PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [Pathfinder][Akashic Mysteries][Request]Black Templars of Doom

Knitifine
2016-10-05, 03:17 AM
Okay so let's get a couple of things out of the way.
1. Neither I nor my players do optimization often, I put this under the optimization tag so the people more familiar with gradient power levels could assist.
2. The power level I want to hit is "I don't want to fight one of those enemies again."
3. They are expected to fight character who use Spheres of Power for magic characters and Path of War for martial characters. There may be a veil weaver but it's not for sure.

I'm looking for the following concept
"Vampiric enemy who can turn NPC allies into undead minions."

System Restrictions
Must be Pathfinder.
Must be a Black Templar (Akashic Mysteries).
Must be mythic.
I need one version at each Black Templar level, ranging from Low CR (5 ~ 7) to high CR(20 ~ 25).
My game will uses slightly altered base races, which can be found here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArSVcq3zbvGv6Ht4mPd0mClpgoRHLf8n2FvEJwZnNo4/edit?usp=sharing).

Any help would be appreciated.

Extra Anchovies
2016-10-05, 06:00 PM
Vizier is the best base class for this, because they get access to the Ring slot and thus to Dark Lord's Ring of Essence-Binding, the only veil capable of creating undead. A Vizier 5/Black Templar 5 can have one undead from Blackened Soul, one from Dark Lord's Ring, plus one from Create Husk for each creature they've killed with Drain Essence in the past 5+(Con modifier) hours, plus one from each creature the Dark Lord's Ring zombie has killed in the past (24-2d6) hours. Create Husk is a nonaction, too, so anyone the Black Templar kills in combat with Drain Essence can be immediately reanimated as a zombie (or as a stronger undead if the Black Templar uses Blackened Soul). After that, at least four more Vizier levels would be useful to be able to bind Dark Lord's Ring, after which point I'm not sure about the best direction to go.

Using the Dread Vampire (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dread-vampire-cr-3) template means they're only damaged by sunlight, not destroyed. If they have a swim speed, which can be picked up via race selection or by taking Shape Veil (Whirlpool Lash), they also can't be destroyed by running water.

Knitifine
2016-10-05, 06:41 PM
While I was waiting for a response, I came up with a low level version of this idea.
You can find it here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OZs5qIQomRaWgc4JCCP9Pj2_g_uGRNOqxSAO9fhE128/edit?usp=sharing).
Feedback is appreciate.

Vizier is the best base class for this, because they get access to the Ring slot and thus to Dark Lord's Ring of Essence-Binding, the only veil capable of creating undead. A Vizier 5/Black Templar 5 can have one undead from Blackened Soul, one from Dark Lord's Ring, plus one from Create Husk for each creature they've killed with Drain Essence in the past 5+(Con modifier) hours, plus one from each creature the Dark Lord's Ring zombie has killed in the past (24-2d6) hours. Create Husk is a nonaction, too, so anyone the Black Templar kills in combat with Drain Essence can be immediately reanimated as a zombie (or as a stronger undead if the Black Templar uses Blackened Soul). After that, at least four more Vizier levels would be useful to be able to bind Dark Lord's Ring, after which point I'm not sure about the best direction to go.

Using the Dread Vampire (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dread-vampire-cr-3) template means they're only damaged by sunlight, not destroyed. If they have a swim speed, which can be picked up via race selection or by taking Shape Veil (Whirlpool Lash), they also can't be destroyed by running water.Thank you, I'll try to cook up a Vizier focused version of this soon, though I'll be avoided the Dread Vampire template I think, as I'm not entirely sure about Green Ronin's materials and would prefer an enemy completely unhindered by daylight.

neversterling
2016-10-06, 01:49 PM

Dark Templar gains binds and veils known as the base class, though conspicuously not essence, so a Vizier 5/BT 4 has a ring bind on top of hands, feet, head, and wrists, can shape 5 veils, and has 5 essence from class progression.