PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should do to improve this Shifter?

Kaje
2016-10-06, 12:38 AM
I recently realized how cool Shifters can be so I cooked up this guy, who basically just wants to be the best damn Shifter he can be. Uses Pre-Errata Weretouched Master.

Wildhunt Shifter Wild Shape Ranger 1 / Pugilist Fighter 1 / Spirit Bear Totem Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 / Warblade 1 / Weretouched Master 5 / Warshaper 3 / Bloodclaw Master 5 / Warblade 2

Stats:
STR
CON
DEX
INT
WIS
CHA

Flaws
Shaky
Weak Will

Feats
1 - Shifter Instincts
1 - Track [Ranger]
1 - Wildhunt Elite [Flaw]
1 - Extra Shifter Trait (Longtooth) [Flaw]
2 - Endurance [Pugilist Fighter]
2 - Improved Unarmed Strike [Pugilist Fighter]
3 - Shifter Stamina
4 - Improved Trip [Barbarian]
6 - Longtooth Elite
7 - Shifter Multiattack [Weretouched Master]
9 - Shifter Savagery
9 - Great Bite [Weretouched Master]
12 - Extra Rage
15 - Extended Rage
18 - Extra Rage

Class Levels
1 - Wild Shape Ranger
2 - Pugilist Fighter
3 - Spirit Bear Totem Wolf Totem Barbarian
4 - Spirit Bear Totem Wolf Totem Barbarian
5 - Warblade
6 - Weretouched Master (Tiger)
7 - Weretouched Master (Tiger)
8 - Weretouched Master (Tiger)
9 - Weretouched Master (Tiger)
10 - Weretouched Master (Tiger)
11 - Warshaper
12 - Warshaper
13 - Warshaper
14 - Bloodclaw Master
15 - Bloodclaw Master
16 - Bloodclaw Master
17 - Bloodclaw Master
18 - Bloodclaw Master
19 - Warblade
20 - Warblade

3 shifter traits (Wildhunt, Longtooth, effectively Razorclaw), Rage, Scent, Blindsense, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Pounce, Immunity to HP damage while shifting, 7 shifts/day for 16+con rounds each, Tiger Claw maneuvers, reach, natural weapons, and can turn into a freaking tiger. Anything I should change? And should I go with standard rage or whirling frenzy?

Darrin
2016-10-06, 06:51 AM
Anything I should change? And should I go with standard rage or whirling frenzy?

If Dragon Magazine is available, then consider the City Brawler ACF from Dragon #349. Gets IUS, TWF (unarmed only), and reduces the improvised penalty to -2.

I prefer Whirling Frenzy because it doesn't muck up your HPs with a fake bonus that drops you into a permanent dirt nap at the end of your rage. That and D&D combat is a race to drop the other guy to zero HP, so offense (extra attack) > defense.

Pyromancer999
2016-10-06, 07:25 AM
Why do you only have Wildshape Ranger 1? It doesn't let you Wildshape with only 1 level. You would most be better served taking your first level of Barbarian at level 1, and then use the level freed up to take a level in Bear Warrior later(Easy to qualify for, turns you into a bear and majorly buffs your rage) or Primeval(if you can squeeze prereqs in there, as I don't remember what they are, but allows you to turn into a primal and powerful version of an animal for major stat buffs, and works decently with Warshaper).

Also on mobile, so not very able to link it, but NeoSeraphi's Shifter Handbook may also be of use to you in this build.

Kaje
2016-10-06, 07:31 AM
Ranger 1 because it's a good first level. Wild Shape Ranger because it gives free fast movement.

Pyromancer999
2016-10-06, 12:21 PM
Ranger 1 because it's a good first level. Wild Shape Ranger because it gives free fast movement.
Fair enough. Also, the Arcane Hunter ACF makes everyone with arcane spells and spell-like abilities a Favoured Enemy, if you're into that.

Kaje
2016-10-06, 12:43 PM
I prefer Whirling Frenzy because it doesn't muck up your HPs with a fake bonus that drops you into a permanent dirt nap at the end of your rage. That and D&D combat is a race to drop the other guy to zero HP, so offense (extra attack) > defense.

Rage extends the duration of his rage and shifting abilities, whereas Frenzy gives an extra attack. The HP thing is not a concern.

barakaka
2016-10-06, 08:09 PM
Races of Eberron has the Shifter Braids. A swift action can turn you ethereal for a round, or another one enlarges you. What's scarier than a 10 foot tall man-tiger? A 15 foot tall man-tiger... or a 10 foot tall ghost-man-tiger.

The Tiger Blooded feat from ToB adds knockback to all your tiger claw maneuvers. Pretty cool!

If you're not dead set on warblade, swordsage could be pretty cool for the Desert Wind maneuvers. Namely the 5th level maneuver Leaping Flame. You're a giant tigerman... and now you're a giant tigerman beside the caster who just spent his standard action making you angry.