PDA

View Full Version : Storm King's Thunder 5e [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Belac93
2016-10-04, 06:18 PM
You've been traveling along the High Road for days. As evening approaches, you spot a wooden signpost next to a trail that heads north into the hills. Nailed to the post are three arrow-shaped signs. The two marked "Water* deep" and "Daggerford" follow the High Road but point in opposite directions. The third, marked "Nightstone," beckons you to follow the trail. If memory serves, Night* stone is roughly ten miles up the trail.

Welcome to the game! The time is about an hour before it gets dark, and you have all been traveling together for at least 8 hours. You all have some reason to go to Nightstone, feel free to roleplay before you either push on into the night, or rest.

2D8HP
2016-10-04, 06:58 PM
Riardon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887)
(wood elf fighter):
It feels good to see the sun setting.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-04, 07:31 PM
It's been a good day so far, can't wait to see Nightstone. Anyone have ever set foot there?

Lioslaith
2016-10-04, 08:08 PM
The tree stump that was Ahira plodded along with the others seemingly always in a foul mood to those that didn't know him. He snorted up some spittle before he spoke, *KSNNNOOORRRT* *spitoo* Aye, Der be a humie what owes me fer a job I did, never paid up. But 'ee will dis time be it gold err flesh."

After pausing just long enough for his companions to start to wonder if something was wrong he didn't disappoint them "So, we be stopping ta eat soon den, aye?"

Fishybugs
2016-10-05, 06:10 PM
Syravel Sheverrash, 1st level Druid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=954931)

"Yes, Varga, it has been a good day for travelling. I just hope--" Syravel steps back from the dwarf as he starts making noises which should not come from any type of creature, wondering if pieces of lung would be getting spit up as well.

"Well. I hope that doesn't happen again. He pauses a moment to make sure his travelling companion is okay. He has an appetite so he must be okay.

"What was I saying? Ah yes, I hope the last bit of this journey has been as pleasant as the rest." His face scrunches in a bit of doubt as he looks again at Ahira.

Lioslaith
2016-10-05, 06:49 PM
"Well, ifnwe be walkin err sleepin either way I bees eatin." Ahira walks over to the sign post giving it the once over and then takes a few steps beyond to find a spot to sit and eat.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-05, 06:58 PM
Varga smiled at the reaction over her dwarven friend. I still dont understand half what he's saying... maybe one day.
If i may, what do you seek in Nightstone?

Fishybugs
2016-10-05, 09:16 PM
Syravel Sheverrash, 1st level Druid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=954931)

Syravel cracks a rare smile at Varga's joke, then pauses and wonders if it was indeed a joke. He considers a moment, then answers the question. "Knowledge, mostly. The Circle has heard of things going on in the world that concerns them. I'm here to find out if what we've heard is true."

He pauses a moment then adds, "It could just be that Archdruid Forwind doesn't like me."

Gwendol
2016-10-05, 09:56 PM
Whichever it is, let's move on. We have about an our left of daylight, let's cover some ground. With some luck we'll be in a warm inn, enjoying a hot meal and some wine to loosen our tongues.
Lassion looks ahead along the trail, before easily stepping along it.

2D8HP
2016-10-05, 10:11 PM
(wood elf fighter):
I'm in no hurry, when the sun sets we will know if humans lurk about, by ttheir torches.

Gwendol
2016-10-06, 06:17 AM
Easy now, there are worse creatures than humans. Besides, our brothers in Ardeep forest are keeping an eye on them. I was planning on visiting them next, to seek support for our cause. Lassion replies, lightheartedly.

Lioslaith
2016-10-06, 06:21 AM
Whichever it is, let's move on. We have about an our left of daylight, let's cover some ground. With some luck we'll be in a warm inn, enjoying a hot meal and some wine to loosen our tongues.
Lassion looks ahead along the trail, before easily stepping along it.

Ahira stops his fire prep, "An Inn ye say, 'tween 'ere an Nightstone? I doana recall one but den wan't a lookin fer one last time I was troo 'ere. Dat'd be way better den rations over a fire!"

Sirithhyando
2016-10-06, 06:43 AM
Varga looked at her companion Knowledge, that's interesting, i'm kind of searching certain knowledge myself.
She smiled at Syravel comment Well, if he doesn't like you, i'm sure your presence with us will be appreciated.

As the others were talking about continuing, Varga looked ahead, wondering if there really might be an inn a day walk from Nightstone. Well, i dont mind the walk though we should stop as soon as we find a more suitable place for camp. I'd still prefer the outside... for now at least.

Lioslaith
2016-10-06, 09:29 AM
Figuring his memory wasn't nearly as flawed as he let on Ahira tries to recall a better place to camp.

[roll0]

Belac93
2016-10-06, 06:11 PM
You seem to remember a small cave that you holed up in once. You'll have your back to the wall in it, and the entrance is small, so it'll be hard for anyone to sneak up on you. it is [roll0] miles away however, so it'll take you three hours to get there, or just over 2 at at a brisk pace.

Lioslaith
2016-10-07, 06:14 AM
Ahira walks to the head of the group as he munches on some trail rations, "Ifn' dis Inn just 'appens ta not be der I know a cave a ways up dat be defendable ifn any beasties try ta make a meal of us."

He marches ahead, keeping that steady dwarven pace that his kin were famous for.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-07, 06:57 AM
Continuing on the precedent comment, Varga get closer to Syravel. I understood, "Cave", "Defendable" and "Meal"... if you understood the rest, we'll be good.[B]
She ends with a wink and get closer to the dwarf. In a fluent dwarven tongue she says [B]Lead the way my friend

Fishybugs
2016-10-07, 09:10 AM

Syravel blinks as he thinks on the dwarf's ramblings a moment before realizing Varga was joking with him. He jogs a bit to catch up with the group and starts the trek...supposedly toward...a defensible cave meal. As they walk, Syravel looks for any trees containing fruit he can quickly harvest to eat with the meal. Dry rations only tasted good...well...never, really.

Survival to find easily accessible fruit: [roll0]

Belac93
2016-10-07, 09:23 AM
You walk for just over 2 hours, and manage to get to a small opening in the rock. You squeeze your way in, and come to a 10 foot diameter cave, just large enough to stand up in for the tallest of you. It's a tight squeeze, but you can sleep comfortably in it for the night.

Syravel doesn't manage to find much fruit, but he does seek out a wild potato patch near a farm, and harvests [roll0] pounds of potatos (1 pound can feed someone for a day).

Now would be the time to establish a watch order, and also where everyone is in relation to the 4 foot wide, 3 foot tall cave entrance. It is a 10 foot mostly circular cave.

Lioslaith
2016-10-07, 09:38 AM
Once everyone is in, Ahira will choose a place near the entrance to sleep, after he eats of course. "I'll take whatere watch ye need me to."

Anything will work for me. We have a couple races that don't require 8 hours sleep nor do they have to recover spells. Feel free to fit me in anywhere.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-07, 09:53 AM
Varga gets in the cave with the others. It's... a nice little place, we'll sleep well here. I'll take the watch deep into the night. For now... Varga looks at the potatoes Syravel found. What do you say if we try to get some rabbit to go with those? She goes back outside the cave and pull on the string of her bow to get a feel of it. She now looks what she could get for meat.

Searching for small animal to eat; or spiders... would be funny to see the others face if she gets back with spiders.
Joke aside, perception [roll0] or survival? [roll1]

Belac93
2016-10-07, 12:51 PM
Varga manages to catch and kill a rabbit, that weighs [roll0] pounds. Altogether, this is enough to feed all of you.

Lioslaith
2016-10-07, 02:05 PM
Ahira sits calmly by the little fire watching the smoke rise out of the cave. Most would consider him a noise with dirt on it, even filthy by elven standards, but he was true to the end. If he called you friend then that was that an nothing would change his mind. Crunching his portion of the rabbit, bones and all, he asks "So, who be doin da first watch?"

2D8HP
2016-10-07, 02:23 PM

Shall we pitch copper pieces for it?

Fishybugs
2016-10-07, 03:00 PM

"No need. I'll be happy to take first watch." Syravel pulls his scimitar from its sheath and sits cross-legged near the mouth of the cave.

A few perception checks for Syravel's shift in case they are needed....

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Belac93
2016-10-08, 08:46 PM
The night passes without much event, and you dine on a meal of rabbit and potatos, with some salting. In the morning, you set off again.

After following the trail for two miles, you hear the ringing of a bell. The sound grows louder as Nightstone comes into view. A river flows around the settlement, forming a moat. The village itself is contained within a wooden palisade, beyond which you see a windmill, a tall steeple, and the high-pitched rooftops of several other buildings.

Apart from the ringing of the bell, you detect no other ac* tivity in the village. The trail ends before a lowered draw* bridge that spans the moat. Beyond the drawbridge, two stone watchtowers flank an open gap in the palisade.

South of the village and surrounded by the river moat is a cone-shaped, flat-topped hill on which stands a stone keep enclosed by a wooden wall. The keep, which overlooks the village, has partially collapsed. A wooden bridge that once connected the keep to the village has also partially collapsed.

