PDA

View Full Version : Ghostfoot's Age of Worms (IC) Pt 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ghostfoot
2016-10-04, 06:10 AM
THE AGE OF WORMS HAS BEGUN!

Since the beginning of history, humanity has measured time in Ages. Ages of Glory, of Dreams, and even of Great Sorrows mark the human tally of years, giving a sense of order to the events of past centuries. But one age has yet to occur - an age of darkness, of decay, and of writhing doom. Witty bards and wrathful preachers know it as the Age of Worms, weaving it into the peripheries of their passion plays as a mythic era of destruction that could begin at any time. Astrologers, diviners, and the servants of Fate know more. The canniest among them fear that the Age of Worms has already begun.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3d/83/a3/3d83a31e489dc583e851d94d78b2d9bd.jpg

The battle is over, the defeated lizardfolk lying where they have fallen. Around you the swamp slowly comes to life, filling with the noise of insects and birds as the dawn rises cutting through the clinging mist of the Lizard Marsh.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Daggerfordandenvirons_zpsc70cc448.jpg

IC thread #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279146-Ghostfoot-s-Age-of-Worms-(IC))

DrK
2016-10-04, 06:42 AM
Kurnos looks about the poor dead lizard folk and sighs. "This feels cruel. they stand no chance yet still they try. Once dawn has broken we can tracks these ones back to their lair hopefully. Maybe once we reach their lair we can try and parley with their leaders and negotiate the release of the prisoners." He gestures at the fallen lizards ignoring the crunch as Primus and Secundus settle down to gnaw on the bones of one them. "It seems unnecessary to slaughter any more of them if we can avoid it."

I'll have a think about melds for the day. Any requests for people who are curious to see what they'll do?
Any spell requests for me to prep?

Cavir
2016-10-04, 05:28 PM
The melee behind Keston ends. With no threats from elsewhere he turns to join the rest of the party, listens to the druid's wisdom, and nods. "Perhaps. It would be ideal but this new Redeye doesn't sound to be a reasonable type. A show of force may prevail but we are the very focus of his hatred. Question is, was this a random patrol or are they expecting us."

razorback
2016-10-05, 10:40 AM
Kuln digs around the bodies, trying to surmise what was going on. "That's a good question. My gut says it may have been a random patrol but it's best if we proceed with caution."

BelGareth
2016-10-05, 10:47 AM
Susebron was ready, even not wearing armor, he thought that if this was it, then so be it. But everyone moved with a purpose, and he felt comfortable wading into the darkness with them, or as comfortable as could be.

He was glad though, when the hounds of this Kurnos took to the lizardmen, dispatching them with a fierce ferocity he had not seen before. Again, gladness was felt, that he was on their side, and they had allowed him to tag along.

He listens to them and frowns "How could they have known you were coming?" he asks, perturbed, that the enemy they were after could be expecting them, it seemed there was something he was not aware of.

razorback
2016-10-05, 11:23 AM
"Spies, though I doubt that. Magic scrying, I suppose. Maybe someone was on watch outside this dank place and sent a signal to this band? All sorts of ways, I suppose." Kuln says as he carefully retraces his steps and looks to see if he can find where this band came from.

Not sure if it's a spot or search but he has a +11 to both.
[roll0]

Cavir
2016-10-05, 12:45 PM
Keston responds to Susebron. "Before we found you we were traveling to Cromm's Keep. Reaching it, we found it besieged by lizardfolk. We decisively broke the siege and those that survived disappeared back into the swamp, with prisoners. We are on our way to get those prisoners back one way or another. That leads us right into their main lair, led by Redeye, who used to follow peace with humans. After being missing, presumed dead, for years he is back with hatred for humans. It isn't surprising they left some patrols along the way to see if anyone was following. We were warned of a variety of creatures we'll face out here, including harpies who might be allied with Redeye."

"Speaking of creatures we may encounter. Thanks to Mystra and a spellbook we captured, I have prepared a spell to charm an undead creature. If we come across any and my spell works, don't attack it or it will break the spell."

BelGareth
2016-10-05, 12:56 PM
Susebron plants his sword into the ground and listens, at first, he was fine, it just seemed like a patrol as Kuln explained, but then Keston piped up, explaining their mission.

Well, thats certainly...differenthe thought to himself.

He nodded to Keston "Many thanks for the explanation, I will do as you advise." he nods, picks up his sword and sheathe, and walks back to buckle on his armor, he was awake, and dawn was fast approaching, no use in not being ready if another group encountered them. He had felt....less than useful. Perhaps he could still show his usefulness to them still?

Ghostfoot
2016-10-11, 05:31 AM
As you break camp Kuln, Kurnos and the hounds search around the lizard party trying to determine their origin. Tracking the scent back it appears that this group had picked up your trail several hundred feet away and had tracked you to your campsite. The origin trail seems to lead off in quite a different direction to that of the lizard group and prisoners that you are following, indicating that while aggressive they perhaps are a separate or even unrelated faction of lizardfolk.

In any case you continue your journey, expecting to reach the lair of the Redeye tribe this evening and anxious to rescue the captives before anything further happens to them. The day passes relatively uneventfully as you wade and trudge through the dreary mist. The only hint of imminent danger at one point as you are crossing a wide bog and something large passes by out-of-sight overhead with a loud screech and flapping of leathery wings, the screech echoed by another flying not too far away.

As the sun begins to dip again the hounds become noticably agitated and you sense that the trail that they have been following is becoming confused with many criss-cross tracks and signs of activity. You must surely be almost upon the tribal lair by now. Ahead, a huge mound of sodden earth rises up amid a dark grove of great old and twisted mangaroo trees.

razorback
2016-10-11, 03:11 PM
As the huge hounds start to get excited, Kuln waves the others to slow.
"Alright, if I know beasties, that probably means we are getting close. What say " he says as he points towards the mounds "I play like a shadow on a cloudy day as I see what can be seen?" as he stows his crossbow and removes his swords.

Chambers
2016-10-12, 05:03 PM
Jhaan

"Be wary." Jhaan says as he stops with the group, slipping his pack down off his shoulders. He takes a few moments to recheck his armor, make sure all the straps are tight and then readies his sword.

Active Effects: Endure Explosure (Party: Endure Elements & Immune to Breath Weapon), Aura: Resistance (Party: Resist Fire 5 within 30ft), Bolstering Voice (Party: +2 Morale Will Saves, +4 vs Fear).

Maneuvers Readied: Death Mark, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade

DrK
2016-10-12, 05:34 PM
Still clad in the same incarnum power as the day before Kurnos pats the hounds on the heads as they both settle down on their haunches beside the druid. The larger of the two still looking the man in the eyes, its glowing incarnum infused eyes eager to hunt some more. Kurnos pats the beast again and nods to the small lithe gnome. "Good hunting my friend. We are waiting here if you fall into some trouble." He watches the gnome advance carefully, eyes and ears alert for any dangers.

Kurnos Spot [roll0]/ listen [roll1]
Primus Spot [roll2]/ listen [roll3]
Secundus Spot [roll4]/ listen [roll5]

Incarnum:
1E Wormtail belt (+2NA, +1/Essentia, +1DC/essentia, Sting 1d6, DC 12+CON+Ess 1d4/1d4 Str)
1E Dread carapce (PA, -1/+1, bites -1+2, +1/Ess)
0E Dragon Tail: (1d8 tail, +1 enh/essentia)
0E Dissolving Spittle (1d6 acid+1/Ess, 30ft touch)
2E Astral Vamrbace (DR 2/magic +2/Ess)

Kurnos:
AC 20 FF18 Touch 12 +3 NA (belt) = 23
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46
Effect: energy shield aura

Primus:
AC 20 FF 18, Touch 11 +3 NA (belt) = 23
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66

Secundus
AC 23 FF 20, Touch 13, +3 NA (belt) = 26
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Cavir
2016-10-12, 10:15 PM
Keston ensures his cap is flipped so that it is not a beacon of light giving away their position. "I am surprised we have gotten this close without facing more defenses. Good luck Kuln. If need be I have a scroll of web which would work well in this environment."

AC: 15
HP: 26
Saves: 5/5/9
Effect: energy shield aura (from Jhaan)

razorback
2016-10-13, 10:38 AM
"If you guys hear a high, shrill scream, coming running... I doubt that would be me but some complaining lizardman." he says with a crooked grin as he disappears into the undergrowth.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Listen
[roll2]
Spot
[roll3]

Trying to get close enough to the encampment to see the layout and the amount of lizardmen without getting to close as to be spotted or scent picked up by any animals.

BelGareth
2016-10-13, 03:21 PM
Bron moved next to Jhaan and readied his own blade, his black shadowy panther padding silently up next to him.

This time, he was wearing his armor, and he felt a little more protected. He was ready to provide a little more assistance this time, he hoped.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-14, 08:37 PM
The little Lantanese gnome ducks forward, swords at the ready. He scurries through the massive roots that grow up all around and converge on the huge trees above. Ducking through the thick vines and mud he approaches the hillock and starts to work his way up it. As he is moving from root to root up the mound he suddenly freezes and melds into the cover as he spies two lizardfolk at the base not far from. They walk together, making a slow circle around the hillock, alert and with clubs at the ready but make no indication of having seen Kuln or the rest of the party.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk_zpstab7fyfy.png

Hope the map makes sense. Just a quick one.

Green is forest. Brown is the hillock. Both count as light undergrowth so cost 2 squares to move into.

razorback
2016-10-17, 01:27 PM
Kuln, alert, keeps from being noticed by the lizardfolk. Once they are out of view, he tries to signal the others with a wave of his hand and finger across his throat to simulate slitting their throats, hoping that they can see and understand him.

Moving quietly towards the edge, he angles to intercept them while keeping hidden.

AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Listen
[roll2]
Spot
[roll3]

Knowledge devotion
[roll4] +5 Arcana, +6 Dungeoneering, +4 Nature and most of the rest.

Check Result Bonus Granted
15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

I'm thinking that they are moving towards us. If so, he will move to the corner of the growth, which looks to be Z-11, and wait to sneak attack.

Effects ~

+4 dodge vs giants
Knowledge Devotion check = +X insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

Cavir
2016-10-17, 10:12 PM
Keston knew he was out of his element compared to the others, his specialties weren't needed at this point. Two scouts would be quick work for the others. Better for him to stay out of sight but ready. With an arrow nocked, the cleric gets low and stays out of sight.

DrK
2016-10-18, 01:35 AM
Kurnos and and the dogs freeze at the whispering from their skilled scout. Watching the two lizardmen through the slits of his mask he feels sad that they will have to die so needlessly but looking at the massive hounds flanking him he knew the beasts could no comprehend the concept of subdual, well not yet at any rate. Looking around he whispers to Jhaan, "I'll go when you go."

razorback
2016-10-20, 11:29 AM
Kuln, with a dark smile on his face, slides in behind the two scouts. With a quick nod to where his allies are hiding <and he quickly thinks he should give some of them a lesson on how to stay hidden and silent>, he winks and waves to them as he step forward and seeks to skewer one through the kidneys.

HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Wait until they are about S-T 11 or so and set himself up for a flank once the cavalry arrives.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] + [roll2] sneak attack

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3]
[roll4]

Effects ~

+4 dodge vs giants
Knowledge Devotion check = 2X insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-23, 01:57 PM
Kuln slinks from behind a mass of roots and vines, darting forward and stabbing at the back of a lizardman for 13 damage. It grunts in pain and the two lizard warriors heft their clubs looming over the wee gnome...

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%202_zpsg79wqcs8.png

=> Keston, Kurnos, Jhaan, Susebron
Surprise round so single action only

Cavir
2016-10-23, 02:19 PM
Keston thought the ambush would happen closer to them. With Kuln initiating the attack so far away Keston pops out of cover and lets loose with an arrow at the lizardman that hadn't yet felt the sting of Kuln's skill.

Longbow
Attack: [roll0] Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Crit: [roll3]

Chambers
2016-10-23, 05:08 PM
Jhann

The distance between him and the lizardmen too far for either blade or fire, Jhann instead stepped out of the treeline and walked straight towards them. "The glory of Tyr protect us!" He shouted as he advanced.

Move to L6.

Active Effects: Endure Explosure (Party: Endure Elements & Immune to Breath Weapon), Aura: Resistance (Party: Resist Fire 5 within 30ft), Bolstering Voice (Party: +2 Morale Will Saves, +4 vs Fear).

Active Stance: Bolstering Voice
Maneuvers Readied: Death Mark, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade
Maneuvers Granted: Fire Riposte, Burning Blade
Maneuvers Expended:
Newly Granted Maneuver: [roll0] Revitalizing Strike

BelGareth
2016-10-24, 11:05 AM
Susebron was waiting, his grip on his weapon was tight, he noticed a little too tight, so he lessened it, his knuckles allowing blood back in and he felt his hands again, combat was always a nervous endeavor, but the thrill of it always over rid his fears and he ended up enjoying it for the most part. He saw Jhan rush out, and so, he decided to follow the man out, he seemed capable of combat, and good melee partner.

And there was those big damned dogs.

He didn't say anything, only motioned with one hand to the lizardmen and his silent silhouette of a companion padded over to him, standing between him and Jhan.

Move to L8
Dark companion moves to L7 (any enemy adjacent to the DC receives a -2 to saves and AC)

DrK
2016-10-25, 04:36 PM
As Jhaan and the new hero in their party rush out to the lizards Kurnos and the hounds break cover, the druid easily outpaced by the huge hulking glowing dogs. The dogs bound forward, jaws snapping hungrily.

Kurnos: double move to close
Primus: charge!
[roll0] dam [roll1] trip [roll2] vs [roll3]+?

Secundus
[roll4] dam [roll5] trip [roll6] vs [roll7]+?

Incarnum:
1E Wormtail belt (+2NA, +1/Essentia, +1DC/essentia, Sting 1d6, DC 12+CON+Ess 1d4/1d4 Str)

Kurnos:
AC 20 FF18 Touch 12 +3 NA (belt) = 23
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Ghostfoot
2016-10-29, 05:19 AM
Kuln stabs again and one of the creatures drops to the mud, bleeding out. Keston fires at the remaining one but his arrow thunks harmlessly into the surrounding wooded mass. The southern warrior Jhaan shouts a war cry as he emerges from cover followed by Susebron and his strange shadowy guardian. Kurnos too moves forward quickly overtaken by the two hounds that cover the distance in no time at all. Primus, the hound the size of a large pony, leaps at the sole lizardfolk warrior and bears it to the ground jaws closing for 21 damage as a snap marks the end of the guard.

You regroup as the sun moves lower and light starts to fade among the shadows of the roots and boughs, the large mound looming over you.

Sorry Razorback I omitted your Knowledge Devotion bonus damage earlier. You take own your opponent.

=> Party

razorback
2016-10-31, 11:22 AM
"Well, that was clean. Suppose I could have managed to get them in a better location. Something to remember for next time." He bends over the creatures, taking a look at them, before turning to Kurnos. "You think your friends can hunt down where these lizardmen came from?"

DrK
2016-10-31, 04:42 PM
Kurnos looks down sadly at the bodies. "Its a shame. Senseless, they didn't stand a chance." He looks at the mound and the mossy ground at Kuln's words. "Aye, we'll see what they can find. Away boys, hunt them down so we can find our way in." He throws a piece of lizard flesh to each dog before whistling to them.

Primus 1d20=6
Secudnus [roll0]

He follows slowly, watching the ground carefully as he flexes his arms and his twin tails thrash and snap around him. One barbed and other with the long purple stinger. He looks at the others and nods as he moves stealthily after the dogs.

Cavir
2016-10-31, 10:14 PM
Keston moves forward to catch up with the others at the dead lizardmen. He checks the chewed up bodies for any items of note while the others start tracking.

BelGareth
2016-11-01, 05:38 PM
Bron regarded the big dogs with a mixture of respect and awe.

It had happened quickly, almost too quickly to see. But he was able to make it out, he was almost disappointed, not able to partake of the battle, to quench his thirst for the pulsing beating of combat.

He moved up to the bodies and watched as the dogs took off. They were more useful than he was. Frowning, and regarding his own self worth in comparison to two large dogs, he followed the others, wary and ready.

Chambers
2016-11-01, 05:41 PM
Jhann

"A quiet killing rouses few heads." Jhann says as he hustles over to the dead lizardfolk. "If they are patrolling this area then perhaps we are near to their hideout."

razorback
2016-11-02, 10:44 AM
"That was my thought, too. Let us proceed with a bit of discretion, then." he says with a smile as he tramps off after the hounds, blending effortlessly into the shadows as he goes.

Cavir
2016-11-02, 10:07 PM
"If anyone wants to get Enlarged for a fight, be sure I can reach you when the time comes. Hopefully we are in time to save Marzena and the others." Keston moves to keep up with the group while trying to balance moving quietly and not becoming the rear guard for the group.

razorback
2016-11-03, 10:56 AM
Kuln giggles a bit at that thought of a large gnome such as him as he ranges further ahead of the others, keeping to the shadows but flanking the hounds.

Hide
[roll0]
MS
[roll1]
Listen
[roll2]
Spot
[roll3]

Ghostfoot
2016-11-04, 02:51 PM
The party moves carefully around the mound and twisted mangaroo roots. The hounds pad forward clearly excited and agitated as they scent a myriad of creatures tracking in all directions. Picking your way through the mud and branches the dogs converge at a point, heads inclined to a large tangled mass of dangling roots. A quick inspection reveals that the roots have been carefully cultivated to obscure an opening. A pitch-black tunnel descends underneath the mound, water drip-dripping from many roots hanging from the ceiling and pooling on the muddy ground.

Search DC15 to uncover entrance:
Keston (1d20+2)[7]
Kurnos (1d20)[12]
Kuln (1d20+11)[29]
Jhaan (1d20+2)[15]
Susebron (1d20-1)[17]

The tunnel is about 7ft wide and 7ft high. Primus will have to squeeze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm) to get through.

Photobucket is down. I'll post a map when it is up again, but there's not much more to relay.

Cavir
2016-11-06, 09:25 PM
Keston speaks with a warn smile. "Nice catch Kuln. With it so muddy, any sign of recent use?" He puts the bow away and pulls out his morningstar. The cleric will stick to the middle of the group within the tunnel. His cap is turned up so that the magical stone sewn into it lights up the area.

Granted, his lack of stealth skills and becoming a beacon of light could get chastised anyone.

BelGareth
2016-11-07, 01:33 PM
As they move forward and find the tunnel, Bron quietly moves next to Keston and whispers as if someone might overhear them "I would most definitely benefit from such a spell, I've had a cleric cast it on me before. But I must tell you though, I have a tendency to break things, armor, shields, weapons. So if you want any of their stuff, let me know before hand..." he says with a wry grin. "Though, we're better of alive with broken stuff, than dead with nice and pretty things, eh?"

He quiets as they approach, peering into the darkness. He casts a quick orison, and his sword lights up, similar to Kestons cap.

casts light on his sword

DrK
2016-11-07, 05:10 PM
Kurnos looks into the hole and then at the massive wolf beside them. He tickles the beast under its armoured chin and points to the back of the pack. "Shall Primus take up the rear? He can keep up safe and won't slow us down as he squeezes down the corridor. Need to make you smaller eh?" He looks ahead as he moves to the hole in the ground pulling out his shield and his club as the others cast light. "IF we meet the scaled beasts shall we try to speak to them?"

razorback
2016-11-08, 01:00 PM
"Thanks. Can't tell if there was anything recent. What about the Hound of Doom, eh?" he says as he nudges Kurnos in the ribs.
As the light begins to shine from magic, he almosts hisses. "Well, once we are in there, make sure to keep well behind me. Nothing like a little light at my back to outline my approach." sarcasm dripping from his words.

Cavir
2016-11-09, 08:25 AM
"We can try talking. May need to resort to knocking one out and bringing a prisoner along with us."

Keston takes Kuln's admonishment to mind. Taking his cap in hand he tries to limit how much light is shining. With Kuln out in front the party just needs the few feet ahead of them to see where they were stepping at this point.

BelGareth
2016-11-09, 11:42 AM
Bron almost recoiled at the venomous response to his light orison.

How as he supposed to see? Not everyone could see in the dark. he thought to himself, but as Keston dampened his own light, Bron followed suit, not wanting to make waves. They had an order to things, and he broke that.

He followed along mutely, trying not to get in the way of anyone.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-12, 04:39 AM
Kuln moves ahead down the tunnel, the others following behind, just in his sight. The air is moist and a bit smoky and mosquitoes swarm through the air as they're disturbed. Most of the tunnel walls seem to actually be root structures with some earth as well. Beetles and other insects skitter about and the dogs are very agitated with all of the myriad scents about.

Not far in Kuln comes to a junction. A small alcove to the south has a few javelins and wooden clubs decorated with shells propped against the wall. A large clay pot is filled with fresh water.

To the east the tunnel is dark, as is the sloping tunnel to the south. The western tunnel has a distant flicker of torchlight reflecting down it. There is a smell of rotting matter in the air which gets much stronger as you approach the tunnel sloping down south.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair_zpsjtefhnqf.png

=> Party

razorback
2016-11-13, 01:42 PM
The diminutive Kuln squats down and holds his hand out behind him, palm extended, signalling the rest of the party to stop. He spies what he can before sneaking back.
"It splits in three just up ahead. Looks like a guard post might be just up ahead but I didn't see anyone. It's a pinch point where we can get gained upon by three... well, four sides. How do you guys want to do this? I'm thinking we make a right, clear it out, and move back."

