PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Items based around making you the target..

animewatcha
2016-10-07, 04:05 AM
I know that feat combinations like Improved combat expertise plus allied defense along adjacent allies would give the enemy good reason to take you out so you can quit boost ac of comrades.

What items help with this either through aoe damage boost like helm of tactics, rearguard cape, Harpy cap through dragon magazine ( inflicts penalty on attacks roll that aren't on you ).

Sources are 3.5 WOTC online, books, adn dragon and dungeon.

Karl Aegis
2016-10-07, 04:40 AM
The best feat for making enemies target you is Power Attack. "Unconscious" happens to be a very nasty condition to be in.

animewatcha
2016-10-07, 04:43 AM
Yeah I educated my DM about the Power attack charge pounce routine. It got banned not usable very much more often :)

Vizzerdrix
2016-10-07, 06:31 AM
What about the tastey flaw fo commoners? Makes things try to eat you first. You can also get that with weresheep. Ive seen a cursed item that pulls ranged attacks towards you. It was either an amulet or a shield.

Seclora
2016-10-07, 12:15 PM
What about the tastey flaw fo commoners? Makes things try to eat you first. You can also get that with weresheep. Ive seen a cursed item that pulls ranged attacks towards you. It was either an amulet or a shield.

Shield of Arrow Attraction, I've found it very useful in my games. Doubly so if you couple it with Friendly Fire, so that all their ranged attacks are now made against themselves.

barakaka
2016-10-07, 11:19 PM
Crusader from Tome of Battle and Martial from Miniatures Handbook are focused on party buffing. Crusader has a couple damage sponge abilities, some healing, battlefield control and is just really strong. Martial is used for a couple weird builds, but isn't much past a dip.

The Knight and Dragon Shaman classes from PHBII are party-centric as well. The Knight has the Knight's Challenge which acts kind of like goad. and the Dragon Shaman gets a few auras and a Lay on Hands ability, but it's really sub-par to a Dragonfire Adept.

DFA which is in Dragon Magic, is solid. Kind of like Warlock, except you can get a bunch of the same auras as the Dragon Shaman. It's also got multiple different breath weapons, some of which are very strong debuffers; especially with the Entangling Exhalation feat from Draconomicon.

Martimus Prime
2016-10-08, 02:54 AM
Getting right next to the enemy and using the Goad feat is nice. You can also throw a ring of shield other on an ally- the math favors attacks against you instead of the shielded person, since you take full damage and they take half.