PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Rise of the Orcs - Black Spear

boj0
2016-10-07, 08:14 PM
Ch. 1 - Over the Mountain

There is a wind biting at your skin, with a sharp howl cutting through the stone walls of the old pass; it wasn't pleasant, the daylight would not come for hours, and you are in the company of slaves and lesser creatures, but the would be purpose to the discomfort. You have been chosen to make headway through dangerous lands, into the home of the Oldest Enemy, and hunt down those that would stand in the way of the glory of the Orcs. You shall reach out and smite the Elves, for you are elite, you are the Black Spear.

The Inner Circle had information from Goblin slaves of an old escape route they used to flee from Hill Giants ages ago, this pass was relatively unguarded, save for the odd giant or Dwarven patrol, and it had been determined that this would be the best way to enter the Ghost Ash Forest with minimal detection. The Elves of the Ghost Ash Forest have claimed that land for centuries, if not longer; they had eyes and knife-ears everywhere so expansion into the woods would be slow unless a group went in to test the waters and see how their rangers and wardens would respond, and how easily they could be felled. There was a small tribe of Gnolls that managed to eke out an uneasy pact of neutrality with the Elves, the first goal after getting through the mountains was to make contact and see what information could be gathered.

You find the stone a little close for comfort, but at least you can move (and swing a weapon should it come to pass), and the wind should hide any noise you make, according to Pui Wik (Poy WEEK, meaning Scuttle Feet in Goblin), your guide through the mountains. He is a scrawny creature, malnutrition and anxiety are plain on his face, the fear of failing his Orc masters is far greater than the fear of giants. As he scouts ahead, he is constantly looking back at the rest of the group, Herash, his handler, says harshly in Goblin, "Pay attention dog! You'll lead us off a cliff if you don't look ahead." the ire in his voice raising the volume over the wind. Blue-tongue, the Orc from the Wave of Grey Death tribe to the south, and in charge of watching the three goats brought along for food, is not used to the cold and the obnoxious mountain Orc grates on his nerves, "Quiet you fool! The moment the wind dies is the moment your shouting gets us ambushed!" His retort almost as loud as the initial yelling. Herash glares back with fire in his eyes, "I'll wring your neck until you match your namesake if you don't watch your words."

This trip will not lack for excitement, to say the least.

Herash and Blue-tongue look like they might go at it, but that might get the tension out of their systems for all you know. It will be another 4 days through the pass at least, supplies look like they will hold out for the time being. You are in a double column formation walking through the pass, which is on average 10-15 feet wide, with the rough stone walls on either side reaching at least 40 feet above you. It is about 2 hours until dawn, and everyone is currently well-rested (all spells and per day abilities are ready).

The wind is indeed dying down, but Herash has stopped walking to stare-down Blue.

Your actions?

Black Spear - Rendel Nep (Seakul), igordragonian (Gerdga Gruumsh-Wife), Deadguy (Urak Blackhand), infomatic (Fen’Gal the Tamer), Pol Detson (Gilgamel Shipburner), root (Scarhide)
Auxiliary - Herash, slave handler; Blue-tongue, animal handler
Beasts - 3 goats
Slaves - Pui Wik (scout), Aric (pack mule)

Rendel Nep
2016-10-07, 11:10 PM
Seakul sighs and turns to both peons with a smile.
"Get on with it then. Show each other who's the stronger orc" He urges with an eerie joy.

"The Winner will join Gerdga and I on the frontline against whatever giant or dwarf you've inflicted on us because the concept of silence seems to have elude your empty heads." He says flatly, his displeasure quite apparent.

root
2016-10-08, 04:53 AM
Surrounded by stone and howling wind, Rabak felt almost at home. The sudden stop made him aware of the growing argument at the front of the column. Tracing the steep walls of the pass with his gnarled hand, he made it to the front of the procession, glaring at the perpetrators. He spat the words from his wind chapped lips, "Fools! Leave your anger for the knife ears.", just loudly enough to be heard.

Looking up the walls, he pictured crafty dwarves, ready to roll rocks onto their heads at the first provocation.

Pol Detson
2016-10-08, 07:22 AM
Gilgamel Shipburner

Gilgamel was like fish out of the water. His world consisted of coasts, cities and sea. The mountains, unknown and dangerous gate to even more dangerous and unknown land. He was independent, save for when contracted by raiding pirates. Then he deferred to captain.. and he decided to fallow that habit here and let someone take control of situation.

It was time to earn the pay.

"I'll go forward and see if there is anyone who might hear us and rain rocks or crossbow bolts on our heads."

The wizard disappeared from sight.

Using ring of invisibility I scout ahead and see if I can spot sudden yet inevitable potential ambush.

Spot: [roll0] -> remind me to put some cross-class ranks into spot..
Edit: not bad.

boj0
2016-10-08, 08:25 AM
Herash looks at the Black Spear entourage, their disfavor becoming apparent; as a slaver, he understood the importance of obeying your betters.

He gives Blue-tongue one last glare and a grunt before starting back on the path. He is then pushed aside by the invisible, but still very solid Gilgamel. His surprise causes Blue-tongue to let out a soft chuckle.

With the Spot check, you feel confident that there is nothing hiding up ahead.

Pol Detson
2016-10-08, 08:37 AM
Gilgamel Shipburner

Gilgamel returned after few minutes and appeared again.

"I am sure that there is no one right ahead. But it's enemy territory and we need to be vigilant.

He stood, nodding towards his, for lack of better word, crew. He needed to see them under fire and in thick of the action to pass judgement. Were they made of steel or sh*t? Time will tell..

It may be good time to discuss our plan. Are we going to sneak around and count long-ears or are we going to kill, plunder and set fire to the forest to see how they react and how big the defending force is?

igordragonian
2016-10-08, 02:35 PM
"My desire to please, my husband boiling my blood." Gerdga wishpered in somewhat sensual tone. She held her Double orcish Axe with love- it was called the "Elf Orphaner", and that what she did best.
She smiled.
"I believe, that my husband would like to test our power against his enemies! Let's see how fast will they flee from us!"

root
2016-10-09, 02:09 PM
Rabak licked his lips. "I say we burn their forest! Make it Ash plain."

He saw vast forests from the mountain tops where Scarhides dwelled before. He wasn't terribly impressed.

infomatic
2016-10-09, 06:50 PM
Fen sniffed the air, felt the unfamiliar chill in her nostrils. Beside her Ruun padded along, his bulk almost filling the path. It'd be easier for her to walk ahead but she'd worried the bear would snatch one of the goats; there hadn't been much time to hunt as they'd progressed, and he was probably hungry.

"It'll all come to ash, of course; the gnolls the guide spoke of might tell us where best to start burning."

sheet is updated with spells in effect. Can prepare scrying once we have a better idea of where to look

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] spot
[roll2] survival (to avoid natural hazards)

boj0
2016-10-09, 10:27 PM
It wasn't just a chill that Fen caught in her nostrils, it was something else...

When the wind died down, it became easier to notice, it sounds like a cross between a man's voice and a war drum, much further up than you can see, it must be very loud, or very big.
The height of the walls to your sides are lowering over time, eventually this will give you more room, and it will be easier for both you and any ambushers to see each other.

Pol Detson
2016-10-10, 11:32 AM
The gears started to shift in Gilgamel's head. As expected his crew was partial to loud and brutal option. He know that it will be dangerous and they need plan. Yet before they can plan, information is needed. He didn't have a first-hand knowledge about those lands, but he was learned; heard many a story and read countless book pursuing his studies and always took all writings as part of his loot.

"Aye, it will come to fire and blood" Gilgamel let a feral smile to creep on his lips.

Knw: geography [roll0].. so where is the best spot to start the fire?
Knw: history [roll1].. so what do we know about Ash Forest? Any large elven settlements? Citadels or strongholds best avoided? Famous battles of last centuries that could illuminate elves' tactics (they live long...).? Come on dice..

infomatic
2016-10-11, 05:05 AM
"Drums up ahead," Fen calls to the others. "Big drums."

Rendel Nep
2016-10-11, 07:17 AM
Upon Fen's warning, Seakul draws his kukris.

"Not too much, I hope. Shipwrights and siege engineers have a lust for lumber." he remarks off-hand.

Deadguy
2016-10-11, 08:15 AM
The warlock floated just above the ground, avoiding the tedious tromping through the snow. He sneered at the internal conflicts already boiling to the surface. "How easy it is for our enemy to do nothing yet still find a way to bring conflict among us."

At the warning, he disappeared completely as he rose up above the group with his hooded cloak billowing in the frigid winds.

Activate Walk Unseen
Fly up 30 ft using Warlock's Flight

boj0
2016-10-11, 10:51 AM
Geography: Any large amount of flammable material would be able to start a fire, wind conditions are underbrush are what would get it to spread. Birch trees are known to grow in areas after a fire has claimed it.