DrK
2016-11-13, 05:36 PM
Kurnos pauses as Kuln comes back up. "THis place may be a warren. Would it make sense to announce our presence and then after the inevitable battle we could try and speak with them and negotiate? If not I fear we will leave this den choked with dead lizards." Looking up ahead at the opening he grins. "Plus the space up ahead is a good place to bring our dogs..."

Cavir
2016-11-13, 09:46 PM
Keston joins in the whispered chat. "Let's have Kuln check around to the right where the torchlight is first? I do speak draconic and their language seems to be close enough. If the opportunity is there I can see about a more peaceful outcome."

razorback
2016-11-14, 12:29 PM
"Yeah, sounds like a grand plan." says with a mocking tone towards Keston before breaking into a smile.
"Honestly, not an issue if the cavalry is behind me somewhere. Everyone good with that or do we make our presence known?"

BelGareth
2016-11-14, 01:25 PM
Bron nodded in assent. If his opinion mattered, he wasn't sure, he was trying not to make waves.

The shadow next to him, seemed to pad closer to Kuln, as if it wanted to join him.

Chambers
2016-11-15, 08:57 PM
Jhann

"If any of our esteemed spellslingers can conjure up a wall of some sorts to block one tunnel while we explore the other, that'd reduce exposure on our flank." Jhann says quietly. "Otherwise, I'd say we hang back and let the quiet ones go on ahead, at their discretion of course. My sword is right behind you."

Ghostfoot
2016-11-19, 05:16 AM
Kuln slinks forward down the humid and muddy tunnel toward the flickering light. Peering about a tnalged clump of roots he spies a dank chamber. Several armed lizardfolk shuffle and squat about a firepit of smoking reeds, all with the distinctive red warpaint about their eyes as you saw at the siege of Cromm's Hold. Judging by the mud and grass sleeping pallets about the room it looks like some sort of sleeping quarters.

From where Kuln is he can see more flickering torchlight down the passage that continues to the southwest.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%201_zpsouuerrrn.png

=> Party

razorback
2016-11-21, 02:23 PM
Kuln, once spotting the lizardmen and some possibly further up, slowly makes his way back to the others.
"Looks like 5 in the room up ahead and, possibly, more, further up around the bend. Nasty business to be caught between them."
Looking at Keston, he says "Well, if you want to try this peaceably, this would be your time. Don't worry, got your back if it goes bad." with a wink.

DrK
2016-11-21, 05:33 PM
Kurnos nods at Primus. "Shall Primus hold the corridor here? We should try talking first, then if that fails we'll have to end them as fast as possible." As he speaks both tails flick and snap dangerously as he looks at the others, mask glistening with moisture in the dim light. "Keston, do you feel confident you can speak their tongue?"

Cavir
2016-11-22, 07:39 PM
Kuln's scouting gave Keston time to think about strategy. After the gnome's report Keston took another moment to think things through.

The cleric smiles and nods. "Yes, I have full faith will we all stand together. I agree we should see if there is any Reason to be found with them. I suggest Primus holding this intersection, Kuln to keep an eye around the bend up there, Kurnos to join me, and the rest in the middle, ready to go where needed."

"They are lizardmen warriors. I believe a show of force without being too threatening would be best."

Keston casts Prestidigitation followed by pulling out his wand of Shield and using it on himself. He finishes his preparation with a different wand in one hand and his morningstar in the other. He looks to Kurnos. "Ready?"

With Kurnos right behind him, he adds one more touch. With just a thought his armbands begin showing blue electric charges of energy dancing along the surface. He steps up to the mouth of the quarters. He calls out in draconic, from out of sight at first, then walks into the light of their torches while armed but weapons lowered. His voice is firm and authoritative. He uses simple language.

"Redeye warriors. We are here to talk to Redeye himself. Attacking us will anger Redeye. Keep your weapons down. Who is in charge here?"

In the interest of time, hope I'm not going too far assuming agreement with the plan. There is time for people to prepare while Keston is doing the same.

Prep:
Cast Prestidigitation.
Wand of Shield on himself.
Cap is down, not shedding light, counting on their torches.
Wand of Sound Burst and morningstar readied.

Action:
Move to K29. Start speaking while moving to J29
Diplomacy [roll0]

Ghostfoot
2016-11-25, 04:38 AM
Keston calls out to the lizardfolk warriors, then steps into the torchlight. The hulking scaled humanoids snap to alertness, bristling with jagged clubs and flexing sharp talons at the sight of the young man. As he steps forward the creatures emit low hisses as they slowly spread out around the chamber sizing up the intruder. While clearly close to hurling themselves at Keston in a battle frenzy, one of the lizardfolk with bright war-paint across his eye responds slowly to him in their crude dialect "Human. Sit here. Wait" It gestures Keston into the room to sit by the fire in the middle of the room as it makes to depart down the southwest passageway. The others grip their weapons in their scaled claws with obvious anticipation.

Cavir
2016-11-25, 10:42 AM
Keston turns his head back towards his party briefly. "One coming through. Let him pass. Expect him to bring back someone more in charge."

Turning back to the warriors who want to tear him to pieces, he gestures downward for them to also sit around the fire as he does. He slowly reaches into his cloak and pulls out a flask. As he opens it a small amount of steam is seen. He takes a swig of the hot tea.

Flask is from the Travel Cloak.

DrK
2016-11-25, 04:55 PM
Kurnos grins behind the mask, hands grasping the club and twin tails snapping and whipping around in the dim lights as the lizardman walks past. Leaving Primus as a massive growling presence in the central hall he sends Secundus into the hall with the warriors to nuzzle against Kuln. Or at least as much as a massive warhound with claws, purple scales and two barbed tails can nuzzle. "This bodes well. I'm glad that we are able to speak with these creatures. Though I suspect Redeye won't be as amenable."

razorback
2016-11-30, 11:53 AM
Kuln does his best to blend in with the shadows and any crevices he can, keeping out of sight, as he smiles at Keston, even if he might not be able to see it.

Figure he's behind that spot at L/M-32.

Ghostfoot
2016-12-01, 05:49 AM
Keston sits by the fire, nuzzled by the friendly ever-changing hound Secondus. The rest of the party waits further back. Long minutes pass. The remaining lizardfolk remain standing uneasily, tongues flicking in and out the flex sinews and weaponry as everyone is on edge.

Eventually there is the sound of activity. Torchlight approaches, illuminating a large scaled hulk striding forward accompanied by a group of more Redeye clan warriors. The leader wears plates of armour across its enormous green-scaled body. At first these look like fur clothing but as you look closer you see it wears battle armour fashioned from the bristled black hide of giant wolf spiders. A sheaf of javelins hangs from a harness and like others of its kind that you have seen it bears many fetishes, tokens and amulets. It bear no weapons but looking at its razor-sharp talons it is obvious it has no need of any. It bears the same read war-paint around its eye as the rest of the tribe and around its maw its green scales are stained black.

Barging through any careless warriors who are in the way it steps forward into the room with Keston. A heavy braided vine rope is held in one hand and it pushes forward the bloodied and broken captive that is bound by it. The poor soldier cries in pain and falls at its feet. He's obviously been mistreated and barely alive with missing fingers, a dangling broken arm and one eye swollen shut. His remaining eye is wide with terror.

The hulking leader grunts and hisses with laughter as the unfortunate man falls down, and then fixes his eyes on Keston. In crude draconic it speaks "I am Kotabas. You seek Redeye. He says no. You are not worthy of our great leader, except as a meal of honor. What makes you think that you can leave here alive, Scaleless One?"

All about the growing numbers of tribal warriors tense waiting on your response to the goading...

=> Party

Cavir
2016-12-01, 11:56 PM
As the approach is heard, Keston calmly puts his flask away, stands, turns toward the entrance, and awaits the arrival. His cloak turns to the bright blue of Mystra. His holy symbol and medallion of gallantry clearly hang from his neck. Bits of lightning silently surge around his gloves. He listens to Kotabas' challenge as he gazes at the warrior. A slight smile and nod can be seen as he recognizes the armor Kotabas wears. He uses the look to create a pause, to keep tensions from boiling over.

"Kotabas, yes. We have heard of you. Second only to Redeye himself for the tribe. I am Keston. You don't know that name but by now you know of us. We are the ones who routed your warriors at the human fort. We too have fought and killed giant spiders." The cleric turns his eyes to the prisoner between them. He takes a knee to look closer, then stands back up.

"We did not come here to be a meal. We came here for this man and the other humans you took. In exchange for the human prisoners we have vital information to help your tribe. We too took prisoners. We will also have our prisoners released back to you, one of whom Redeye will want to make a meal of." He pauses, barely, to let that comment become a curiosity.

"What makes me think I will leave here alive? We stopped your assault on the fort. We made it through your territory without being caught. We got into these tunnels, even got into this room without a problem. The goddess Mystra aids us and we have many magics at our call. We are not here for a fight. We are here for trade, and that trade benefits your tribe. Your honor as a warrior should see the wisdom in it."

9 points healing (up to half full hp) from Touch of Healing (supernatural ability, no AoO)

What is the name of the pack leader we interrogated? --> Kushak

Assuming this is Diplomacy but isn't finished yet. If I should roll for how it is going so far let me know in OOC.

Ghostfoot
2016-12-30, 04:15 AM
"You talk too much, Scaleless One. All these words of trade and exchange. We of the Redeye do not trade. We take, and we feast on the bodies of our fallen foes. Redeye himself taught us that. Showed us that Scaleless Ones shall not be dealt with in any other way." Kotabas flexes his long talons as his warriors tense, "The Tribe will eat well tonight..."

Cavir - Diplomacy check plse if you wish to avoid combat (or Bluff/ Intimidate if you choose).

Cavir
2017-01-01, 08:50 PM
Keston stands tall. "Redeye taught you how to be defeated! It only took six Scaleless Ones to send the Redeye running. Soon there will be over 100 Scaleless Ones there. Blue feathered lizardfolk now approach your territory because he left the tribe weak. Redeye has failed you. It is time for him to die. You should take over the tribe. Kotabas can be the name the tribe cheers. Show your power and kill Redeye. We can even help. What say you? Are you brave enough to take him down and eat his flesh?"

Ghostfoot
2017-01-02, 02:53 PM
"Scaleless Ones and Blue Feathers approach? This is good, the prey makes it easy. Our food stores will overflow even as we feast! You say Redeye has failed us but no, he brings us glory and sustenance!"

Diplomacy fail, but not badly enough to initiate combat. Care to try again?

BelGareth
2017-01-03, 12:10 AM
Susebron watched the interaction with keen interest, he had always been good at talking, and he hoped he could learn from his new companions, they were obviously very well capable of defending themselves, and he was fast becoming...happy? that they had found him, he shook his mental thoughts slightly, smirking, he was happy, for the first time in a while, surrounded by hostile lizardfolk, and inside one of their dens. He was mad, surely.

Narrowing his eyes, he decided to step in, diplomacy was failing, it was time for some good old intimidation, and if that failed, they would fight, as they were ready to do so.

He stepped forward, placing a hand on Kestons shoulder, his shadowy panther by his side, almost fading from view except from the flickering torches that lit the room, making him seem to disappear and reappear only a few feet over. Slowly, he steps closer towards Kotabas, as if inspecting him up and down, a frown upon his face. He turns back to Keston, "You want him to rule instead of Redeye?" he says incredulously, as if he was shocked by the suggestion, he shakes his head, "We would be better off choosing one of those warriors outside we butchered earlier." He let his resentment of everything into his voice, "You are not worthy of our time Kotabas, you delay us with talk, like a caretaker, a maid to your master!" he said, with a sibilant hiss, "YOU want to claim redeye has bought you glory, when YOU failed to detect six scaleless ones inside your very own home?" he shakes his head, his voice had raised, he was almost yelling, building up, pent up anger and madness boiling to the surface "You are WRONG, you will lose either way Kotabas, and I shall relish it when I cleave your skull from you neck and hang it from my BELT!" he yelled, directly at the warrior.

[roll0]
If his dark companion gets within 5ft of Kotabas, he suffers -2 to saves and AC, for what it is worth.

razorback
2017-01-03, 12:38 PM
Kuln fights down an urge to fidget as he keeps himself hidden while the others do the talking.

Ghostfoot
2017-01-06, 05:55 AM
"Enough of this pitter-patter. LET'S FEAST!" roars Kotabas in draconic as he urges his warriors forward. The lizardfolk roar in return as they heft their weapons, Kotabas reaching forward to grab the hapless prisoner tensing his muscles ready to rip the poor man's head clean off!

okay, enough chat. time for choppy choppy.

initiative

lizardfolk (1d20)[2]
susebron (1d20+2)[20]
jhaan (1d20+1)[8]
kuln (1d20+5)[7]
kurnos (1d20+2)[6]
keston (1d20-1)[8]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%202_zps00akbsiq.png

Kotabas is in red
prisoner is in yellow

=> Party
Post in any order

DrK
2017-01-06, 09:53 AM
Kurnos shakes his head slightly at the stupidity of the scaled beast as he moves to begin a battle that will surely result in all of his scaled kin being slaughtered. He whistles and clicks his fingers sending Primus leaping on top of Kotabas's back as he mutters an incantation, power flowing into his veins as strength fills him. Flexing the club and cracking his pair of tails he readies to slaughter the lizards, striding into the chamber. Behind him Primus begins to force its way down the corridor.

Secundus
Move to J28
Tail sting Kotabas [roll0] dam [roll1] Fort DC 15 or [roll2] Str

Kurnos
Cast Bull strength
Move to J29

Primus
Squeeze to L31 - but will let Jhaan past obviously

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
AC 23 FF21 Touch 12 +3 NA (belt) = 26
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46
Effect: energy shield aur, Bulls strength (5 mins)

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66
Effect: energy shield aura, Bulls Strength (5 mins)

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

razorback
2017-01-06, 06:27 PM
"I guess that means it's on!" Kuln practically squeaks as he rushes forward, swords swinging.

AC ~20; Current ~ 18/22 if they are giants
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Knowledge devotion
[roll0]+5 Arcana, +6 Dungeoneering, +4 Nature and most of the rest.
You then receive an insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls against that creature type for the remainder of the combat.

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

Charge to L-28

Attack
[roll1] + Knowledge Devotion

Damage
[roll2] + [roll3]sneak attack + Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll4] + Knowledge Devotion
[roll5] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
Charge = +2 to hit and -2 to AC
+4 dodge vs giants
Knowledge Devotion check = +X insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

BelGareth
2017-01-06, 06:39 PM
Susebron smiles as Kotabas decides to take his destiny in his own hands.

He quickly summons his shadow to him, and draws his adamantium bastard sword out his sheathe, which makes a 'Shing!' sound as he does, he corrects his footing, and unleashes an attack against Kotobas, sending his unsent rage into the creatures armor, or what stood for it.

Location of Susebron: I29
Location of Dark Companion: H29 (Not sure if you knew, but the Dark Companion, does indeed take a 5ft square)
Anyone adjacent to Dark companion suffers -2 to saves and AC (Currently Kotobas I28 & Lizardhenchmanx G30

Immediate Action: Activate Destruction Devotion (lasts 1 minute)
Swift: Smite (+4 to hit, +1 to damage)
[roll0]
[roll1] + -1 to armor or natural armor

[roll2]
[roll3] + -1 to armor or natural armor

Effects: Destruction devotion 10/10
No swift action next turn

Cavir
2017-01-06, 11:04 PM
Kotabas makes a move at the prisoner but Keston is faster. "Dirt is all you will feast on." Keston reaches down and puts his morningstar in the prisoner's hand. As he makes contact, Mystra's healing flows through to the prisoner. "Defend yourself. Don't worry about killing. We have friends for that."

The cleric stands tall while pulling a dagger out and faces Kotabas. "As for you, your tribe will FALL!"

Touch of Healing on the prisoner for 9hp. Draw dagger. AP for extra action: Command (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/command.htm) spell to make him fall to the ground and remains prone for 1 round. Will DC 15 to resist.

Ideally this happens before the rest of the party attacks so that Kotabas is prone.

Chambers
2017-01-07, 02:31 AM
Jhann

"Most negotiations started at sword point..." Jhann says as he moves in closer to the melee, "...usually end at sword point too!" Getting in as close as he can in the crowded tunnel, he turns and breathes fire down the southwest passageway. Some of the fire seems to flash over his companions, the ward guarding them.

Swift: Change aura to Energy Shield. Each enemy that hits any of the party in melee takes 2 fire damage per hit.
Move: Move to...K29? I think that spot is open. If not, a space 20ft from Jhann's current square that will allow him to target the two enemies with a 15ft Cone.
Standard: Breath Fire, 15ft Cone, Entangling Exhalation. The two enemies must make a DC 14 Reflex save or take [roll0] fire damage. If they take damage they are entangled for [roll1] rounds and take [roll2] fire damage per round entangled.

Stance Active: Bolstering Voice
Readied Maneuvers: Death Mark, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade
Granted Maneuvers: [roll3] (Burning Blade), [roll4] (White Raven Tactics), [roll5] (Revitalizing Strike)
Expended Maneuvers: None.

Party Effects:
Energy Shield (all). Each enemy that hits any of the party in melee takes 2 fire damage per hit.
Bolstering Voice (all). Each ally has +2 Morale Will saves, +4 vs Fear.

Ghostfoot
2017-01-10, 04:54 AM
Keston wrenches the prisoner aside, healing energy flowing into the broken man. As Kotabas lunges Keston speaks his magical command. The hulking armoured lizardman crashes to the ground, arms and legs flailing wildly. Secondys pounces at the fallen foe, teeth clamping for 8 damage. Susebron too lashes out at the fallen warleader, sword sending chunks of armoured carapace flying as he hits for 12 damage total.

Nearby Kuln dashes from the shadows, twin blades stabbing out at the nearest warrior felling him with 15 damage. Strange energies emanate out from Jhaan, protective fires warding the party but blasting out from Jhaan like a dragon's breath washing over Kotabas for 2 fire damage hampering him.

Roars echo through the corridors as the tribal warriors surge forward. Near Kotabas the waiting Redeye soldiers leap forward to attack Keston, who has just sent their leader sprawling. Clubs smash into him for a total of 11 damage as he defends himself as best he can with his dagger but each warrior suffering minor burns for 2 fire damage. On the ground, Kotabas lashes out at Susebron as he attacks, but hampered as he is can't land an effective blow.

More mass in the tunnel near little Kuln, throwing themselves forward to swing at him with their stone-studded clubs but easily evaded by the wee hero. Behind the party, from near the entrance tunnel, there are more roars and howls as another mob burst from hiding in a darkened room. They rush forward clubs swinging as they close with the huge hound Primus.

Kotabas vs Command Will save DC15 (1d20-1)[5] Fail => Prone 1 round

Kotabas vs Jhaan fire breath DC14 (1d20+3)[6] Fail => 2 damage, entangled
no other enemy in range (others all down)

Kotabas vs Susebron (incl -6 for prone & Entangled)
claw (1d20+3)[9] damage (1d6+3)[9]
claw (1d20+3)[11] damage (1d6+3)[9]
bite (1d20-1)[12] damage (1d4+1)[4]

lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+2)[18] damage (1d6+1)[3]
lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+2)[10] damage (1d6+1)[6]
lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+6)[15] (incl. flank) damage (1d6+1)[4]
lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+6)[25] (incl. flank) damage (1d6+1)[4]

lizardfolk vs Kuln club (1d20+2)[6] damage (1d6+1)[3]
lizardfolk vs Kuln club (1d20+2)[11] damage (1d6+1)[2]

several lizardfolk double move to close with Primus. I think he has reach? If so please roll any appropriate AoO's.

soldier -> total defense
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%203_zpsp7cdnjlr.png

=> Party

Cavir
2017-01-10, 10:15 AM
Keston knew the pain was coming and he felt it, but he had prevented the soldier from being killed. The cleric had gambled and lost so far trying to tear loyalties apart within the Redeye tribe. Now he was surrounded by lizardfolk looking to make a meal out of him. Maybe they can be convinced how much magic is against them. He had put Kotabas into the hands of his party, now he had to deal with the more immediate threat. He speaks to them in their language while pulling out a wand and using it on himself, creating a magic shimmer around himself which emphasized his point to the warriors.

"See? Hurting me hurts you too. I have healing magics though, do you? Even Kotabas is at the mercy of our magics. Drop your clubs and move back. You can be the next ones to rule the tribe!"

Pull wand of Shield and use it on myself. If that would cause an AoO then also use Armband of Elusive Action to prevent that.
Diplomacy [roll0]

AC 19
HP 15/26

Kotabas vs Command Will save DC15 (1d20-1)[5] -> -1? No wonder the diplomacy failed :smallcool:

Chambers
2017-01-10, 12:57 PM
Jhann

"I've got this bunch, go help out the group." Jhann says to Kuln as he steps forward, laying an encouraging hand on his shoulder as he passes by, then unleashes another gout of fire.

Swift: White Raven Tactics on Kuln. He can act twice this round.
Move: Id like to occupy the space Kuln is in if he also moves (L28). If he doesn't ill move to L29.
Standard: Breath Fire, Entangling Exhalation, 15ft Cone will hit all the enemies in front of him. Reflex DC 14 or take [roll0] fire damage and entangled for [roll1] rounds, taking 1d6 fire damage each round.

