PDA

View Full Version : Timeless

Pex
2016-10-03, 09:04 PM
Just three minutes into the show and already two uncalled for male-bashing jokes.

Way to ruin an opening.

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-03, 11:24 PM
Just three minutes into the show and already two uncalled for male-bashing jokes.

Way to ruin an opening.

MRA member, eh?

What spoiled it for me was the placement of a blasting cap in a detonator...

Pex
2016-10-04, 01:24 AM
The rest of the show was ok. It went a bit into racism, and while I would have preferred they didn't it at least had relevance. I do like they are letting history change a little bit. It's like the game Cosmonaughts where you flip over an event card to signify a time change that you can replace with a patch that fixes the relative timeline but history is still altered. Still, as a matter of personal interest, I would one day like to read or see a time travel story where the bad guy changing history who needs to be stopped is changing it in such a way that matches the real world. For example, history as our heroes know it the Hindenburg had always landed safely but the bad guy made it crash in the way we know it did real world time. Sometimes as a twist the heroes are successful and history plays out for them also as we know it, say the bad guy wanted the Red Sox to win the 1986 World Series for some evil horrendous reason but the good guys stop him in such a way that explains how the ball wonderfully went through Bill Buckner's legs in Game 6.

Anyway, I expect future episodes that involve the dead wife and traveling back to where the heroes already exist. Obvious set-ups. It's rare for sci-fi shows to succeed on a major network. It can happen, but I don't get the vibe this show has what it takes to generate the ratings the big networks crave. It would be fine on the CW to branch a little from catering to teenagers or even a cable channel like USA. So far at least I like it enough hoping it does succeed.

Clertar
2016-10-04, 02:45 AM
I feel like this show could be what I kept hoping Sleepy Hollow would be http://www.racocatala.cat/imatges/smileys/riure.gif

--Edit

God, it clearly is not http://www.intercambiosvirtuales.org/wp-content/themes/summerfruit/images/smilies/smileys/blanco/nosweat.gif