PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up liquid pain/distilled joy on a wizard or other alternatives.

Yogibear41
2016-10-06, 11:21 AM
Looking for ways to speed up the casting of liquid pain and/or distilled joy as a wizard. I know the trick of using a spell clock/trap with the spell cast as a SLA so it only takes 1 standard action but are there any ways other than that? As an alternative is there a way to get my familiar or perhaps a construct cast the spell for me, so that I could have a group of potential subjects, leave to go adventuring, come back several days or weeks later and have a nice supply of liquid pain and/or distilled joy waiting on me when I get back?

I know there is an epic feat that lets your familiar cast a spell, as well as the spell Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability, but I am looking for things that are of a lower level(than the epic version) or last significantly longer than 1 hour/level.

Name1
2016-10-06, 11:24 AM
Looking for ways to speed up the casting of liquid pain and/or distilled joy as a wizard. I know the trick of using a spell clock/trap with the spell cast as a SLA so it only takes 1 standard action but are there any ways other than that? As an alternative is there a way to get my familiar or perhaps a construct cast the spell for me, so that I could have a group of potential subjects, leave to go adventuring, come back several days or weeks later and have a nice supply of liquid pain and/or distilled joy waiting on me when I get back?

I know there is an epic feat that lets your familiar cast a spell, as well as the spell Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability, but I am looking for things that are of a lower level(than the epic version) or last significantly longer than 1 hour/level.

A magic self-resetting trap could work.

ryu
2016-10-06, 11:27 AM
Or you could look up wondrous architecture. Specifically a room with a bed in it. That's a reference that hasn't come up in a while.

Âmesang
2016-10-06, 12:23 PM
I believe you could also use fabricate in conjunction with a DC 25 Craft (alchemy) check?

ryu
2016-10-06, 01:08 PM
I believe you could also use fabricate in conjunction with a DC 25 Craft (alchemy) check?

I fabricate cost the necessary components to make the thing even if you were using checks?

Jowgen
2016-10-06, 03:22 PM
Distilled Joy targets a creature and is permanent in duration. This means that the spell stays active on the creature, rather than the general assumption that the created ambrosia is permanent (which seems dumb in the first place, considering it's bloody food, a spell component, and an alchemical substance).

As written, that means you can draw forth Ambrosia from any target that is subject to the spell whenever the conditions are met. This also makes sense, in that it would be riddiculous to think that someone would be able to predict that the target creature would experience a moment of sufficient Joy exactly 24 hours into the future.

In short, you only really need one casting of Distilled Joy per target you want to start farming.

For mass production, see if you can get it tied to a hallow spell and go wild.

PS. I believe the Elation spell qualifies as a suffient trigger. Put that in your repeating cheese item of choice, if you must.

Martimus Prime
2016-10-11, 02:41 AM
You could put out a help wanted ad to recruit a masochist in your party, preferably in conjunction with leadership so they're willing to follow you around and with some kind of class that draws attacks to itself. Then, you could get both substances at the same time. Hooray for double production!

Zanos
2016-10-11, 04:03 AM
Obvious cheese, but Uncanny Forethought allows you to cast any spell you know as a FRA. We are talking about item crafting XP factories, though.