PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] 4th party member for Age of Worms?

Chronikoce
2016-10-07, 05:19 PM
So I finally get to be a player and in an Age of Worms game no less! We are trying to figure decide how to round out the party without stumbling across spoilers and could use some generic advice.

The party so far
Druid: likely focused on summons, animal companion, and wildshaped spellcasting

Sorcerer: metamagic focus. Later on I'll be going mailman build but for low levels I'll be buffing and debuffing

Cleric: melee buff cleric (this player is waffling on his class but it sounds like this is his primary idea atm)

What should we round this out with?

My thinking is we currently don't have many skill points between us and we don't have a very good ranged combat ability (at least until later when I am able to throw out metamagic orb spells).

What do you all think would be a solid 4th member and if you have a short reason that avoids big spoilers (we all know about undead being quite prevalent) that would be great.

Garktz
2016-10-07, 07:59 PM
I would go for a second cleric, it might be a little bit op, but would cover pretty much every need you want plus some extra...

it would be a zen archery cloistered cleric.

Get Knowledge Devotion if you can swap the additional Knowledge Domain the Cloistered Cleric receives, also, dont dump dex all the way and be an elf so you get the dex required for some archery feats.
Also go DMM: Persist to keep the buffs that pump your bab and dmg (Divine Power, Divine Favor, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful etc) so you can be a really good archer without going MAD

You will get some really nice skill points plus ranged physical dmg on top of cleric casting...

On a side note and it might not be usefull for you because it kind of depends on your DM.
In my table I managed to get extend spell via metamagic rod work with dmm:persist what basically means double persisted spells...
DMM:persist (24 hours duration) then extend so it becomes 48 hours, now on day 1 you persist spell a, b, and c and on day 2 spell d, e and f.
they will overlap and you can have 6 spells instead of only 3 (refresh abc spells on odd days and def spells on pair days to have them going every day)

Ps. sorry for my english because is not my natural language and i can get hard sometimes to be clear...

J-H
2016-10-07, 09:59 PM
Magic isn't super-powerful all day long until high levels. I'd go with a Warblade or Crusader for front-line melee combat.

Garktz
2016-10-08, 05:00 PM
Magic isn't super-powerful all day long until high levels. I'd go with a Warblade or Crusader for front-line melee combat.

This campaign goes all the way up to level 20, maybe higher, depending on the dm.. so it might be good idea to aim high