Something is wrong with the town. The draw bridge shouldn't be down, and the buildings shouldn't be collapsed.

2D8HP
2016-10-09, 12:05 AM

Looks like Nighttime was a town that expected trouble, and got it.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-09, 06:34 AM
I'm in favor to run toward the bell. Someone is probably in danger. Or would at least have insight about what's happening. Follow me if you want, if you dont, well, i'll keep to the shadows when i enter the city.
Varga start dashing toward the city.

Lioslaith
2016-10-09, 07:45 AM
Ahira breaks into a run alongside Varga, a look on his face a mixture of grim determination and gore. It's a tad unsettling.

Belac93
2016-10-09, 11:53 AM
The drawbridge is lowered when the party first arrives. It is 20 feet long, 10 feet wide, and made of sturdy oak planks. Iron chains bolted to the drawbridge connect to winch mechanisms in the nearby watchtowers.

Two watchtowers flank the entrance to the village, form*ing a gatehouse of sorts. They are 10 feet wide and long, and 20 feet tall. Through the entrance to the town, you can see 2 unusually large doglike figures, who appear to be eating something in the town square...

You notice odd indentations in the grass outside the village. You may make a Survival Check.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-09, 12:55 PM
Stealth : [roll0]; Perception : [roll1]

As Varga enter the city, the unsettling sight makes her more cautious. She goes to the side of a building trying to get closer to the dog-like figure without taking their attention.

Perception to identify the creature and, if possible, locate the bell. Quick question, is the bell still ringing?

Belac93
2016-10-09, 01:15 PM
Perception to identify the creature and, if possible, locate the bell. Quick question, is the bell still ringing?

Identifying the creature would be a nature check, so I'll use that as your check. The bell is easy to locate, it doesn't require a check.

You are uncertain what the creatures are, but they appear to hear you! They turn around and raise their hackles, ready to fight. Varga and Ahira are 30 feet away from them, and everyone else is still out by the drawbridge, 65 feet away.

PCs
Monsters

I added a hit points for PCs section to the OOC tab.

PCs may act. Any order is fine.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-09, 01:34 PM
Knowing her companion close, Varga decide to quickly climb the building to assist him from a distance and also to have a more global view of the surroundings.

She climbs the building while dashing to get up there in one round.

Lioslaith
2016-10-09, 02:04 PM
Ahira barrels into the town never breaking stride and heads straight for the creatures hoping they aren't eating the townsfolk. He knows better, (at least in his mind he is certain that's what they are) hopefully the one that owes him money isn't being eaten.

I assume I can't attack yet since you have a distance to the creatures. If I can then I'll edit him barreling into them.

2D8HP
2016-10-09, 02:24 PM

Perception:
[roll0]

Survival:
[roll1]

Belac93
2016-10-09, 02:46 PM
You notice that the grass indentations are footprints. There are several dozen humanoid ones leading out of the village, and a dozen or so smaller ones leading in. There is also a pair of oversized wolf footprints leading into the town.

Your ranger senses let you discern the groups exact numbers. There are 37 leading out, and 15 leading in.

You now have a decent idea of the town's layout, and can sketch it if you have some time.

Sorry about the numbers, this was the only image I could get.
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o710/Belac93/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%2012.43.22%20PM_zpsdt5rj3eb.png

Gwendol
2016-10-10, 09:33 AM
Perception +4, adv vs humanoids: [roll0], [roll1]
Survival (tracking) +4, adv vs humanoids: [roll2], [roll3]

Lassion readies his bow as the group advances towards the village, looking for traces of what might have befallen the place.

Belac93
2016-10-10, 10:59 AM
Lassion discerns that the tracks are headed north, towards the forest.

Just going to wait for Syravel to post, and then we'll move on.

Gwendol
2016-10-10, 02:43 PM
Tracks leading both out and in to the village... Maybe the villagers have managed to flee? In that case they've sought refuge north, in the forest. And whoever attacked them are probably still in there. Lassion quietly says, pointing towards the fortified village. He moves swiftly onwards.

Fishybugs
2016-10-10, 09:52 PM
Syravel draws his scimitar and follows Lassion.

Belac93
2016-10-10, 11:32 PM
Tracks leading both out and in to the village... Maybe the villagers have managed to flee? In that case they've sought refuge north, in the forest. And whoever attacked them are probably still in there. Lassion quietly says, pointing towards the fortified village. He moves swiftly onwards.

Syravel draws his scimitar and follows Lassion.

So, your actions are to move 30 feet closer to the fighting? It's not like you can't attack from here, if you want to.

Gwendol
2016-10-11, 01:01 AM
While running towards the town, Lassion draws his bow and fires an arrow at one of the figures, having fired he quickly reaches for another arrow without breaking his stride.

OOC: attack +5 [roll0], damage (+2 vs humanoids): [roll1]

Gwendol
2016-10-11, 07:44 AM
Looking ahead, the elf tries remembering anything about dog-like humanoids, as well as trying to catch any hidden dangers in the vicinity.

Int (nature, adv) +2: [roll0], [roll1], Perception +4 (adv vs humanoid): [roll2], [roll3]

Belac93
2016-10-11, 08:56 AM
Round 2

Lassion's Arrow sinks into the skin of one of the beasts, and it lets out a slight whimper. Slavering, it lunges at Ahira, it's teeth sinking into his arm. It tries to wrench him off his feet, but the stubborn dwarf easily resists it.

5 damage to Ahira.

The other animal charges at Lassion, leaving it's flank open to Ahira as it does. It leaps, but the elf manages to duck under it's attack.

Ahira gets a opportunity attack against the one attacking Lassion.

PCs are up. Anyone except Ahira can get to the one attacking Lassion without dashing.

Lioslaith
2016-10-11, 09:31 AM
Ahira's opportunity attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

*edit: Initiative or no?

Fishybugs
2016-10-11, 10:32 AM

Syravel closes to about 25 feet from the creature. "pican fwe," he mutters as he rears his hand back in a throwing motion. At the apex of the move, a glowing, slightly spiked, tendril appears in Syravel's hand and he lashes out with it at the creature.

Cast Thorn Whip. Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage and [roll2] for crit if needed.

Landing far wide of the target, Syravel looks puzzled for a moment, and the whip dissipates into the Weave.

2D8HP
2016-10-11, 11:36 AM

Fires arrow at creature that is attacking Lassion

Longbow
Attack::
[roll0]

Damage::
[roll1]

Gwendol
2016-10-12, 01:24 AM
Swiftly side-stepping the creature, Lassion draws one of his knives and attempts to stab the beast.

Attack (+5): [roll0], damage: [roll1]

Lioslaith
2016-10-12, 09:07 AM
Ahira takes another swipe at the thing that bit him, his blood beginning to boil...

[roll0]
[roll1]

*or not.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-13, 06:51 AM
Varga prepare an arrow that she let loose to the one attacking her companion.

Attack : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]
Sneak Attack : [roll2]
If crit, add :
[roll3]
[roll4]

Belac93
2016-10-13, 08:41 AM
Round 3
Ahira tries to slice into the dogs with his axe, but his anger and slight pain prevent him from achieving his goal. Varga and Syravel's attacks go wide, missing the dogs and slamming harmlessly into the dust.

The dog attacking Ahira opens it's jaws to bite his face, but he reaches out and jams his shield into it's mouth. It wriggles, but is unable to get in a good attack.

The dog attacking Lassion snaps forward, only to get an arrow in the flank and a knife in the leg for it's troubles.

PC's are up.

Lioslaith
2016-10-13, 08:48 AM
Ahira watches the dog thing slobber over his shield and that sets him off.... He roar's back at the thing, "RRRAWWWRRRRR"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Going into a rage, if that wasn't obvious, lol

Gwendol
2016-10-13, 09:24 AM
Lassion keeps up the attack, stabbing the beast once more.

Attack +5: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

2D8HP
2016-10-13, 10:07 AM
AC:15, HP:12, Perception:15

Since Ahira suffered damage, if Riardon'has a clear line if sight, he stops firing arrows at the creature Lassion is fighting, and instead fires an arrow at the creature that is attacking Ahira.

Longbow
[roll0]

[roll1]

Fishybugs
2016-10-13, 11:02 AM
Syravel repeats his attack against the same creature.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage. Stupid auto-correct. Mixed Syravel's name.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-14, 11:53 AM
Varga shoot another arrow at the same target.

Sneak attack : [roll2]

if crit, add :
[roll3]
[roll4]

Belac93
2016-10-16, 12:10 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dog 1: 25 Damage
Dog 2: 31 damage (dead)

Belac93
2016-10-16, 12:17 AM
Round 4

Ahira bashes at the creature in a rage, but it still won't let go. It seems on the verge of getting away, when Riardon and Varga's arrows cut through it's head and into the ground below. It falls to the ground, dead.

Lassion and Syravel attack the other beast, and it sways woozily. It lets out a startled yelp as Syravel's whip curls around it's midsection and towards him, and it attempts to bite at the elf who's thorns are holding it, but is unable to quite reach him. It seems to be on it's last legs, just barely able to stand.

PC's are up, dog by Ahira is dead.