History: Named for the color of the birch trees that populate the wood, as well as the ashes and death that came from a fire many ages ago, the Ghost Ash Forest has many locations that are considered sacred ground to the Elves. The fire that claimed the original land was part of a battle between Elves and Gnolls in which a group of Gnolls, with the blessing of their demon prince Yeenoghu, with a hellfire that was able to burn through the magic wards. This battle, destroyed most of the home of both sides and led to an informal truce know as the twisted branch, as both people claim the forest as a birthright, while knowing that another combat could lead to war and mutual destruction.
The largest well-known (emphasis on well-known) Elven settlement is Everantha, not much else is known as the Ash Elves are secretive, and hide away with illusions. Some have theorized that Everanthamay be fake, or that it is a front for a large hold of Elven people.

Going that far up you can see that the walls to your side are indeed recessing closer to the floor level as you keep going. You think you see smoke further up ahead, but with the grey skies, it is hard to tell.

root
2016-10-11, 02:53 PM
Drums in the mountain? Rabak mulled over this unfamiliar thought as he glared at a fellow orc soar into the sky, disappearing from sight. The followers of Prumax were indeed blessed with awesome powers, but the whiff of arcane made him shiver. A practitioner himself, in a manner of speaking, his own gift only surfaced after much painful prodding by the clan's shaman, and barely so.

He has raided many hapless caravans and misled adventurers up in the Blackrocks in the past. They rarely made a noise, shacked up against rocky slopes, too sure of their solitude in the night when the Scarhides pounced.

"These drums are all wrong", he grunted. "The goats should stay behind while we check it out."

Rabak sidled against the rocky wall and listened in.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Hide if we continue towards the noise

Here come the 1s

boj0
2016-10-11, 05:44 PM
As you get closer to the source, the sound becomes more apparent. The drum noise is clearer, it sounds different than what you expected, it follows no warband rhythm that you know, nor does it sound like the measured, monotonous pattern of the Dwarves. It sounds sporadic, almost random; it starts and stops at different times with odd bouts of silence in-between, and you hear more than one voice, booming, loud, but difficult to make out precise words. It isn't Orcish or Common, however.

Is anyone continuing to move towards the noise?

Pol Detson
2016-10-11, 06:18 PM
The knowledge was not reassuring. Wizard didn't have a plan ready and there was no time to discuss further.

"I'll wait for our scouts" he said.

He didn't think that they should pick a fight right here and right now, but saying so might lower his standing within group. No orc would willingly appear to cower from a fight.

Gilgmel is not moving any closer.

root
2016-10-11, 06:37 PM
Rabak crouched just enough to stare their diminutive guide in the eyes.

"You speak giant?"

Waiting for Pui Wik to respond, he tried his best to consider whether giants could be reasoned with.

Rabak is not moving closer either, not until we figure out whether we can pass safely or perhaps hire one of the giants to use against elves

Also, knowledge nature (untrained)[roll0]

Rendel Nep
2016-10-11, 06:51 PM
I do. Want me to get a closer look? Seakul interrupts.

boj0
2016-10-11, 06:56 PM
The hulking mass of scar tissue in front of him making him too intimidated to think of a lie, Pui Wik eeps out, "A-a little b-bit m-master."

Herash looks to the Goblin, "Go and see what is up ahead.", before Pui Wik could protest, his handler touches the gargoyle-engraved ring on his hand.

This must be some sort of control ring that Herash uses to force the Goblins to work, handy when the slaves must go where the master cannot see.

With a glazed look in his beady eyes, Pui Wik scampers up the stone wall faster than you thought he could, and disappears over the side.

If you choose to scout ahead with the Goblin, make a Hide and Move Silently check.
If no one decides to move ahead, I'll make another post for the Goblin's turn

Ninja edit: Seakul, if you want to throw some hide/move silently rolls, go for it

root
2016-10-11, 07:16 PM
"Hmm. It would be wise to see what we are up against."

Rabak knew nothing about giants.

He considered climbing up the edge of the path, to get a better look. Shaking his head, he muttered "Let the goblin pull his weight".

Rendel Nep
2016-10-11, 07:18 PM
Hide and Move Silently rolls

Hide [roll0]

Move Silently[roll1]

igordragonian
2016-10-12, 05:25 PM
"I can't sit here and do nothing!"

Hide-[roll0]+4
Move Silently [roll1]+3

boj0
2016-10-12, 08:06 PM
As the Gruumsh-Wife and Seakul join the Goblin in scouting out ahead, the are sure to keep themselves to the shadows between outcroppings, staying low and keeping a small profile. Going forward they come to a curve in the path that leads right below a ledge, as the round the corner, the sound of the drum is more than apparent, as well as the source of the smoke: a most delicious smell of a roasting goat in a large fire. The drums stop and there is sounds of flesh tearing away from bone, and popping of logs in fire. There is a voice, no three voices! Loud, booming voices speaking and laughing in the dialect of Hill Giants.

A: "Oi, so what you say 'bout playing anuvver one a them tune on tha drum?"
B: "My hand is tired ya dingus, why don't you play one?"
A: "Cause I told ya too!"
C: (In a slightly deeper voice) "Just play the damn song."
B: "Fine I'll pl-wait, did you hear something?"
C: "Yeah, sumthin close by...."

You then hear large bodies shifting around and walking towards the ledge.

Rendel Nep
2016-10-12, 09:19 PM
Seakul whispers to the two following him. [Well, they heard us. Gerdga, If one of them try pops my clogs that's the signal for battle. I'm about to do something stupid.

Seakul pops his heads up. He grabs the attention of the giants and speaks fluently in their native tongue.

Arrrr! Ahoy mateys! I be apologising for sneakin' up on ye. Me and me lads be afeared that ye might be a dwarven warband or somethin'. Y'know what with all that drumming. We just be passing through this here pass.
Seakul learnt giant from a couple of sea giants pirates onboard the Dishonorable Demon.

Diplomacy [roll0] to convince them we mean no harm.

igordragonian
2016-10-12, 11:14 PM
Gerdga smiled. She never had a chance to slaughter giants before. She is preparing the Elf Orphaner. Time to expriement, if the double axe could also rurn giant cubs into orphans. But she waited for the signal.

Deadguy
2016-10-13, 12:24 PM
I will continue forward. The warlock's voice echoed in the minds of the others as he flew silently overhead. He moved along the trail and saw the giants as well.

Locating his companions hiding close by, he spoke into their minds as well. Do nothing... for now.

Rising to almost forty feet over the giants, he spoke to one of them in a whispered voice in his thoughts, goading him on. You told him to play and he didn't listen. Orcs aren't important as him not listening, you should teach him a lesson.

Suggestion - will dc 21

boj0
2016-10-13, 06:50 PM
Wow, rolled a 19; this giant is either too stupid to know how to be commanded or too stubborn

The sickly-sweet mind words of Blackhand roll off the Giant's brain like water on oiled skin. Disregarding the command, the leader of the group motions for the other two to head towards the ledge...

As they peer over the ledge, they are able to catch a glipse of Pui Wik as he ducks down.

A: "Well lookee there, do I smell a Goblin? Hahaha"
B: "Wait," followed by the noise of a Giant snorting. "I smell the blood of an Orc!"

At this, the leader perks up, C: "An Orc? Well, well, well why don't you intoduce urselves little Orc? Bring us a treat and we won't throw you off the side o' these 'ere rocks."

Pol Detson
2016-10-14, 05:54 AM
Gilgamel rises brow at unexpected display of magic. He don't say a word, but his mind is already working on how to get this ring. Outright murder might not be a good idea, but.. accidents happens. So do fight over the smallest of things as orc's life go. Gargoyle-engraved ring was magical and it was enough for Gilgamel.

Arcana: [roll0] my preciousss....

The thunderous voices of giants are not precisely close, Gilgamel couldn’t make distinct words, but it was still a bad sign. He hoped that the scout group check it and return.

It's time to join the group. He moves and cast the protective spell and then turn invisible.

First round: move and cast mage armor (8 hours, +4 AC)
Second round: move and use ring of invisibility
Third: am I there? if not, double move to the position slightly behind the scouts.

boj0
2016-10-14, 08:07 AM
The immense power from a master ring comes from the fact that there has to be a slave ring bound to it.
Killing Herash for his ring is pragmatic, but without also getting slave rings on those you wish to control, it is just fancy iron.

If you move, cast, move, and cast again, you would get there at the beginning of your third turn,for everyone else they could get there in one turn if they ran.

root
2016-10-14, 03:56 PM
Hearing the growing commotion ahead, Rabak considered his options. The giants were in the way of their mission, and that was unacceptable. Noting the arcanist jump into action, he followed.

Summoning what little magic power he could command, he felt his scabbed knuckles harden as he continued towards the scouts.

my movespeed is 40 so if I spend 1 round walking and casting Magic Weapon, would I be able to charge into action on round 2 should fighting break out?
If not, I'll just do what Gilgamel does

Edit: Rolled Climb of 20 and Jump of 17 in OOC thread if it's relevant.

boj0
2016-10-14, 04:06 PM
Hearing the growing commotion ahead, Rabak considered his options. The giants were in the way of their mission, and that was unacceptable. Noting the arcanist jump into action, he followed.