Granted Maneuvers: Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike
Expended Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics
Newly Granted Maneuver: [roll2] Death Mark, Fire Riposte

razorback
2017-01-10, 08:04 PM
"Ah, got just the thing." he says as the last thing Jhann sees is a grin and a wink before Kuln disappears, reappearing

Kuln
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Jhann's standard action
Shadow Jaunt to E-28

Full Attack

1st Attack
[roll0] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking

Damage
[roll1] (1 point is fire damage) + [roll2]sneak attack +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking
[roll4] (1 point is fire damage) +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Second attack
[roll5] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking

Damage
[roll6] (1 point is cold damage) + [roll7]sneak attack +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll8] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking
[roll9] (1 point is cold damage) +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
Child of Shadows Stance = If you move at least 10 feet during your turn, you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn.
+4 dodge vs giants
Knowledge Devotion check = +1 insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

BelGareth
2017-01-11, 02:24 PM
Susebron smiles as Kotobas is knocked down and he manages to send chunks of his armor flying, he continues to press his advantage, swinging at the downed lizard man.

Anyone adjacent to Dark companion suffers -2 to saves and AC

Full attack

[roll0]

[roll2]

Effects: Destruction devotion 9/10
No swift action this turn

DrK
2017-01-13, 04:35 PM
Kurnos looks around in surprise as the passages fill with angry scaled beasts! More and more pouring into the narrow caves as Primus rounds on them, a howl approaching glee as the hulking beast turns upon them, twin tails and massive fangs bared and hungry looking as it glows with incarnum, the astral glowing vambraces shimmering to shield it from harm. Even as Primus lunges to bite one as it runs in the savage druid grins wickedly to himself plotting a plan to unleash his most savage of pets upon the lizards. Stepping back for a second hoping that Kuln, their new companion and Secundus can handle the downed for a few seconds he reaches into the earth pulling forth savage primal energy, dropping his club as his hands turn into white furred claws and a second pair clawed arms also rip free from his back. The same thing happening to Primus as the massive dire dog grows massive claws and a 5th and 6th long pair of clawed arms before plunging into the mass of lizards rending flesh and tearing scales.

Kurnos
5ft to K30
Cast Girallion's Blessing"

Secundus - Savage the prone Kotabas in an unsporting manner
Worm tail [roll0] dam [roll1] DC 15 FORT or [roll2] Str
Dragon tail: [roll3] dam [roll4]
Bite [roll5] dam [roll6] TRIP[roll7] VS [roll8] + Lizard power
* I've included +2 from flanking and +4 from Kotabas being prone!

Primus - eat the corwd attacking him. As attacks hit feel free to spread the love amongst any of the lizards
AoO Bite [roll9] [roll10] TRIP [roll11] vs lizard [roll12]
Bite [roll13] [roll14] TRIP [roll15] vs lizard [roll16]
Worm tail [roll17] dam [roll18] poison FORT DC 17 or [roll19] Str
Dragon tail [roll20] dam [roll21]
Girallions claws [roll22] dam [roll23]
Girallions claws [roll24] dam [roll25]
Girallions claws [roll26] dam [roll27] --- If two hits on same target rend [roll28]
Girallions claws [roll29] dam [roll30]

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46
Effect: energy shield aur, Bulls strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66
Effect: energy shield aura, Bulls Strength (5 mins), Girallion blessing 50 mins

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Ghostfoot
2017-01-14, 04:55 AM
Keston pulls out his wand from his pack and speaks the command word, a shimmering field of energy shielding him from the clubs raining down on him. With magical blink Kuln appears nearby the wee gnome stabbing out at a towering lizard tribesman for 13 damage sending it slumping to the floor.

Jhaan confronts the mob of Redeye warriors bearing down on him, breathing a gout of fire that envelops the leading lizardfolk for 1 fire damage, curling about them entangling them as they move.

Susebron continues to swing at Kotabas as the huge armoured champion lies struggling on the ground. His swordblows are impossible to defend against, inflicting 18 damage. Even as Kurnos and Primus transform into multi-clawed creatures Secondus launches itself at Kotabas, grabbing him by the throat for 24 damage total and ripping his life away.

Primus faces the oncoming ambush, grabbing tossing and rending the brave but hapless warriors as they come into range leaving six of them bleeding and broken on the floor about him....

...but still the battle lust is upon them. The red warpaint-daubed scaled warriors hurl themselves forward recklessly. Most swing wildly, Keston and Jhaan easily able to evade the blows. Primus takes a lucky hit for 6 damage.

@Cavir: No AoO for retrieving wand from Haversack and activating it.
Diplomacy is a full-round action so you can't do this as well (except with an Action Point).

@Razorback: I think Kuln only gets one attack since Shadow Jaunt is a standard action. Doesn't matter he takes down his opponent anyway.

lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+2)[18] damage (1d6+1)[5]
lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+2)[3] (incl. flank & dark companion) damage (1d6+1)[4]
lizardfolk vs Keston club (1d20+4)[11] (incl. flank) damage (1d6+1)[7]

lizardfolk vs Primus club (1d20+2)[21] Hit damage (1d6+1)[6]
lizardfolk vs Primus club (1d20+2)[3] damage (1d6+1)[5]

lizardfolk vs Jhaan club (1d20)[7] (incl. entangled) damage (1d6+1)[2]
lizardfolk vs Jhaan club (1d20)[12] (incl. entangled) damage (1d6+1)[5]

@DrK roll another AoO for Primus as the remaining 2 lizardfolk close.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%204_zpsjhmsqpss.png

=> Party

razorback
2017-01-14, 03:14 PM
"This is only going to end one of two ways, you guys giving up or you guys dead." Kuln pipes up as he ducks and rolls as he tries to come up on his feet and stab at one of the lizard men.

GF, Kuln got an extra standard action last round due to Jhann, which he used for Shadow Jaunt.

Kuln
AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants; concealment due to Child of Shadows
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Tumble check to move to G-26, DC-15 I think
[roll0]

Attack G-27
[roll1] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking

Damage
[roll2] (1 point is fire damage) + [roll3]sneak attack +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll4] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking
[roll5] (1 point is fire damage) +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
Child of Shadows Stance = If you move at least 10 feet during your turn, you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn.
+4 dodge vs giants

BelGareth
2017-01-14, 06:11 PM
Susebron smiles as Kotobas is dealth with in quick succession. He turns his attention, to the next lizardman, and targets his weapon, his shadow panther moving around to assist him. He aims at the club, and slashes at it with quick, masterful strikes. Hoping to followup with a lethal stroke to the body.

Dark companion moves 5ft steps to G30 granting -2 to saves and AC.
Susebron 5ft steps to H29

Full attack Sunder attempts (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#sunder)

[roll0] vs opposing attack roll
[roll1] to weapon ignoring hardness less than 20.
If weapon is sundered, immediate attack per Combat Brutes: Sundering Cleave ability
[roll2]

[roll4] vs opposing attack roll
[roll5] to weapon ignoring hardness less than 20.
If weapon is sundered, immediate attack per Combat Brutes: Sundering Cleave ability
[roll6]
[roll7] + -1 to armor or natural armor

No bonuses added, (little fuzzy as what should be added, knowledge devotion?).

Effects: Destruction devotion 8/10

Cavir
2017-01-14, 10:23 PM
"No? Then suffer in the afterlife knowing you could have replaced Redeye." Keston points at the remaining lizardfolk not directly engaged yet. Lightning arcs from his glove and zaps the creature. He looks to the soldier. "Just a little longer here."

Lightning Gauntlets on H27, 1 charge for 2d6 damage Reflex DC14 for half. [roll0]

How is the soldier looking? Still very wounded?

DrK
2017-01-15, 02:26 AM
Kurnos looks on in approval as his hounds wreak devastation on the scaled lizards. "Try and take one alive!" he calls out to his friends as he steps up a little to keep an eye on things but most looks well in control!

Secundus follows his instincts lunging forward, teeth and tails lashing at a lizardman and Primus continues to savage the last few leaving chunks of meat and vuscera splattered on the mud and roots as a pile of corpses builds up.

Secundus 5ft forward I28 attack lizard H27
Bite [roll0] dam [roll1] trip [roll2] vs [roll3]+?
Worm tail [roll4] dam [roll5] DC15 Fort or [roll6] str
Dragon tail [roll7] dam [roll8]
[roll9] dam [roll10] trip [roll11] vs [roll12]+?
* if tripped add +4 to tail attacks

Primus - eat the corwd attacking him. As attacks hit feel free to spread the love amongst any of the lizards

Bite [roll13] dam [roll14] trip [roll15] vs [roll16]+?
Dragon tail [roll17] dam [roll18]
Worm tail [roll19] dam [roll20] Fort DC17 or [roll21] Str
Claw [roll22] dam [roll23]
Claw [roll24] dam [roll25]
Claw [roll26] dam [roll27]
Claw [roll28] dam [roll29]
- if 2 claws rend [roll30]

AoO: Worm tail [roll31] dam [roll32] Fort DC17 or [roll33] Str

Kurnos:
5ft up and just chill out watching what's happening. I'll move in and help next turn if anyone shouts.

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Chambers
2017-01-15, 11:26 AM
Jhann

Easily dodged the hampered attacks of the lizardfolk, Jhann smiles at them. Flames sprout from the handle of his greatsword and race up and down the blade as he brings it to bear against the poor lizardman in front of him.

Swift: Burning Blade (attacks deal 1d6+5 fire damage)
Standard: Revitalizing Strike (ally within 10ft heals 3d6+5 on hit)

Revitalizing Strike/Burning Blade on enemy in M27.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] slashing and [roll2] fire damage. Primus heals [roll3] damage.

Readied Maneuvers: Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike, Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics, Death Mark
Granted Maneuvers: Fire Riposte
Expended Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike
Newly Granted Maneuver (End of Turn): Death Mark

Immediate Action: If Jhann is hit in melee he will use Fire Riposte on his attacker. Melee touch +9, deals 4d6 fire damage.

Party Buffs: Endure Exposure, Energy Shield (2 fire damage)

Ghostfoot
2017-01-20, 05:52 AM
Kuln ducks and rolls, stabbing at one of the lizardmen for 10 damage. Susebron strikes swiftly at another, his quick strikes hacking the warclub from the lizards grip and leaving it broken on the ground. Crackling lightning arcs out from Keston, zapping his assailant for 1 electricity damage.

Secondus moves in, jaws closing on a lizard for 7 damage bearing it to the ground where it dodges and struggles. Likewise Primus lashes out at an assailant with his tail for 16 damage knocking it senseless before crunching jaws down on its last assailant for 14 damage ending it.

Jhann swings but is blocked by a skillfully wielded shield. The lizardfolk smash and swing with their warclubs, one hitting Kuln for 3 damage only to catch fire from the eldritch flames shielding his body and falling to the ground writhing then still after 2 fire damage. Another, disarmed by Susebron, nevertheless lashes out with his sharp talons narrowly missing the man!

lizardman vs sunder DC24 (1d20+2)[8]
Lizardman vs lightning Ref DC14 (1d20+3)[17]

How is the soldier looking? Still very wounded? He's now the picture of health :smallsmile:

@DrK I'm not sure you can use Worm Tail in conjunction with other attacks. It seems to have some weird restriction that it is the only attack permitted in a round?

Lizardfolk fire damage (1d6)[1]

Lizard vs Kuln club (1d20+2)[20] Hit damage (1d6+1)[3]
Lizard vs Primus club (1d20-2)[15] (Incl. prone) damage (1d6+1)[4]
Lizard vs Susebron claw (1d20+2)[16] damage (1d4+1)[2]
Lizard vs Jhaan (1d20+2)[14] damage (1d6+1)[7]
Lizard vs Jhaan (1d20+2)[19] damage (1d6+1)[3]

a light round - only 3 down and one was self-inflicted
sorry no map I am on dodgy hotel wifi

=> Party

razorback
2017-01-20, 10:07 AM
Kuln grunts as the club smashes into him, but he is able to lean out of the way somewhat so he doesn't absorb the full brunt of the attack. Snarling, he launches into another attack.

Kuln
AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants;
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 50
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

If G-17 is still standing, attack him. If not, 5 foot step to H-26 and attack H-27, I think he's still standing.

1st attack
[roll0] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking

Damage
[roll1](1 point is fire damage) + [roll2]sneak attack +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3]includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking
[roll4] (1 point is fire damage) +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

2nd attack
[roll5] includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking

Damage
[roll6](1 point is cold damage) + [roll7]sneak attack +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll8]includes+1 Knowledge Devotion +2 for flanking
[roll9] (1 point is cold damage) +1 Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants

BelGareth
2017-01-22, 05:12 PM
Susebron focuses his wrath upon the lizardman who he just disarmed, his shadow flanking the thing, its hackles raised.

Dark companion moves 5ft steps to F29 granting -2 to saves and AC. (does not flank)

Full attack (if he drops the LM, then he will 5ft I28 and swing on the LM@H27 (If still up and present)
[roll0]

[roll2]

No bonuses added, (little fuzzy as what should be added, knowledge devotion?).

Effects: Destruction devotion 7/10

Chambers
2017-01-23, 08:18 PM
Jhann

"Grrah!" Jhann snarls as the lizardmen blocks his attack. "Dodge this!" He shouts as flames once again engulf his greatsword as he brings it down.

Death Mark on the lizardman in M28.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]. Fire erupts in a 10ft radius spread centered on the lizardman. All creatures in the area except me take [roll2] fire damage, Ref DC 12 for half damage.

End of Round: His maneuvers refresh and he's granted 2 maneuvers.

Readied Maneuvers: Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike, Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics, Death Mark
Granted Maneuvers: [roll3] (Burning Blade), [roll4] (Fire Riposte)
Expended Maneuvers: None.

Cavir
2017-01-24, 09:21 AM
With the immediate threats around Keston and the soldier gone, Keston helps the soldier up and back towards the rear of the chamber. He pulls out a potion and hands it to the soldier. He speaks quickly, wanting to get back to the fight. "Drink this, it will help some more. I am Keston, what is your name?"

CLW potion [roll0]

DrK
2017-01-24, 06:19 PM
Kurnos

Leaving the massive bloodsplattered Primus beginning to eat the pile of lizards Secundus and Kurnos trot to near Jhaan, where the druid shouts at the lizards. "Surrender - drop your weapons you fools. We don't want to kill you." He turns to look at the others. "Someone shout out in draconic. There's no need to slaughter these ones as well."

Cavir
2017-01-24, 06:51 PM
Keston nods to Kurnos' plea.

"Kotabas is dead! The fight is over. Stop and live to hunt again!"

Ghostfoot
2017-01-25, 04:41 AM
Kuln stabs out, quick blows for 16 damage cutting down the lizard warrior attacking him. Susebron slashes out at the last lizardman in the room, a solid blow 12 damage sending it crumpling to the ground, dead. Jhann swings away at the multitude of lizardfolk warriors trying to get to him, his mighty two-hander barely fended off by them as he bashes against shields.

Keston tends to the injured fort soldier. At Kurnos' urging he shouts at the surviving attackers to surrender. As he does, a horrific thing happens. The body of one of the mortally wounded lizard warriors shudders on the ground where it lies. Vile green maggot-like worms burst from its scaly skin, eyes and ear-holes, writhing grotesquely about the corpse before dying. The tribal fighters point and yabber excitedly. Many, fearful, turn tail and flee down the passage away from Jhann while a small group of five shout in anger and press the assault against him.

2 lizardfolk vs Jhann

club (1d20+2)[19] damage (1d6+1)[4]
club (1d20+2)[11] damage (1d6+1)[6]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%205_zpsgnvr3utt.png

=> Party

Cavir
2017-01-26, 09:08 PM
Keston is shocked from the warrior not dying normally. "Keep an eye on the fallen warriors. This one is oozing the green worms! Kurnos, I don't know if you want the dogs eating them and getting those worms."

Keston ensures the worm filled warrior isn't getting back up with a full head smash from his morningstar, then keeps an eye on the other fallen warriors.

Coup de grace [roll0]

razorback
2017-01-27, 01:22 PM
Kuln sheathes his swords then moves forward and draws his crossbow, taking a bead on one of the lizardmen.

If he can't sheath two swords as a move action, he drops the one with the cold crystal.

As moving to J-29, take out crossbow.

Chambers
2017-01-27, 04:59 PM
Jhann

"Double damn!" Jhann shouts as his sword hits shield. Again. "You burn well enough though!" He says and flames once again race the length of his greatsword as his swings it wildly.

Swift: Burning Blade Boost.
Full Attack: Attack twice, taking a 5ft step to close in after the 1st attack if it drops the lizardman.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and [roll2] fire damage.

Attack 2 [roll3]
Damage [roll4] and [roll5] fire damage.

Readied Maneuvers: Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike (1), Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics (2), Death Mark (3)
Granted Maneuvers: Fire Riposte
Expended Maneuvers: Burning Blade.
Newly Granted Maneuver: [roll6]

DrK
2017-01-28, 04:28 AM
Kurnos curses before whistling the dogs. "If they are infested with these then they may be too far gone go help. We may have to kill them all". He sounds sad as he says it but is clearly disturbed by the vile worm ridden corpse.

Kurnos steps up behind Jhann, clawing at the only one he can reach.

Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam [roll0]
Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam [roll1]
Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam [roll2]
Claw [roll]1d20+9[/roll dam [roll3]
Dragon tail Claw [roll]1d20+5[/roll dam [roll4]

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

BelGareth
2017-02-03, 05:55 PM
Susebron was getting confused, they were dropping the lizardmen with ease, but then one just exploded into green worms!

He shook himself and tried his best to orient himself so he could help his new companions, but the damn tunnel was hampering his movement.

not sure where the bad guys are on the map tbh.

He'll ready an action to attack any lizardman that gets near
and manuever his Dark companion to help anyone out.

[roll0]

Effects: Destruction devotion 6/10

Ghostfoot
2017-02-04, 08:17 PM
Keston bashes the warrior that has just erupted in worms, but it is quite dead. Kurnos pushes in next to Jhann, a razor sharp claw flicking out for 10 damage and tearing the throat from one of the few remaining warriors. It's all too much for the last of them. Seeing the carnage, the eruption of vile worms and the many unfazed opponents still bearing down on them the final four lizardfolk warriors turn and flee down the passage after their companions.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%206_zpszpmgsxvq.png

Lizardfolk have all fled down the tunnel to the west.

=> Party

Cavir
2017-02-09, 08:40 AM
Keston turns to the soldier. "Quick, grab some armor and a weapon, there's more to rescue. What can you tell us about the area and what we're up against?" While listening to the answers Keston searches Kotabas's body. To the rest of the group: "Anyone injured? Better to be healed now with more fights to come. Kurnos, if you still have that vigor wand I could use a charge now to save my magic for later. Time is of the essence but we don't want to run blindly into a trap."

razorback
2017-02-09, 12:39 PM
Kuln, scanning around and seeing all of the troops fleeing, says "I'm good. We need to keep the pressure on them before they can regroup and mount a resistance." as he moves to pick up his dropped sword, sheathing it.

Spending another round meditating to get his maneuver back.

Ghostfoot
2017-02-10, 04:43 AM
"Unnh" the soldier croaks out his words as the healing helps with the worst of his injuries "they took us deeper in, a few chambers beyond. Redeye is....mad. There's no mercy in that fiend. Marzena and the others are with the shaman Hishka and it's serpent servant. They're being prepared for a feast. We must rescue them! They're kept separate from Redeye - I don't think he trusts the shaman."

He describes the way forward, through a couple of sleeping chambers to the tunnel branch that leads to either Redeye or Hishka.

DrK
2017-02-10, 07:06 AM
Kurnos listens looking unhappily at the pile of green worms. "Those creatures are not natural and there is an evil blight in these caverns. It seems like this Red-Eye is the greater threat if he is mad. Shall we seek this Red-Eye and strike him down, then once he is dealt with we can seek to negotiate with the shaman. With our current magic's in place I doubt that they could stand for long against us." Hw wiggles his 4 long clawed arms as an example.

razorback
2017-02-10, 09:46 AM
"I wonder if these worms got into his brain... making him crazy???" Kuln says quietly , mostly to himself, with a shudder.
Shaking his head, he nods to Kurnos, then looks to the solder. "What's your name? Can you lead us down the correct tunnel to Red-Eye? Yes? Good. I think we need to get moving before they can muster." he says eagerly, waiting on the others.

Cavir
2017-02-13, 07:13 AM
As the soldier describes what he knows, Keston checks the area, particularly the fallen, for any magic. "If the prisoners are being prepared to be the main course getting to them first sounds prudent. Thoughts?" He turns back to the soldier. Have you seen Redeye? We heard he died long ago but has returned. Is he undead? Would either of them have many others with them?"

Cast detect magic (from cleric side of gestalt).
Hoping to get the soldier's name too.

Chambers
2017-02-14, 05:27 PM
Jhann

"There's no use in hiding now." Jhann says to Kuln. "Let me and Kurnos take the front with his pack. We'll trap the lizards between a hard place and our blades." He says.

razorback
2017-02-15, 11:32 AM
"Lead on, then, man, lead on." Kuln says with a dark grin as he readies to follow the others.

Ghostfoot
2017-02-15, 03:58 PM
As the party speaks with the rescued soldier Keston checks the fallen form of Kotabas. His cantrip detects the aura of magic about the body and he quickly searches.

Spider carapace armour (magic hide armour)
Magic amulet
Magic potion x2
pouch of 320cp, 75sp, 81gp

Mindful of the need for haste you urge the man to lead you onward after the fleeing lizardfolk. Travelling through dank tunnels and several communal living areas you come to a junction where he halts. "That way is where they held us" he gestures down a short passageway to a chamber where you can see several lizardfolk moving carefully backward, wary of you and evidently not hostile right now. "And through there, that's where the leader Redeye is" he indicates another tunnel, the chamber beyond obscured with roots and trunks but torchlight flickering from within.

