PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstone Blade

Yogibear41
2016-10-06, 03:31 PM
While reading through the Players guide to Eberron I came across the bloodstone blade description. Every time I have read about this weapon the description says it functions as a spellstoring weapon, so one hit, spell discharges, then it must be recharged. The rules text in the effect section mirrors this. However, in the entry description for the weapon it says the spell can be delivered "repeatedly without recharging" which would lead one to believe that the effect lasts more than just one attack swing.

Further reading says to refer to attuning an Eberron dragonshard to the spell in which it will hold. In the Crafting Eberron shard items section in the EBCS it refers to dragonshards being used in permanent effects.

Essentially what I am asking is does this weapon act as a spellstoring weapon, but instead have infinite charges? If so that seems incredibly powerful. Is there an errata on this weapon? or is it described in another book somewhere?

Yogibear41
2016-10-06, 03:53 PM
Just found the bloodstone special ability in the Magic Item compendium, so I suppose that answers my question about Errata :smallannoyed: