PDA

View Full Version : a type of slave mancer class and issues? roleplaying

bookkeeping guy
2016-10-04, 10:42 PM
Thanks for your input.

I've been a bit curious about some things and would like help in crafting better simulation.

1) Sex Slave pricing and reality. (trying to create as real as possible.)

I don't like slavery its bad. but for a game it can be interesting. But some of the guides on npc slaves are very incomplete. Like the guide here fails to adequately distinguish prices of sex slaves compared to normal slaves. And a lot of net novels are sort of hitting this thing now. I had a link here but it won't let me post it because I haven't been a member long... but its on the kismetrose web site under dnd / my slave costs.

Now isn't some badass adventurer going to go get some harem slave women? But its not realistic if he can that for just 20 - 100 gold to start. Everyone has a 100 gold if they are working or diligent if the wage is a 1 gold a day...so if its that easy to make 100 gold then there wouldn't actually be anyone good worth buying as the ultimate dream sex slave...so that's one problem. And that guide above actually has a courtesan slave at 20 gold. But an adventurer might think I can pay like 120 gold and have a courtesan / fighter or whatever...and if girls don't grow on trees then wouldn't the girl cost way more than 120 gold if the wage is 1 gold per day average?

Plus there's no differentiation on what if the girl has a better figure than others? Obviously the ones with better figures would get high prices and there's no way of figuring that out from this guide being too simple.

Seems like a better table is needed.

And if an adventurer can score like thousands of gold in one adventure that too is a problem. It seems the costs for a really good sex slave that is the most eye appealing should be obscenely high right?

2) Also what about reactions?

Lets say you did have that most appealing sex slave and she's a different race than you.

Whats going to happen when other people of the same race see her with you? I would like to create realistic responses. There's also race specific responses too;

I'm guessing some would be indifferent/uncaring; orcs, goblins, hobgoblins, humans (not all)

But how would dragons, fairies, elves, and dwarves react respectively? I'm guessing the more mythical the creature the more extreme the reaction would be right? Would like to hear some thoughts on this.

Also the idea of sex slaves doesn't have to be bold in an ad&d setting. it could be just hinted at and glossed over without going into details. it also doesn't mean the slaves had to have been treated badly. maybe they were rescued* cough cough.

Once again there are a lot of net novels exploring concepts like this so its coming up a lot.

***3)*** and this is the main point of both previous questions, are there slavemancer classes or harem master class builds yet? It might be fun to try one etc.

Doing a class like this doesn't mean playing an evil character but maybe sort of like an anti-hero type. If Thieves are allowed and they can steal, why can't there be a harem master or slavemancer class...

Zanos
2016-10-04, 11:03 PM
...harem master class build...
http://i.imgur.com/ERiK8G4.png?1

Name1
2016-10-04, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your input.

I've been a bit curious about some things and would like help in crafting better simulation.

1) Sex Slave pricing and reality. (trying to create as real as possible.)

A sex slave costs a minimum of 100 gold (using LOM). That means, since a commoner gets about 3 sp per workday, so buying the basic sex slave would cost a commoner about a year of his work. Honestly, I'd say that works. Sure, that means an adventurer can get a lot of 'em, but they are also clearly above a commoners level of income. In reality, if it weren't illegal, could you afford one without saving up for it for a bit? Probably not. Could a company CEO? They make enough money so they can afford one AND spent the money to bribe the police to not give a damn about how illegal it is. Same thing with commoners vs. adventurers.

The pricing isn't broken, sapient life is just cheap.

2) Also what about reactions?

As long as there are no "racial purity"-standards, it generally goes like this:

Good-aligned: "FITE ME BREH!"
Neutral-aligned: "I'm gonna say I care, but... pfffft, nah."
Evil-aligned: "Go getter."

When law and chaos is concerned... It actually doesn't make much of a difference, except that CN might slip into the Good-aligned reaction.

***3)*** and this is the main point of both previous questions, are there slavemancer classes or harem master class builds yet? It might be fun to try one etc.

There is a weird Pimp prestige class that... sorta does that? Maybe a Thrallherd would work too. There is also a Thayan Slaver, if that's what you are looking for. The Nybor-Spells work on any character that can cast them.

gorfnab
2016-10-04, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately I can only think of one D&D book that would have answers for what you are asking (pricing, racial attitudes, and prestige classes). It is a third party book called the Book of Erotic Fantasy; written by Gwendolyn F. M. Kestrel and Duncan Scott, published by Arthaus.

bookkeeping guy
2016-10-04, 11:29 PM
Good-aligned: "FITE ME BREH!"

lol...nice reaction. that made me laugh.

The Glyphstone
2016-10-05, 12:22 AM
Great Modthulhu: Sex slavery, even in the fictional context of a D&D setting, is not an appropriate topic to be discussed here.