DrK
2017-02-16, 02:51 AM
Kurnos looks to Jhaan, a hand resting on Secundus's blood splattered back and atvthe retreating lizards. "Hmm, these ones aren't attacking us. That bodes well. I think Keston may be right, if we can speak with the shaman and save the prisoners then crush red-eye. We'll have to just be fast!

With all 4 arms waving and two tails raised in dangerous "strike" positions he advances a loud - "take us to shaman. We will speak not kill" in an attempt to convince them to not start a fight and get themselves killed.

Cavir
2017-02-16, 07:25 AM
Keston uses the last charge of a wand to heal himself. Searching the dead, he grabs the amulet, 2 potions, and hefty pouch of almost 10 pounds in coins. Fortunately his magic backpack hides the weight of the coins. Knowing time is key but that knowledge could also help the fight, he pulls out a scroll and uses it to identify the amulet. "Kotobas has magical armor on if anyone wants to grab it."

With the rest of the party already moving down the tunnel, Keston quicksteps to catch up. He smiles with Kurnos' being on the same page and awaits their answer.

Last charge of Lesser Vigor wand to heal myself fully.
Identify scroll (have 3) to ID the amulet. Potions will have to wait.

BelGareth
2017-02-16, 02:00 PM
Susebron, silent up until now nods at Kurnos' words.

He had been untouched in the previous battle, but he felt the adrenaline pumping through him, words and whispers in his head spoke of caution. Charging into this lair might not have been the best option, but they were there.

"I agree, let us free those prisoners first, gods know what they might do them if we are caught in a battle with RedEye himself."

His companion, the shadow cat, pads silently along, staying next to Kurnos, ready for any attack.

razorback
2017-02-21, 10:00 AM
Kuln nods at the others. "We can pick up weapons as we go, to arm them, so they can help and defend themselves. Let's do this." Once the front line starts moving, the nimble gnome quickly follows, darting to and fro as he goes.

Ghostfoot
2017-02-22, 05:43 AM
Keston inspects the crude amulet as he hurries to keep up with the others.

It's an amulet of natural armour +1 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofNaturalArmor)

Catching up, he finds the fearsome Kurnos wildly gesturing at a room full of lizardfolk in an attempt to communicate, hounds and companions bristling with weaponry flanking him. As Keston hurriedly speaks words of reassurance in their draconic tongue to calm the agitated lizard tribe a stooped figure shuffles forward. The ungainly lizardman is bedecked in necklaces and bracelets of animal teeth and has many trinkets and baubles hanging from it's harness. A large serpent, as big as a man, slithers through the roots next to it and rises up under it's caressing talons. It holds out a hand to calm its fellows before speaking in halting Common trade tongue.

"I am Hishka, shaman of the Redeye tribe. You are here for your kin, for revenge, and perhaps for Redeye himself. Redeye has overreached himself and brought ruin upon the tribe. He must be killed. Only then is there any chance of peace between softskins and scaled ones. You have killed Kotabas, that is good. Kill Redeye and return our brood eggs that he and his dragon protect, then we will free your people. Fear not, the dragon is not here, it has been gone for months. Here - a gesture of goodwill..." It waves it's hands and the crowd of lizard warriors parts revealing three battered and bloodied humans - two soldiers and a slim robed woman, presumably the missing battlemage Marzena. "...I release the fighters to you now. The female, after."

The two soldiers are pushed across the room to your care, eyes wide with hope.

razorback
2017-02-22, 12:31 PM
"Come on, boys, don't stand there looking like this is your first fight, peein' your pants. We still have work to do." he says as he waves the two soldiers over, keeping a wary eye on the lizardmen.

Cavir
2017-02-22, 03:10 PM
"Greetings Hishka. Yes, peace between softskins and scaled ones is good." As the two soldiers approach Keston nods at them, touches both on the shoulders, and their worst wounds heal. "We're not here to slaughter all. We are here for our kin, Redeye, and one issue to discuss when we come back. You will control the tribe if Redeye is no more?"

Keston looks at the woman. "Marzena? Delfen sent us. We'll be back soon. Mystra watch over you." He gestures to her with an open hand, the same hand he healed the soldiers with, while looking at Hishka with a questioning look.

Touch of Healing on the soldiers and Marzena if allowed, putting each up to 1/2 hp, at 9hp per touch.

Chambers
2017-02-22, 07:24 PM
Jhann

"I figured if we kept killing ya we'd find someone eventually that wanted to talk sense." He said to the snake-man while he welcomed the two soldiers. He digs into his pack and takes out two sunrods and hands them to the men. "Only strike them on if you need to, but they can be used in a pinch as a stout club. Sorry I don't have any more serviceable weapons to give you at the moment."

DrK
2017-02-24, 05:33 PM
Kurnos looks at the shaman, before nodding to himself judging the lizard to be likley somewhat trustworthy. He offers up his shortspear to one of the now healed guards. "YOu three stay back here. Keep an eye on Marzena, we are here for her as well as the three off of you." Glancing around at the rest of the party he grins and nods towards where this "mad lizard king". "Best be quick before our enchantments wear off. Lets see if we can bring about a change here. Peace between them the lizards and us would be the best thing here. And I don't fancy hanging around if a dragon be coming back here!"

Ghostfoot
2017-02-27, 05:24 AM
"With Redeye and Kotabas slain there will be none but me to guide the tribe. Then you can take a message of peace to your kings and queens" hisses Hishka.

Marzena nods in gratitude, broken bones in her jaw knitting together and grazes healing at the touch of Keston. The soldiers look nervously as Jhann offers them sunrods and the gnome beckons them to join the fight, but when Kurnos offers a less suicidal option to simply guard Marzena they sigh, visibly relieved.

Anxious to end the confrontation with Redeye before the rest of the tribe you hasten to his nearby lair. As you approach the entrance a harsh voice hisses loudly from within "Come softskins, you would challenge me in my own lair?! I will rend you limb from limb and feast on you even as you draw your last breath! Come! Face me now weaklings!"

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%207_zpsazxuobji.png

Redeye is in the room NW from you, ie around Y15
Please remember to post any effects etc as you go, it's been a while and helps me to track things.

BelGareth
2017-02-27, 05:54 PM
At Redeyes challenge, Susebron narrows his eyes and swings his sword in a readying flourish like move, he looks to Jhann and nods, indicating he is ready for action, and he would follow, or cover him as needed.

The shadowy panther that followed him raised its hackles, you could almost hear a low growl, but you are unsure if that is a trick of your mind, or merely another noise within the dank lair of the lizardfolk.

Chambers
2017-02-27, 09:20 PM
Jhann

"For Tyr!" Jhann shouts as he clangs his bracers together. "For honor!" He shouts as he advances, greatsword held at length towards the small horde of lizardfolk. He slashes down at the ground, scorching a burning red line into the earth. "No lizardman passes this line alive." He says and sets his guard.

Move to AF20. Total Defense as a standard action (AC is 25 for the round).

Maneuvers Readied: Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Death Mark, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade.
Maneuvers Granted: [roll0] (Revitalizing Strike), [roll1] (Fire Riposte)
Maneuvers Expended: None
Newly Granted Maneuver (end of turn): [roll2] (White Raven Tactics)

Immediate Action: If Jhann is hit in melee, he will use Fire Riposte to attack back. Melee touch attack (+9), deals 4d6 fire damage.

Stance Active: Bolstering Voice (+2 Will Saves, +4 vs Fear)
Aura Active: Resistance (Allies have Resist Fire 5)

Cavir
2017-02-27, 10:03 PM
Keston calls out. "It is merely the room where you end, here and now!"

He turns to the party. "Mystra guide your strikes true."

Cast Bless (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls)
If there's time I'd do things like cast Divine Protection, Shield on whoever could use it, activate Zosiel's Diadem, and use the Pearl of Power to regain Command.

DrK
2017-02-28, 05:42 PM
With massive long claws and tails glowing with incarnum Kurnos vaults atop the massive Primus and grins at the others nodding to the lower of the two entryways into the room. "I go low and you go high eh?". Spurring the dog forward he pushes forward, masked face staring at the dimness as he grins behind the mask. "Scaled one, you shall be rent limb from limb and my dogs shall feast on your bones and your scales shall give me an armoured vest!"

Kurnos:
Mount upon on Primus
Move to AB15 with secundus in tow

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

razorback
2017-02-28, 06:05 PM
With a crooked grin on his face and a disapproving nod of his head, Kuln comes rushing forward, nearly getting trampled by the towering Jhann.
"You snakemen talk to much. Would have been better if you had given up rather than end up dead." he says as he disappears.

Kuln
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

I'm still using the last Knowledge Devotion check, which was +1.
If not

Knowledge devotion
You then receive an insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls against that creature type for the remainder of the combat.

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

Move Action
Move to AF-21

Standard Action
Shadow Jaunt to AG-31

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants
Sapphire Nightmare Blade 0
Cloak of Deception 0
Shadow Jaunt X
Wolf Fang Strike 0

BelGareth
2017-02-28, 06:23 PM
Susebron shakes his head, but moves forward, blade ready in his hand. His shadow panther matches his pace, ready to move and distract what foes lay beyond. He moved past and then next to Jhann, he intones a word and his eyes come alive with ethereal blue energy.

Move to AA18
DC will move to Z18
Casts Deathwatch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathwatch.htm)

Nothing else special :(

AC: 20
HP's:37/37
Effects: Deathwatch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathwatch.htm)

Ghostfoot
2017-03-06, 04:07 AM
At Redeye's challenge you burst into the room, ready to take him down. The chamber is clearly a throne room or audience chamber of sorts. A raised throne against the north wall is built from wood and animal bones; the ground in front of it stained with old blood. A small pool of water to the west splashes with fish evidently a larder of sorts.

Two lizardfolk are in the room. Redeye is a massive lizardman covered in putrescent green scales quite unlike his kin that you have fought so far. Even as your eyes take him in he still grows larger and larger, grinning wickedly as he throws the empty vial from his enlarge potion to one side. Ruby-coloured goggles a strapped to his head and in one huge clawed hand he clutches a wicked barbed trident that crackles with electrical energy. His other arm holds a strong-looking steel shield painted black with an explosive lightning strike adorning it. A similar symbol hangs around his neck and some of you recognise this symbol as that of Talos the Destroyer, god of storms and other destructive natural events. Next to Redeye stands a guard or perhaps a mate itself large perhaps 7ft and carrying a tooth-studded club adorned with fetishes and small trophies.

"Talos raised me. Stormlord guide me!" The huge chieftain hurls his trident. It flies through the air glancing a greivous blow to Jhann for 14 damage electricity coursing through it for another 6 electricity damage before it magically returns to his outstretched hand. "Tremble at the might of the Redeye tribe! With Talos' blessings I will conquer and even the dragon Ilthane shows respect! But now it is your time to die. You will be destroyed!" The other lizard stands ready next to Redeye, club in hand ready for combat.

Knowledge Religion:
Keston (1d20+9)[16]
Kurnos (1d20)[6]
Kuln (1d20+14)[22]
Jhann (1d20+4)[9]
Susebron (1d20+7)[17]

initiative
Redeye (1d20+6)[23]
guardmate (1d20+1)[18]
Keston (1d20-1)[1]
Kurnos (1d20+2)[11]
Kuln (1d20+5)[9]
Jhann (1d20+1)[5]
Susebron (1d20+1)[12]

Redeye vs Jhann trident (1d20+12)[23] damage (1d8+8)[14] + (1d6)[6]
Technically the trident should revert to normal size when thrown but I'm going to handwave that it stays the same size but just does normal size damage because that seems visually more palatable to me.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%208_zpsyrqrp6xj.png

=> Party

DrK
2017-03-06, 08:09 AM
Kurnos growls, a sound matched by the pair of monstrous dogs beside him as he rides forward, claws and tails waving dangerously the massive wolf filling one of the chamber entrances. Seeing his friend Jhaan struck he howls and surges forward with both beasts in tow, letting Primus chomp at the lizard chief to throw him to the ground as Kurnos leans from the saddle to claw at the normal lizardman even as Secundus seeks to tera him apart and allow a hole for a more sneaky member of the party to get behind the lizard chief.

Kurnos/Primus to Z-13/Z-14/AA-13/AA-14

Kurnos Wormtail the little lizard
Atk [roll0] dam [roll1] DC 15 Fort or [roll2] Str

Secundus the little lizard
Bite [roll3] dam [roll4] Trip [roll5] VS [roll6]+?

Primus on REDEYE
[roll7] dam [roll8] TRIP [roll9] vs [roll10]+??

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46
Effect: energy shield aur, Bulls strength (2 mins), Girallion blessing 47 mins

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66
Effect: energy shield aura, Bulls Strength (2 mins), Girallion blessing 47 mins

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Cavir
2017-03-06, 09:23 AM
"A storm doesn't hide in a cave. Your tribe is already defeated and has turned against you. If you weren't a coward hiding here you would have seen defeat at the tower."

Keston speaks words of magic and white light flashes around Redeye.

Party: Bless spell already in effect.

Using Mantle of Spells to get spontaneous Dispel Magic, losing Magic Circle vs Evil. Cast Dispel Magic at Redeye, targeted version. I know he has one spell in effect at least. I'll do some extra rolls in case there are more. DC is 11 + the spell’s caster level.
Enlarge Person: [roll0] + AP [roll1] EDIT: Was the AP needed?
Spell 2: [roll2]
Spell 3: [roll3]
Spell 4: [roll4]
Spell 5: [roll5]

razorback
2017-03-06, 04:16 PM
"You seek respect while dead? Not a great idea." the gnome taunts as he suddenly disappears from the lizardfolks view.

Kuln
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

I'm still using the last Knowledge Devotion check, which was +1.
If not
Knowledge devotion

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

Standard Action
Shadow Jaunt to Y-12

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants
Sapphire Nightmare Blade 0
Cloak of Deception 0
Shadow Jaunt X
Wolf Fang Strike 0

Chambers
2017-03-06, 10:23 PM
Jhann

"Is that how Talos trained you?" Jhann sneers as he bats aside the thrown trident. "Feel the might of a true warrior!" Jhann says as he advances upon the giant lizardman and brings his greatsword down against him. "Kurnos, kill him quickly!" Jhann says, encouraging the beastmaster to bring their prey to ground.

Move: to Y15 (Y14 if the Enlarge Person was dispelled).
Standard: Single attack
Swift: White Raven Tactics on Kurnos. Kurnos may act again this round.

Attack (12)
Damage (10)

Maneuvers Readied: Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Death Mark, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade.
Maneuvers Granted: Revitalizing Strike, Fire Riposte
Maneuvers Expended: White Raven Tactics
Newly Granted Maneuver (end of turn): (2) Burning Blade

Immediate Action: If Jhann is hit in melee, he will use Fire Riposte to attack back. Melee touch attack (+9), deals 4d6 fire damage.

HP: 61/61
AC: 21

DrK
2017-03-07, 12:57 AM
Kurnos grins at Jhaans's encouragement, claws blurring as all 4 lash out at the massive lizard, dragon tail lashing down like a spiked whip. "You're time is done RedEye, your and this Ilthane!"

Atk [roll0] dam [roll1]
Atk [roll2] dam [roll3]
Atk [roll4] dam [roll5]
Atk [roll6] dam [roll7]

Tail Atk [roll8] dam [roll9]

BelGareth
2017-03-07, 11:49 AM
Bron steps forward, sending his shadowy companion darting forward like an arrow towards the large lizardman, as he did, he utters a dark epithet of doom and despair focused on RedEye, his words seem to drip with power, and hang in the air a moment longer than they should, as the light around bron dims slightly.

"I cirka aeui omd aeuir kuir, koae aeui rus kur asarmesae"

DC moves to Z13 (cannot provoke aoo's) both lizardmen suffer -2 to saves and AC.

Standard: Activate Doomspeak by using my bardic music ability, targeted on RedEye. He must succeed on a will save vs DC 17 or suffer -10 to attacks, saves, ability checks, and skill checks for 1 round. Supernatural necromantic effect.

Free: Hexblades curse on RedEye, will save DC 17 or suffer –2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour.

All effects are cumulative.

Ghostfoot
2017-03-12, 04:41 AM
As Primus and Kurnos bound forward to engage the pair Redeye roars and lashes out with a masterful trident strike, spinning about and hitting the druid for 18 damage + 5 electricity damage as lightning courses along the weapon. Kurnos' tail darts about striking the guard for 8 damage.

Keston casts his spell and the magic affecting Redeye dissipates. Before your eyes he shrinks down, still a hulking lizard warrior but no longer the ogre-sized monstrosity that he was. Kuln disappears from view and slips from the shadows behind the two lizard foes. Jhann moves into the melee, swinging his greatsword Redeye deftly blocking the blows but the fight spurring Kurnos to more action. Kurnos tears into his opponent with his multiple arms hitting for 8 & 8 damage and rending him for 18 damage while his dragon tail lashes about for an additional 11 damage.

Susebron speak words of magic and a dark aura of doom seems to manifest subtly about the lizard warlord.

"Destroyer, I will slay these foes in your honor!" Redeye whirls again striking out with his trident all about him at Kurnos, Jhann and Kuln but thankfully Susebon's crushing reprimand sapping any semblence of skill from the blows. Snarling the bodyguard follows Redeye's lead and clubs at Kurnos also trying to bite at him atop Primus but unable to damage him.

Redeye AoO vs Kurnos (1d20+16)[26] damage (2d6+8)[18] + (1d6)[5] electricity

Lizard guard Fort save vs DC15 (1d20+5)[17] Save

Enlarge Person: (1d20+5)[12] + AP (1d6)[5] EDIT: Was the AP needed? No, no AP needed for the dispel.

DC moves to Z13 (cannot provoke aoo's) both lizardmen suffer -2 to saves and AC. Kurnos & Primus are there so I put DC at X13.

Redeye vs Doomspeak will DC17 (1d20+3)[12] Fail
Redeye vs Hexblade curse will DC17 (1d20-7)[12] Fail

trident vs Kurnos (1d20+4)[18] damage (1d8+5)[7] + electricity (1d6)[6]
trident vs Jhann (1d20+4)[10] damage (1d8+5)[6] + electricity (1d6)[5]
trident vs Kuln (1d20+4)[9] damage (1d8+5)[9] + electricity (1d6)[1]

club vs Kurnos (1d20+9)[14] damage (1d6+3)[7]
bite vs Kurnos (1d20+6)[7] damage (1d4+1)[2]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Lizardfolk%20lair%209_zps0xnkweao.png

=> Party

Chambers
2017-03-12, 09:02 AM
Jhann

"Well done!" Jhann shouts over his shoulder to Keston. "Kurnos, take care." He says as flames erupt along his blade before bringing it crashing down on Redeye. "We'll swat this gnat like the fly he is."

Swift: Burning Blade boost
Standard: Revitalizing Strike vs Redeye

Attack [roll0] (includes flanking bonus)
Damage [roll1] and [roll2] fire damage and Kurnos heals [roll3] damage. Redeye will take 3 fire damage next round (Lesser Phoenix Ash Threat Crystal).

Maneuvers Granted: Fire Riposte
Maneuvers Expended: White Raven Tactics, Burning Blade, Revitalizing Strike
Newly Granted Maneuver (end of turn): Death Mark

HP: 61/61

razorback
2017-03-12, 11:28 AM
"Heh, guess you shouldn't boast until you've won, eh?" Kuln taunts Redeye before they've won.

AC ~20; Current ~ 20/22 if they are giants
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Full-Round Action = Attack Redeye
1st Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] (1 point is cold) + [roll2]sneak attack

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3]
[roll4](1 point is cold)

2nd Attack
[roll5]

Damage
[roll6] (1 point is fire) + [roll7]sneak attack

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll8]
[roll9](1 point is fire)

Effects ~
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
+4 dodge vs giants
Sapphire Nightmare Blade = 0
Cloak of Deception = 0
Shadow Jaunt = X
Wolf Fang Strike = 0

Cavir
2017-03-12, 07:19 PM
Keston nods at the acknowledgement. He steps forward and casts another spell, this time at the trident that Redeye is wielding.

Move to AA15
Cast Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) on Redeye's trident.
ASF (fail on a one [roll0]
Reflex DC 13 or drop the trident

an object wielded or employed by a creature receives a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.

AC: 15
HP: 26/26
Saves: 5/5/9
Effect: energy shield aura (from Jhaan)
Party Buff: Bless. +1 to hit
Contingency: If someone is about to be killed, cast Close Wounds on them as immediate.

BelGareth
2017-03-13, 02:00 PM
Bron curses under his breath as the warlord is besieged by everyone with no way for him to get in the action, he would need to gat some kind of ranged weapon...he felt better though, as he realized his curse upon the lizardman set in, debilitating him. He frowned and then shot his arm out, speaking a word of power at the thing, attempting to daze it so his allies could better dispatch him further.

A flash of light appears directly before Redeyes face.

Cast Flare (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/flare.htm), DC 14 Fort negates dazzled effect (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#dazzled). (should be -4 to saves from DC & Hex)
[roll0]

DrK
2017-03-14, 06:38 PM
Kurnos grunts as the trident tears into his flesh, the crackling lightning only making him angrier before the wounds knit together as Jhann's flaming blade heals most of the injuries. Looknig to his left he curses the small lizard man and sends Secundus and Primus at the small lizard bidyguard that keeps trying to stab him wjilst Kurnos lashes out at the now merely hulking Redeye with claws and tails once more.