Summoning what little magic power he could command, he felt his scabbed knuckles harden as he continued towards the scouts.

my movespeed is 40 so if I spend 1 round walking and casting Magic Weapon, would I be able to charge into action on round 2 should fighting break out?
If not, I'll just do what Gilgamel does

You would still need to go up a roughly 10 foot high overhang to actually meet the giants, so you could get there and jump/climb up; but you can't make a charge action the second turn

Deadguy
2016-10-15, 11:21 AM
The invisible warlock turned his attention to the giant who the leader had been bossing around, whispering treachery and discontent into his heart. Why does he always get the best gift or decide who to smash. You're stronger than him, you should get to be boss. A challenge! You should challenge him and win!

Urak rubbed his hands together in anticipation of sown discord. He had already been frustrated once and was irritated at having to choose a weaker target. He floated idly in the chilled mountain air, awaiting the result of the planted seed of pride.

Suggestion - will dc 21

infomatic
2016-10-15, 04:09 PM
Fen stares down the path at the receding Rabak and Gilgamel. The drums had stopped, and now shouting … perhaps the giants knew they were there, and perhaps not, but if they did know, best to present them with as strong a challenge as possible. Maybe they'd back off.

She motions for Ruun to guard the goats, then noticing a wistful glint in the bear's eyes, thinks better of it and beckons him to follow as she hastens down the path.

Double move (total 60 ft) toward the scouts

boj0
2016-10-16, 04:15 PM
aww shucks, a total of 15

They giant at the ledge stops a bit, "Hey, why don't I get the treat from the Orc? I'm the one ovva here!"

The leader retorts: "You stupid ninny, its cause I said so!
Giant leader completely fails to inspire obedience in his lacky
"Piss off! I WANT THE TREAT FROM THE ORC!!"

You now here the third giant get up and head over to the mutineer and he sounds angry.

igordragonian
2016-10-17, 07:01 PM
Gerdga has lost her patience.

"For GRUUMSH!!!" she roared and charged forward bursting into whirlwind of axe blades at the nearest giant.

entering Whirling Frenzy

Frenzy Flurry attack

[roll0]+9
[roll1]+4
[roll2]+7
[roll3]+3
[roll4]+9
[roll5]+9

damage-(if hit)

[roll6]+10
[roll7]+10
[roll8]+10
[roll9]+10
[roll10]+10
[roll11]+10

Pol Detson
2016-10-17, 07:09 PM
The Gilgamel was in time to see the fight between giants starts; he imminently decided to exploit the chance to enrich himself on any loot those could have.

He was interrupted by the barbarian shout! Wizard winced at the echo in the mountains.

Was he fast enough to blind the giants before Gerdga attacks, making the fight as easy as possible for orcs?

If I am there, Glitterdust (Will DC 18, blinded on fail) on all three giants (they are kind of fighting each other? I don't have grid, but I assume that the giants arguments are physically intense, so they are close to fistfight.

boj0
2016-10-17, 07:35 PM
There is a 10ft rocky cliff between the scouts and the giants, you have to make the climb and/or jump check to get up before you can charge.

If the wizard wishes to change what spells are cast to reflect this, I'll allow it.

Pol Detson
2016-10-17, 07:56 PM
OOC:

Well, if its only 10 feet I can find angle to see the giants upper bodies, right? glitterdust has range of 180 ft, so its not a problem. I still use glitterdust to mess with as many giants I can.

boj0
2016-10-18, 07:22 AM
If you aren't right against the wall, you should he able to see them.

boj0
2016-10-18, 07:26 AM
EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO ENGAGE THE GIANTS, ROLL INITIATIVE PLEASE.

Is it combat time? Oh yes, I believe it is combat time!

Rendel Nep
2016-10-18, 07:49 AM
" Yeah, I didn't want to giveaway our goat either." Seakul admits, just as Gerdga charges past like a flailing banshee.

[roll0]

igordragonian
2016-10-18, 05:37 PM
Meta

[roll0]+3

root
2016-10-18, 06:00 PM
You could never rest easy with giants at your back. Easily clearing the wall, Rabak came face to face with what seemed to be an angry melee between giants and several of his companions skulking in the shadows. He grinned, forgoing a battle shout - they wouldn't know what hit them.

initiative [roll0]
I plan to charge unless it's not possible, or move to a place I could charge from while throwing a javelin and charge the next turn

boj0
2016-10-18, 07:59 PM
Since people aren't all on the same timetable, I'll wait until tomorrow morning (my time) to double check the remaining initiative rolls. If the last 3 don't roll I'll consider them waiting on the sidelines unless told otherwise

infomatic
2016-10-18, 11:12 PM
Working late but can't pass up chance to hit something.

[roll0] Initiative

The shouts were now clearer —*and in Orc. From the sound of it, it was the Gruumsh-Wife who acted first — a bit surprising, that. Fen's eyes narrowed as she searches for a target.

Deadguy
2016-10-19, 10:30 AM
Urak sneered as he watched his hard work undone by the impatience of his fellows. He could simply remain invisible and fly away, leaving them to their fate, but he had a feeling that he would need them sooner or later to complete this task.

Initiative [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-10-19, 10:46 AM
My initiative is 15. Plan as disscussed above/in OOC thread.

boj0
2016-10-19, 12:30 PM
Awesome, that should be everybody, I'll be working for a few more hours then I can write up battle stuff and maybe get a rough map/grid going

boj0
2016-10-19, 08:28 PM
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/boj0/rough_map.jpg?1476934261019&1476934264067&1476934264686&1476934271611
*Oh my god when did Photobucket become so horrible?

All of the giants are 10 feet up on higher ground, but you cannot reach unless you have a ranged weapon/spell. For those of you flying/floating/etc. I roughly assumed where you would be in relation to the group

Initiative
Deadguy 18
Giants 17
Pol detson 15
Root 11
Rendel Nep 8
Infomatic 7
Igordragonic 5

This should be roughly where people should've been when initiative started.
Assume the handlers and goats/goblins will scurry back and cower out of the fight/save themselves

Deadguy
2016-10-20, 07:49 AM
The warlock did not act first. Acting first would be the quickest way to draw the ire and probably a flying rock from these giants. Instead, he gathered up the vile flame that burned within his heart and held it ready for when the giants made the others their target.

Hold Action until after giants act.

boj0
2016-10-20, 04:09 PM
Giant A: takes a swing at C, hits
Giant B: passes, watches A and C fight
Giant C: puts A in a headlock

END OF GIANT'S TURN

Pol Detson
2016-10-20, 04:36 PM
OOC: I should be more in back; there is no reason for Gilgamesh to be so close as long as he see all three giants. But nevermind.

Gligamel, still invisible, takes few steps back, and castes prepared spell. Explosion of bright dust engulfs all giants.

OOC:Glitterdust (Will DC 18, blinded on fail) on all three giants (centre around Giant B head). Gilgamel ends his turn on square 6:6 counting from upper left corner.

root
2016-10-20, 10:24 PM
As far as I can tell on the map, I'm on at the same level as giants. If I'm wrong, I'll correct but I'll proceed according to the most conservative estimates aka worst case scenario

My climb was rolled earlier in OOC so I guess I'm just going with that result.

Rabak grunted as he hoisted himself over the rough stone, a javelin already in his hand. Staying just barely clear of the two giants tussling, apparently oblivious to the orcs, he singled out the third. With grim focus he stared at the giant, summoning all malevolent energies in his disposal until a barely detectable aura of uneasiness and Ill fortune manifested itself among the giants.

He took aim and threw the javelin at the lone giant.

Moving to square directly right of Urak (6 down, 4 left)
[roll0] against GC's AC-2(Dark Companion)
[roll1] javelin damage if hit.
Parking my Dark Companion (Hexblade ACF from Player's Handbook 2) between GC and GB(3 squares from top, 4 from left), affecting both with -2 to Ac and Saves.

Rendel Nep
2016-10-20, 10:55 PM
Seakul is rather unenthused at getting into hand combat with these brutes mainly because he intends to keep his head intact. He moves back about 10 ft diagonally and draws his crossbow.

Root, you're about 15ft along the ledge.

boj0
2016-10-21, 02:03 PM
The glitterdust explodes over the giants, coating them in a cloud of golden dust, two of the giants swing around wildly, while the first giant closer to the edge managed to cover it's eyes.
Giant A passed, B and C are blinded

With his dark presence weakening the beats, Scarhide's javelin screams through the mountain air and sticks into the leader's shoulder with a wet thud.
Attack hit, damage is done

As the battle begins, Seakul slips into position to do what he does best...

Deadguy
2016-10-21, 02:26 PM
The desert orc became visible above the battle. The air around him distorted with green flames that seemed to dance and moan in agony. Urak released this hellish fire upon the leader of the giants, bathing it in the destructive immolation.

Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Reflex dc 22 vs catching fire (2d6 per turn)

boj0
2016-10-21, 05:27 PM
The green flame envelopes the giant, as you smell cooked flesh and burnt hair, tinged with hellish brimstone he shouts and hollers in pain.
Touch attack hits, reflex save failed. woot woot debuff stacking!

