PDA

View Full Version : Time to gear up! (Help pick my starting gear for my pc)

Nosta
2016-10-05, 11:37 AM
I start with 32000 (I know a little under were I should be at level 13) but i'll just have to make due

Here is my build

Level 1: ranger 1 Feat (Travel Devotion)-Human Feat-(PB Shot)-Bonus-(Track)-wild Empathy -Favored Enemy undead (+2 Bonus)
Level 2: Ranger 2. Bonus: Rapid Shot
3: Scout 1. Feat: Travel Devotion (x2). Skirmish 1d6 (trapd finding)
4: Feat Rogue 1. Bonus: Hand Crossbow Focus (DotU).
5: Scout 2. Skirmish 1d6. (battle Fortitude + ucanny dodge)
6 Scout 3. Feat: Crossbow Sniper (PHBII). Skirmish 1d6AC+1. (fast movement 10) -(trackless step)
7; Scout 4. Bonus: Swift Hunter. Skirmish 2d6AC+1.
8: Ranger 3. Bonus: Endurance Skirmish 2d6AC+2.
9: Ranger 4. Champion of the Wild ACF -> Bonus: Manyshot (Complete Champion), Feat: Improved Rapid Shot. Distracting Attack ACF (PHBII)
10: Ranger 5. Favored Enemy: Constructs (+4 Bonus). Skirmish 3d6AC+2.
11 Dragon Devotee 1 (races of dragon) Ability increase (+2 Cha) Natural Armor Bonus
12 Dragon Devotee 2. Feat: Improved Skirmish. Skirmish 4d6AC+2/6d6AC+4. Draconic Resistance
13 Dragon Devotee 3. 1st level Sorcerer casting - Ability increase (Con+2)

As for my weapon, The DM is givng me a +6 hand cross bow as a boon (I just need to pick out enchantments)

But I am curious as to what the other 32000 should be spent on
and yes I know I need bolts but as what ones should I get

Vizzerdrix
2016-10-05, 01:47 PM
Handy haversack is always good. +1 Mithril medium armor (I think glass steel functions exactly as mithril but is completely see through if thats your cup of tea).
Shapesand (turns into non magic items with a wis check).
Some form of flight (one of the vermin amulets is a rideable bee).
Healing belt (get several and swap them out throughout the day).

There are gear guides, and knowing your stats would help too, but otherwiise boost your primary stats, saves and layered defences are better than big numbers.

Travel devotion twice? You can save on feats with a single level of cleric. Take the travel domain and you can trade it for free travel devotion, then you can power it with your turning. That will free up few feats for you if you are interested.

Venger
2016-10-05, 03:03 PM
Handy haversack is always good. +1 Mithril medium armor (I think glass steel functions exactly as mithril but is completely see through if thats your cup of tea).
Shapesand (turns into non magic items with a wis check).
Some form of flight (one of the vermin amulets is a rideable bee).
Healing belt (get several and swap them out throughout the day).

There are gear guides, and knowing your stats would help too, but otherwiise boost your primary stats, saves and layered defences are better than big numbers.

Travel devotion twice? You can save on feats with a single level of cleric. Take the travel domain and you can trade it for free travel devotion, then you can power it with your turning. That will free up few feats for you if you are interested.

go cloistered and get free knowledge devotion to boot