PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PoW:E Style feats are passive? [Path of War: Expanded]

EdinoiZ
2016-10-05, 10:52 PM
So I was looking at a few style feats from PoW:E and I came across a very peculiar thing.

There is seemingly not a single style feat from Path of War: Expanded that require you to actually be in the style (spending a swift action to enter it) for them to function.

Every last one of them lack that oh so very important line of "While using this style," that can be found in all the Paizo style feats. Does that mean that the PoW:E style feats are all "passive" feats in the style of Dodge, or Death From Above? Could they perhaps be combined without requiring you to be a Master of Many Styles or a Free-Style Fighter?

Now, I just want to know what people think about this. I know what I'm hoping for as this would let me combine the Primal Fury Style, Piercing Thunder Style up to Trample, and the Bullette Charging Style up to Rampage for some real nice charge-based action.

Psyren
2016-10-05, 11:24 PM
They actually don't have to, the general rules for Style feats include the Swift activation etc. That text is redundant in the Paizo versions but doesn't change how they function, unless DSP modified those in some way that I didn't notice.

EdinoiZ
2016-10-05, 11:41 PM
They actually don't have to, the general rules for Style feats include the Swift activation etc. That text is redundant in the Paizo versions but doesn't change how they function, unless DSP modified those in some way that I didn't notice.

Ugh, missed that part of the Style Feats entry from paizo >.<
Welp, there goes that, admittedly cheesy, idea.