Primus vs lizard in Z12
bite [roll0] dam [roll1] TRIP [roll2] VS [roll3] +??? (if tripped add +4 to following)
claw [roll4] dam [roll]1d6+6[roll]
claw [roll5] dam [roll]1d6+6[roll]
claw [roll6] dam [roll]1d6+6[roll]
claw [roll7] dam [roll]1d6+6[roll]
---- It two hit then rend [roll8]
Tail [roll9] dam [roll10]

If PRIMUS kills the little lizard move 5ft to the left to make space and Secudnus pulls back. If Little lizard in Z12 stuill arrive then unleash secundus then 5ft left if it dies to free up some space around RedEye
Secundus
Bite [roll11] dam [roll12] Trip [roll13] VS [roll14]
Tail [roll15] dam [roll16]

Kurnos claw and tail maul RedEYE inc. +2 from flanking

Atk [roll17] dam [roll18]
Atk [roll19] dam [roll20]
Atk [roll21] dam [roll22]
Atk [roll23] dam [roll24]
-- if two hit then rend [roll25]
Tail (Atk [roll26] dam [roll27]

Incarnum:

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 23/46 possibly +16??

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Ghostfoot
2017-03-18, 08:22 PM
Jhann brings his flaming blade crashing down on the beleaguered Redeye for 8 damage and 9 fire damage as the fierce lizard ties to fend off blows of Kuln who strikes for 11 and 12 damage. Even as he tries to fend Keston casts a spell and the awesome trident slips from his grip it's haft slick and impossible to grip. Susebron conjures a flash of light but Redeye bats it away.

Primus lunges to the left, powerful jaws darting out and clamping down on the lizard warlord's bodyguard. The warrior holds up his shield to ward the blow but is ineffective as the jaws clamp down bearing it to the ground and claws rending the fallen foe for total 48+ damage, ending it's life.

Kurnus sees his opening and launches himself at Redeye. In his strange warped form mutliple claws tear into the warchief, muscles straining as with a series of sickening crunches he wrenches limbs back at odd angles and tears the head right back for a total of 49 damage. Eyes glazed over in death the broken form of Redeye slumps to the ground a bloodied smoldering mass of twisted limbs and shattered bones.

=> Party Win!

I think Kuln should have an extra +1 to attack from Bless? His attacks therefore hit (just).
Redeye Ref vs DC13 (1d20-7)[1] Fail
Redeye Fort vs DC 14 (1d20+9)[29] Save

razorback
2017-03-18, 09:12 PM
Yup, was forgetting to add the +1 from Bless when Keston cast it.

"Warned ya." Kuln pipes up as he kicks the creature one time to make sure he's dead. Bending over, he inspects it to see if any of these worms come out of his body, keeping his swords ready to bat them away or cut, as necessary.

Cavir
2017-03-19, 02:18 PM
Keston is amazed at the sheer speed and lethality of the party's assault. He wasn't even sure if his last spell there was the reason the trident dropped, or if it was just Redeye falling and thus failing Talos.

"Great work. He never stood a chance. Someone use Detect Magic while my magic searches for secrets? Anything in here shouldn't be left behind to be used against the Keep again."

Dismiss the Grease spell then cast Detect Secret Doors and search the room. Assuming others are gathering the loot and detecting for magic, keep the spell running for when we enter the room with Hishka.

Chambers
2017-03-20, 06:36 PM
Jhann

"Praise be to Tyr." Jhann says as the menacing lizardman crumbles in a heap. "Well fought, spell and blade alike." He says and begins cleaning his blade. "Let's not spend more time here than needed." He says in a lower voice. "Who knows if the others may turn on us. Let's gather the men and mage and get out."

BelGareth
2017-03-20, 06:41 PM
Bron takes a step forward as the Lizardman drops to the floor, he narrowed his eyes.

That didn't take long at all. he thought to himself. I think I have fallen in with powerful people of fate he mused.

Nodding at Jhans words, he agreed. "Yes, let us move with haste. It would be bad if that dragon showed up anytime soon...", he moves towards the entrance, swinging his sword in a single flourish, readying himself, his shadowy pet padding over towards him, nuzzling up to him as if it were a giant hunting cat.

Ghostfoot
2017-03-22, 04:31 AM
Kuln checks the bodies cautiously, but neither shows any signs of the worm infestation that the lone warrior possessed. Keston searches the room for hidden passageways through the tangled root walls but finds none. Armour and weaponry lies where it has fallen, some such as the mighty trident crackling with energy are clearly magical.

trident with weapon crystal
crude amulet
fingerless studded leather gloves
red glass goggles
potion
Talos amulet
ivory ring carved interlocking scales
bracers
another potion
Talos shield
crude club

He grabs a couple of belt pouches which contain a few coins of various currencies.
51cp
73sp
71gp

Returning to the remainder of the tribe gathered nearby with the Cromm's Hold soldiers there is visible relaxation and relief at your victory. "Thank you, Scaleless Ones. You have freed us from the tyranny of Redeye" utters Hishka as he steps forward. "Your female is free to go too" At a gesture from the shaman the lizard warriors standing guard around Marzena and the three soldiers all step back and the group hustle over to join with you. "Please, our tribe has much to do to rediscover the old ways of our folk and to live in harmony with the land around. I would have you carry a message of peace to your chieftains in the lair you name 'Waterdeep'. But first will you accompany me to recover our hatchling eggs? The dragon guarded them for Redeye so as to hold complete sway over tribal members. Now that we are free we must ensure the safety of our next generation of warriors for our numbers are sorely diminished."

Hishka moves forward, leaving his tribal members the necessary task of gathering and butchering the dead for food stores. He indicates a passageway next to Redeye's chamber that dips down quickly becoming mostly submerged only a foot or so of air above the waterlogged passageway and sodden roots. "Come, it is this way when you are ready. Redeye did not permit any to pass through here. We are at home in the water but it may be uncomfortable for you for a time."

razorback
2017-03-22, 12:41 PM
Kuln, knowing his tongue is both ineloquent and sharp, keeps his voice to himself after they loot what they can and make their way back to the shaman.
He sidles up to Marzena, gives her a wink as he says "Don't worry, we'll all be out of here..." is all he gets out as Hishka makes his propositions.
As the others discuss, he nods at whoever takes the lead in the negotiations.

Chambers
2017-03-22, 06:29 PM
Jhann

"Hold a moment." Jhann says before stepping into the water. "Why don't you go get the eggs yourself? Does the dragon have guardians that you're expecting us to defeat?" He asks. "I understand your duty to your tribe, but our duty is to these we rescued. Tell us more of what lays beyond the water."

Ghostfoot
2017-03-22, 11:16 PM
At Jhann's questioning Hishka leans forward and hisses softly "The truth is I don't know lies down here anymore. The tunnel leads to the hatchery. Redeye didn't allow us near the hatchery as it secured his hold over the tribe. The only other way to the hatchery was guarded by the dragon Ilthane who would surely devour any who dared disturb it.

You humans have fondness for your infants, yes? Surely you will help ensure the safety of our young? You have defeated Redeye and earned the freedom of your warriors. You have proven very capable. But if you want lasting peace between Scaled and Scaleless you will come with me now."

DrK
2017-03-23, 01:24 AM
Kurnos and the dogs savage the lizard until it falls then step back, grinning at the others behind his mask. "My thanks Jhaan he calls out, " That skewer of his left a deep hole in me!". But with the crusader's sword magic most had faded. Nodding happily at the pile of magical loot he joins the others in rescuing Marzena.

Curious he trues a few words of druidic with Hiska "Your instance chief lies dead. You are free of him. Let peace return go your tribe". Then in common he nods to Marzena, a gentle touch of the vigour wand to remove some bruises. "Allustan sent us to find you. We have questions".

Hearing the others talk about eggs he nods. Kuln, Jhaan, we should help. We have slaughtered many of these people and Hiska will seek peace or avoidance to not trouble us or the watchtowers again. We should help them in this." he nods at secundus sending the dog to 'guard' Marzena and the remaining soldiers and starts wading down the pasageway towards the eggs.

Cavir
2017-03-23, 07:00 AM
Keston scanned the room for secret doors but the magic showed nothing, foiled by the details of Mystra's power. He sees the others itching to get back to the other hall but Keston speaks up. "Hold up, just give me another 30 seconds." Not wanting to leave useful magic behind nor potentially arm future enemies Keston casts a second spell, Detect Magic, and studies the fallen foes. "Best to grab things now that may become useful. That trident and shield would surely be useful for someone here in case of a flying foe." He points out his findings as the magics are revealed to him. He collects the items the others do not take, wields the club if untaken, and puts the smaller items into in his magical pack then follows the others back.

The cleric listens to Hishka's plea and ensuing discussions. He joins in with a friendly tone as Kurnos turns to once again charge into the unknown. "Hishka, two minutes will not change the fate of your eggs and may help with protecting your eggs. I do understand their importance to you and if all my friends here agree I will help too but we need information first. What do you know of Ilthane? What kind of dragon? How big? Would be be friendly with you? Do you want to be friendly with him?"

"We first headed this way to find out about the green worms. One of your scaled ones displayed them after death and the others knew what it meant. Please, tell us what you know."

Detect Magic, 3 rounds to catch all info.
Knowledge on the dragon Ilthane? 1d20]
+5 for Collector of Stories (seems appropriate)
+11 if Arcanca, +0 if Local, (+3 Local: Aglarond is probably not useful here)

Bardic Lore: [roll0]

Spellcraft checks:
trident with weapon crystal [roll1]
crude amulet [roll2]
fingerless studded leather gloves [roll3]
red glass goggles [roll4]
potion #1 [roll5]
Talos amulet [roll6]
ivory ring carved interlocking scales [roll7]
bracers [roll8]
potion #2 [roll9]
Talos shield [roll10]
crude club [roll11]

Ghostfoot
2017-03-25, 03:43 AM
Hishka hunches next to the water and addresses Keston, head held at an angle as the large snake twists and winds about the druid's legs. "Ilthane is a black. A big black. She flies in sometimes but never stays longer than a few days. Sometimes from the south, mostly from the west across the seas. Her partnership was with Redeye, not me. Our tribe shall have nothing more to do with such beasts.

Green worms. I have not heard of such things for some time. Two years ago there was such a blight here in the Lizard Marsh among many tribes. I had never seen such things before, and I pray I never do again. We all lost entire clutches of hatchlings all devoured by the cursed things. But as quickly as they came they died out. Redeye and Ilthane blamed the wizards of you Scaleless Ones for the plague and swore vengeance on Waterdeep and the lands around."

Knowledge on the dragon Ilthane? 1d20]
Bardic Lore: (1d20+5)[22]
Ilthane is not a black with a reputation that you have heard of.

Spellcraft checks:
trident with weapon crystal (1d20+17)[21](1d20+17)[36] Faint evocation & faint evocation
crude amulet (1d20+17)[25] Faint transmutation
fingerless studded leather gloves (1d20+17)[30] Faint transmutation
red glass goggles (1d20+17)[25] Faint divination
potion #1 (1d20+17)[33] Faint transmutation
Talos amulet (1d20+17)[19] Faint divination
ivory ring carved interlocking scales (1d20+17)[35] Faint transmutation
bracers (1d20+17)[25] Faint conjuration
potion #2 (1d20+17)[21] Faint abjuration
Talos shield (1d20+17)[23] Faint abjuration
crude club (1d20+17)[19] Faint evocation

Cavir
2017-03-25, 05:07 PM
"Pick any race, scaled or scaleless and you can find some of evil hearts. We did find scaleless ones that were involved with the green worms and killed them. Their notes pointed us to here. The green worms are still here somehow... Ilthane, how big? The size of a horse? A scaleless one's house? Bigger? I doubt a black dragon would give up his lair. He would have to be killed." Keston looks around. "Are we all ready to face such a challenge? Rushing in blind against a dragon like we did with Redeye could get us all killed. Stealth and scouting for information, to me, is vital. With that information, perhaps even wait until tomorrow before taking on that challenge, to be ready with spells and an attack plan. Hishka, do you know what magics Redeye's gear held? "

Keston turns to the rescued wizard. "Marzena, I am Keston Tornok and happy to meet you. Did they return your possessions while we faced Redeye? I do have spellbooks with lower spells you could use. Do you know anymore of Ilthane?"

Knowledge (Arcana) on black dragons [roll0] With collector of stories.
Use my Pearl of Power to regain Bless

DrK
2017-03-26, 01:01 PM
Kurnos looks at the others, grinning as he surveys the loot. Listening to the others he peers into the gloom standing knee deep in water. "Has the dragon visited recently Hishka? If not then we can save these lizard eggs. It would be good to bring peace to this region."

Looking ahead he flexes his 4 claws and with Primus in tow pushes through the water through the tunnel.

Chambers
2017-03-26, 04:32 PM
Jhann

"Suppose you're right Kurnos." Jhann says with a sigh. "I just don't take pleasure in putting down any of the dragonkind, even if it's for the greater peace here. Marzena, I don't expect you to fight with us, after what you've been through...but if you've got a spell handy that could aid us before we go in I'm sure we'd all appreicate it."

BelGareth
2017-03-28, 06:20 PM
Bron sighs and follows in after Kurnos. Hopefully this tunnel wasn't long

razorback
2017-03-28, 08:37 PM
Giving a wink to Marzena, he smiles as he dashes off "Can't let these lumbering oafs fall into an ambush." as he moves ahead of the group, slowing his pace once far enough ahead.

Kuln will move about 30ft in front of everyone and then proceed to scout ahead.

Listen
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

Hide
[roll2]

Move Silently
[roll3]

Ghostfoot
2017-04-02, 06:08 AM
Hishka looks over the items. "No. Other than harnessing the power of lightning I do not know how the tools are bewitched. Redeye took them from a slain cleric years ago. They have served him well."

At Keston's enquiry Marzena responds, brushing back a lock of hair, her hands and jaw still bruised but at least the bones knitted back together now.

https://guildberkeley.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/marzena.jpg?w=240

"We will come with you" she says grimly, the soldiers behind her nervously clutching their borrowed tribal clubs. "Let's get this over with and get out of here. I have no need of a spellbook, thank you" she brandishes a wand regained from the lizardfolk.

Your group moves carefully through the flooded tunnel for several hundred feet, Hishka pausing several times to dismiss grasping tendrils and roots that have been ensorcelled to guard the passageway. Eventually the ground rises out of the bog and opens into a large dark chamber. Beyond a wall of low rocks the wide chamber is covered with sallow water no more than a few inches deep, lapping at hundreds of pale leathery eggs. Against one side of the chamber is a much larger black egg the size of a small person.

Beyond the egg chamber is a small dirt embankment with three chests. Beyond them the tunnel dips down again into a pool of stagnant scum-covered water.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Egg%20chamber%201_zpsr1e0ihdh.png

Cavir
2017-04-03, 09:49 PM
Keston waves to Marzena and Hishka to join the group in a huddle. After applying a charge from his lesser vigor wand on Marzena he speaks quietly.

"Even if we get the eggs out of here, Ilthane won't give up her lair nor her egg and she could quickly smash the lizard eggs. We could threaten her egg to keep her at bay for a bit. She'll have to be killed. How big is she, bigger than Primus here? What else do you know of her? Assuming the dragon is even back there, beyond the chests. If not she becomes a long term problem for scale and scaleless. I can cast Silence back by the chests to cut off our sound, then Clairvoyance to see beyond them. Perhaps send the snake to explore back there? Obviously there is an exit out that way. Any other ideas?"

Keston used Touch of Healing on her to get her up to half hp. This is the second lesser vigor spell used on her since then.

razorback
2017-04-04, 08:46 AM
Kuln stands to the side quietly as Keston questions the freed prisoners, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Chambers
2017-04-04, 08:41 PM
Jhann

"I don't know why I expected there to be fewer eggs." Jhann says, mostly to himself. "Well, nothing to be done but get started." He says and walks over to the edge of the water. "How much do you reckon these weigh, Hishka?"

Move to T27, examine the eggs.

DrK
2017-04-09, 02:11 AM
Kurnos points at the big egg. "No lizard laid that one. Let us look at that one. Does someone have fire to burn that one?" He moves cautiously through the water careful not to step on any eggs towards the big one. Dogs paddling by his side as they approach the massive egg.

Ghostfoot
2017-04-11, 05:53 AM
"Thank Semuanya the eggs are safe" breathes Hishka to Jhann, "I had thought that the dragon may have convinced Redeye to do something evil with them." As Kurnos approaches the large back egg the shaman speaks again "But that is not one of ours. It must be one of the wicked dragon's foul eggs." Looking closer it even seems to ripple and pulse slightly in a weird ghastly manner...

As eyes turn toward it there is a flash of movement from behind the nearby low wall of rocks. Several small dark-scaled heads pop up, the small forward-sweeping horns and gaunt apearance attesting to the draconic nature of the kobold ambushers! With a series of 'twangs' a hail of missiles assails you! As you slowly react and gather yourselves the kobolds duck down, several popping up again to unleash another hail! Marzena raises her wand but Hishka steps in front of her blocking her way "No - the eggs!" he hisses "Do not harm our young!" He clutches a bloody claw at his bleeding shoulder where a small shaft protrudes.

Initiative

kobolds (1d20+3)[18]
keston (1d20-1)[2]
kurnos (1d20+2)[6]
kuln (1d20+5)[9]
jhann (1d20+1)[18]
susebron (1d20+1)[7]
hishka (1d20-1)[13]
marzena (1d20+2)[20]
rescued soldiers (1d20+1)[15]

surprise round (everyone flat-footed):

kobold vs Kurnos
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[22] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[1]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[22] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[4]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[25] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[5]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[16] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[4]

draconic kobold vs Jhann
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[6] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[2]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[21] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[4]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[14] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[5]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[10] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[4]

draconic kobold vs Primus
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[10] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[1]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[24] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[1]

draconic kobold vs Secondus
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[17] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[6]

draconic kobold vs Hishka
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[20] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[4]

Round 1 (everyone still flat-footed):

draconic kobold vs Kurnos
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[8] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[4]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[6] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[3]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[25] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[1]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[23] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[5]

draconic kobold vs Jhann
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[21] damage (1d3)[3] + sneak (1d6)[2]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[10] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[3]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[10] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[2]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[12] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[5]

draconic kobold vs Primus
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[18] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[1]
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[19] damage (1d3)[1] + sneak (1d6)[6]

draconic kobold vs Secondus
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[15] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[5]

draconic kobold vs Hishka
hand crossbow (1d20+5)[7] damage (1d3)[2] + sneak (1d6)[5]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Egg%20chamber%202_zps5o3hulpo.png

=> Party

razorback
2017-04-11, 09:19 AM
In a cloud of shadows that envelope him, disappears, silently reappearing behind the kobolds.

AC ~20; Current ~ 20/22 if they are giants
HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Standard Action
Shadow Jaunt to Z-24

Move Action
If he can duck behind an egg or something, he'll try to hide, not expecting them to look behind them.
Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]

Knowledge Devotion

Knowledge devotion
[roll2]+5 Arcana, +6 Dungeoneering, +4 Nature and most of the rest.

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants
Cloak of Deception = 0
Shadow Jaunt = X
Wolf Fang Strike = 0

BelGareth
2017-04-11, 10:48 AM
Bron sees the kobolds but is too late in his call to arms before they pelt the front of their group with darts. "We need to pull back, lure them into a fight away from the eggs!" he yells, as his shadowy companion bounds over towards them, trying to impede as many as it could.

5 ft forward
Move DC to W28, effecting those 3 kobolds -2 to AC and saves

Cavir
2017-04-12, 09:25 PM
Keston calls out in draconic to the kobolds. "You defy the tribe and Ilthane?! Drop your weapons and some of you may continue to serve!"

The cleric has full faith in his friends dealing with the kobolds quickly and instead focuses his eyes on the dragon egg. His first time getting to see one, and it is for an evil black and seemingly worm touched. He summons a protective shield against acid for himself. He steps to where Kuln had just been, next to Marzena. "If that thing hatches there will be eggs lost. The more we hold back the more that will be lost, though I agree a fireball is too much. Hishka, if you have magic to help against the egg I suggest you use everything you have. Perhaps your serpent can safely get close without trampling eggs. I do have Web and Scorching Ray for whatever comes out of it."

Abjurer Resistance 1/day for 1 hour: Acid/5 (UA p59)
Move to T32

Chambers
2017-04-14, 06:45 PM
Jhann

"Argh!" Jhann shouts as two bolts tear into his flesh. He shakes his head at Hishka's plead and strides forward into the thick of the kobolds. Intense heat rolls off his greatsword in waves as he brings it down overhand to crash among the kobolds.

Swift Action: Change to Martial Spirit stance.
Move Action: Move to W28.
Standard Action: Death Mark vs the kobold in X27

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]. A 5ft radius burst of fire erupts from the kobold and deals [roll2] fire damage to it and all targets within 5ft of it. Reflex Save DC 12 for half damage. Jhann heals 2 HP.

Stance: Martial Spirit.
Readied Maneuvers: Death Mark, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics, Fire Riposte, Burning Blade
Granted Maneuvers: Revitalizing Strike
Expended Maneuvers: Death Mark
End of Turn Maneuver: [roll3]

HP: 50/61 (52/61 if his attack hit)

Party Buffs: Allies have Resist Fire 5 and are immune to his breath weapon.

DrK
2017-04-15, 03:13 AM
Kurnos winces as a hail of bolts flicker and crash into him and his pets. Blood flows as the bolts slip between gaps in the breastplate and around the heavy darkwood shield. The dogs likewise howl in anger! But most if the damage is blunted bybtge gleaming astral vambraces

The digs keap through the cloud of fire from Jhaans blow, Secundus treading carefully, Primus barrelling into the middle of the kobolds! Kurnos just draws a dart and covering behind his shield hurls it at one if the kobolds standing alone!