2D8HP
2016-10-16, 12:42 AM

Fires arrow at the other beast.

Longbow
d20×5

[roll0]

2D8HP
2016-10-16, 12:44 AM

Fires arrow at the other beast.

Longbow
[roll0]

Lioslaith
2016-10-16, 07:36 AM
If Ahira can make it to the other dog he will run in and attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sirithhyando
2016-10-16, 02:05 PM
Varga prepare an arrow and wait for the last creature to be busy with one of her companion to shoot it.

Ready action : As soon as the creature is in melee with one of Varga companion, she shoot. All for her to gain her sneak attack :smallbiggrin:
Sneak Attack : [roll2]
If crit, add :
[roll3]
[roll4]

Belac93
2016-10-16, 02:27 PM
it was already in melee with Syravel

Varga's arrow strikes the beast's chest, and it falls down dead.

Combat over.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-16, 04:13 PM
Varga stays on the roof a moment looking around if she sees any movement in town.

Perception : [roll0]

Belac93
2016-10-16, 04:35 PM
Varga stays on the roof a moment looking around if she sees any movement in town.

Perception : [roll0]

She doesn't, but the bell is still going off inside the temple, quite loudly.

Now that the battle is over, you notice that there are large rocks everywhere, which appear to have been thrown from a great height... each one is about 3 feet in diameter.

2D8HP
2016-10-16, 05:23 PM

Heads inside the town walls to look for villagers

Perception::
[roll0]

Survival:
[roll1]

Sirithhyando
2016-10-16, 05:54 PM
Varga got close to the edge of the chapel to be able to talk to her companions There's lots of huge rocks everywhere in town, it seems they were thrown... while you go make yourself useful and see inside, i'll keep a lookout.

Lioslaith
2016-10-17, 06:15 AM
After tearing a piece or two off the dog thing Ahira starts to calm his breathing and comes down from his rage. Hearing Varga's voice he nods and heads inside the building where the bell is ringing.

Gwendol
2016-10-17, 09:13 AM
Lassion wipes his blade off the fur of the fallen beast before sheathing the dagger. Let me go first into the bell house. he says, matter of factly, nocking another arrow to his bow.

On seeing the boulders, there is a passing impression of acknowledgement, Giants... he says, quietly.

Signaling the others to line up behind, Lassion quietly moves towards the bell house, fairly confident those inside will not hear the approach.

Stealth +5 [roll0], perception +5 [roll1], initiative (+3, adv): [roll2], [roll3]

2D8HP
2016-10-17, 09:44 AM

Follows Lassion*

Stealth::
[roll0]

Initiative:
[roll1]

Fishybugs
2016-10-17, 12:13 PM

Syravel follows the group, strengthening his grip on his scimimtar as he walks. His head swivels alertly as he walks, but the gravel crunches beneath his feet, nonetheless.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

Lioslaith
2016-10-17, 12:22 PM
Seeing the procession sneaking into the bell building Ahira nods to his friend on the roof and heads around the back to see if there is a back door to the place.

Belac93
2016-10-17, 09:33 PM
Ahira does not manage to find a back door. You enter the temple, the door wide open. Sunlight pours into the high-vaulted chamber through four stained-glass windows set into the north and south walls. Beneath the windows are plain wooden benches. The room is mostly empty otherwise. Standing against the back wall is a wooden pulpit with steps leading up to it. The floor of the temple is composed of dirt.

Set into the west wall, north of the pulpit, is a half* open door. The ringing appears to be coming from behind it.

Gwendol
2016-10-18, 12:28 AM
Lassion approaches the origin of the bell-ringing stealthily.

Lioslaith
2016-10-18, 06:19 AM
Ahira makes a circle of the building and noting no other exits he comes back and parks himself at the front door, not going inside so as to not disturb the sneaks.

Belac93
2016-10-18, 09:13 AM
Lassion enters the room. It contains a plain wooden bed. The mattress has been torn open and its straw pulled out. The floor is strewn with the contents of two open wooden chests: priestly vestments and worthless personal ef*fects.

There are two goblins gleefully pulling on the bell, as the ringing seems to delight them. When Lassion comes in, they giggle and drop. The smaller one laughs. "Beedo, seems we gots an elf."

The other giggles. "Vark, whassa good elf?"

"Beedo, onny good elf..."

"Is a dead elf!"

The two goblins charge Lassion, their swords swinging. Lassion manages to catch Beedo's sword, but Vark, short as he is, manages to slip past and slice at his leg.

"Good shot Vark! No legs means no run!"

The PCs are up. Lassion takes 3 damage.

Fishybugs
2016-10-18, 10:08 AM

Syravel rushes into the room in the defense of his friend, scimitar flashing in a downward stroke toward the closest goblin.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Lioslaith
2016-10-18, 10:10 AM
Hearing the goblin voices Ahira turns on his heel and charges inside to attack, growling at the goblins. " Der be no elf killin on my watch!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

2D8HP
2016-10-18, 12:19 PM
If he see's the Goblins he attacks
Longbow or Rapier (same mods)
[B]Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Sirithhyando
2016-10-18, 03:02 PM
Well, beside the bell ringing stopping, Varga probably isn't aware of the goblin so she's staying up there. :smallcool:

Varga look around however she can see from up there for traces of blood or any habitants of the village... dead or alive.

Perception : [roll0] and insight (or investigation? would be +5 instead of +1): [roll1]
She's trying to find clues as to what happened and how it happened. Well, the flow of the event and maybe how long ago it was if possible.

Lioslaith
2016-10-18, 03:18 PM
I'd say there's a pretty good chance she heard Ahira holler about the goblins. Even if the building is 2 stories she's still only about 20' away from him.

Gwendol
2016-10-19, 09:23 AM
Lassion curses as the goblins overtake him before he's able to bring his bow to bear. I'm not dead yet, goblin. he snarls, flinching slightly from the pain.
With a fluid motion Lassion drops the bow and draws a knife, stabbing and slashing at Vark. His other hand reaches for the second knife, and with a spinning motion the elf attempts a second attack at Vark, if he is still standing, otherwise Beedo.

Attack Vark +5 [roll0], damage +2 [roll1], bonus action attack +5 [roll2], damage [roll3]

Belac93
2016-10-19, 09:33 AM
The goblin's laughs are quickly cut short as the four adventurers quickly and efficiently turn them to meat pulp.

Combat over.

On the floor, you notice a pair of sacks that the goblins were carrying. One of them contains three incense blocks, a silver holy symbol of Mielikki, and some worthless looking wooden rings and personal effects. The other contains three empty vials labeled 'holy water,' and a box containing 37 cp. and 15 sp.

Lioslaith
2016-10-19, 09:44 AM
Ahira slings the blood off his axe and walks back outside calling to Varga, "Oiy, we kilt da gobbo's! what ya seein up der?"

Fishybugs
2016-10-19, 09:51 AM

Syravel frowns a bit and looks at the blood dripping from Ahira's axe, then looks at his pristine blade, shiny as the day the smith delivered it to his door. He pauses another moment, then follows Ahira out the door. "Yes. We got them."

Maybe I should stick to magic, he thinks to himself.

Lioslaith
2016-10-19, 10:06 AM
"Whadda we tink happened, giants? Dem gobbo's did na bring dem boulders in 'ere. Why dey attack dis place?" Ahira pauses for a moment in his wonderings as he looks around. "An where be all da people?"

2D8HP
2016-10-19, 10:09 AM
Riardon:
AC:15, HP:12, Perception:15 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887)

Gathers any useable arrows he can find.

Standard operating procedure.

You suspect that they might be giants?

Lioslaith
2016-10-19, 10:32 AM
Ahira wanders through the courtyard of the village as he survey's the area. Tapping on one of the boulders with his axe as he answers, "Sure'n twenrt no gobbo's dat launched dees in here. What else could it be?"

He stops briefly, picks up some dirt and rubs it on the dog bite, grimacing a bit but smiling as well.

Sirithhyando
2016-10-19, 08:47 PM
so, is there any thing Varga see from up there? If the boulder were thrown, there should be some dead towns people still on the ground? Maybe some hint on how long it was? If it was something like the night before, there might be survivors. (not that Varga care much :smalltongue:)

I dont seem to have a good view Ahira. I'm coming down, let's search for survivors or hint of when it might have happened. Varga looks at her companion axe... What the hell did you find in there? Well, not that it matters when it comes to you, i suppose it wasn't too much for you my friendly dwarf.
Thinking a moment Giant would be the safe bet though it still sound strange. What would make giants attack this place.
She start counting the group Let's separate and make a quick search for survivors around town. I'll go with Ahira towards the northern part and lets join back toward the small keep. Let's make that place our last search.

2D8HP
2016-10-19, 09:02 PM

looks for the fate of the villagers and any tracks.

Perception
[roll0]

Survival:
[roll1]

Belac93
2016-10-21, 10:50 AM

looks for the fate of the villagers and any tracks.

Perception
[roll0]

Survival:
[roll1]

You notice that the grass indentations are footprints. There are several dozen humanoid ones leading out of the village, and a dozen or so smaller ones leading in. There is also a pair of oversized wolf footprints leading into the town.