Pol Detson
2016-10-21, 05:39 PM
OOC: after giants act...

Gilgamel looked upon his work and smiled. He casts another spell to make sure that giants will be unable to effectively fight against the crew. The giants would be unable to run, too.

OOC: slow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/slow.htm), Will DC 19 on all three giants. Let's stack some more debuffs.

boj0
2016-10-21, 06:04 PM
Still have two more people before it wraps back to you
never mind, will keep that action in mind for when everyone else is done

infomatic
2016-10-22, 03:09 PM
Fen chortles with malicious glee at the burst of light coming from over the edge — she was unused to males embracing magic as an effective tactic.

She hurries to catch up with the rest and hauls herself over the ledge seeking to cut off the giants if they tried to flee.

[roll0]
[roll]1d20+8/[roll] Bear (large size if that matters)

This will probably take all actions; if the slow doesn't grab them next round she'll entangle anybody who tries to run

boj0
2016-10-24, 12:20 PM
So things don't die in confusion: Gerdga failed the climb check by more than 5, so she makes no progress up the ledge, Fen and the bear make it over and climb up. It goes back to Blackhand unless Deadguy wants to hold action again

boj0
2016-10-24, 03:28 PM
The sudden influx of Orcs causes a moment of panic and confusion between the giants, their leader howls in pain and shock, he lets go of giant A and swings wildly (striking giant B), B trips over in his blindness, and A being the only one to notice that they were being attacked by an outside force backs away from the other two and pulls a rock out of his bag.

Pol Detson
2016-10-25, 05:31 AM
Gilgamel looked upon his work and smiled. He casts another spell to make sure that giants will be unable to effectively fight against the crew. The giants would be unable to run, too.

OOC: slow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/slow.htm), Will DC 19 on all three giants. Let's stack some more debuffs. Repost, because DM didn't include it in last update.

boj0
2016-10-25, 12:27 PM
I'm still waiting for Deadguy, he delayed for after the giants, if he doesn't post I'll assume he's holding another action and we'll skip to you casting slow

boj0
2016-10-26, 06:48 PM
Deadguy PM'd me his actions for the turn

With a gathering of baleful energy, Urak Blackhand focuses on the stone that the giant was readying for an attack; speaking aloud, his words vibrate the air and shake the stone.

Object save: (held item using owner's save) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

boj0
2016-10-26, 06:57 PM
The baleful utterance fails to destroy the stone, the giant's massive fingers holding it firm against the assault.

The next wave of arcane energy washed over the giants, a feeling of sluggishness as the world around them felt like it was speeding up.

Taking the hexblade ability into account
GA: [roll0]
GB: [roll1]
GC: [roll2]

root
2016-10-26, 06:58 PM
Watching the giants stumble over each other, blinded, Rabak grinned. Nothing like helpless prey... Even if his usual targets were much smaller.

Rabak broke into a sprint, aiming his body at the giants leg. It was not a graceful movement, more akin to a boulder rolling off the side of the mountain, ugly and full of hideous strength.

Charge at GC. Hit, hopefully.

(+2 from charge, +1 from magic weapon, -2 from power attack (2))
[Roll]1d8+1d12+8 (d12 flying kick, +1 magic weapon, +2 power attack)

Total: 18, see OOC. Turns out you can't add dice >_>

boj0
2016-10-26, 07:12 PM
The leader of the giants couldn't react as Rabak of the Scarhide crashed into him like a boulder of muscle, weapon and body alike punishing the giant for an existence that was not that of ORC!

His large size kept him from toppling right over, but he was hurt, wounded, blinded, and moving like a sloth through the snow. There would be no respite, the Orcs tasted blood, the frenzy had now truly begun.

*Seakul is up next

Rendel Nep
2016-10-27, 12:57 AM
Seeing the giants thrashing and failing, Seakul could not possibly pass up the opportunity dropped in his lap.

He fires his crossbow at one of the Giants. The mouthy one who forgot to say please.

Move action: load Crossbow
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] + [roll2] vs Giant A
I'm assuming I get sneak attack on all of them because they're blind.

boj0
2016-10-27, 10:04 AM
I saw the OOC thread, so Rendel we'll change your target.

Seakul catches the giant off-guard and puntures its hide with a projectile. It hollers in pain as the combat rages on.

*Fen is up

boj0
2016-10-28, 11:59 AM
To save everyone's time and sanity, we're switching to group initiative, so Fen and Gerdga can both make their actions, then the giants can go, then the Black Spear group again

*The giants that were on fire are still on fire and take damage accordingly

infomatic
2016-10-28, 10:05 PM
Scrambling over the top of the ledge, Fen murmurs a harsh-sounding blessing and smacks Ruun on the hindquarters, barking an attack command. The bear rumbles forward like a furry boulder, slashing at the nearest giant. She herself follows, but more slowly, standing ready to ensnare the giants lest they flee.

Swift Action: Nature's Favor (+2) on Bear
Ready cast of Entangle if they run

Bear charges, claws nearest giant (C?)
[roll0] claw [roll1] (forgot to include +2 for charging)
if hit,
[roll2]grapple

Fen:
HP 75/67 (8 temp HP)
AC 17
Effects: Heart of Water/Earth, Magic Fang

Ruun:
HP 62/54 (8 temp hp)
AC 15 (-2 from charge = 13)
Effects: Heart of Water/Earth, Magic Fang, Nature's favor (1 min)

boj0
2016-10-29, 09:50 AM
The massive bear, spurred on by Fen, charges the bloodied giant; with a great paw, it gouges out chunks of flesh from the behemoth. With a cry of pain, it can't resist the might of the animal and cannot pull away from its grip.

igordragonian
2016-10-29, 05:10 PM
Like a hungry leopard, Gerdga tried to hop and climb again toward the source of her attraction blood lust- the giants.

Climb

When she reaching the battle, she swirled the Elf Orphaner, and spinned herself into sensual and maddeningly fast battle dance- charging as blade tornado at the giant which Fen hasn't attacked yet.

"FOR THE PLEASURE OF GRUUMUSH!" she moaned, and then started slashing the giant, while circling him.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Damage

[roll]1d8+10
1d8+10
1d8+10X3
1d8+10X3
1d8+10X3
1d8+10

boj0
2016-10-29, 08:28 PM
With impatience overwhelming, Gerdga lets the ecstasy of bloodlust overtake her; rushing into they frey she swings with a fervor unseen by the giants, or their ancestors. Her weapon, named for the ease it removes Elves from the mortal coil, had no difficulty performing its sacred duty against other monsters. Leaping into battle, she lets loose her zealous fury against one of the giants: blind, slowed, weak. Easy prey, the giant has no defense against the onslaught.

As she removes limb and life, her mind drifts elsewhere, she doesn't see the giant she swings at, but a great Eye of fire and blood.

A thought pops into her head, no, not a thought, a voice!
Deep and powerful, it whispers to her, "CHILD, YOUR SKILL AND FURY HAS BEEN SEEN BY HIS EYE, CONTINUE ON YOUR BLOOD-SOAKED PATH AND FIND YOUR PLACE IN HIS DOMAIN."

As soon as it happened, it faded away. There is a heap of gore that used to be a giant, and the air feels charged.

Roll a single d20 with no modifiers

igordragonian
2016-10-30, 12:21 AM
Gerdga was thrilled, bathed completly in blood and covered with chunks of flesh- she never felt more beatiful and atractive than ever.
She moaned with surprise, and bowed with honor and respect toward the eye, she never shown to no mortal.
"I am so honored!" she sobbed with joy and pleasure.
She finally have been noticed be her love! She bowed so deep.that her forehead has touched the ground, so her feminine weakness won't be exposed.
"I'll make you proud, oh great husband!"

[roll0]

boj0
2016-10-30, 07:37 AM
19 - Divine Strength: +2 permanent bonus to Strength

A bit of fun for the party: you just witnessed Gerdga, in the span of a few moments, reduce an adult giant to a puddle of gore and then start bowing and talking to something nobody else saw. Oh, and then her muscles expand in a flash of red light

boj0
2016-11-01, 08:39 AM
With the second giant reduced to a heap of loose organs, and his leader succumbing to the hellfire that engulfed him, the last giant felt the odds were no longer in his favor. he backs away and tries to jump down the ledge to get away.

This should trigger Fen'Gal casting entangle

Pol Detson
2016-11-02, 04:59 AM
The battle went well. Swift and brutal. Gilgamel noted the divine spell and frowned as he couldn’t identify it on sight. A trick of optics? An exotic ability? Freaky mishap? Something to worry later, perhaps. His crew had no intention of letting a giant go, but also despise to waste any more spells, so he decided to use the most basic of them.

He weaved the simple grease conjuration, making a spot under the giant treacherously frictionless..

Gilgamel casts Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) under the last giant.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-03, 04:20 AM
If anyone had turned to look at Seakul, they'd see a face in shock at the admirable display of butchery that was just put on show. Seakul wasn't sure what the mages had in mind so he just took to taking potshots at the remaining easy target.