Kurnos hit 4 times for 5 damage due to DR4/magic
Primus and Secundus either missed or DR negates hit

Primus move to attack nearest one after the deathmark
- bite [roll0] dam [roll1]

Secundus move to attack nearest as well
Balance [roll2]
Tail [roll3] dam [roll4]

Kurnos
Throw a dart [roll5] dam [roll6]

Incarnum:
1E Dragon Tail: (1d8 tail, +1 enh/essentia)
1E Astral Vamrbace (DR 2/magic +2/Ess)

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 34/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Ghostfoot
2017-04-16, 05:33 AM
Kuln mysteriously pops from shadows behind the contingent of draconic crossbow-wielding kobolds. Bron and Keston move forward slightly, their shouted comments almost drowned out as Jhann strides forward clambering atop the low stone wall. He brings his sword down on a hapless reptilian cleaving it almost in two. Heat shimmers within the slain kobold for a second before it bursts apart in searing flame sending a half dozen of it's nearby kin falling mortally wounded. Kurnos' hounds bound forward, the kobolds ducking and diving to avoid the savage attacks.

"Please - no! Do not harm our young!" pleads Hishka. He utters a few words of magic and the roots and vines about the shallow pool all whip about grasping at friend and foe alike. Meanwhile the Hishka's snake companion slithers forward at a command, easily weaving about the combatants and eggs as it rears up fangs striking out trying to grab a kobold. The rescued soldiers hesitate, uncertain what to do. They heft their weapons and form a defensive mob in front of Marzena trying to protect their battlemage.

Two of the remaining kobolds retreat, ducking through the roots and stamping eggs as they scramble back. The other three all draw slim blades and hack away clumsily at the vines entangling them as well as anyone else nearby.

Bel I shifted Bron's DC by 5ft to allow Jhann to step in.

Hishka cast entangle (Ref save DC14).
Snake vs kobold (1d20+9)[14] Miss damage (1d4)[2]

kobolds save vs Entangle DC14
kobold (1d20+3)[11] Fail
kobold (1d20+5)[14] Save
kobold (1d20+5)[8] Fail
kobold (1d20+5)[18] Save
kobold (1d20+5)[9] Fail
Primus gets an AoO on each retreating kobold if he has reach

2 kobolds vs Primus
rapier (1d20)[13] damage (1d4)[3]
claw (1d20-6)[2] damage (1d2)[1]
rapier (1d20)[18] damage (1d4)[2]
claw (1d20-6)[10] damage (1d2)[1]

kobold vs Kuln
rapier (1d20)[6] damage (1d4)[4]
claw (1d20-6)[-4] damage (1d2)[1]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Egg%20chamber%203_zpsif4zhi6m.png

=> Party

razorback
2017-04-16, 11:27 AM
"You vile creatures! Little more than rats trying to gain favor of some dragon, eh?" Kuln says with spite in his voice as he launches into an assault on the kobold before him.

HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Knowledge devotion

15 or below +1
16—25 +2
26—30 +3
31—35 +4
36 or higher +5

Attack 1
[roll1] + Knowledge Devotion

Damage
[roll2] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3] + Knowledge Devotion
[roll4]+ Knowledge Devotion damage

Attack 2
[roll5] + Knowledge Devotion

Damage
[roll6] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll7] + Knowledge Devotion
[roll8]+ Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants
Cloak of Deception = 0
Shadow Jaunt = X
Wolf Fang Strike = 0
Knowledge Devotion check = +x insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

Chambers
2017-04-19, 07:40 PM
Jhann

"Take care Kuln!" Jhann shouts. "I can't help from here!" He says as he glances at the thick roots and vines in front of him. Calling up the draconic blood within him, blue flames wash over him and his companions, the warding fatal to their enemies. Pacing back and forth along the edge of the overgrown weeds Jhann keeps an eye on the kobolds, shouting encouragement to Kuln.

Swift action: Change aura to Energy Shield. Any kobold that hits anyone in melee takes 2 points of fire damage.
Standard action: Total defense.

Stance: Martial Spirit.
Granted Maneuvers: Revitalizing Strike, Fire Riposte
Expended Maneuvers: Death Mark
End of Turn Maneuver: [roll0]

HP: 52/61
AC: 21 (currently 25 from total defense)

Party Buffs: Allies have Energy Shield 2 and are immune to his breath weapon.

Cavir
2017-04-19, 09:34 PM
"Need to keep them from escaping. Marzena, some magic missiles if you have them?" Keston moves up past the soldiers, handing off his crossbow and bolts to one of the soldiers except for 2 bolts he keeps in hand.

Hand the xbow/bolts to one of the soldiers. If one seems more experienced/ in command it will be him.
Move to S28.

Going to assume handing off and moving takes up my turn. I don't have any great options at that range without wiping out lots of eggs.

DrK
2017-04-20, 04:32 PM
Kurnos

Primus snaps and tears at the retreating kobolds whilst not advancing any further lest more eggs are shattered. Kurnos, standing with secundus by his side advances slowly and carefully towards the balck egg. another dart flashing out towards a retreating kobold. "If they flee Hiska can slaughter them with the his tribe. he dragon egg looks troubling. It must be disposed of. "

Primus attack any in reach
- bite [roll0] dam [roll1]
- Claw [roll2] dam [roll3]
- Claw [roll4] dam [roll5]
- Claw [roll6] dam [roll7]
- Claw [roll8] dam [roll9]

Kurnos
Throw a dart [roll10] dam [roll11]

Incarnum:
1E Dragon Tail: (1d8 tail, +1 enh/essentia)
1E Astral Vamrbace (DR 2/magic +2/Ess)

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 34/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 64/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49

Cavir
2017-04-26, 05:54 AM
Susebron

Bron calls upon his shadowy companion to bound around the fleeing kobolds to cut off their escape and encourage them to stop and fight. Meanwhile he moves up to the edge of the water and studies the dragon egg from the edge of the water.

DC double move around kobolds to W20 and affect both. It's illusory so it can't break eggs.

Bron moves up to S26.
Swift action to cast Deathwatch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathwatch.htm) (Death Delver abillity) to check on status of the lizard and dragon eggs, focused more on the dragon egg.

Ghostfoot
2017-04-27, 05:58 AM
Kuln stabs and spars with his opponent but the two little combatants seem evenly matched. Primus snaps and tears at the two kobolds that find themselves next to the massive warhound, striking for 19, 9 & 11 damage ending the evil little creatures.

Kurnos & Secondus move forward through the many eggs & the tangling roots. Kurnos throws a dart but it goes wide. Bron bids his dark companion forward and then concentrates his mind on the life energies about the room.

He detects life in all of the lizard eggs (those that haven't been destroyed :smallfrown:), and also within the dragon egg.

Hiska ushers his snake forward, the huge serpent sliding easily between the eggs and evading the tangling roots as it closes on the fleeing kobolds. A soldier grabs the crossbow from Keston and shoots it at the fleeing kobold, the shot a poor one. The grasping roots whip about in the water, grabbing two of the kobolds while the remaining one ducks and sidesteps, smashing through several eggs in its haste to get away. "The wand - it's useless here!" Marzena curses

kobolds save vs Entangle DC14

kobold (1d20+3)[8] Fail
kobold (1d20+3)[19] Save

soldier
crossbow (1d20+2)[16] Miss damage (1d8)[3]

kobold vs snake
rapier (1d20)[7] Miss damage (1d4)[2]

kobold vs kuln
rapier (1d20)[5] Miss damage (1d4)[1]

Kurnos & Secondus are closing in? If they go through the entangled area (which is the whole eggy part and then some) they'll need to save vs DC14 or entangled, as will Kuln.
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Egg%20chamber%204_zpsqmhcatbb.png

=> Party

Cavir
2017-04-29, 09:06 PM
Keston see Kurnos already wading through the water to get to the dragon egg. Knowing the druid's intent Keston decides to call upon his last main offensive magic to deal and hope to deal with both the fleeing kobold and then the dragon egg. He casts a spell and a cloud of rotating bluish stars appear just short of the kobold. From it several of the stars shoot out attacking the kobold.

Using an AP to raise caster level +2. Casting Spiritual Weapon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiritualWeapon.htm). CL 7, 7 rounds.
Attacking Kobold at X17

Attack [roll0] Crit [roll1] (with Bless)
Damage [roll2] Crit [roll3] force damage

razorback
2017-04-29, 11:48 PM
"Don't worry, I have this ratling." Kuln call out to Jhann, keeping his eye on the kobold, circling for a moment before darting in, both blades flashing, as he disappears.

HP ~ 53; Current ~ 53
AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Swift Action
Activate Cloak of Deception

Attack 1
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1] + [roll2] Sneak Attack

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll3]
[roll4]

Attack 2
[roll5]

Damage
[roll6] + [roll7] Sneak Attack

Crit 19-20/x2
[roll8]
[roll9]

Effects ~
+4 dodge vs giants
Cloak of Deception = x
Shadow Jaunt = X
Wolf Fang Strike = 0

DrK
2017-04-30, 04:31 PM
Primus holds amidst the shattered and burned shells, broken lizard foetuses and the tangling weeds whilst Kurnos looks over at the last few kobolds that are sure to soon die by the rest of the team of the heroes. He pads forward with Secundus, both moving slowly and carefully through the shallow water and approaching the dragon egg to have a closer look.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh2c5cc9NR1qgmgjuo1_500.gif

BelGareth
2017-05-03, 02:31 PM
Bron was frustrated, he had no way to combat these things running from them, and so, following Kurnos, he took his time and approached the dragon egg, maybe he could help there?

As he did he spoke out "there is still life within the egg"

Half move towards the egg?
Dang I need a ranged weapon.

Ghostfoot
2017-05-05, 05:59 AM
Keston casts his spell and a school of glowing stars swirls about the fleeing kobold, inflicting many cuts for 4 damage. Meanwhile Kuln disappears, the gnome no longer visible but his swords stabbing out, cutting down his opponent for 13 damage. The huge serpent lashes out at another, fangs slashing deep for 4 damage even as a crossbow bolt goes wide from one of Marzena's soldiers.

Kurnos & Secondus, and Bron, move carefully over to the large evil-looking egg. Closer as they are, it is definitely pulsating slightly as if something within were moving about testing the strength of the leathery shell.

With little hope against the party, the remaining two kobolds continue trying to flee. One is caught in the entangling roots and struggles trying to break free while the other deftly dodges and darts past his ally, almost reaching the far side of the egg pool and the freedom of the submerged tunnel beyond.

Snake vs kobold
bite (1d20+9)[19] damage (1d4)[4]

soldier vs kobold
crossbow (1d20+2)[6] damage (1d8)[3]
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/Ghostfoot/Egg%20chamber%205_zpsjbm4eqtl.png

=> Party

Chambers
2017-05-06, 09:48 AM
Jhann

With the threat of the kobolds almost contained Jhann walks over to Marzena, releasing a burst of healing from his belt on the way. "I'm glad we've found you safe. We'll get you all out of here shortly."

Move to U31, use a charge from his Healing Belt on himself. [roll0]

DrK
2017-05-06, 12:17 PM
Kurnos

Looking at the massive and vile looking pulsing egg Kurnos looks at Bron. "Any ideas about what to do with this beastly looking egg?" Eyeing it carefully he looks at the base of the egg to see if it could be lifted or rolled somehow out of the lizard birthing chamber and preferentially into something like a refuse pit or a large bonfire. He glances over at the last 2 kobolds, happy that the rest will easily slay the little beasts. "I don't think I want to cut it open or break it. Does anyone have anything flammable?"

Cavir
2017-05-06, 04:32 PM
Keston moves into the water to get closer to Kurrnos and casts a spell at him. "Kurnos! Slash at those kobolds from where you are!" The cloud of stars continue their assault on the kobold.

Move to S26. Cast Blood Wind at Kurnos. Hopoing he splits his attacks between the two.
The subject can take a full attack action to use all of its natural weapons or unarmed strikes as if they were thrown weapons with a 20-foot range increment. The subject gestures as if making a melee attack, but the result of the attack affects a target within range. This spell does not actually grant reach, and so does not help provide a flanking bonus or allow the subject to make attacks of opportunity at any range greater than normal. The subject uses its normal melee attack bonuses and deals damage normally if it hits, though the target of the attacks can benefit from cover or concealment.

Spiritual Hammer continue hitting X17 if it is still up. Otherwise the stars return to me.
Stars: [roll0] crit: (on nat20): [roll1]
damage: [roll2] crit: [roll3] from OOC: 7 damage

razorback
2017-05-07, 09:25 AM
As the kobold falls, Kuln surveys his surroundings. Knowing he can't catch the fleeing kobolds, the turns his attention to the eggs, being cognizant of not disturbing them any further.
As Kurnos speaks, he touches various pouches on his body before responding.
"I have some acid and alchemist fire." he says as he starts to slowly make his way over to the large egg.

BelGareth
2017-05-18, 04:45 PM
Bron narrows his eyes and sees the fleeing kobolds, drawing the trident, he lets it loose upon them as his shadow moves between them.

Launches his trident at closest kobold.
(did not include any magical enhancements to hit or damage)

[roll1] & [roll=Electricity?]1d6

BelGareth
2017-05-18, 04:46 PM
Apparently '?' are not ok in roll descriptors.

[roll0]

Ghostfoot
2017-05-23, 06:05 AM
Keston's whirling cloud of magical shuriken swarm about one of the fleeing kobolds, the myriad cuts too much it falls limp among the lizard eggs in a growing pool of red. The last kobold ducks and darts, looking back at just the wrong moment as Bron hurls the lizard king's mighty trident. The electrical shaft skewers the evil wee creature and it keels over, quite dead.

The others converge on the huge black egg as Hishka hurriedly darts forward to check on the remaining eggs, gently sniffing and stroking them as he makes his way around the spawning pool. The soldiers stand on guard but at Kurnos' request for fire Marzena speaks up "I have fire. Burning hands. It'll deal to that thing if we can get it away from the other eggs."

Someone knock off an Action Point and we'll call that fight over.

DrK
2017-05-26, 03:44 PM
Kurnos

The druid nods at the others an motions Marezena forward. "You lot, come here and give me a hand moving the lizard eggs. The pulsing of the big one fills me with a suspicion and I don't fancy moving it. Lets move the others ones and then Msitress Marzena here can burn that vile egg and all the evil that I fear it contains." He starts to move the eggs gently rolling and pushing them away from the big black dragon egg to allow Marzena a clean shot

I'll spend an action point

BelGareth
2017-05-26, 04:25 PM
Does the Trident return to me?

Bron marvels at the sudden juxtaposed position that Kurnos now takes as he carefully handles the eggs, when just a moment ago, he was savagely rending and breaking kobold bones.

It made him think about ones inability to avoid the savage inside of you, how, no matter what, it was there, ready to pounce the moment your wall of whatever it be crumbled. Whether it be civilization, fine arts, discipline, meditation, whatever it was, it was usually thin veil to what was really below, within us, just under the surface, our real selves...

Cavir
2017-05-27, 06:32 PM
Keston continues to move to the dragon egg and helps to move the lizard eggs close to the bigger one. His cloud of magical stars return to him, ready to be unleashed on the dragon egg. "Let's do this quickly while my spell lasts. I also have lightning for whatever comes out of it."

Chambers
2017-05-28, 09:14 AM
Jhann

With the kobolds dispatched Jhann should have relaxed, but he hesitates when everyone is in a rush to destroy the dragon's egg. Something within him hates the idea, the power that fuels his draconic gifts struggles against him. "I know this egg will grow into a dragon that is an enemy of all that is good...yet I cannot bring myself to ruin it." He says, unusually quiet. "Do as you will, but I cannot help."

Cavir
2017-05-30, 07:50 PM
Keston responds to Jhaan's dilemma. "Do not fret, just be ready in case there is far more than a baby dragon."

Turning to the rest. "That's it, almost done. We just need room right around it for us to fight from and room for Marzena's fire." As Keston helps finish moving the lizard eggs, he activates his Mystra granted protection from acid. Once the eggs are moved, he stands out of Marzena's way and is ready to step forward to zap it with his electrical gauntlets. When everyone is ready, Keston calls upon his spiritual weapon to break open the egg before the spell expires.

Abjurer Resistance. Resist 5 Acid for 1 hour. Move to S17
Unless GF decides moving the eggs took too long, get one last attack in with the spiritual weapon spell.
To hit (if needed) [roll0] Crit: [roll1]
[roll2]
In case it can be considered an autocrit/coup de grace or just rolled crit: [roll3]

razorback
2017-05-31, 06:55 AM
Kuln helps as he can, trying to keep out of the larger people's way and pushing eggs as he can, not sure what Kurnos has in mind exactly but willing to trust him.

BelGareth
2017-05-31, 10:39 AM
Bron went to go get the trident, for some weird reason, and weird was apt, he thought it would return to him.

Frowning, he looked at the item, and stowed it on his back for later use, if need be, he would have to investigate it later, there seemed to be a gem on it that pulsed with electricity.

Turning back, carefully moving around any lizardman eggs, he regarded the larger draconic egg with interest.

"Do we we....have to kill it?" he says to the group, "I mean, how do we know it is evil, whats in there is a baby, I don't think it's infected, my site shows it is alive as us. Why can we not keep it, say, raise it as one of us? Who's to say, that the color of a dragons scales are what dictates it's actions in life?" he shakes his head, the thought of callously destrying a baby, let alone, a Dragon shocked him. If it were infected, then yes, he would do what was needed, but still, a baby?

"I'm...I'm with Jhann on this, I cannot help murder an innocent, regardless of its nature, or parentage."

"Do we not have a bag of holding, or something, that we can store it in?"

Cavir
2017-06-01, 09:52 PM
With yet another voice of doubt, Keston paused his work. Their question was valid and should get discussed. He spoke in a relaxed calm manner. His spiritual weapon spell expired in the mean time.

"Yes, that is a valid question. A frequent topic among scholars far from danger and often with no experience with putting themselves in mortal danger. I am no expert in the matter and hopefully Kurnos or Hiska can speak to it, but my understanding is that even it were possible to raise a metallic dragon from an egg it would take great skill, constant attention, and immense resources to even have a chance at such a feat. Even if all that was gathered there are whole levels of issues beyond raising something like a dog that is trained in a couple of years. A dragon would take decades or more with their slow aging and lifespans. Any one mistake or loss of control means its escape, putting many innocents at risk until it was dead. Each of those victim's blood would be on our hands. Perhaps if we had a chromatic dragon with a will to try but otherwise I think it safest to not let this egg hatch and thrive. We do not have to enjoy the kill, but do it out of necessity."

"The other issue I see is what what I said earlier. What happens when Ilthane finds out. The lizards will suffer for that as well as the fort we just defended. Hiska should have a say in this too since his tribe is at risk no matter what we decide here. Either way, we need to decide quickly since it looks like it is ready to hatch and we'll probably have to kill it."

Keston is far wiser than the player, maybe GF will want to give Keston some worldly or divine insight.
Wisdom [roll0]

DrK
2017-06-02, 12:52 AM
Kurnos

The druid looks at the others then back to the pulsing black waist high dragon egg. "There is something wrong with this one. It's unnatural and should be put to the fire. Even were it not the black dragon is an evil creature borm of malice."

He looks over to Hiska, "Shaman, what do you say. Do you want rid of this abomination?"

Ghostfoot
2017-06-04, 03:39 PM
The lizardman druid looks up from where he has been tending to the large clutch of eggs. "End it" he hisses. "Or it will surely grow to terrorize both Scaled and Scaleless. The Marsh does not need yet another way to kill".

Marzena warily steps next to him. "On this I agree. We do not want to nurture another apex predator who will only kill our men later. On behalf of Baroness Cromm I request we cleanse the swamp of this future predator".

With the area around the huge dragon egg cleared of lizardfolk eggs you all stand back. Marzena raises her wand, flanked by rescued guardsmen from the tower. A frown of concentration and a word of magic and searing flames course from her wand.

The egg crackles as it rapidly dries, blackish hue turning darker and darker. Soon it ruptures and a vile paste spews out. No hatchling dragon rests within however. Writhing and squirming in the paste are hundreds and thousands of fat green grubs. They wriggle and pop as the cleansing fire washes over them, Marzena aided in this by Jhann as the Calish-ite leaps forward at the alarming turn of events.

Thankfully you are able to contain the mass, the squelchy worm-ridden paste bubbling and boiling killing all worms before they can infect the clutch of eggs or even you and your companions!

Peeking out from underneath the ruined mess you spy a large chest wrapped & bound in oiled cloth...

razorback
2017-06-05, 08:35 AM
Looking at those that weren't in favor, Kuln says with a certain amount of grim resign on his face "T'was the only way, lads. Its sorrowful but needed."

DrK
2017-06-05, 10:47 AM
Kurnos

the druid mutters a curse under his breath, jumping backwards as the dogs bark and howl at the unatural horror revealed to be within the egg as the worms bubble, hiss and broil. "A wise move. If those worms had hatched they could have infected all of the hatchlings of your entire tribe shaman. You owe us a great thanks." He nods to both Marzena and Jhaan, "Thank you bringing the fire to remove such a menace." Searching around to make sure there are no survivors he reaches for a branch to slowly push the box out of the mass of melted worm flesh to where they can reach it.

