PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Spellfire as Feats [PEACH]

Artagon
2016-10-04, 10:33 PM
Spellfire Wielder feats
I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing more spellfire attempts, but I liked my version enough to throw it out to you folks to see what you think. I have recently started playing with Hit Dice as a resource and thought that since all classes have hit dice, it could be the perfect mechanic to fuel Spellfire. These feats do not have pre-requisites and can be picked up independently from one another. Note that I did NOT put out rules for the Crown of Fire. This was a conscious decision because I feel like that should really be in the purview of gods.. if it ever gets introduced I'd do it as an epic boon.

Spellfire Wielder
If you fail to save against a spell, you may use your reaction to gain resistance to the spell. If you succeed, you may use your reaction to regain 1 hit die.
As an action you may expend 1 hit die to summon a bolt of Spellfire. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 + constitution modifier fire damage. The spell creates more than one blast when you reach higher levels: two blasts at 5th level, three blasts at 11th level, and four blasts at 17th level. You can direct the blasts at the same target or at different ones. Make a separate attack roll for each blast. Your stat modifier for the attack is Constitution.

Spellfire Healer
Your touch can heal wounds. Using your hit dice you can restore a total number of hit points equal to 4 hit points per hit die expended. As an action you can touch a creature and expend your hit dice up to your remaining hit die total.
Alternatively, you may spend 1 hit die to give the creature you touched an additional saving throw against a spell targeting them. They have advantage on the save.

Touch of the Spellborn
Your touch can drain the magic temporarily or permanently from an item. By spending one minute touching a magical item you can draw away its power, as follows:
• Single use and common items are permanently drained and you regain 1 hit die.
• Uncommon items are drained for 3d4 days and you regain 2 hit dice.
• Rare items are drained for 2d4 days and you regain 3 hit dice.
• Very Rare items are drained for 1d4 days and you regain 4 hit dice.
• Legendary items are drained for 1 day and you regain 5 hit dice.

Spellfire Magery
You have learned to manipulate the spellfire within yourself in new and powerful ways. Constitution is your spellcasting ability for these spellfire fueled spells.
At 2nd level, you gain the ability to cast burning hands as a 1st level spell by expending 2 hit dice. By spending additional hit dice, you can increase the level of the spell by one per additional hit die expended.
At 6th level, you gain the ability to cast flight as a 3rd level spell by expending 5 hit dice.
At 11th level, you are able to cast Sunbeam as a spell-like ability by expending 10 hit dice.