PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Unchained Summoner Tag Team

Jack Scoundrel
2016-10-04, 01:23 PM
I just recently binge watched Fate/Zero on Netflix and now really want to start an unchained summoner. I really like the idea of having a built in team when I come to a table (this is for pfs unless I find a new group). Basic idea or the character right now is that one of his parents was a powerful enough spellcaster to bind a outsider to their son on as a death geas. I was thinking more along the lines of an outsider they worked with a few times (summon planar ally style) and in a typical story plot style device, the edidolon's power is dampened being bond to a child. So, wishing to free itself and return to it's natural state of power, the edidolon keeps pushing the child to adventure.

That's the loose and rough idea. I wanted to keep it a good aligned edidolon (i like playing heroes). Right now Azata and Agrathion are the two that I'm bouncing between. Azata I would go with a more damage based, agressive build (two-handed power attack) and Agrathion a more defender build (sword/board). The real question is how do I build my character?

I could go the archer support route, but I also enjoy the idea of a reach weapon trip/disarm idea. It will also be a delicate balance of teamwork feats since both an unchained summoner and an edidolon is starved for feats. So what I'm asking is for people to just shoot out some suggestions on builds or link any guides (I've had bad luck finding unchained guides).