Your ranger senses let you discern the groups exact numbers. There are 37 leading out, and 15 leading in.

You already did this.

Lioslaith
2016-10-21, 11:04 AM
While he waits for the trackers, Ahira bends a knee to inspect what the dog things were eating.

Belac93
2016-10-21, 11:25 AM
While he waits for the trackers, Ahira bends a knee to inspect what the dog things were eating.

They were eating the corpse of a dog, who appears to have been bitten to death.

Lioslaith
2016-10-21, 11:36 AM
Frowning down at the dog, "Oiy, anny-ah-ya find where da villagers mighta went? I tain't seen no dead bodies."

Fishybugs
2016-10-21, 02:01 PM

Syravel stands guard while the others are searching, looking around the town for anything moving aside from the dogs.

Gwendol
2016-10-23, 05:12 PM
We should continue to explore the village; either the villagers managed to flee, and won't return until the goblins are gone, or they may still hold out somewhere in which case we should try and rescue them. They should be able to tell us more about the attack. Shall we move onward? There's a large building behind the temple, let's see what it holds. Lassion suggests, not really quite knowing what to do next, other than knowing he's on to finding out more about the giants he's been hearing about.

2D8HP
2016-10-23, 05:59 PM
We should continue to explore the village..... Lassion suggests.....

Riardon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887):
Yes

Fishybugs
2016-10-23, 06:09 PM

Syravel considers a few moments. "I could, I guess...look around a little more...see if I can pick up something? Though I believe Riardon has already determined the villagers have left."

Belac93
2016-10-23, 07:11 PM
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]"I could, I guess...become a bloodhound...see if I can pick up some scents?

Not until 2nd level you can't.

Gwendol
2016-10-24, 02:37 AM
Picking up his bow once more, Lassion moves stealthily towards the large building facing the square (building 8 on the map).

Sirithhyando
2016-10-24, 08:15 AM
Standing beside Ahira, Varga nod to her companion Come, let's look around and get rid of remaining goblins if there are still some.

wont be here for a couple of days.

Belac93
2016-10-24, 07:45 PM
Lassion enters the building, which appears to be a destroyed inn. The remains of a bed and a wardrobe lie among the shattered dining room furnishings, apparently fallen through from the large hole in the ceiling. Two smaller round tables and several chairs remain intact, and resting atop each table is an unlit oil lamp.

A dead goblin is lying in the middle of the floor, with a crossbow bolt through it's chest.

A shuffling sound is coming from the kitchen.

Everyone make a perception check.

2D8HP
2016-10-24, 07:58 PM
Everyone make a perception check.Riardon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887):

Fishybugs
2016-10-24, 11:49 PM
Syravel looks around.

Gwendol
2016-10-25, 01:27 AM
Lassion tenses slightly at the sound, trying to determine what may cause it.

Perception +4, adv vs humanoids [roll0], [roll1]

Lioslaith
2016-10-25, 06:44 AM
Ahira's perception roll (and apologies for what he is about to do....)

[roll0]

*action pending roll results*

Belac93
2016-10-25, 08:40 AM
You notice a female shape lurking in the hole in the ceiling. She was not the one making the noise from the kitchen.

Gwendol
2016-10-25, 09:01 AM
Lassion points to the hole in the ceiling before signing to the female to stay silent. Stealing forward he hopes to catch whatever is moving about in the kitchen unaware.

Stealth +5 [roll0], Init (+3, adv) [roll1], [roll2]

Lioslaith
2016-10-25, 09:08 AM
Ahira yells out to whatever is making the noise, "Oiy! Ya nit, be ye a gobbo! Get yer arse out here ta meet yer fate!" He brandishes his axe and shield ready for an assault stepping forward so if the girl in the hole wanted to get down she'd be behind him.

I think I got ninja'd, Ahira is yelling at whatever is in the kitchen (the female goblin)

Belac93
2016-10-25, 09:11 AM
Lassion sneaks into the kitchen. The northwest corner, which appeared to have been a pantry, has been destroyed by a fallen rock, leaving the room open to the air. The floor is covered in broken dishes and silverware, and the north wall is a stone fireplace.

A female goblin with her back turned to you is stuffing food into a sack that she could fit in, and muttering to herself about being hungry. She appears to be unarmed.

The woman in the ceiling waves back, and begins walking towards the stairs to get down.

Fishybugs
2016-10-25, 09:44 AM

Syravel follows Lassion and Ahira into the kitchen. Ugh. Goblins are so very uncouth.

Gwendol
2016-10-26, 01:31 AM
Lassion draws his bow and aims carefully before calling out: Oi, goblin! Surrender or die.

Ready action to fire on the goblin should she try to run away, or attack. Rolling for the attack just in case (w adv): [roll0], [roll1]. Damage (+2 vs humanoids): [roll2]

Belac93
2016-10-26, 08:34 AM
The goblin makes a quick peek over her shoulder, and screams. "Please don tak ma food!" She opens her sack and jumps into it. "Surrender! Leave I wit food please! Be good goblin!"

Gwendol
2016-10-26, 09:47 AM
Play nice and you'll be fine. Why did you attack the town? the elf asks while sidling up to the damaged wall, venturing a look outside to see if the back of the building is clear from enemies.

Fishybugs
2016-10-26, 10:23 AM

Syravel walks behind Lassion.

Ready an action: Thorn whip attack against the goblin. Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage

Lioslaith
2016-10-26, 10:30 AM
Ahira puts his axe away, waiting for the more eloquent members of the group to discuss the terms of this goblins surrender.

Belac93
2016-10-26, 09:14 PM
The goblin pokes her head out and shrugs. "Was weak after rocks fall, and people all gone to caves. We go and get food and shineys."

Gwendol
2016-10-27, 01:25 PM
What made rock fall? Giants? How many of you goblins are there? What tribe? Lassion continues his line of questioning.

OOC: Anyone else wanting to chime in please do. The elf ranger is not particularly smart or charming.

Lioslaith
2016-10-27, 03:28 PM
"Oiy, gobbo, ye take us to dem caves and ye kin have all da food here ye can carry." Ahira chimes in.

Fishybugs
2016-10-27, 03:31 PM

Syravel simply grunts his agreement with the others.

Gwendol
2016-10-28, 04:18 AM
Ahira, I'm not sure but I think the goblin says the villagers fled to the cave while the goblins are here, looting. Lassion looks at the goblin for confirmation.

Where did the woman go?

Lioslaith
2016-10-28, 05:26 AM
"Aye, dat she did laddie. She said the caves, so I'm tinking she knows where dem caves are. And dat she could lead us der. Udderwise we gotta kill her and all her kin fer being nasty looters, yes?" Ahira winks at the others letting them know he isn't serious. But with his back to the goblin so she can't see.

Belac93
2016-10-28, 06:54 PM
She seems readily willing to help at the mention of food, and introduces herself as Gum-gum. "I guess we drippy goblins now. Giants throw rocks down, and I dunno how many other goblins is here. More than one hand, but less than hands and feet." When you ask if she can take you to the cave, she moans. "Other goblins kill me if seen! Get rid of them, I take you to caves. Deal?" She spits on her hand, and holds it out expectantly.

The woman stumbles down the stairs, and appears to collapse at the bottom of them. She appears to be a blond, pale skinned woman in her mid thirties. She is wearing common clothes.

Fishybugs
2016-10-28, 06:59 PM

Syravel looks to the woman, then to the goblin. "Ohhhhh. It appears Gumgum was lying. That," he says gesturing to the woman. "doesn't look like she is in the caves." He pulls his scimitar from its sheath and he takes a few steps toward the goblin. "Gumgum said she was going to be good....and she lied. That's not good, is it guys?"

He pauses a moment for his friends' response then looks Gumgum in the eyes from one foot away and adds, "Now tell us what happened."

Intimidate (hopefully with advantage) roll[d20+1[/roll] or [roll0]

EDIT: Ooops..well, I'll take that.

Belac93
2016-10-28, 07:03 PM
"Didn't see her didn't see her!" Gum-gum shrieks, scrambling backwards. "People came to us! Home destroyed and they try to take shelter in our caves! Chief capture them and hold for food! She prolly knocked out by giant rock and left behind! No hurt me!"

Lioslaith
2016-10-28, 07:31 PM
Ahira shoulders his way between Syravel and the goblin. "Ere now, Aye, ye show us who ta kill an we'll take care o dem!" . He makes a big show of spitting in his hand and grabbing the goblins. Shaking it violently.

Belac93
2016-10-28, 08:18 PM
Gum-gum describes where the goblins are in the town. Although she cannot count, she seems to have an excellent memory. She draws a map in the dust as she talks.

"Gwerk got a shiny and is hiding in the that way-" she points east "watchtower." (area 2d) "She think I dunno, but I see her go there. Others in that watchtower." She points southeast (area 2e). "Larv and Snokk there. Pojo and Tot catching food in pig-place." (area 4c). "We couldn't get door of artsy house open, too hard. But might be shinies in there!" (area 4f). Blik and Flik are playng with pumpkins in pumpkin place. They can't see with fruit on heads, so be sneaky! (area 4g). "Derp looking in hayloft." (area 7b). "Jilk in trade place." (area 9). "Longo and Yek in windmill playing. They can climb really good." (area 10). "We no seen in big keep yet, no goblins there."