Pretty sure the last giant isn't denied his dex bonus or counts as flanked but I'll do the sneak attack damage anyway because if I crit I get sneak attack damage anyway (telling blow feat).

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
then reload
Crit stuff
Crit Confirm [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Sneak damage (in case) [roll4]

root
2016-11-04, 06:49 AM
Awed by Gerdga's savage butchery, Rabak raised a warcry "For Gruumsh!". Seeing the remaining giant flee in face of the carnage, he waded through the gore after the lumbering beast. With a short dash, Rabak attempted to tackle the coward.

[roll0] Grapple <_<
[roll1] if succeed.

Presumably I'm doing a move action to get to the giant, so just one attempt. We could interrogate it or something

boj0
2016-11-04, 12:15 PM
vs grease [roll0]
vs entangle Ref: [roll1] Strength check to break: [roll2]
Hit by Seakul's bolt, Assume you get the sneak attack damage if he fails vs entangle or grease
Grapple vs Scarhide [roll3]

boj0
2016-11-04, 12:19 PM
As the lumbering oaf attempts to flee, he is caught in a multitude of magical assaults; the ground beneath his feet turns slick as he slips and tumbles, as he falls the hardy roots and weeds of the mountain hold him down, growing through Druidic power to bind him. Unable to defend himself, the giant takes an assassin's bolt to a soft spot, howling in pain, it echos throughout the crisp air. Finally, the Scarhide rushes him while weak and pounces on top of him.

It seems the Black Spear has captured a giant...

Pol Detson
2016-11-05, 09:53 AM
Fight seemed to be over.

Gligamesh took the rope and grappling hook from his handy haversack and with them climbed the 10 ft in good pace and without problems.

"Kill him, we don't need no giant to slow us down." he addressed no-one in particular, but it was an obvious thing to do. Then he started to search the fallen giants bodies for money or other useful things. He cut the giant's bags with dagger and shifted through their possessions.

Search check if needed: [roll0].

infomatic
2016-11-05, 11:48 AM
Ruun paws at the earth, obviously eager to pounce on the fallen giant, but Fen steps in front and leans into the bear, holding it back. She wasn't eager to spend the next few hours plucky filthy burrs out of the bear's fur.

She nods at Gilgamel's suggestion; it might have been best if they'd avoided detection, but now they should finish it all quickly. "Shame we've no elf-arrows to leave," she says. "If their fellows find them, it'd be better if they thought the knife-ears did this."

igordragonian
2016-11-05, 06:41 PM
Gerdga, rising up to loot her giant.

"Let's sacrifice his heart and eye to Gruumsh!" she moaned, still shocked... from the vision- and her new strength.
She felt.. weary, and happy.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-05, 09:27 PM
Yeah, we can't keep him. He'd eat us out all or larders in a few short meals. Seakul agrees.

Wait, do the elves even come out this far from the forest? I'd thought it'd be more likely that a Dwarf would patrol the hills. He asks aloud hoping an expert educate the party on such matters.

Seakul also search the campsite for loot but also anything unusual. He's quite thorough and any findings he comes across ends up in a pile for redistribution.

Going to take 20 on my search check for a 31

root
2016-11-05, 11:38 PM
Looking back at the crossbow orc, Rabak pondered, "Who sez we feed him?"

Grinning, he kicked the giant's limp body. The burst of action left him feeling... alive, after hours of trudging through the rocky mountain pass. He let the supernatural darkness re-enter his body as it became clear that the fighting was over.

"Daystar comes soon. We must decide what to do..."

Hearing the other orcs' words, he deliberated for several slow moments. Finally, Rabak added. "Maybe we push them off the side. Rocks claim all, giant or elf. They won't follow us."

igordragonian
2016-11-06, 03:56 AM
"I guess, this might please Gruumsh as well. Does anyone but me, want to claim the honor?"

Pol Detson
2016-11-06, 06:33 AM
"I'll leave sacrifice to you." Gilgamel answered. He was less than ardent follower of gods and divine rites were not within the sphere of magic he mastered.

"We collect out bolts and arrows, cover our tracks and leave them. The giants are not the best investigators or not as sharp and cunning as orcs. They will likely assume that dwarfs did this. "

"Fen, would you cover our tracks, make them hard to read? You seems to know about forests and mountains and hunting..

boj0
2016-11-06, 11:54 AM
The leader had a box in his bag containing 210 pp and a scroll.
Giant B, in the gore, you find a potion.
Between the 3 of them you also find: 3 Large hide armors, 2 Large greatclubs, 1 Large greataxe, a bag of flour, a pile of (now squished) berries, and a bundle of goat fur.

infomatic
2016-11-06, 12:53 PM
Fen nodded and set about the campsite, scattering the fire and the group's tracks around the immediate scene of combat. It wouldn't totally erase their presence, she knew — a savvy tracker might find their footsteps along the path leading here — but there'd be nothing to tie them directly to the slaughter.

Take 10 on survival (24, plus anybody who wants to assist)

Tomorrow I'll make sure to prep Pass without Trace for the lot of us.

Pol Detson
2016-11-06, 02:38 PM
Gilgamel fished out the scroll and the box with money. He flashed a wide grin toward other orcs and said:

"Platinum. I recon around 200 pieces. I knew it was worth to kill the ****ers. "

Then he concentrated to decipher the scroll, while the gold was left for other to share. He was greedy, but no fool. Not sharing the spoils would mean blood and he didn't want to kill any of his new crew. They were useful and they shared a difficult task.

If it's magic scroll I use spellcraft (DC 20+ spell level) to identify it without using read magic. I'll take 10 to get me 27, which means I can identify any spell up to 7 level.

If it's not a spell.. what is written on it?

boj0
2016-11-06, 03:35 PM
The scroll holds an arcane spell of fox's cunning

Also, that's platinum pieces, not gold :smallcool: I rolled very well for your coin treasure.

igordragonian
2016-11-06, 06:06 PM
Gerdga use the goat coat to clean herself from the blood and the gore, and then with her renewed strength she kicking the giant from the cliff.

"Gruumsh! Please accept my token of love and gratitude!!!" she shouted fanaticly. She cared little for the other possessions.

Pol Detson
2016-11-07, 07:40 AM
Gilgamel rolled the scroll and stuck it into the haversack. Then he uncorked the bottle and took small sip. Enough to get taste.

He took also 20 coins from the box as a fair share of spoils, counting with scroll, of course.

OOC: platinum? 2000 gp for us.. sweet:smallbiggrin:

Giglamel will try to identify potion using his experience (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/potionsAndOils.htm#identifyingPotions).

Gilgamel takes the scroll and 20 pp.

boj0
2016-11-07, 05:26 PM
The grease can make for an effective aid to kick a giant down a mountain. After a minute, it sounds more like a rock slide than a screaming giant.

Once the party has had a chance to cool down and collect themselves, they can plan their next action; while that is happening, Blue and Herash return after tracking down the animals in their charge. Blue notices some of the roast goat the giants had is still good and can give you a few extra rations

A strong flavor, like a dark ale, with the slight bitterness of having a bloody lip. It has a thick consistency with a smooth after taste. Bull's strength would be your best guess.

Pol Detson
2016-11-08, 05:36 PM
Gilgamel bit into the greasy goat meat and smiled more.

"Here is a potion of bull's strength. I am not best to use it, so who wants it?

In his mind he calculated the portion of wealth and how it distribute in shares. He took another five pieces of platinum.

"I am ready to go. There is a full day of marching ahead of us. I recon we should be going. "

With 200 pp and potion plus scroll worth 45 pp, we have 245 pp to redistribute. We have party of 6, which give us 40 pp per head. Gilgamel takes 40 (15 pp for 2 level scroll and 25 pp).

igordragonian
2016-11-08, 06:30 PM
"This potion might give me power of titans, if we'l ever need it!" Gerdga said with desire.

root
2016-11-11, 06:52 AM
Rabak waited patiently as the Black Spear group divided the loot. He reminisced of his earlier years as a bandit - overwhelming unsuspecting travelers in the night, gleefully digging through their possessions, the scraps over the shiniest bits. Some of his most beloved trophies and trinkets came from such adventures. Such inefficiency. His stomach growled.

He paid little attention to Gilgamel's words, only nodding and pawing at his share of heavy coins procured from the giants. Wilderness was no place for money, but perhaps it would be useful on their return to Pruumax's host.

"We should go."

Pol Detson
2016-11-11, 08:16 AM
Gilgamel handed the potion to Gerdga with ten coins, divinded resto of platinum between the rest of the orcs.

"Indeed, we should." he echoed Rabak.

Gerdga = potion + 10 pp
rest of primary crew - 41 pp each.

GM, can we go? :smallsmile:

boj0
2016-11-11, 10:35 AM
Let's do this!

After feasting and much revelry in the spoils of victory, the Black Spear is ready to move on; Herash and Blue-tongue have been fairly quiet after returning to the group, with the Goblins being especially timid, after going to catch the creatures that ran away in the noise of combat, they returned to see the Black Spear live up to their frightful reputation: no mercy, no fear, no failure. In the time it took for Blue to wrangle a single goat, a giant had been killed in physical combat by what most militias would consider a scouting party, and before he returned two had been killed and another subdued.