"If it it was not an egg of hers then it must have been a strange ward to have been used to contain this. I wonder what lies within." He glances at Marzena, "Apolgies Marzena, we will see you safely back to the border tower after we have seen what lies within."

BelGareth
2017-06-05, 10:58 AM
Bron was aghast at the actions taken, it happened so fast he had no course of action to respond with, even if he could.

But as it became apparent the egg was not of natural means, or as natural for a dragon babling, the knot in his stomach tightened, not only did these people he now traveled with hold to the commonly used perception or black and white, wrong and right, good and evil. But they were willing to kill younglings for it.

But, as he watched, things got more interesting, the knot, releasing slowly, he watched in abject horror as the egg boiled into a mass of writhing worms. What fresh hell was this that he had walked into?

They seemed familiar to him, and then, suddenly, he recalled the worm infested warrior from before, and something else that worried him, his companions seemed not fazed, not as surprised or shocked.

As if they had seen it before.

He frowned “What is going on?” He demanded, “In 100 years I would not have expected that, and yet, it is eerily similar to the warrior we slew not to far from here. What are you not telling me, what have I fallen into?”

Chambers
2017-06-05, 06:22 PM
Jhann

"What foul corruption is this?" Jhann says as the last of the worms burn and turns to answer Brom. "You will get your answer, and in full, but we should be away from this place as soon as possible."

Cavir
2017-06-05, 08:55 PM
Keston was far from the bloodthirsty type, but there was a time and use for violence. To him this was the right thing to do. As the egg contents boiled into mush Keston was glad for further proof of the right choice. He turned to Bron and Jhaan regarding their queries while also informing Marzena and Hishka.

"Before coming here, before going to the fort and finding it under siege, we rooted out a trio of cults supporting the Ebon Triad, whose goal is the merging the three gods Bhaal, Bane and Myrkul. In doing that we discovered the green worms. Delfen, who is now at the fort, heard the worms had been seen around here too so we came to see Marzena here to find out more."

"One of the scaled warriors with Kotobas were infected too, while still living. Now this egg. Hishka, any ideas how the worms got here? Did Redeye have visitors? Did Talos resurrect Redeye and if so why?

Ghostfoot
2017-06-16, 07:31 AM
Hishka hisses in anger or perhaps horror as the true nature of the vile worm-infested egg becomes apparent. "It is a foul curse that Redeye and Ilthane tried to inflict upon us. Truly you have my thanks. Here, what is this hidden beneath?" Hishka leans forward and pulls out the wrapped chest as he answers Keston's questions. Meanwhile Marzena stays at the ready, making sure that her squad mates are focused and alert in the lizard caves, sending two of them to investigate the chests on the far side of the chamber.

Unwrapping and opening the various chests reveals a treasure trove of coins and several carefully packed vials. Hishka pushes it toward you "It's yours. You have liberated us from this terror and have more need of these trinkets than our tribe. I fear you may still cross Ilthane's path and perhaps this will see you to defeat that menace.

Redeye believed that Talos saved him from certain death for a purpose, and that Ilthane was here to help him. He was deceived by that devil dragon who has brought these worms among us".

10 potions
5320 sp
19930 gp
21 pp

razorback
2017-06-16, 08:50 AM
Zung looks surprised as Hishka finds the hidden chest.
Finally driving the chagrin down, he ask Hishka "What else do you know of Ilthane and this worm infestation? Where did Ilthane come from? Was there anything else it spoke of, plans or rumors?" the gnome asks anxiously.

DrK
2017-06-18, 03:05 AM
Kurnos looks at the others. "There are dark things in this area. Darker by far than I was expecting, even from when we were in the mines a couple of weeks ago."

Prodding with a butt of the club he stirs the charred Worms. "If we take Marzena and head back to town. Then maybe we can get some answers."

As the chest is opens his eyes widen. It's a lot of gold. Looking at the shaman he asks gently,"What of your tribe Hiska. Will you continue to attack us or will you give us peace. We do not want to slay anymore of your warriors. We want peace between the town's and your tribe. "

Cavir
2017-06-18, 02:56 PM
Keston looks at the piles and piles of coins. "Thank you, Hiska, for your understanding. I'm glad we ended this infestation. I do hope Redeye's end is the end of the trouble between our peoples. Be aware we came across the blue feathers so they may be looking to find a weakness here. We'll tell the fort to expect visitors under a truce flag. It is a long trek back. Could we make quarters in a room near the entrance for tonight and start fresh in the morning? "

Holy Haversacks Batman! 505lbs of coins! A single haversack can only handle 120lbs. Good thing we have the dogs to help. I could take 5k (100lbs) of them in my haversack. Might as well not slow the dogs down too much, plus it's spreading out the load/risk.

Assuming that loot list included the chests on the far left. Resting for spells would be a good thing for Keston and probably Marzena.

BelGareth
2017-06-19, 10:42 AM
Bron listened as what was unfolding to even them was explained.

He didn't pretend to understand, but, as he had thought of before, these people, they were...on a task of destiny, he thought. The Muse inside him, thought of epic poems of old, and he had little trouble imagining the group in one, he frowned, trying to sort it all out, and held no warded tongue, or objection to what they were doing, he merely picked up the trident, and stood at the ready, ruminating on the strange news he had received.

Ghostfoot
2017-06-23, 08:50 PM
Hishka crouches down to speak more closely with wee Kuln "Ilthane is a creature of power, true. Redeye and the tribe were easily swayed by her lies. She came to us years ago from far away just as worms such as these ravaged our hatchlings. She promised aid, and through her presence the plague of worms abated. The dragon spoke of the wizards of the human cities and how they had sent the plague upon us to drive us from our lands. She spoke of revenge and conquest, and Redeye bought every word, building our strength for war. I see now that this was all lies. The dragon had brought the worms and used them to trick us into believing her. She was the cause not the cure."

To Kurnos and Keston he says "The time for fighting between Scaled and Scaleless is over. You humans hold power in words and paper. Tell your leaders at the fort to prepare words that bind us in peace. I will come to them within the week and place my mark on this paper, locking all talons and swords in peace.

You may certainly rest here and begin your trek back tomorrow. We will send some of our scouts with you to keep the Blue Feathers and other beasts at bay."

Marzena agrees "Yes, we should return to Cromm's Hold with haste, and then I must speak with Delfen of these developments. It seems a dark plot indeed is afoot and I shudder to think what may be next".

You spend the night camped in one of the nest chambers. The lizard tribe treats you with a surprisingly edible feast of roasted marsh snakes and sweet roots. Although still hesitant and reserved in your presence some of the warriors put on a show of strength and mock-battles displaying their fighting prowess.

In the morning you depart with a couple of scouts to lead you. Thanks to their skills the trip back is free from conflict. You skirt the webs of the giant swamp spiders and elude a large carnivorous dinosaur. Pteranodons fly overhead but you are able to take cover under foliage. They point out large predatory toads lurking in the reeds waiting to ambush unsuspecting marsh animals.

Toward the end of the following day you finally make out the tower of Cromm's Hold rising from the hillock ahead. The guides wave you forward and disappear back into the swamp to rejoin their tribe...

feel free to do any healing or other prep on the two days back

Cavir
2017-06-28, 11:55 AM
Keston ensures all are fully healed and uses his magic to clean everyone's gear that desired it. The dogs' furs gets a thankful cleaning too. He watches the displays put on by the lizardfolk with enthusiasm. His thirst for knowledge has him speaking with Hishka that evening on a variety of topics from their customs and history to the dangers of the swamp. Once the lizardfold retire for the night Keston takes his time and figures out the variety of unknown potions collected. Keston is happy to sleep in the chamber, far safer than out in the swamp and he was filled with a sense of pride having helped to stop the worm threat here and create peace.

With the threat lessened the shepard of magic uses some of his power each day to start identifying the magics the party had gained during this adventure. He spends the days speaking with Marzena. At first he relates their experiences including the Whispering Cairn, Filge, the cults, and the Faceless One. He hopes Marzena will be open about her experiences and how she became employed at Cromm's Hold. If she is a wizard and not a dedicated warmage he'll offer her to make use of either of his spell books for any spells she does not already have.

With the tower in sight, Keston waves a goodbye to their lizardfolk scouts, straightens his deep blue cape, then continues on to the tower. He observes the state of things around them and at the tower since they have been gone for nearly a week.

Prestidigitation for cleaning gear and pets.

Potions: IDing is Spellcraft DC 25. I'm at +17 so auto success with Take 10.
Kotobas: 2x potion. Are they all the same?
Redeye: potion #1
Redeye: potion #2
Egg: 10 potions. Are they all the same?

For both days of travel will prepare 3 castings of Identify (two 1st level plus 2nd level domain) and use them at near the end of each day. Also have a Pearl of Power (1st level), so each day I can recast a Identify spell (now 4 per day):
1) Trident
2) Ivory ring carved interlocking scales
3) Red glass goggles
4) Talos amulet
5) Crude amulet
6) Fingerless studded leather gloves
7) Redeye bracers
8) Talos shield

The coins from the Kotobas, Redeye, and the egg chamber total 20,939.63gp. Granted we need haversacks and the dogs to carry most of it but to make tracking easier, shall we just all claim our share now?
320cp, 75sp, 81gp
51cp, 73sp, 71gp
5320 sp, 19930 gp, 21 pp

Summed up with 5 shares:
74cp
29.6sp
4,016.4gp
4.2pp

DrK
2017-06-28, 04:14 PM
Kurnos rests happily before looking around the room in the morning. In the dim light, he focuses ad prays for the morning blessings of the earth, wind and sky and the power flows into his body. Purple and blue smoke slowly forming around him as he binds more incarnum into his form. Purple scales, a long tail, a shimmering crown, golden armplates amongst the melds that coalesce onto his form.

Melds:
Totemist: Shedu crown (totem), wormtail belt, dragon claws
Incarnate: Astral vambraces, Strongheart vest

Spells unchanged

He seeks out the lizard shaman giving him a short bow. "My thanks Hiska. I hope for a long peace between our people. We will not venture far into the swamp I'm sure. THere is little land to farm or things to hunt for commerce.
If your people wish I'm sure they could trade at the fort. We will speak with the soldiers and arrange a signal so that they know you come in peace." After some more small talk he leaves taking the pair of massive hounds with him. On the walk back he looks at his friends and the massive sacks of coins and magical treasure. "Is there anything of interest there my friends? We have done well stripping that mad lizard and the dragon of some of their wealth. I feel anything we can use will help us. I feel dark days approaching for us."

He looks about as they walk, hopping onto the back of the monstrous Primus to ride slowly and easily towards the tower, waving a hand above his head to signal their peaceful intent.

razorback
2017-06-29, 08:47 AM
Kuln nods in understanding, knowing the sway those with power have over those seeking it or some comfort in the cold world. "We will do what we can to help insure peace between you and the fort." offers, with hope in his voice.

Later, as everyone makes their way back, the gnome ponders what the creatures are and their purpose.
Seeing to everyone's hurts as best he can, he tries to relax a bit, knowing deep down this is just a brief respite before reporting back to the wizard.

Ghostfoot
2017-07-08, 05:05 PM
As you approach the keep you spy a few soldiers on sentry duty atop the battlements. Given the small number visible, and the wreckage still strewn about the battlefield, it seems that the reinforcements from Daggerford have not yet arrived.

At the gate the guards salute. You notice them nervously with hands on their weapons and eyes darting to the deepening shadows about. "Sirs, Marzena, welcome! It is good you ave returned. Baroness Cromm will want to see you immediately."

Hustling swiftly past the remaining wretched injured and the few able-bodied soldiers you meet Piann Cromm in her quarters. After formalities you report on the incident at the Redeye tribe lair and the rescue of Marzena and the captive soldiers. At the mention of Hishka's offer of truce she nods thoughtfully. "A pleasing development. There will be much to work through, but a cessation of hostilities is a welcome development.

I'm afraid we have a more pressing issue though. Something - somethings - stalk the keep. One of those captive scalies was infected. Vile little green worms crawled out of it and sought out new hosts. Anyone they got to succumbed if they were lucky or otherwise became a new host, . The men fought as back best they could but the things are horrific and unkillable. We barricaded them in the dungeons but they keep breaking out and dragging my men off to their doom. I don't know how much longer we can hold them back." She looks at you grimly.

Chambers
2017-07-09, 09:34 AM
Jhann

"Out of one fire, into the next..." Jhann says to himself when the commander tells them of the keep's latest woes. "Unkillable? Not if it bleeds. It has been a long, tiresome journey. Some of us are not used to traveling in such conditions and may require a few hours of sleep, but I'll stand watch with your guards until those with brighter minds can figure a solution."

DrK
2017-07-09, 03:48 PM
Kurnos

Kurnos and the massive hounds no at Jhaan's words, although he is quite fresh from his travels and his spells are all up to scratch and ready to be used. His incarnum vest and braces glimmering along with the claws and purple scaled belt. "I can stand the watch with you also Jhaan. We aren't that tired". He looks at Marzena, "Can you tell us more on these foul beasts and what they may entail and cause danger to us? Your knowledge on these matters was one of the reasons we were coming in here in the first place.""

heading in he looks at the guards. "How many of the beasts are there and where have you got them contained?"

razorback
2017-07-09, 11:26 PM
Kuln blanches as he hears of the description of the creatures from Marzena. With a sigh as he thinks of a cot to rest and a warm meal, he shrugs. "I'll join the both of you. You need to have someone there that will be able to notice these creatures skulking about." he says with a weary grin.

Cavir
2017-07-12, 06:48 PM
Keston had been hoping for better news upon reaching the tower, so much so he wasn't best prepared for significant fighting. He had been looking forward to detailed discussions late into the night with Delfen and Marzena. He could still do his part though. He had Mystra herself backing him!

"We do know the worms burn. Torches would be useful against the worms trying to infect others. Let your people know that. Have there been signs of organized strategy from the infected? Has anyone tried a Detect Evil to see if that will detect who is infected? I will ready one tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm willing to press on. Do you have a map we can use? We'd like to know the problem locations and where your people are stationed so we can work with that."

BelGareth
2017-07-18, 05:44 PM
Bron is troubled by the strange revelations bought to him by his fortuitous rescuers, but he cannot stop thinking of how he has so fallen in with this company. It was a certain sense of...destiny to it, and for the first time in a long time, he smiled at the irony of it all.

He cleaned his sword, and rested as they traveled, managing to keep up and assist where needed. As they approached the tower, he was quiet, watching, studying, as he always was. He perked up at hearing of 'unkillable' monsters, nothing was unkillable, he had studied that particular theory well.

"Are they undead? Have you tried holy water, or other means of holy weaponry?"

He piped up again, "I am also ready, if we do not need rest, then perhaps we should go prepare for our fight with these monsters?"

Ghostfoot
2017-07-21, 09:02 PM
Marzena addresses Kurnos' question regarding the creatures, "Nay there is little I can add for now. There have been tales from some of the travellers on the roads around here about worm-ridden living corpses. I heard enough to believe that these rumours were true. I had sought to investigate further and to confer with Delfen but the rising of the lizard folk prevented further effort."

Baroness Cromm and her guards fill in the rest of the details of the recent troubles. "There's at least three of them down there now, in the lower level. Here, let me sketch you a map. We've tried to block the door but it's not going to hold. They seem to possess a dim cunning - rather than mindless destruction they focus on grabbing anyone too slow and dragging them off. It's like they're trying to pick us off one by one, and growing their numbers at the same time."

"No we haven't tried detect evil, or have any holy water. We have no clerics with us here right now."

"They sure look like they're undead. But they do seem to be more intelligent than mindless shambling zombies. I don't know what they are"

At that comment there is a a crash of splintering wood and a terrified shriek from below "Grim! They got Grim! He's done fer!"

http://i.imgur.com/DuhzKli.png

If you choose to help, you descend the stairs and start at I9

=> Party

Cavir
2017-07-23, 01:10 PM
Keston grimaces. "Four now it seems. That map is quite useful, thank you. Perhaps Marzena and Delfen can cover the door here in case they get past us."

"We know they are there and they have a limited area to hide in but will be able to hit us from multiple sides. Use some of those protection potions we've been hanging on to?" The cleric of Mystra casts a protection spell covering the party, the wizards, and the guards holding the entrance to the area below. With loaded aspergillum in one hand and a wand in the other, Keston is ready to follow in the midst of the party.

Cast Divine Protection. +1 Morale to AC and Saves. 5 minutes.

We've been collecting potions of Shield of Faith. Perhaps time to use them?

Useful items:
Scroll of Hide from Undead (1 person 10 min)
Sanctuary (item and spell)
Scroll of Magic Weapon
Scroll of Web
Wand of Sound Burst (in hand)

razorback
2017-07-24, 08:25 AM
As Kuln stands listening and waiting for Jhann and Kurnos, he hears the crash. Rushing down the stairs, he yells out. "Come on!" as he pulls one of his swords.

Move to I-7 and survey his surroundings.

BelGareth
2017-07-24, 10:44 AM
As kuln moves to the right, Bron hefts his new shield and goes left, making sure the area is secure, and there are no surprises.

Moves to J11

Bron (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=929727)
HP's: 37/37
AC: 24
Effects: Divine Protection (+1 saves and AC)

Chambers
2017-07-24, 07:22 PM
Jhann

"Right behind you!" Jhann shouts to Kuln as follows the gnome down the stairs and around the corner. He pauses to quaff a potion, sword raised and ready.

Move to H8, drink one of the Potions of Shield of Faith. What's the +deflection bonus?

Granted Maneuvers: [roll]1d5[/roll[, [roll0] (Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics)
Newly Granted Maneuver: [roll1] (Burning Blade)

DrK
2017-07-29, 01:25 AM
Kurnos

The druid curses, essentia flowing into the protective melds as purple scales strengthen and the crackling vambraces flicker into life. He looks to the others, "No rest for the wicked my friends. Come, let's save poor Grim."

He pauses briefly, a spell embracing him and Primus. Both growing additional muscular clawed arms as the aspect of the girallion settles upon them, Kurnod holding his long wooden shield in one claw. That done the trio race down the stairs, dogs sniffing the air to locate poor Grim. The massive dire wolf squeezing down before taking a position in the small room standing protectively beside the small Kuln

Kurnos / Primus / Secundus
+ move downstairs to around F6 or so

Shedu crown (totem)
1E Wormtail belt
Dragon claws
1E Astral vambraces
1E Strongheart vest

Effects
Girallions blessing 70 minutes (K/P only)
Divine protection (+1 saves/AC)
Energy Aura

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49
Effect:

Ghostfoot
2017-07-29, 06:44 AM
Rushing down you push past the cowering guards to the abandoned and smashed barricade. A heavy door leads down to the darkened rooms below. Moving down you notice occasional small splashes of blood on the walls. Mostly dried now it attests to signs of struggle and fighting.

The steps lead down into a kitchen area, with a large fireplace, long tables and broad barrels. Pots and pans hang from the walls and rafters above. All is eerily silent, but you know that all is not as peaceful as it seems. The dogs hackles raise as they sense foulness all about that challenges their adherence to the natural order.

Shadows dance and flit about the cluttered chamber and suddenly with horrific moans moving shapes shamble forth from the darkness...with tabards and armour indicating their past lives as soldiers of the keep the vile creatures that shuffle forth are a frightening sight to behold! Rotted and shriveled flesh hangs from their faces and bones, and their hands are almost talon-like with bony claws reaching out. Most horrific, a multitude of wriggling green worms writhes in and out of each creatures skull orifices and crawl dripping from their outstretched arms and ruined torsos.

4x DC14 Will saves for everybody please, one for each undead sack of maggots (ew!). Failure means panicked as per fear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fear.htm). Feel free to use Action Points if you wish (one per save max, but as many in a round as you want to).

Who's got the light? Are you using Keston's Cap of Focusing Fire?

drink one of the Potions of Shield of Faith. What's the +deflection bonus?
They'll be +2 AC

initiative
Keston (1d20-1)[5]
Kurnos (1d20+2)[17]
Kuln (1d20+5)[6]
Jhaan (1d20+1)[7]
Bron (1d20+1)[21]
Spawn (1d20-1)[16]

There is a wall between I9 & I10 so Keston is not currently threatened.

Spawn are not flat-footed. They have used the surprise round to close.
http://i.imgur.com/qmaMsws.png

=> Bron, Kurnos & pets

DrK
2017-07-29, 02:25 PM
Kurnos

The stench of wrongness raised the hackles on Kurnos's neck even as the dogs both felt the same. Kurnos glared in horror at the monstrostities coming at them, a wave of fear washing over him that he was barely able to resist as both dogs howled and barked to resist the effect. Only the calming effect of Jhaan and the blessings of the gods keeping Kurnos and Secundus from fleeing. With a snarl he leapt forward shield blocking the nearest as he clawed at it repeatedly even as the dogs went to savage and rip the undead creatures apart.

Secundus to F4
Kurnos to E5
Primus (top left) to F5

Secundus vs G4
atk [roll0] dam [roll1] trip [roll2] vs [roll3]
dragon claws [roll4] dam [roll5]
dragon claws [roll6] dam [roll7]
+4 to hit if tripped

Primus
bite vs E6 [roll8] dam [roll9] trip [roll10] vs [roll11]
dragon claws vs G4 [roll12] dam [roll13]
dragon claws vs G4 [roll14] dam [roll15]
Girallion claws vs G4 [roll16] dam [roll17]
Girallion claws vs G4 [roll18] dam [roll19]
+4 to hit if tripped
if 2 claws then REND [roll20]

Kurnos vs E6
dragon claw [roll21] dam [roll22]
girallion claw [roll23] dam [roll24]
girallion claw [roll25] dam [roll26]
+4 to hit if been tripped
if 2 claws then REND [roll27]

1E Shedu crown (totem)
1E Wormtail belt
Dragon claws
1E Astral vambraces
1E Strongheart vest

Effects
Energy Aura
Jhaan's Aura +4 vs Fear

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49
Effect:

BelGareth
2017-07-31, 03:29 PM
Bron felt good, he had a new shield, he was along with a group of very capable adventurers, for the first time in his life, he had found new meaning in helping others, what could go wrong?