Sirithhyando
2016-10-29, 08:28 PM
Varga followed the others since the church and smiled all through the encounter with the lady-goblin. When she was finished talking about the goblin occupant of the town : I'm you all started asking question... i really was going to put an arrow between her eyes. Seems like the saying "a good goblin is a dead goblin" isn't always true after all. Varga plays with the arrow in her hand. Looks like it's going to have it's fun with another goblin anyway. She look at Gum-gum I dont like to do this... i'd rather they all be killed. Anyway, i'm just talking to myself. Are there too much goblins in the cave for us to save the townsfolk and bring them back here? If there's too much, what could we bargain with that goblin chief to get them back here?
Slightly before Gum-gum can start answering, Varga mumble to herself wonder if goblins have funeral rites... might be funny

Belac93
2016-10-29, 11:47 PM
"Chief no big problem. He just like shinies. Problem is all others, they never let you get close. Especially ogres. You surrender, maybe have chance. Or fight way through, or sneak. They see you at day though, so be careful. He like bargains, like them even more when sword at his throat."

Sirithhyando
2016-10-30, 02:59 PM
Varga thought a moment and then Well, we were coming here because it was the closest settlement. Though the share might have to go against our favor this time but... oh well. We were coming here to get help to bring hoard of treasures a bunch of troll let there to rot... well... She start laughing I'm sorry, they are still there... rotting. Yup, they're the one rotting... though i'm unsure if the smell can really get worse than when they were alive. She winks to the goblin before continuing. Do you think you could go to the chief on our behalf and have the townsfolk release? Of course, the one who's going on our behalf will have one of our share. Let's say we split the hoard with the goblin chief who would obviously take 80 percent of the loot then 20 percent to split between us. Varga's eyes glimmer Mmm thinking of all that gold... a stupid goblin could use that much to have a small army clothes in the finest mithril but you... i think you have potential... and vision. Such a great character, you could become so much. Help us, oh and i'll even give you a portion of my share... i see such great potential in you... such a fine goblin.

ok... enough flattery and now for some rolls in hope they help Varga.
Persuasion : [roll0]

Belac93
2016-10-30, 06:55 PM
"You lying about hoard." Gum-gum says, matter-of-factually. "But I go to him. Once all others are gone. And you go in first. Gum-gum yell from behind you."

Gwendol
2016-10-31, 05:31 AM
Lassion furrows his brow, not really pleased with the obvious distraction of talk of gold or loot. Shouldn't the loot be returned to the townsfolk? We are within our right to ask for a reward, but if we are to rescue the villagers I can't see us carrying off with their belongings. More importantly, where did the giants go after throwing the rocks, and what were they after? If they were still around I'm sure we'd heard from them by now.

Lioslaith
2016-10-31, 06:28 AM
"I say we clear da town first den figger out what ta do about dem villagers, aye?" Ahira says this to no one in particular and hefts his axe as he turns and heads towards the nearest reported goblin. "Beats a gobbo stick in the eye while we plan..."

Ahira will head to 4C, I think that's the closest goblins reported.

Fishybugs
2016-10-31, 10:10 AM

"Makes sense to me," Syravel says as he turns and follows Ahira.

Lioslaith
2016-10-31, 10:33 AM
Nodding to Syravel, Ahira heads towards the pig-place. Almost as an after thought, "Say, Syravel, ye can't happen ta be able ta fix dis 'ere dog bite kin ya?"

2D8HP
2016-10-31, 10:48 AM
Riardon,
AC: 15, HP: 12, Perception: 15 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887)
(wood elf fighter):
If we dare not risk, rescuing the villagers in the goblins caves, who are we clearing the town for? Or are we hoping to get hostages?
I'm doubtful that the goblin Chief will trade food for kin.

Lioslaith
2016-10-31, 11:01 AM
"As fer meself, I jest wanna clear a place out so we aint snuck up on and attacked whilst we make a plan ta save da villagers. Seems da best way ta do dat is ta kill what gobbo's are here first."

Ahira pauses for a second or two, "But iffn ye wanna try and take on goblins an ogres, mind ye she said more dan 1, be my guest!"

Fishybugs
2016-10-31, 11:49 AM

Syravel approaches Ahira and says, "Let me see that dog bite." He places one hand over the wound, the other on a silvered twig he wears around his neck. He mutters a few words and the wound begins to close. "Keep an eye on it. Dog bites are particularly nasty."

Cast cure wounds for [roll0]

Of course it's only a 4. Sheesh.

Lioslaith
2016-10-31, 11:52 AM
Nodding his thanks, Ahira makes a mental note of this one as a friend. "Aye, dat be just fine now. Only a little soreness still be in der, not much doh. Thank ye! Let's go kill some gobbo's!"

That works just fine! Was only down 5. Thanks!

Gwendol
2016-10-31, 11:56 AM
Yeah, better secure the perimeter, then worry about the villagers. If we have a position of strength I imagine the negotiations may be helped. Lassion prepares to follow the dwarf towards the nearest goblins, then pauses and looks at Gum-Gum:
We should perhaps tie you up first, just to be safe.

Lioslaith
2016-10-31, 12:19 PM
"Someone could just stay here wit her too..." Ahira says over his shoulder as he heads out of the building.

Belac93
2016-10-31, 06:08 PM
"Gum-gum swears she never leave! This is nice town, as long as nobody trying to kill you. Gum-gum stay here and eat. Besides, I am really good at untying stuff! Ropes not hold me for more than five minutes."

Belac93
2016-11-01, 06:24 PM
The group goes to the next house, where two goblins are chasing after a pair of chickens. They see the group, yell loudly, and hastily scramble about for their weapons.

Syravel and Lassion may go.

Fishybugs
2016-11-01, 06:29 PM

Syravel mutters, "mwiba mjeledi" under his breath, and makes a whipping motion with his left arm. A shimmering vine bursts into existence, lashing toward the closest goblin.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] damage and [roll2] if it crits

The whip strikes the goblin pretty soundly, but doesn't sink in well. Syravel uses the whip and pulls the goblin away from his partner, toward Lassion and himself.

Gwendol
2016-11-02, 02:38 AM
As they leave towards the next pair of goblins, Lassion turns to the woman. You may follow us, or stay here. We'll be back soon enough.

Approaching the goblins Lassion yells out: Yield or die, goblins!
He knocks an arrow to his bow and pulls back the string, making his point clear.

Belac93
2016-11-02, 10:14 AM
As they leave towards the next pair of goblins, Lassion turns to the woman. You may follow us, or stay here. We'll be back soon enough.

She does not reply. In your experience, unconcious or dead people usually don't.

Approaching the goblins Lassion yells out: Yield or die, goblins!
He knocks an arrow to his bow and pulls back the string, making his point clear.

The goblins yell, "Mage!" and keep coming. They cut at Syravel, and the injured one shrugs off the vines. The druid manages to deflect their attacks.

PC's are up.

the moon druid
2016-11-02, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone, i was wondering if i could i please be able to join your game i have a lvl 2 moon druid in 5e format for dnd that i could use as my character

Lioslaith
2016-11-02, 10:35 AM
Ahira moves to insert himself between the goblin and Syravel, "Ere ya nit! Attack me instead!" and attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I sent moon druid a pm about protocol

2D8HP
2016-11-02, 11:12 AM
Riardon,
(wood elf fighter)
AC: 15, HP: 12, Perception: 15
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887)
Checks status of unconscious women, attemps to revive her.

Not yet the long trance, please?

Wisdom: [roll0]

Belac93
2016-11-02, 11:45 AM
Ahira's axe slams into one of the goblins, cleaving through it's shoulder at rib cage. It falls to the ground.

Thanks for that.

The woman was unconscious, but Riardon manages to wake her up fine. She sits up and looks around, disoriented. "There was the rocks, and the giants, and the goblins OH! the goblins!"

It seems to you that the woman is being overly dramatic. She is obviously acting. For what purpose, you do not know.

Everyone but Ahira and Riardon may go.

Fishybugs
2016-11-02, 11:53 AM

Syravel frowns in annoyance. Why does my magic continue to fail me? He reaches his arm back again, and the same etheric whip-like vine reaches out toward the remaining goblin.

Attack with Thorn Whip: [roll0] for [roll1] and possible [roll2] crit damage

Gwendol
2016-11-03, 04:56 AM
Lassion lets go of the arrow, aiming at the remaining goblin.

Attack +5 [roll0], damage +2 vs humanoids [roll1]

Sirithhyando
2016-11-05, 06:39 AM
Varga follow the group and as they get into a fight with the goblins, she let loose an arrow toward the closest to her.

Hoping there's still one to shoot at. :smalltongue:
attack : [roll0] damage : [roll1] if crit : [roll2] and SA (she'll try to get a goblin where she can do it if possible) : [roll3]

Belac93
2016-11-05, 11:12 AM
Ahira slices one of the goblins almost in half, and everyone else unleashes a flurry of attacks on the second. He ducks, weaves, and outright lies down, dodging every one. He yells, and begins running away.

