PDA

View Full Version : Crown oath: Champion Challenge R.I.P.

Satsujinki
2016-10-07, 07:08 AM
the title and the link should talk by itself:

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/04/15/can-a-character-speak-off-turn/

I was really hyped about this,but eh. bonus action is great too, but... it's like that kid whom asks santa a power ranger and for christmas you get a sentai/jappo lame version of it....

Plaguescarred
2016-10-07, 07:27 AM
It's just a tweet not an errata, it's important to make the distinction for AL. RAW CC is not a bonus action and nothing prevent you from talking off-turn

Satsujinki
2016-10-07, 07:30 AM
It's just a tweet not an errata, it's important to make the distinction for AL. RAW CC is not a bonus action and nothing prevent you from talking off-turn

yeah but if the tweet has been written, imho it won't be soon enough until the errata about it will come out. As i said, it doesn't change THAT much, but it is kinda bothersome

Plaguescarred
2016-10-07, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't hope too much : )

Jeremy Crawford answers tons of Q&As on twitter that don't make it into errata. Also, to my knowledge there is no errata document made for SCAG.

Plaguescarred
2016-10-07, 08:03 AM
IIRC it hasn't been change last time i saw it during internal playtest and it made it to print this way :)

Falcon X
2016-10-07, 08:28 AM
I don't get it. Why does this ruling kill Champion Challenge? I always treated it as a bonus action and its always been useful to me.

Fuzzywulfe
2016-12-23, 11:55 PM
I don't see the issue either. It's a Channel Divinity, which usually takes an action. You're using divine power with a taunt to compell an enemy to attack you. Even Cutting Word uses your reaction.