"Truly," he thought to himself, "I am in the presence of the blessed." there had been talk of the female warrior (unthinkable, a female warrior!) who had received a vision from Gruumsh after slaughtering a giant herself. He was no stranger to combat, but he felt insignificant next to his travelling group, but he felt no fear now, this small group could manifest power a hundred-fold more powerful than any normal raiding party. Perhaps that was the point, the Black Spear was to show that the Orcs need not fear any threat from the outside.

After another two days, the descent down the path began, and soon after, the first tree line of Ghost Ash Forest came into view, stunning in its majesty, the white birch trees giving reality to the name. Herash speaks up after picking thorns out of Pui Wik's ears (as a reward for finding a most delicious patch of berries), "It looks like we have made it to our destination in one piece.", looking from the trees to the Black Spear, "It shouldn't be much longer until we meet up with the Gnolls, we have a bit of extra rations from those giants, but it might not hurt to do a bit of hunting beforehand, to make sure we have enough for our time here."

Blue says to Herash, "Those jackals? Literal jackals? Bah, all they can tell us is how they ran from the knife-ears with their tails betwixt their legs, I say we hunt and warm our blood before we burn the Elves down."

Meet up with the Gnolls, or venture out on your own?

Rendel Nep
2016-11-11, 05:11 PM
I say we should stick to the Inner Circle's instructions and make contact. Being creative with which orders we carry out this early isn't going to curry favour with the Chiefs and it could leave us unprepared for any surprises. Seakul suggests then waits for others opinions.

igordragonian
2016-11-12, 04:29 PM
"Let's fuel the gnoll with passion and desire to kill elves! And more importantly- with respect to Gruumsh and his children! Why to hunt, when we cane what we need from the weaker?

Pol Detson
2016-11-13, 05:17 AM
"Aye. We should get as much information as possible out of the Gnolls." Gilgmel said, thinking that only a fool would bleed for something he could ask without lose of face.

boj0
2016-11-13, 03:01 PM
After a brief break for discussion, the Black Spear makes the trek to the edge of the forest, Herash produces a map that should lead to the cavern that the Gnoll tribe lives in.

"Well let's move out and find them."

Knowledge (Geography), Survival, and Spot may be rolled to help with following the map; Hide, Move Silently, and Spot/Listen can be used to make sure that you aren't found.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-13, 09:33 PM
Spot check for navigation [roll0]

Stealthiness checks
Hide [roll1]
Move silently [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
Spot [roll4]

Pol Detson
2016-11-14, 06:36 AM
Gilgamel immidietly started to study the maps. He took time to do it right. He plotted the shortest and the best way to get where they are heading. He double checked all his deductions and then points.

"This way!"

When all orcs are again on the move, he take few steps behind the group and activate his ring. No reason to take first arrows of potential ambush.

Knowledge geography to study map - take 20 for total of 27.

Gilgamel will move under effect of ring of invisibility all the time:smallwink:.

igordragonian
2016-11-14, 05:02 PM
Survival
[roll0]

Hide
[roll1]

root
2016-11-14, 10:28 PM
"More bodies in Gruumsh' service is best. Even if they're not orcs."

Rabak never encountered a gnoll before. Sure, at the loose briefings the Black Spears got before their venture he heard of the hyena faced men, supposedly living in uneasy peace with their mortal enemy. Ignorant of the finer details of geography and navigation, he followed the group.

boj0
2016-11-15, 12:26 PM
With some expert navigation ability the Black Spear was able to follow the crude map to the best of their ability.

The Ghost Ash Forest certainly lived up to its name however, the slim, white trunks of the trees and the fog gave an eerie feeling, the sounds of animals were a natural orchestra of noises along with the random snapping of twigs, wind through the branches, and the occasional yap of some canine creature in the distance.

10+ not wolves or foxes
15+ possibly your Gnoll contacts or their hyenas

You constantly have a feeling of being watched, but with the density of the trees and the fog it is hard to tell exactly what is going on out there.
http://www.americanforests.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Path-Through-Birch-Forest-on-a-Foggy-Winter-Day-glasseyes-view-via-Flickr.jpg
"Hope fully we get into Gnoll territory soon, Gruumsh willing". Herash whispers.

After some time, you do manage to spot some roughly humanoid shapes up ahead, Gnolls by the looks of it.
They seem to have noticed you as well, there are 4 of them standing around a deer in a trap, throat freshly sliced.
The largest one stands and looks to you, in its barking, laugh-like voice it calls out, "Heh heh heh who are you? Orcs? These are our woods and our kill heh hehe turn around and we will leave you to the slight ones to kill heh hehe heh."
The rest are looking to the large one with hands on weapons at the ready.

igordragonian
2016-11-15, 02:23 PM
"Are you really fool enough, to attempt to scare us? You are so weak, that you can't overpower even a woman like me! Huh!", Gerdga snored, mocking the gnolls.

infomatic
2016-11-15, 06:20 PM
"Careful, Gerdga … they did kill the scary deer," Fen guffaws. Their boldness was troubling though — couldn't gnolls count? She glances around the thicket, in case the hunters had hidden allies.

[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

Spells reprepped: Going forward should I have pass w/o trace up daily? I should be able to cover everybody except the goats/mule

Pol Detson
2016-11-15, 06:24 PM
Gilgamel, still invisible, observes without any emotion as they proceed. He is not a front-man, a sweet talker. He study the surrounding, ready for an unexpected. He didn't like the forest and it was more than confusing for him - open seas were his home..

I will remain invisible and don't say anything more for time being, so don't wait for me with DM' responses. I will try to spot anything out of order during the time my crew is doing the talking:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rendel Nep
2016-11-15, 07:33 PM
Seakul emerges from the back before speaking up.

Remember we're here to parley. He urges in Orcish, hoping to at least get some information out of the gnolls before the flea bitten curs become worm food.

Easy there squire! While that there be looking like some mighty fine grub ye just captured it actually be the slim ones we be seeking. You see, we be awfully mighty curious about what sort of fight they could put up. Seakgul says offering open palms in a sign of peace.

Now I Be unsure what we can offer ye but we did fell some ggiants on the to these here woods. I be willing to offer ye some of my share of the plunder for any knowledge ye might be privy to. he continues, shaking his bag of coins.

Now Before ye consider killing and looting our hides, I best tell ye, that Gerdga alone, single handedly keel hauled one of the giants. The gory aftermath even got our god Ole One-eye looking over on the fearsome bloodthirsty wench. Now would ye willing to chat? He asks, nodding to the Barbarian hoping she'd take his cue to look even more .

Diplomacy check [roll0]

root
2016-11-16, 04:27 PM
Rabak stood silent, his arms crossed at his chest as the group stopped at the sight of the dog men. He nodded at Seakul, wondering what the orc had in mind.

"These mutts better have a good excuse for not slaughtering knife ears right now", he said under breath, vaguely remembering the briefings on Ghost Ash forest from way back at the camp.

Letting Seakul engage in the finer points of diplomacy, he focused on the surroundings, trying to figure out whether or not they were more gnolls than he could plainly see.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

Also, I don't know Gnoll... So it's entirely possible that I don't understand what hyenas are saying.*

*nevermind, read the OOC. Still, leaving the talking to others for now although if things go badly I might attempt to intimidate

boj0
2016-11-16, 05:51 PM
Rules-wise, Spot and Listen checks take a much more substantial penalty than Move Silently. Unless you and another group literally end up right next to each other (like what happened) it is very difficult to know if you see anything, that said, I could be lying and you have been followed this whole time :smallwink:

The larger of the Gnolls takes a step forward, and speaks to Gerdga, "It would be you lot that would have trouble with one of our females!" with that, their group lets out a burst of dog-laughter. then turning to Seakul, "You speak strange for an Orc, are you an idiot they dared to speak up?" More laughter form the Gnolls. "Wait, Kybella," one of the smaller Gnolls steps forward, "Did the Elders speak of Orcs coming to help us kill Elves?" "Wait, they did say something about something called a brown spear or something, war with knife-ears and all that; is that you lot?" The leader says to the group.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-17, 12:43 AM
"Avast! This be the dialect of the High seas! I've been living amongst salty seadogs, cutthroats, corsairs, pirates and buccaneers! And then a Landlubber came to me speaking of new opportunities. 'Tis a sad irony that I speak perfectly fluent conversational Orc but Aye, we be the Black spears!"

igordragonian
2016-11-17, 04:53 PM
Gerdga's nose rills widened with growing rage at the gnolls's laughter.

"We are the Black Spear!" she hissed. "We demand your hospitality and aid against tje filthy elves!"

boj0
2016-11-20, 04:42 PM
"Very well, Orcs, you shall have our hospitality, but know that there are more than Gnolls and Elves in these woods and you would do well hehehehe to show us respect, less we leave you to your fate here."