Goblin in 50 feet away

PCs are up.

2D8HP
2016-11-05, 11:27 AM
Riardon,
Asks women:

So first rocks, than goblins? How long?

Gwendol
2016-11-05, 03:38 PM
Lassion knocks another arrow to the bow and fires in one smooth motion.

attack +5: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Belac93
2016-11-05, 04:05 PM
Lassion's arrow takes the fleeing goblin in the back, and it falls to the ground, dead as a doornob.

Back with Riardon, the woman explains that she was knocked unconscious by the giant attack, and when she awoke, it had been no more than a day, but there were goblins everywhere. She killed one with her crossbow, but was to scared to try for freedom.

2D8HP
2016-11-05, 05:24 PM
Riardon,
Under breath in Elvish (Wood dialect)

So others go to slay more goblins, we leave one loose, and I'm with human women I don't trust?

черт побери!

Fishybugs
2016-11-06, 03:25 PM
Syravel looks at Ahira. "I may have to get an axe. I can't seem to hit anything."

Lioslaith
2016-11-06, 04:27 PM
Syravel looks at Ahira. "I may have to get an axe. I can't seem to hit anything."

"Bah, yee'll find yer nitch soon enough. Axin gobbos be my specialty."

Gwendol
2016-11-07, 02:08 AM
Why not pick up a goblin scimitar? They seem to cut well enough. Lassion comments dryly, looking at the shallow cut across his upper leg.

Fishybugs
2016-11-07, 12:55 PM
Syravel smiles, examines the slight cut, and determines it probably doesn't need healing yet. "Got one already...the bugger doesn't hit anything."

Sirithhyando
2016-11-08, 01:18 PM
Varga follows Ahira through out town with the others. At Syravel remark of her incapability to hit goblins, Varga speak under her breath (and under Ahira answer) not even sure she could hit the ground... she'd find a well or something
She start laughing looking out for other goblins.

Gwendol
2016-11-09, 11:21 AM
Where did Riardon go? Is he still back at the inn with the human? We should check on him and her before engaging other goblins. Lassion suggests.

Belac93
2016-11-14, 12:23 PM
The group valiantly charges around town, heroically eviscerating goblins as they go. It is almost to easy, and a couple of the goblins even were wearing pumpkins, so they couldn't see. A pair of the rascals managed to give the group some trouble by hiding in the rafters where it was hard to get them, but Syravel, in a show of ingenuity, managed to grab one and pull it to the ground with his thorn whip.

Eventually, the group returned to the inn, victorious.

Everyone may level up to level 2, and then we'll move on.

2D8HP
2016-11-14, 07:35 PM
Riardon,
(wood elf fighter)
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) upon seeing the party return
Good to see you back! The human lives! She said first giants, then goblins

(Whispers)

there is something about her I just don't trust. Be wary.

Gwendol
2016-11-15, 07:26 AM
Lassion acts as if he didn't hear Riardon's whisper, and turns towards the woman.
We've rid the village of marauding goblins, and haven't seen anyone else but you. What shall we call you? Are you from here, or a visitor staying at the inn?

Lioslaith
2016-11-16, 02:37 PM
Ahira listens to the report, his face lighting up at the mention of giants and then his eyes narrowing immediately at the lack of trust. His hands tighten on his axe making the leather wrapped wood creak in protest. He says nothing and merely waits for a response to Lassion's question.

Belac93
2016-11-19, 02:43 PM
"I'm a visitor." The woman says. "I'm a traveling monk on a pilgrimage. My name is Kella."

She is lying about being a traveling monk.

You hear a voice coming from outside, near the town gate. "Hello!? Anyone there!? Lower the drawbridge!" The call sounds like a middle-aged man.

Gwendol
2016-11-21, 05:12 AM
That must be from the side of the keep. Let's go have a look! Kella, will you come with us?

Sirithhyando
2016-11-23, 08:07 AM
Varga stays by Ahira side, listening to the conversations.

[roll0]

Belac93
2016-11-23, 09:38 AM
"Yes, yes of course." Kella says.

Will everyone head that way?

Lioslaith
2016-11-23, 09:57 AM
Yep. Ahira will at any rate.

Sirithhyando
2016-11-23, 10:29 AM
Varga is following to there too :smallbiggrin:

2D8HP
2016-11-23, 10:31 AM
Riardon,
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) joins the others to look and see what the commotion is
(Whispers)

maybe it's best if we don't reveal are presence yet

Gwendol
2016-11-23, 11:07 AM
You're right Riardon, let's scout ahead first. Kella, you might as well stay with Ahira for the time being.

Lassion looks to Ahira to lead the rear guard while stealthily moving towards the sound of the voice and see what lies beyond together with the other stealthy members of the party.

Stealth [roll0], perception (w adv vs humanoids) [roll1], [roll2]

Lioslaith
2016-11-28, 07:26 AM
Ahira nods and grips his axe, a small grin crossing his face at the caution displayed by his companions.

Fishybugs
2016-11-28, 09:53 AM
Definitely not being a stealthy member of the part, Syravel waits to see how things play out.

Belac93
2016-11-30, 10:04 AM
The group sneaks towards the wall, and carefully, they peer over. There appears to be a group of six humans, lead by a dark-skinned, smiling half-elf, who looks to be in his thirties. All are wearing light armour, and holding scimitars and shortbows. They have not noticed you, but the half-elf keeps calling for anyone to talk to. The seven of them are all riding horses.

Lioslaith
2016-11-30, 01:05 PM
Ahira can't stand it. He walks around the wall to where the people can see him. "Aye, I 'ere ya. What'r you a wantin?"

Belac93
2016-11-30, 11:19 PM
"We are humble bounty hunters, here to capture a murderer who was hiding in this town. Would you have seen her? She is middle aged, with blond hair and a scar down one cheek."

His description perfectly matches Kella, who jumps at the person who obviously knows her.

Gwendol
2016-12-01, 02:31 AM
Lassion looks at Kella for her reaction to the news, then returns looking at the newcomers while still hidden and silent. He signals to Riardon to do the same.

OOC: Rolls in OOC post.

Lioslaith
2016-12-01, 07:19 AM
Ahira opens his eyes wide in mock surprise, "Ack, a murderer ye say, 'ere?" Then his eyes narrow at the man, "Ye said she? Da murderer be a she? We just got 'ere, been clearin out da gobbo's what be lootin da town after da giant ... spits on the ground... attack. Ain't seen many townsfolk doh." Ahira steps slowly as he talks away from the others and where they are hiding, drawing the hunters attention towards him and away from them.

Belac93
2016-12-01, 09:53 AM
The man looks startled up at Ahira. "No townsfolk? Really?" He seems to think for a second, and then the smile returns to his face. "Well, any chance you could let us in, and we can come look for her? It would be a great help. If you help us capture her, you could have a share of the profits."

Lioslaith
2016-12-01, 10:06 AM
Tilting his head a little to the side Ahira asks, "Profit's ye say, what sort o profits we talkin 'bout 'ere?"

Fishybugs
2016-12-01, 10:48 AM
Syravel watches the conversation quietly, his head moving back and forth from the group to Ahira, almost as if watching a tennis match.

2D8HP
2016-12-01, 12:21 PM
Riardon,
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) try's to get to a good hiding place/observation point to act as a bow sniper if things get ugly.

Belac93
2016-12-01, 08:47 PM
Tilting his head a little to the side Ahira asks, "Profit's ye say, what sort o profits we talkin 'bout 'ere?"

"Well, the bounty is a thousand gold. I've got to pay me and my own, so what about this," he holds up a gemstone, which looks to be worth about 100 gold pieces, and a jingling purse. "And you let us spend the night in this here town. Sounds fair?"

Lioslaith
2016-12-02, 09:15 AM
Ahira keeps talking hoping the others are doing something with the lady, whether the story holds true or not. "Who be's puttin up da bounty fer dis murderer? Who'd she kill?"

Belac93
2016-12-02, 09:55 AM
Ahira keeps talking hoping the others are doing something with the lady, whether the story holds true or not. "Who be's puttin up da bounty fer dis murderer? Who'd she kill?"

Before I reply to this, do you mind rolling an insight check?

Lioslaith
2016-12-02, 10:31 AM
Ahira's insight check.

[roll0]

Belac93
2016-12-02, 07:43 PM
"Sheriff Uldhaven of Waterdeep. I'm not sure who she killed, it didn't really matter."

He is lying about something.

Fishybugs
2016-12-02, 08:54 PM
Syravel looks over to Kella to see how she is behaving during this verbal exchange. In Syravel's experience, those who described themselves as humble rarely were.

Gwendol
2016-12-05, 03:42 AM
Lassion remains vigilant throughout the exchange, curious to see how the dwarf will handle the bounty hunters. What they said about Kella seems to confirm Riardon's suspicion that she wasn't telling the truth, yet there could be many reasons for telling a lie. Lassion is also worried about a counterattack by goblins, or worse, and so scans the surrounding area now and again, while keeping an eye on both the group of bounty hunters, and their ward still standing with the druid.

