PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War Archetypes & Advance Study

Zsaber0
2016-10-05, 07:41 PM
Can core classes who take the Path of War archetypes take the Advance Study feat, and if they can, can they use it by pass the maximum maneuver level imposed by their archetype?

Aldrakan
2016-10-05, 07:56 PM
Respectively: yes, yes.
Edit: My bad.

stack
2016-10-05, 08:04 PM
Respectively: yes, no. They can take it because they are a martial disciple, they can't exceed the limit because they have to meet the prequisites for the maneuver, and the ability to use a maneuver of that level is one of them.

I believe you are mistaken on the second part. My understanding as of the playtest was that the level limit on the archetypes only applied to maneuvers from the archetype, not other sources such as feats, prestige classes, etc. Perhaps this changed since then but i dont believe so.

Elricaltovilla
2016-10-05, 09:06 PM
Respectively: yes, no. They can take it because they are a martial disciple, they can't exceed the limit because they have to meet the prequisites for the maneuver, and the ability to use a maneuver of that level is one of them.

This is incorrect. The PoW:E archetypes can take Advanced Study, and gain full benefit from it because they have a full initiator level and there is specific wording included to allow them to gain higher level maneuvers through the feat and by taking PoW Prestige Class levels.