PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Double Panache?

Jackofalltrades
2016-10-07, 07:44 AM
hello everyone, a quick questions

would the panache pool from inspired blade swashbuckler(int+cha) stack with the daring champions panache pool (cha)? do they count as different sources?

note: build is inspired blade 1/daring champion 19

edit: edited it to make more sense :smallbiggrin:

Starbuck_II
2016-10-07, 10:51 AM
I think so, yes, it says you can stack grit, luck, and panache so (allowed double Cha pool if luck and panache) so it seems yes.

On the other hand, it grants the same class feature twice so no. Remember "daring champion gains the swashbuckler's panache class feature" so you'd have same feature twice. If it just added panache you would be fine, but it adds it "swashbuckler's panache class feature" and you have that already.

Jackofalltrades
2016-10-07, 11:08 AM
I think so, yes, it says you can stack grit, luck, and panache so (allowed double Cha pool if luck and panache) so it seems yes.

On the other hand, it grants the same class feature twice so no. Remember "daring champion gains the swashbuckler's panache class feature" so you'd have same feature twice. If it just added panache you would be fine, but it adds it "swashbuckler's panache class feature" and you have that already.

yeah its hard to tell, i wish there was a FAQ on this.

Eldonauran
2016-10-07, 12:07 PM
The panache pools will not stack. They are the same class ability. Grit, Panache, and Luck pools stack with one another, but not themselves, as called out explicitly and thus is an exception to the rules.

If you have multiple sources of panache, they do not stack. If you have multiple sources of grit, they do not stack. If you have multiple sources of luck, they do not stack. If you have a source of Panache, a source of Grit, and a source of Luck, they stack.

digiman619
2016-10-07, 12:14 PM
The panache pools will not stack. They are the same class ability. Grit, Panache, and Luck pools stack with one another, but not themselves, as called out explicitly and thus is an exception to the rules.

If you have multiple sources of panache, they do not stack. If you have multiple sources of grit, they do not stack. If you have multiple sources of luck, they do not stack. If you have a source of Panache, a source of Grit, and a source of Luck, they stack.

So will they be separate pools (a la ki and arcane reservoir) that refill separately?

Jackofalltrades
2016-10-07, 12:34 PM

i see, though will i be able to gain panache from killing blows once again? inspired panache can't, but the panche feature from the daring champion can, does the it override it?

Eldonauran
2016-10-07, 02:26 PM
So will they be separate pools (a la ki and arcane reservoir) that refill separately?
No, Panache gained from the Inspired Blade and the Daring Champion are the same class ability (Swashbuckler's Panache). If they were separate pools, you would effectively be 'stacking them'. The panache points go into one 'pool'. In this example, you have one pool that has a total panache of Int mod + Cha mod points.

i see, though will i be able to gain panache from killing blows once again? inspired panache can't, but the panche feature from the daring champion can, does the it override it?
I see no reason why you couldn't. You gained a modified version of the swashbuckler's Panache ability with Inspired Blade. You gain the unmodified Panache ability from Daring Champion. Since the points go into one pool, earning a panache point from killing someone ticks off the Daring Champion's ability, adding to the pool despite the Inspired blade not gaining one.

Jackofalltrades
2016-10-07, 03:56 PM
I see no reason why you couldn't. You gained a modified version of the swashbuckler's Panache ability with Inspired Blade. You gain the unmodified Panache ability from Daring Champion. Since the points go into one pool, earning a panache point from killing someone ticks off the Daring Champion's ability, adding to the pool despite the Inspired blade not gaining one.

cool, that why i can get more panache back quicker.