The other Gnolls start untying the deer and begin to wrap it for the trip to their clan home, the largest, Kybells motions for you to follow, but stay close. They will take you to their leader to discuss the Elf menace.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-22, 06:12 AM
Ha! Thought as much. Seakul remarks in orcish before returning back to his heavily accented common.

"Aye, we had been thinking there may be some unfathomables out there. It seemed to be a tad daft wandering blindly in there here woods when we be having local expertise to guide us." He replies jovially but keeping hushed.

Pol Detson
2016-11-22, 11:15 AM
Gilgamel dispelled the invisibility. No point in hiding if they are going into deep Gnoll's territory. It could only complicate things, if some shaman spotted him and think he has nefarious purposes.

He joined the group and waited for Gnolls to pack the dead deer.

boj0
2016-11-22, 12:06 PM
How far back was Gilgamel when he dispelled the invisibility? Just a rough estimate is fine

Pol Detson
2016-11-22, 12:18 PM
~20 ft behind the group.

root
2016-11-22, 03:51 PM
"Some real guides!", Rabak mentioned in orcish.

"Unlike small sniveling things that can't spot a giant in the open..."

He chortled, following the group closely.

igordragonian
2016-11-22, 05:36 PM
"I just hope it won't take long- my husband probably already losing patience." Gerdga said with a sigh.

Rendel Nep
2016-11-25, 06:41 AM
"Gerdga, just as a suggestion, speak to a member of the clergy when we get back. I think it'll help. They can fill in the gaps in what you know about Gruumsh." Seakul quietly suggests.

"That knowledge might inform you how to serve him better as a wife. After all, he's no mere mortal husband and they say the gods are supposed to be unscrut... hard to understand." he adds delicately, unsure of the nature of Gerdga's temper or the extent of her vocabulary.

Seakul is merely trying to ensure that he's likely to to partner with in combat is in a relatively healthy mental place.

boj0
2016-11-27, 05:11 PM
So apparently, the response I thought I posted a few days ago didn't get posted at all, so this post might get a little long

With Gilgamel dismissing the invisibility, Kybella growls at the Orcs, "Anymore tricks you'd like to tell us about?" Leaving that bit of tension in the air, she nods to her pack to move, and selhe leads the group deeper into the woods, "I don't know what your shamans promised our Elders, but we take great risk in prodding the knife-ears; I have no love for the Elves hehehe but I know the stories told to our pups of when there would be raids almost constantly, we live to breed and to hunt, and one day we shall kill those soft apes heheheHHAHAHA."

The wind rustles throughout the woods, shrieks of various animals call out, after what seemed like an exceptionally long and tense hour (not the least of which came from the constant feeling of being watched by...something).

After the walk, Kybella and the other Gnolls bring you to the mouth of a cave and one of them goes in. "This is where you shall meet with Elder Giandar," one of the other hyena-men says to you, "be nice and watch your words or she may have us eat you for the winter hehehe."

Some minutes later a voice comes from the cave, no wait, not the cave; you feel it in the back of your head, quiet but louder than anything around you.
"ENTER AND SPEAK CHILDREN OF GRUUMSH"

The cave is lit with torches and lanterns, as the group makes its way in, you fell the air grow damp and heavy, breathing feels slow, but not enough to choke.
You feel the weight of both time and your own bodies, how long had you been walking? Ache and exhaustion begin to gnaw at your mind. Anger and resentment begin to bubble up, Herash has his hand so tight on one of the Goblins, he might just crush it.

20+ Not quite an illusion, but some type of ward, perhaps? Unlike any wards or barriers you know of
And then...calm.
"WELCOME BLACK SPEAR, SIT AND REST."
You find yourself in a warm room, with furs and grasses lad out everywhere. There is a figure seated at the opposite end of where you came in, wearing a large deer skull and covered in a robe of fur and leaves. You see no features, but feel an aura of malice and power.

"Be respectful, and listen to the mother's words; these words are for your group alone, we shall take your animals and slaves with us to the entrance. You will know when to come back."

Kybella and the other Gnolls leave you in the sacred room, the glyphs and murals on the wall paint a most glorious story of fire and blood, iron and fang crushing the Elves. The large symbol behind the Elder is that of a three headed flail, with bleeding skulls instead of metal weights, glows ever so subtly with a purple flame.

10+ This is the symbol of Yeenoghu, Demon Prince of the Abyss, and the patron fiend of the Gnolls

Elder Giandar motions with her hand for your group to sit in audience with her, "PLEASE SIT, WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS."

Rendel Nep
2016-11-28, 04:18 AM
Seakul gives the Elder a sailor's salute and settles down.

Ahoy, M'am. I be Seakul. We not be 100% sure if we've totally settled on who be cap'n these early days but I seem to do the parley. He says.

[roll0]
Rest of response is dependent on this.

Pol Detson
2016-11-28, 05:56 AM
On the road:

"No one here have any love for elves. Tell me, do you know of any elven mages living alone in those woods?" he asked. Many wizard and many elves build their houses in hard to reach and isolated places. It could expose them to the attack and the loot that the group could find would be useful. Pre-empative killing of magical support would go long way toward ensuring Crusade success.

In the Elder's cave.

Spellcraft:[roll0]
Know:religion [roll1]

Gilgamel stopped at the entrance, feeling mental assault. It was repelled by his iron will.. but he was not sure about his crew. Or what it was. On the other hand, magic had few disadvantages - one of them is that it was easy to spot, if only by those who know how to look.

"Did you all felt that?" he asked

Gilgamel casts Detect Magic; and scans the surroundings, paying attention to everything inside and his comrades (especially for enhancement auras).

"Aye. I am Gilgamesh Shipburner. At you service, if the service involve killing elves." Gilgamel also gave the salior's salute to the Elder. No reason to be disrespectful. No reason to lower one's guard too. He sat and watched the surroundings though his spell-granted magic sense.

boj0
2016-11-29, 05:00 PM
Kybella tells you that they tend to avoid any Elven arcanists if they can help it, with a kill on sight order for any that they find alone in Gnoll territory.
Other than that, she assumes that they would stay near any settlements the knife-ears have.

@Gilgamel - Yeenoghu, Ruler of between 3 and 5 layers of the Abyss depending on planar power struggles. Not a creator deity like Gruumsh, more of a patron lord; Yeenoghu saw the Gnolls as a kindred spirit and acts as their divine representative in the cosmic order. Favors triple-headed flails, taking slaves, killing Elves and Dwarves (and most good-aligned forest dwellers).
@Seakul - you know that symbol from a few different Gnolls you've met on ships; from what you remember it would be similar to seeing a giant Eye of Gruumsh on the wall behind Prumax, a show of authority as much as to show reverence. But he isn't their god, but they worship him like one; Gnolls are strange..

With your Spellcraft roll, you assume the nausea was a type of enchantment or abjuration meant to keep certain races and creatures out, the Gnolls seemed unaffected, but since you were able to make it through, it treated you as non-hostile/non-Gnoll (not a friend or enemy).
Your detect magic (1st round) reveals the presence of powerful magic, staring at the symbol too long gives you a dull pain behind your eyes.

root
2016-11-29, 06:42 PM
Rabak powered through the fatigue, doing his best to keep up calm and silent composure. The cavern almost reminded him of home, if only disgustingly damp and full of gnolls. The altitude was all wrong, too... no icy drafts howled through the halls, fresh mountain air left many miles behind.

Upon entering the Elder's sanctum, he wisely kept his trap shut. Long years of "study" under his mentor left him with grudging respect for spellweavers. Instead, he focused on the symbol at the back, trying to determine its meaning.

[roll0] Knowledge Religion. I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll probably make the basic DC

I think I'm going to leave the talking to someone else here heh

igordragonian
2016-11-29, 06:58 PM
On the road

Gerdga laughed. "My first husband was a cleric of Gruumsh. Who else could make me, love our god so much?!"

At the Cave

For a moment, she almost drawed her weapons and went into rampage, just before, she relaxed again.
Gerdga sensed the power of the female in front of her. She doesn't care much for the art and symbols- but Gerdga respected her.

"I am Gerdga, Wife Of Gruumsh.' she presented herself, bowing her head slightly, and sat.
"Killing elves is my desire- I believe we might have the same desire.." she said with a friendly smile.

boj0
2016-11-30, 07:16 PM
"IT IS GOOD YOU CARRY THAT HATE FOR THE ELVES", the voice feels like it is coming from the Elder, but not from her mouth..."YOUR SHAMANS WISHED TO KNOW HOW MANY OF THE STAR-BORN ARE PLAGUING THESE WOODS, WE HAVE SKIRMISHED AND SCRAPED WITH THEM FOR DECADES BUT WE DO NOT VENTURE INTO THEIR TERRITORY". She points to a part of the wall, and the mural on the cave wall seems to become more vibrant. Depictions of a group of Elves on one side of the trees, and the Gnolls on the other, with the middle of the piece a mash-up of blood and bodies, claws and fire. "PAST THE BATTLEGROUNDS, TO THE HEART OF THE ELVES HOME, YOU SHALL FIND YOUR ANSWERS."