Lioslaith
2016-12-05, 07:25 AM
Ahira shakes his head at the half-elf and squints his eyes at him, "Why ye be askin my permission ta stay 'ere?" Something about this didn't feel right. "We searched da town already, loft ta basement and ain't none 'ere but me an mine. I do tank ye fer tellin me who ta drag da murderer to ifn we find her first doh." He grins and winks at the man as he turns and heads away from the wall hiding the others, nodding as if in response to someone.

He is walking in the opposite direction of the rest of the party trying to draw attention away from them in case that isn't clear.

Belac93
2016-12-05, 09:56 AM
The man makes an easy bow. "I understand you not trusting us. However, are you sure you've checked everywhere? Including that very large keep on top of the hill?" He points out.

"Anyways, we will camp here for the night, since you have deigned to not let us in." The group begins setting up camp outside the moat.

Everyone, as this is happening, notices Kella attempting to sneak off.

Sirithhyando
2016-12-05, 11:30 AM
Varga sneak off to get to Kella and whisper to her. Dont flee, you'll be safe with us. Let's say you're not the only one with ugly ties to Waterdeep. She winks at her while saying this making sure only Kella heard her. Let's start by finding you a hiding place from even my friends, some might be too righteous for their own good.

Sneaking (stealth) : [roll0]

Perception for an hiding place [roll1]

By the way, i'm supposing i'm proficient in both skill. I cant access my sheet from here.

Gwendol
2016-12-06, 07:13 AM
Now what? Lassion mutters as Kella appears to be sneaking away. Leaving his vantage point he joins Kella and Varga. Have you seen these men before? Do you know why they are after you? he asks, rather urgently.

Insight +2 w adv: [roll0], [roll1]

Lioslaith
2016-12-06, 07:46 AM
Since they are not 'coming in' Ahira decides to ignore the bounty hunters and joins the group. "Oiy, da half fluff made a good point. Do we need ta be checkin out da keep now?"

Belac93
2016-12-06, 09:48 AM
Now what? Lassion mutters as Kella appears to be sneaking away. Leaving his vantage point he joins Kella and Varga. Have you seen these men before? Do you know why they are after you? he asks, rather urgently.

Insight +2 w adv: [roll0], [roll1]
"Yes, yes I've seen them." She says, her head whipping frantically from side to side. "They're after me because they want to use me. They want to take over the town!"
Where do you keep getting your advantage from? Your advantage against humanoids only applies to intelligence checks to recall information, and your tracking checks.

Also, she appears to be telling the truth, but it still seems a little off.

Fishybugs
2016-12-06, 11:05 AM
"Which town? How would they 'use' you?" The behavior of townspeople always confused Syravel. Why couldn't everyone just get along for the betterment of the community?

Gwendol
2016-12-07, 02:36 AM
I think she means this village, right? And I wonder the same as Syravel; what use is a travelling monk to the Bounty Hunters or mercenaries, or whatever they are?
Lassion asks calmly, hoping to defuse the situation.

Lioslaith
2016-12-07, 07:25 AM
Ahira point blank asks Kella, "So, did ye murder someone? Sumthin bout dem hunters makes me teeth itch."

Belac93
2016-12-07, 10:55 AM
"I don't know what they want to use me for. And I haven't killed anyone!"

Lioslaith
2016-12-07, 02:33 PM
Ahira nods as if the matters settled, "Aye, let's go check out da keep den."

[roll0] Just in case it matters, likely the roll wont be good enough anyway.

Fishybugs
2016-12-07, 05:24 PM
Something about this whole situation bothered Syravel, but since he couldn't articulate what it was, he concedes to checking out the keep.

2D8HP
2016-12-07, 05:49 PM
Riardon,
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) if he can hear the others, and leave his hiding place without being seen by the "bounty hunters", goes to join the rest of the party.

Gwendol
2016-12-08, 02:04 AM
Lassion nods and follows Ahira towards the keep.

Belac93
2016-12-08, 10:35 AM
The group climbs up to the keep, and steps over the great double doors. The hall appears half destroyed by rubble, but there are two men and two women who appear to be guards, and are arguing over the body of a finely-dressed woman.

Lioslaith
2016-12-08, 11:14 AM
"Oiy now, whats all dis den?" Ahira asks as he approaches the guards carefully.

He isn't stalking up on them like he wants to attack, just approaching open handed, trying to look non-threatening.

Belac93
2016-12-08, 12:18 PM
"Oh thank the gods, people!" The guards say. They introduce themselves as Sydiri, Torem, Alara, and Kaelen. The dead lady on the table was Lady Velrosa Nandar, the high stewardess of Nightstone. They give you a firsthand story of what happened here, with more detail than anyone else has. It seems that four pale-skinned giants were after the town's namesake, the Nightstone in it's square. They bombarded the town with rocks, and then came down, and took it up. The people in the villages fled north, to some bat caves where they thought they would be safe. The guards are not sure what to do next.

Lioslaith
2016-12-08, 01:14 PM
Ahira nods, he's seen that look on soldiers faces before. "Aye, 'ow many of ye are der now, just you 4?"

Sirithhyando
2016-12-08, 01:15 PM
Varga keeps her ear open while waling around looking for valuables.

She doesn't hide it very much :smalltongue:

Gwendol
2016-12-08, 03:19 PM
They took a stone? Was there anything special about this Nightstone to attract attention from giants? Lassion asks.
The village is cleared from remaining goblins, if you need to get something from there it should be safe enough. Right before we got up here though, a band of bounty hunters, or so they say, set up camp outside the village. Perhaps it's safer to repair the damage to the gates and try to fortify the keep the best you can. That way any returning villager can also keep safe.

Belac93
2016-12-08, 03:59 PM
Ahira nods, he's seen that look on soldiers faces before. "Aye, 'ow many of ye are der now, just you 4?"
"Just us. The rest of the survivors fled to the caves."

Varga keeps her ear open while walking around looking for valuables.

She doesn't hide it very much :smalltongue:
The body of Lady Nandar has a ring that looks worth more than anything you've ever seen before. As well, some of the more intact parts of the keep may have valuables in them.

They took a stone? Was there anything special about this Nightstone to attract attention from giants? Lassion asks.
"We don't know. We knew the stone was magical, but nobody could find it's purpose. I suppose it was ancient giant magic."

The village is cleared from remaining goblins, if you need to get something from there it should be safe enough. Right before we got up here though, a band of bounty hunters, or so they say, set up camp outside the village. Perhaps it's safer to repair the damage to the gates and try to fortify the keep the best you can. That way any returning villager can also keep safe.
"Yes sir." They seem relieved that someone is taking charge. "If that is all you require of us, we will go and bury the Lady in her family crypt."

Lioslaith
2016-12-08, 04:22 PM
Ahira nods at the body count. "Aye, I would run dem hunters off if'n I were you. Lemme know ifn ye need 'elp with dat." He turns to the others, "Methinks we need ta be headin to dem caves, see ifn any o duh villagers survived."

2D8HP
2016-12-09, 11:27 PM
"Methinks we need ta be headin to dem caves, see ifn any o duh villagers survived."

Riardon,
Aye. Seems past time

Gwendol
2016-12-10, 03:30 PM
Yes, let's go. Kella, you'd better come with us until the work with the fortifications is further advanced.
Looking at the dwarf the elf continues. Ahira, you certainly have your wits about you and a good head on your broad shoulders. Are you sure there is no elven blood running in your veins? he says with appreciation, grinning.

Fishybugs
2016-12-10, 04:49 PM
"Are you guys sure we should head to the caves? It seems like we'll have to pass beyond the bounty hunters...and who knows what lives in the caves?"

Lioslaith
2016-12-11, 08:00 AM
Yes, let's go. Kella, you'd better come with us until the work with the fortifications is further advanced.
Looking at the dwarf the elf continues. Ahira, you certainly have your wits about you and a good head on your broad shoulders. Are you sure there is no elven blood running in your veins? he says with appreciation, grinning.

Ahira barks out a laugh at the eleven comparison. He smiles at him and nods his appreciation. Dwarves were fond of the insult game, it showed a level of friendship beyond mere acquaintances to them. Ye be more dan welcome ta stay 'ere an help with da repairs, surely dem giants wont come back ta finish what dey started. Ima tinking we needs ta see ifn any villagers have yet ta be made gobbo stew!

Belac93
2016-12-11, 12:12 PM
The guards march off to lay their mayor to rest while you talk. As Lassion talks to Kella, he realizes she is nowhere to be found. In fact, thinking back on it, none of you have seen her since you started up the bridge to the keep...

2D8HP
2016-12-11, 02:54 PM
Riardon,
I think it's time I spied on what the "bounty hunters are up to. Please excuse me.
Sneaks over to the bounty hunter camp using "mask of the wild", "stealth", "perception" to spy.

Belac93
2016-12-11, 03:17 PM
As the group walks out of the keep, and rounds the corner, you see a group of 12 people in the town square. The 6 bounty hunters are dour faced, while their leader is wearing a slight grin. Kella, standing behind him, looks entirely at ease. The 4 guards held by the bounty hunters however, look very unhappy.