He turned the corner as he ran down to help along with the others, and came face to face with a living nightmare, all noble deeds of chivalry and altruism fled from him like a storm rinsing him clean of his false begotten ideals.

He didn’t just see the dead man before him, worms wriggling inside his his frame, but death itself, the inevitable approach of time marching on, reaching out, and caressing him.

He had to flee, had to outrun death, he could’t let it touch him.

Without a thought, he turned around and with all his energy, ran back up the stairs, leaving his sword and shield, all thoughts gone from him, except the insatiable need to flee deaths ugly, horrible caress.

Ghostfoot
2017-08-12, 06:04 AM
With a snarl Kurnos and the hounds leap forward tearing into the corpse creatures ina a shower of worms and gore. As the bodies fall, dismembered, worms drip from the hide of the dogs but several wriggle and worm their way about Kurnos' clothing, seeking the warmth of nearby living flesh.

Bron, mindless with fear, ducks past the approaching horrors and pushes his way past Keston. As he does one reaches out a wasted limb, worms flying ina spray and one latching on to his collar wriggling about next to his soft skin! Heedless, Bron dashes away to 'safety' upstairs.

The remaining two creatures lope forward, lashing out at anyone nearby. Kuln is struck for 8 damage and Keston for 11 damage each strike flinging vile worms about to wriggle and burrow wherever they can!

Since Kurnos attached with natural weapons, and has insufficient natural armour rating:
worm vs Kurnos (1d20+6)[18] Hit
worm vs Kurnos (1d20+6)[22] Hit
worm vs Kurnos (1d20+6)[7]
worm vs Kurnos (1d20+6)[23] Hit

AoO worm vs Bron touch attack (1d20+6)[11] Hit

slam vs Kuln (1d20+7)[24] damage (1d6+6)[8] + worm
slam vs Keston (1d20+7)[26] damage (1d6+6)[11] + worm

3 worms on Kurnos & 1 each on Bron, Kuln & Keston. You can attack these worms as normal, if you wish to.
http://i.imgur.com/HpqC7VN.png

=> Party

Cavir
2017-08-13, 12:49 AM
Bron's escape knocked Keston to the side, opening up for him getting hit by one of the spawn. First he calls out to his allies. "Bron has fled back up the stairs. There's two of them over here." Second he calls out to his divine mistress. "Mystra, send these things away!"

Turn undead with AP for CL 5
check: [roll0] (CHA+Religion) -> +4 = max 9HD creatures
damage: [roll1] (Level+CHA) -> 18HD worth

"you don’t need line of sight to a target, but you do need line of effect."

Maybe we'll get lucky and the worms will count as undead too :smallbiggrin:

razorback
2017-08-15, 11:39 AM
Kuln, writhes in fear of the creatures as the bite and slam him. He flails about as he tries to make his escape, fear and pain driving the gnome mad as he runs up the stairs screaming.

Chambers
2017-08-22, 04:08 PM
Jhann

"Take heart friends!" Jhann shouts to no avail as the supernatural fear takes over his companions. Snarling at the vile monsters Jhann steps forward with his flaming sword, ready to end their cursed existence.

5ft step to I8.
Swift: Burning Blade
Full Attack.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] magic slashing damage and [roll2] fire damage

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4] magic slashing damage and [roll5] fire damage

HP 61/61
AC 23

Granted Maneuvers: Fire Riposte, White Raven Tactics, Burning Blade
Newly Granted Maneuver (End of Turn):[roll6]
Expended Maneuvers: Burning Blade

DrK
2017-08-27, 08:45 AM
Kurnos yelped in surprise as the worms attached to his body, although he was relieved to see the combination of fur and glown worm scales protecting his pet dogs. "Beware, don't get too close to them!" he shouts by way of warning to his colleagues.

With him and Primus he seeks to tear the Worms freeashe whistles sending Secundus around the side to attack the rear of the strange vile Kyuss touched undead.

Energy aura - fire 2 vs works from Jhaans aura

Secundus to K8
Kurnos to F6
Primus (top left) to G5

Secundus vs J8
atk [roll0] dam [roll1] trip [roll2] vs [roll3]
+4 to hit if tripped

Primus vs the Worms
bite vs [roll4] dam [roll5]
dragon claws vs [roll6] dam [roll7]
dragon claws vs [roll8] dam [roll9]
Girallion claws vs [roll10] dam [roll11]
Girallion claws vs [roll12] dam [roll13]

Kurnos vs Worms
dragon claw [roll14] dam [roll15]
girallion claw [roll16] dam [roll17]
girallion claw [roll18] dam [roll19]
+4 to hit if been tripped

1E Shedu crown (totem)
1E Wormtail belt
Dragon claws
1E Astral vambraces
1E Strongheart vest

Effects
Energy Aura
Jhaan's Aura +4 vs Fear

Kurnos:
Saves +8/8/8
HPs 46/46

Primus:
Saves +10/7/6
HPs 66/66

Secundus
Saves +9/8/5 Evasion
HPs 49/49
Effect:

Ghostfoot
2017-09-01, 04:03 PM
As Keston's resolve drive the vile creatures to cower in fear Jhaan and Secondus make short work of them, the foul zombies quickly taken apart. As the disgusting worms wriggle about Kurnos and Secondus are able to clear them from themselves and the fearful Kuln, squashing them flat.

Keston and Bron are less fortunate, and even as panicked Bron is grabbed and held firm by a group of friendly soldiers they each feel a stab of discomfort and take 1 damage as the writhing green things burrow beneath their skin and wriggle through their flesh. "He's done fer!""He's going to turn into one of them!""Quick, kill 'im now" from the sounds of it the soldiers have seen what happens to their poor companions and intend to put Susebron out of his misery! "Stand back, men. Here hold still" Baroness Cromm steps forward blade in hand and with a few expert twists she has the repugnant worm out of Bron with little hurt. As it twists and writhes she hurls it to the ground and crushes it underfoot.

Gotta love these things! They remind me of old school rot grubs

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Rot_grubs.JPG

The worms are now burrowing through your bodies toward your tasty brains and can no longer be attacked directly :smallbiggrin:. A DC20 Heal will extract one.

ETA to brains entree:
Keston [roll0] rounds
Bron [roll1] rounds

=> Party

Cavir
2017-09-05, 07:45 PM
Keston drops his morningstar, grabs his dagger and starts to cutting away at at his own skin to get at the worm burrowing inside him. "Uhh. Owww! Quick, help me dig it out or cast Guidance on me!"

Will wait til the end of the round to see if there is help, then a heal check.
Heal [roll0] (+help if any)
Taking damage either way?

Hey... would turning Gaseous leave it behind? Will probably be important to know at some point.

Cavir
2017-09-18, 06:29 AM
Keston fails to stop the worm's wriggling underneath his skin and it continues to work its up his arm. His voice showing great concern but not quite panic yet. "I doubt anyone has Remove Disease/Curse, Dispel Evil, or Neutralize Poison spell that could help but now would be the time to surprise me. I don't care how deep you have to cut, but cut it out or help me cut do it! Mystra guide me!"

DrK
2017-09-18, 11:28 AM
Kurnos

Kurnos runs across to Keston, claws flexed ready to tear free the offending worm to see the hole in Keston's side. Looking at with a slight edge of worry he shouts for help - "With my claws I'd worry about eviscerating Keston. Someone with nimble fingers please try and help him..."

Aid anther DC 10 untrained [roll0] (+[roll1] AP if needed)
to give +2 to someone else....

Chambers
2017-09-18, 06:51 PM
Jhann

"I'm no healer friend, but those things surely can't stand the heat." Jhann says and everyone feels the protective warding drop away. Moments later his greatsword leaps into flame. "It won't burn for long so be quick about it!"

Offering his flaming greatsword as a means to burn the worms under the skin by placing the flat of the burning blade against the arm.

Aid Another (Heal): [roll0]

Cavir
2017-09-19, 10:12 AM
Keston is grateful for the personal aid from his allies. "As long as the surgery doesn't kill me, I don't care about the pain. Better than dying!" He explains to the others on how to best proceed in case he gets delirious from the pain. Kurnos' claw slices skin to create an opening for Jhann's burning blade to peel it out. Keston grits his teeth then yells in pain, but time is running out.

Healing DC 20. Skill @ +6, +4 from 2x Aid Other plus Action Point.
[roll0] + [roll1]

Ghostfoot
2017-09-22, 03:14 PM
The next few moments are bloody and grim. Kurnos slices along his shoulder as the worm writhes and wriggles rapidly underneath Keston's skin. With Jhaan to support him Keston begins to dig about in his own flesh. The worm twists desperately trying to hide among the corded muscles but Keston manages to get his hand in there and firmly grasp the blood-slick thing. Consciousness dimming from the pain he flings it to the ground where the flat of a flaming greatsword ends the threat.

As Keston recovers Kuln and Bron rejoin the group, supernatural fear still a memory but no longer overwhelming them. A quick sweep of the basement confirms that no more of the undead horrors remain and as news of your efforts reaches the weary troops above there is a great cheer of relief coupled with a cry of hope from the battlements "Reinforcements! They're here!"

The ranks of fresh soldiers and healers file into Cromm's Hold, quickly relieving the tired defenders and tending to the many wounded. In the midst of them rides the welcome sight of the wizard Delfen atop his tome-laden pony.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/60466/Allustan.jpg

"Delfen!" cries Marzena, a relieved smile upon her face "It is good to see you again!".

With the hustle and bustle of activity all around you all make your way to Baroness Cromm's chambers where a table laden with bread, mead and other welcome nourishments is prepared. Marzena and Delfen join you to discuss and debrief all that has occurred of late...

Ew.

1 hp damage from the home surgery.

Plenty of time to rest/ recover overnight now.

That's the end of that "chapter" of Age of Worms. Well done! Next we'll be on to something quite different again :smallbiggrin:

Let me add up the XP...

DrK
2017-09-24, 03:58 AM
Kurnos

The druid breathes a sigh of relief as the worm is burned out if his friend. He shakes his head, "A nasty business. The more we see of this Kyuss and it's creatures the bleaker I feel things are becoming. Are you well Keston", he reaches down and invigorates the wound, flesh knitting and sealing.

Moot point as its in story mode but 16hp

The cheers from above lead him and his hunting hounds upstairs and he nods to Delfen. "Well met master Delfen. Fear not, the lizardman threat has been quashed." Letting the mage in he asks out some lumps of meat to feed the hounds settling both in one of the stables, happy they can defend themselves, especially as all the lizard flesh seems to have made Primus even bigger.

Joining the others for dinner and the Lady of the tower he first wages and changes into some fresh green and brown clothes - the other set soaked with blood and gore. Taming his wild hair and removing the customary mask he heads for dinner. Nodding to the others he greets Lady Cromm, Delfen and Marzena. "We had sought you out Mistress Marzena, Delfen said you may no more of these Worms and Kyuss?".

Cavir
2017-09-24, 07:10 PM
Keston grimaced in pain as he watched Kurnos slice open his shoulder. He had to watch in order to keep the worm in sight. His own blood spurting and the pain was not something he was trained for. He did not travel all the way from Aglarond just to die from a little green worm. He used all his willpower to stay focused. It worked! Praise his friends and Mystra! Mystra's touch closed the wound and Kurnos' touch finished healing that and other wounds. All that was left was the splattered blood.

After happily reuniting with Marzena and Delfen, Keston uses his basic magics to tidy up the party after their trip into the marsh and the fight below the keep. Joining everyone at the dinner table, Keston is excited to learn from the two skilled wizards.

BelGareth
2017-09-26, 11:09 AM
It was all a blur.

He couldn't recall much, just that he only now had regained conscious control of his body, he was like a prisoner inside his mind, not being able to move, or act upon his own thoughts.

Something...something had overpowered him, and his mind had crumbled like a badly built wall upon the pressure of it, behind the vast power of mortal life, the threat of imminent danger, and he had buckled like a cheap bridge.

Shame riddled him with guilt and anger, pain and frustration washed over him waves as he watched his now friend, being cut open and the worm ripped out. He stood, almost frozen, a stark contradiction to the most recent events that led him to flee.

He could barley think about it, his mind tried to block him out of the thoughts, realizing them for what they were, a sickness, an infection that would only make the body worse. He shunted them back somewhere, where he could process them better at an appropriate time.

He smiled meekly as Keston recovers and his eyes walk over him.

He hadn't been long with them, and he had already failed them...Perhaps they would want to get rid of me? he thought, as the newcomer, whom they all seemed to know came into view. He stood in the back, keeping to himself, and his thoughts.

Ghostfoot
2017-10-22, 04:11 PM
The debate is robust and vigorous as Marzena explains to Delfen and the rest of you what she knows of the worms. She recounts the history of the lizard tribes and how plagues of worms had occurred in generations past. That there have been further unsubstantiated reports of worm-riddled walking corpses indicating that the plague may well be more widespread than simply the lizardfolk of the swamp. You speak up and describe the infected lizardfolk that you encountered, the infested cavern of the dragon Ilthane, the dragon egg filled with worms and the draconic kobold guardians evidently placed to ensure that the tribes offspring would all be infected. Delfen mentions the cultists of the Ebon Triad and you relate your encounters with these fanatics.

Baroness Cromm frowns at the peaceful development with the Redeye tribe, clearly hesitant to put to much faith in any promise of peace with her long-time enemies. Nevertheless, with Cromm's Hold weakened and her troops in no state to take any offensive action she reluctantly concedes that the message of truce be acted upon. A messenger is sent to the Lords of Waterdeep informing them of events and requesting a negotiator be sent to progress the relationship.

As the night wears on Delfen continues to inquire but you sense that any great insights remain out of grasp. He mutters about "consulting his books" back at his tower. His frustration is evident as you all retire for the evening.

Next morning, you all prepare for the short trip back to Daggerford with Delfen and Marzena. Baroness Cromm and the grateful troops bid you farewell as you make your way back east. The discussions continue for the whole journey along the trail and as the summer sun starts to lower in the sky you see the rickety sprawl of Daggerford ahead.

Getting in to town you pick your way through the gamblers, miners and wretches and ensconce yourselves in Delfen's home. The wizards continue their debate and you are left to order food and drink to keep everyone going.

Eventually Delfen turns to you with a sigh, "There's more here that I just can't make sense of. I feel that we are on the cusp of something momentous, something that threatens far more than just this community. Here, I have compiled all of our discoveries, clues and suspicions. There is a sage I know in Waterdeep, a friend of mine named Dagsumn. Will you take this information to him and see if he can shed any light? It pains me to say it, but he has a far sharper mind than I for this sort of investigation."

DrK
2017-10-25, 12:05 AM
Kurnos

The druid listens intently over the next few days as they investigate the source of the strange worms, the Ebon Triad and the behaviour of the lizard tribes. At Delfens request Kurnos nods. ",Of course Magister. We can all feel something is happening and it's clearly of an ill wind."

He looks at the others "It's a short trip to the city, aside from food and water are we ready to leave?"

Yup, I'm ready to go.

BelGareth
2017-10-25, 10:28 AM
Bron nods his assent, silently brooding is own personal failures.

razorback
2017-10-27, 09:55 AM
Kuln nods in agreement with the others. "I think you have the right of it, though I don't know if I would call it so much as momentous as dire, but to each his own. I will travel to Waterdeep and seek out your friend."

Cavir
2017-10-29, 09:11 PM
Keston takes in the wealth of information with a thirst for knowledge. The next morning the cleric discovers a new gift from Mystra. The blessing is further encouragement to him that he is on the right track even with the dark news of the worms. He reveals the gift to the party and the wizards. "Waterdeep? Wonderful! I've always wanted to see the city. I just hope the worms have not found their way there."

Would love to use the Arcane Sight on the wizards, but I'll play nice :)

Ghostfoot
2017-11-10, 04:00 PM
"I too know of a sage, a wise man in Calimport who may be able to help. I will leave you to investigate in Waterdeep while I follow up in my homeland. May our paths cross again." After many hearty farewells and promises to meet again Jhaan departs for the long journey south to Calimshan.

The next day your party says it's further farewells, this time to Delfen and Marzena. Setting off on the ~5 day trip to Waterdeep you have one last glance at the disheveled town of Daggerford before heading off north along the Trade Way.

A cool ocean breeze blows in from the Sword Coast to the west, making for comfortable travel as you walk in the fine spring day. The ancient trees of Ardeep Forest fill the vista to the east of the Way.

As the sun wanes in the late afternoon you spy the smoke of a campfire ahead and next to the road in a well-used rest stop a sturdy dwarf is visible.

Chambers, time to intro Har

DrK
2017-11-11, 09:53 AM
Kurnos

Travelling with the others Kurnos lopes along looking wolfy with his ragged clothing and purple scaled body with his pack of two (one massive, one merely big) wolves. He raises a hand in greetings, strong voice shouting "Greetings traveller. Ware on the road. Monsters and other beasts frequent these marshes and the lizards are restless, ".

Cavir
2017-11-13, 11:27 PM
Keston

With Kurnos leading the way, Keston is happy to have reached a rest stop after traveling all day. As Krunos also takes the lead with the dwarf up ahead, Keston makes use of his Arcane Sight from further back in the group to take notice of the dwarf and to see if there are any others out of sight.

Are all of Har's spells put to Runes except for Explosive Runes? If so I'm guessing that's the only castable spell that applies for Arcane Sight.

razorback
2017-11-17, 12:45 AM
As the others move towards the dwarf to greet, Kuln, slows a bit as he watches the surrounding area. Not necessarily wary of the dwarf, but that the lone dwarf with a campfire might have brought uninvited guests that might be on the cusp of showing themselves. And, of the dwarf, a bit.
Once sure that they aren't about to be swarmed by devils know what, he goes to greet the dwarf with the others, a dark but mischievous look on his face. "Yes, lizards and other beasts. Maybe, since its getting near that time, we can make camp together, for each other protection,eh?"

Ghostfoot
2017-12-02, 04:32 AM
A flicker of movement in the trees nearby suddenly turns the scene much less welcoming. To the left and right scruffy men with crossbows lean out to cover the area. The dwarf grins with an evil look in his eye.

"Aye, that'll be close enough fer you lot. Just be poppin' yer valuables down where'n ye be standin' and ye can be on yer way. Can't have ye lumbered down wit' all dat there shiny stuff. Robbers might catch ye."

The miscreant dwarf drums his fingers impatiently on the hilt of his shortsword.

No sign of Chambers so let's have a fight :smallbiggrin:

DrK
2017-12-02, 06:01 AM
Kurnos

Kurnos stops, head tilted in surprise as he looks left and right at his colleague's. "Did I hear him correctly? Did he threaten us and thinks he will rib us." He looks at the massive dogs before shouting back to the dwarf.

"Move aside traveller. We have important business to be about and no time to dally with bandits "

razorback
2017-12-02, 12:03 PM
The wiry gnome looks at the dwarf and his friends, eyes drawn together, as Kurnos speaks.
"The only thing of value I have are these swords... so, if you want them in your neck or your gut, just let me know."

BelGareth
2017-12-02, 12:29 PM
Bron frowns.

Thats weird. Everyone assumed this dwarf to be friendly, and now he was threatening them?

He shook his head, standing there with his arms crossed.

"Apparently so Mighty Kurnos." he stepped forward, looking and speaking to the dwarf "I'm not sure who you are, but you're making a mistake, this lot is not to be trifled with, I have seen them personally, take care of an entire Lizardfolk abode. Defeating you will be a midday warmup. You should drop your weapons and flee before I can no longer hold them back."

[roll0]

Opposed by the target’s modified level check (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear). If you beat your target’s check result, you may treat the target as friendly, but only for the purpose of actions taken while it remains intimidated.

Ghostfoot
2017-12-06, 05:53 AM
One of the grimy crossbowmen calls out nervously to the dwarf "Ah...boss. That ain't no pony. You sure 'bout this?"

The dwarf rubs his eyes and squints into the setting sun, trying to get a better look as Primus utters a low growl bunching ready to defend his master. As his bleary eyes focus he pales and reaches out to steady himself as he properly takes in the 'travelers' he sought to abuse.

"Oh, no trouble 'ere. We was just havin' a laff, that's all. Ye'll be off to slay dragons or such. Maybe you consort with 'em. None o' my business. As you were. We'll be off now." He starts slowly moving backward clearly looking to bolt at any opportunity.

Cavir
2017-12-06, 09:48 AM
Keston moves up closer to the front of the group. "Yes, you are wise to get a good look at these beasts. They are overly protective of us. Which of you think you can outrun them? Try to run and they'll cut you down. Try to shoot them and- " His eyes turn to a magical glowing white. "I'll use Mystra's Might to bring the trees alive to stomp you. If you want to live, put your weapons down and take a knee."

BelGareth
2017-12-06, 11:35 AM
Looking to Keston, he nods "Are we looking for sport today or should we let them go do you think?" he says, slight smile half across his face.

Turning back to them, "Eh, I'm not seeing anything worth the effort, we should let them go, they're free to harass whoever else goes down this way."

At the same time, a shadowy form appears near the dwarf, with raised hackles it seems to growl, though, no noise comes from the shadow.