PDA

View Full Version : Fumbles (Goblin Comic 5e PC) Build a PC

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2016-10-04, 01:34 AM
I'm sure many here are familiar with the Goblins comic. Background. Fumbles took all 11 classes. At once. So when he levels up, the benefits are...extremely random. Now, without a bunch of homebrew nonsense, this would be hard to do, but lets try to make a PC with the same goal.

At 12 level, have one level of every class. At 20th, no more than 2 levels of any class.

Any PHB Race, standard point buy start, which means states are limited to

13 Str, 13 Dex, 10 Con, 13 Int, 13, Wis, 13 Cha

What would the most effective starting class be, and in what order should they be taken.

Battlebooze
2016-10-04, 02:04 AM
I'd take this path.

Barbarian levels one and two. For the hit points and rage.
Rogue levels three and four. For the back-stab damage and expertise. I'd take expertise in Stealth and Perception.
Wizard level five and six. Meh hit points, spells. Super important, Booming Blade! It's your future pseudo fighting style!
Druid levels seven and eight. Decent hit points, spells, and wild shape. Wild shape is so much fun.
Fighter levels nine and ten. More good hit points and the Duelist fighting style. Sword and board sounds nice.
Paladin levels eleven and twelve. Good hit points, Defensive fighting style. Some starter spells.
Ranger levels thirteen and fourteen. Good hit points, spells, and Archery fighting style at this point
Cleric Levels fifteen and sixteen. Good hit points and spells.
Bard level seventeen and eighteen. Good hit points, more spells.
Warlock level nineteen and twenty. Good Hit points, more minor magic.

No monk levels. Sorry, but two of each level is fine. I know I'm breaking your rules a little, but it's not like this guy isn't crippled enough at it is!

I'd run the character like a sneaky fighter, using sword and board with booming blade to keep my DPS as decent as I can with my one attack. Smite would be nice. Rage when I have to tank. Wild shape for sneaking around and being inconspicuous. This might even be a fun character!

Foxhound438
2016-10-04, 02:23 AM
not exactly in spirit of the original idea, but it might be fun to have a campaign in which everyone starts with all 13's and rolls a d12 to determine the class they pick every time they level up...

Battlebooze
2016-10-04, 06:01 AM
not exactly in spirit of the original idea, but it might be fun to have a campaign in which everyone starts with all 13's and rolls a d12 to determine the class they pick every time they level up...

That would be fun, especially if done in an undead/zombie survival apocalypse style campaign.
How about a gestalt game, when the characters level up they gain a level in two randomly determined classes?

Bruno Carvalho
2016-10-04, 09:25 AM

Just rolled 20d12. Got a mighty Warlock 5/ Rogue 3 / Fighter 3 / Sorcerer 2 / Ranger 3 / Druid 2 / Paladin 1 / Barbarian 1. It even starts well with a nice Warlock/Sorcerer build but then simply fails after level 6.

10 Warlock
8 Rogue
10 Warlock
4 Fighter
9 Sorcerer
9 Sorcerer
7 Ranger
4 Fighter
10 Warlock
3 Druid
3 Druid
8 Rogue
7 Warlock
6 Paladin
10 Warlock
4 Fighter
7 Ranger
1 Barbarian
7 Ranger
8 Rogue

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2016-10-04, 07:09 PM

That would be fun, especially if done in an undead/zombie survival apocalypse style campaign.
How about a gestalt game, when the characters level up they gain a level in two randomly determined classes?

I suggested this for "when the DM can't come".

I was told it was the stupidest idea ever. I thought it would be pretty lol worthy.

I actually really like it.