Four of the 'bounty hunters' are standing on a roof with the guards, holding swords to their throats right beside the 20 foot drop. The other have their bows pointed at you. Looking behind them, you see the drawbridge is open. The half-elf smiles, and calls out. "Hello! I am Xolkin. I believe we have some matters to discuss. Weapons on the ground, please, or we kill the guards. And then back away from them."

2D8HP
2016-12-11, 03:43 PM
Riardon,
AC: 15, HP: 19, Int: +3, Perception: 17
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) By Corellon Larethian's frilly undergarments черт побери!

Gwendol
2016-12-12, 02:34 AM
I see you were able to catch your "bounty"! Congratulations. I'm sure she put up a valiant struggle. As for laying down our weapons... The people of Nightstone mean little to us, as does the village: we're just passing through and came across the goblins by chance. I'm willing to lay down weapons if you show you can talk in good faith. Should you choose to kill a guard instead, you will all die. Please do think about that before making up your mind, Xolkin.

Lassion looks over to the team, checking that the least hardy find cover.

Belac93
2016-12-12, 09:43 AM
"I'll come clean with you, Lassion." Kella says, stepping forward. "These men are my bodyguards. We are Zhentarim, and we are here to turn this town into a base of operations. No townsfolk will be harmed, and they will be provided with passage to an alternate town. If you would make up a pretty little lie about the town being too destroyed to live in, you will be rewarded. How does a gemstone and a horse apiece sound?"

At her words, the other Zhents loosen their holds on the guards.

"You may have the horses now, to aid in getting the villiagers back. Return with us knowing they will not be coming back to town, and you will be given a gemstone each."

Lioslaith
2016-12-12, 10:09 AM
"I'll come clean with you, Lassion." Kella says, stepping forward. "These men are my bodyguards. We are Zhentarim, and we are here to turn this town into a base of operations. No townsfolk will be harmed, and they will be provided with passage to an alternate town. If you would make up a pretty little lie about the town being too destroyed to live in, you will be rewarded. How does a gemstone and a horse apiece sound?"

Ahira snorts, "'ows about in exchange fer yer lie ye make sure da townsfolk get der effects an no jus send dem down da road wit a pat on da arse?"

Belac93
2016-12-12, 10:15 AM
Ahira snorts, "'ows about in exchange fer yer lie ye make sure da townsfolk get der effects an no jus send dem down da road wit a pat on da arse?"

"What effects?" She points around you to the destroyed village. "Sure, there may be a gold piece or two here or there, but they are not altogether stupid folk. Most of their effects will be with them, the goblins, or buried beneath a hundred tons of rubble." Her mouth turns upwards in a smirk. "However, if you insist, we will gather what we can find while you are gone. When you return to get your payment, we can give you these things, you you can be on your merry way to wherever you desire, now rich. Do we have a deal?"

Gwendol
2016-12-12, 10:28 AM
Lassion shrugs, We need to discuss this among us. Can you please also ask your bowmen to point their arrows elsewhere as we're not about to start fighting right this moment?

Huddling, Lassion begins the debate: We can't go against them right now, or risk the lives of the guards, as well as our own. The human affairs matter little to me, but getting the guards loose to accompany us to the caves seems like the right way forward. We can then plan for and act to retake the town.

Lioslaith
2016-12-12, 10:52 AM
"I don't care much whot 'appens da deez folk, other den da bastard whot owes me money. Da Zhent's kin 'ave dis town fer all I care." He looks at the others faces trying to read the group.

2D8HP
2016-12-12, 11:09 AM
Riardon,
AC: 15, HP: 19, Int: +3, Perception: 17
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=955887) Let's ask the guards if we they want us to rain arrows on those that are holding them!

Fishybugs
2016-12-12, 11:59 AM
Syravel frowns, but says nothing. The ways of humans were strange and it was not his place to judge. He would wait out the scene and follow along with the choices of the group.

Sirithhyando
2016-12-12, 06:43 PM
I have to say this is somewhat amusing... though i dont care about what happen to them, i'd take their offer but send the guards alone to get their people. Though let's face it, they're not going to abide by what they just said. And i'd like more time to look around the keep but my life comes first so i'll move with whatever you decide.

Zhentarim, what do i know about them? [roll0]

Belac93
2016-12-12, 07:45 PM
The Zhentarim are a group of covert operatives, also collectively known as the Black Network. They have the best fighting men, the best spies, and the best at pretty much everything. At least, for a price. They seek to become the monopoly, controlling all the world's resources with an iron fist.

Gwendol
2016-12-13, 02:27 AM
In time Riardon. Right now let's get them out of harms way. I doubt we'd be able to get all of the bounty hunters with a single shot, and that would spell the doom for the guards.

Facing the bounty hunters once more, Lassion speaks. We agree to your terms, Kella. Send the guards over and we'll make sure the villagers go find their pursuit of happiness elsewhere. Also, our reward.

Belac93
2016-12-13, 09:44 AM
"Of course." Kella waves a hand, and the guards are lowered down and set free, without weapons. They run over to you, and stand at your side.

"The horses are in the town square. Come back once the villagers are free and gone, and we'll give you your gems."

Gwendol
2016-12-13, 10:56 AM
Lassion gives Kella a quick salute.

Let's get out of here; which direction are the caves?

OOC: Maybe I'm dense, but are the horses to be picked up on our way out, or when we return to collect the gems?

Lioslaith
2016-12-13, 11:13 AM
Ahira nods and heads to get on a horse.

:smallwink:

Sirithhyando
2016-12-13, 02:18 PM
Happy, Varga start running toward the town square Horses !!

Fishybugs
2016-12-13, 02:56 PM
Syravel frowned. He had never ridden a horse before and was not looking forward to it today. Nevertheless, he mounts and does his best.

Belac93
2016-12-13, 07:15 PM
OOC: Maybe I'm dense, but are the horses to be picked up on our way out, or when we return to collect the gems?

OOC: The horses are to be picked up on your way out.

Everyone rides off, to the caves!

The caves are far enough away that unless you travel through the rapidly growing night, you will have to take a long rest. In addition, once you do, everyone may Level up!

Gwendol
2016-12-14, 04:56 AM
OOC: The horses are to be picked up on your way out.

Everyone rides off, to the caves!

The caves are far enough away that unless you travel through the rapidly growing night, you will have to take a long rest. In addition, once you do, everyone may Level up!

I suggest we find a safe spot to rest once we're out of sight of the village. I got a cut from the goblin in the temple, haven't had time to dress it properly.

As they move out of the town, Lassion keeps an eye out for tracks made by the fleeing villagers, as well as finding food and supplies and look for a suitable campsite.

Tracking humans (adv): [roll0], [roll1], Foraging and looking for campsite: [roll2]

Sirithhyando
2016-12-14, 07:45 AM
Riding away from the village with her companions, Varga simply sight. not my first choice, but i suppose helping the villagers is the noble thing to do... though i dont think they'll pay good enough for our help...
As Lassion seem to be leading, Varga simply falls in line, happy to follow, for now.

Gwendol
2016-12-14, 07:49 AM
I doubt we'll get paid at all. Still, the idea of these people ending up as goblin slaves or food is revolting. I just want to finish what we started. Lassion replies.

2D8HP
2016-12-14, 07:58 AM
Even if their humans instead of elves, the idea of a whole community destroyed hits

Riardon,
[COLOR=blue] and he helps in tracking
[SPOILER=Survival Roll]

Lioslaith
2016-12-14, 08:07 AM
"Der be another option now dat da Zhent's got no hostages ye know." Ahira lets that hang for a bit before filling in the blanks, "We kin go back an run dem bastards outa da village."

Sirithhyando
2016-12-14, 01:19 PM
Varga couldn't help but smile at Ahira And that is why i like you so much... but those are not the ones that we should leave alive if that's the path we decide on. We need to kill them all and make sure no one ever find the remains. And knowing this group, they probably didn't left anything to chance. Crossing them isn't an option decided on a whim. You wont hear me say this often but i think we should keep our end of the bargain on this one.
She looks around Can someone find a bear for supper? I think we should keep Ahira belly occupied.

:smallbiggrin:

Lioslaith
2016-12-14, 01:53 PM
Ahira bursts out laughing at the bear remark, "Aye, lassie, I do tink we need ta get our reward, but den once dat deal is done we kin kill dem Zhents and give da town back to da villagers."

If Varga isn't female, can't recall and can't see the sheet at work.

Gwendol
2016-12-15, 02:24 AM
Let's try and rescue the villagers first, then we can decide what to do with the Zhent. Did the Lady of the Keep have any heirs? Lassion asks the guards of the keep, silently wondering if they had time to lay the body in the crypt before getting caught by the Zhent, and if not what happened to her.

Belac93
2016-12-15, 09:36 AM
Let's try and rescue the villagers first, then we can decide what to do with the Zhent. Did the Lady of the Keep have any heirs? Lassion asks the guards of the keep, silently wondering if they had time to lay the body in the crypt before getting caught by the Zhent, and if not what happened to her.

"No." The guards reply.