PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of Mouqol one liner ideas

zombeh1990
2016-10-05, 02:50 PM
I am currently playing aforementioned Cleric of Mouqol in a 3.5 game, I am normally a very mechanically oriented player with very light roleplay. My new DM however really wants me to give life to my character and so I thought that one liners may be a good way to go.

So far I have come up with:
"May the scales tip your way"
"Negotiations over"
"The Merchant always gets paid"
And "The balance shifts"

If anyone can come up with any others I would be very grateful, thank you in advance -Z

LibraryOgre
2016-10-05, 05:46 PM
"I'll buy that for a copper." Said sardonically, it essentially says "What you are saying is completely unbelievable or without value."

"In for a copper, in for platinum", showing that you've gone this far, so you'll go father.

SethoMarkus
2016-10-05, 07:53 PM
"A Lannister Mouqolite always pays their debts."

"You have been appraised and found... Wanting..."

"If you can't beat them, buy them out."

Khedrac
2016-10-06, 11:55 AM
"Excuse me while I (and my friends) carry out a hostile take-over."
"The blessing of Moquol be on these poor souls in return for the donation of all the assets" - said over bodies of dead enemies that had loot.
"May Moquol send you to the eternal punishment" - said over the bodies of those that did not.
"A gift, for me? How kind."
"Obstruction of trade is an offense against the gods" - to anyone stopping you travelling etc, e.g. a highwayman or band of bandits.

brainface
2016-10-06, 12:04 PM
Coin Rules Everything Around Me

zombeh1990
2016-10-09, 01:31 AM
Thank you all! That really helps!

Your ideas have helped me spawn a couple more.

"Were your actions worth the cost" Said to a defeated foe.
"The coin is spent" As if to say whats done is done.
"And the merchant keeps haggling" Read: Life goes on.

Hopefully this is enough to keep my DM happy for awhile atleast. -Z

SethoMarkus
2016-10-09, 01:30 PM
I would also like to suggest that in place of / in addition to the one-liners, come up with 2-3 personality traits/quirks for your character, a life goal, several more immediate goals, and a flaw/drawback of your character (addiction, tunnel vision towards goals, afraid of being in open water, etc). These are the things that help to bring depth to a character beyond just the witty one-liners. (Of course, I 100% support catch phrases, witty retorts and comebacks, and situational puns =P)