The aura in the room feels like it is wrapping around you, the feeling of hate and anger rising again.
"SHOW YOUR DEVOTION TO OUR CAUSE, GIVE US A SACRIFICE AND I SHALL SHOW YOU WHERE YOUR PREY LIES IN WAIT"

Giander wishes to use the blood of a sacrifice to perform a powerful divination spell. The group can decide what sort of living being they would like to use.

Rendel Nep
2016-12-06, 04:59 AM
Can ye be giving us a bit of time to think this over? We be wanting to come up with something worthy. Seakul requests and gestures the group to huddle up.

Well...Let's face it a goat would simply be insulting. We have a goblin slave we could offer but honestly, I don't think we'd be sacrificing much if we give it as tribute to Yeenoghu. What could we come up with? He asks mutedly in orcish.

Pol Detson
2016-12-06, 07:12 AM
"An elf." Gilgamel answered. "There are patrols about the forest, we can ambush one and capture elven warrior. The Prince of Gnolls favourite victims. "

root
2016-12-06, 09:30 AM
"An elf.", Rabak confirmed. "What better sacrifice could there be? The goblin's worthless."

igordragonian
2016-12-06, 10:43 AM
Gerdga smiled.
"Yes....yes... Elf would be most fitting. Should we bring the elf... In one piece?" she has asked with widening and scary grin.

boj0
2016-12-06, 01:57 PM
The Elder appears visibily taken aback by this proposal, "THE POINT OF THIS RITUAL IS TO FIND THE ELVES YOU SO DESPERATELY WISH TO KILL, IF YOU WISH TO DO THIS THE HARD WAY I WILL NOT STOP YOU."
Roll a Sense Motive check if you wish
"I WILL HAVE MY WARRIORS LEAD YOU TO THE EDGE OF OUR TERRITORY, THOUGH I DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO HAVE MORE LUCK THAN OUR HUNTERS WHO LIVED IN THESE WOODS THEIR ENTIRE LIVES." She makes a sweeping motion with her hand, and then magical effects around her seem to dim.

Kybella and the other Gnolls come down, back into the den.
"BRING THESE ORCS TO THE LINE AND LET THEM DO THIS THEIR OWN WAY."

With a gaze that could shatter glass, Kybella snorts at the Orcs and beckons them to follow. "Hehehehe I don't know what would possess you foolish Orcs to dismiss the token of aid that the Elder offered, do you really think you can hunt Elves better than us in our own woods?"

Pol Detson
2016-12-06, 04:30 PM
Gilgamel looked straight into Kybella eyes.

"Yes. We do think we are better than you at hunting elves in your own woods, gnoll." orc sailor said. It might be a empty boast, but he would be damned if he let the creature mock them without response.

When they reach the line, he turns invisible and fallows his crew.

using ring of invisibility.

Rendel Nep
2016-12-06, 05:36 PM
We not be expecting to find all the knife-ears in their gilded tree barrens. We be finding that one naive idiot who be wandering alone or a tired patrol. Besides we be Blackspear and the best at what we do. Practicably be obliged to show you up. 'Specially since I be restraining meself from retailatiing for that slight against me and my accent as a matter of courtesy and fostering Orc-Gnoll relations. Seakul responds gloweringly at the end.

Sense motive for Funsies [roll0]

After fuming for a second, a thought popped into his head
why did the Elder think we were desperate to kill the elves? he asks the group in orcish.

boj0
2016-12-06, 06:01 PM
That was an odd choice of words from the Elder, "...that you so desperately wish to kill..."

igordragonian
2016-12-06, 06:54 PM
"We just want to give your master a worthy sacrifice. We were chosen by Gruumsh- of course we will succeed!" Gerdga smiled with pride, and followed the others.

"Who care?" she shrugged as answer to Seakull.
Maybe this is some sort of test."

root
2016-12-06, 11:17 PM
"We will succeed", Rabak confirmed. "The dogs are just playing with our heads. If they were Gruumsh' blessed children, the forest would be long rid of elves by now."

[roll0] Sense motive, just in case I manage to clue in

boj0
2016-12-07, 12:31 AM
With that score, nothing about her words really stuck out for you; it is up to you if you agree with Seakul's interpretation

boj0
2016-12-09, 03:19 PM
The Gnolls lead you to the edge of the woods, and with a spit and a snort Kybella announces that you have reached the end of their territory, "We will not going any further on a fool's errand Orcs." She gives a low growl to the others and they turn to leave.

Blue asks the group after the Gnolls are out of sight, "So, how do we plan on finding Elves? Put up a sign for free flowers?"

Did the group want Blue and Herash to bring the Goblins and Goats?
If you bring them, you have disposable scouts and food, but it will be harder to be sneaky. If you left them behind, you leave them to the mercy of the Gnolls, who could very well eat them all for fun.

root
2016-12-12, 12:43 AM
"We should stick together. I don't trust these dogs..." Rabak uttered.

"If the elves control these lands, they will be on lookout for travelers. Anyone they don't expect. We could set up a trap..."

He reminisced of his old days of raiding travelers making their way through the mountains. Sometimes, the guards were too numerous, or well equipped, for a wild charge in the middle of a night to work. The Scarhides had to employ subterfuge. Let a heavily cloaked figure stagger through the night, of no apparent threat, to lure out the defenders. When they came close, the raiding party would pounce mercilessly.

"Could send in a decoy. Maybe one of you mage types can create an illusion?"

Pol Detson
2016-12-12, 06:39 AM
"Not right now. I did not prepare spell that could summon or create something sufficient for such a task."

Rendel Nep
2016-12-13, 09:34 AM
"Ooh I know set a tree on fire they're bound to come running." Seakul says with a hint of sarcasm.

igordragonian
2016-12-13, 10:30 AM
'Let's do it,!" Gerdga said with an excitement, missing the sarcasm.

Pol Detson
2016-12-13, 11:16 AM
"That is a smart idea. If we start setting fires, they will send rangers to investigate.. Then we can set an ambush." Gilgamel asnwered the suggestion. Elegance of some plans lies in simplicity, no need to be sarcastic about that fact.

boj0
2016-12-13, 12:54 PM
For those of you thinking about fire, roll a Knowledge (nature) check

root
2016-12-13, 06:28 PM
I'll give it a chance. Mind you, I'm not trained in Knowledge and have negative int modifier.

[roll0] Knowledge Nature, to a max DC of 10

"A fire sounds good...", Rabak agreed and scratched his head.

igordragonian
2016-12-13, 07:30 PM
[roll0]

"OF course it is!"

boj0
2016-12-13, 11:12 PM
I have never, in 20 years of playing D&D, seen a roll of zero.

Pol Detson
2016-12-14, 04:37 PM
"Not many situations could not be improved by fire!" Gilgamel agreed.

Know:nature [roll0]

boj0
2016-12-14, 06:34 PM
For the most part, you know that you can't start a fire in any random spot, it could easily become out of control and kill you all with this dry air. If you get a spot with sparse vegetation around it, and prepare accordingly, you could start a large fire without getting caught in it.

Rendel Nep
2016-12-14, 07:34 PM
Seakul looks surprised that everyone is agreeing with him.

"Really? You're sure? Didn't think I was much of an ideas man. Beyond basic literacy and numeracy, all I've done has been snooping, spying, stabbing and stealing. From non-orcs of course. Sort of thought you needed some sort of background knowledge to come up with something doesn't have the inherent risk of killing you." He says surprised and unsure that this really a good idea. He thinks a bit harder on his plan. Would the elves really care about just one tree catching fire? And if they did how many would they send?

igordragonian
2016-12-15, 06:52 PM
"We just need to find a fine place, for an ambush- and maybe prepare ropes. I believe my strength would be enough to hold any weak elf, but just to make it a bit easier. Aye?"

boj0
2016-12-16, 03:08 PM
As the Black Spear decide to literally smoke the Elves out, Herash asks,"Aren't we at the edge of the Gnoll lands? Should we move a bit closer to the Elves so they would get to us before those stupid dogs do?"

Pol Detson
2016-12-16, 03:43 PM
"Sure, let's get moving! We need a proper place and some preparation to not get caught in the flames, and we can smoke the elves out!"

root
2016-12-16, 03:54 PM
"Lets go further then. Elves come before the gnolls."

Having never been in an elven land before, Rabak thought about all the rumours about elves. They say an elf could put an arrow through your eye at 100 paces. They said one could hide behind a tree so well that even if you cut it down, you won't find him.
Such nonsense. He quickly dispelled his doubts, adding brashly

"I will get us an elf. The dogs wanted one alive, but said nothing about limbs..."

igordragonian
2016-12-17, 05:36 PM
Gerga following around, letting the Elf Widower stay on her back for this time.

Rendel Nep
2016-12-18, 09:05 PM
Seakul follows behind Gerda in a path that leaves the rogue close to some sort of cover as if he was anticipating an ambush.

Pol Detson
2016-12-19, 05:34 AM
Gilgamel will fallow, still invisible, and look for a perfect spot to start a fire.

boj0
2016-12-19, 04:45 PM
After deciding that bold actions will win the day, the Black Spear pushes deep into the unclaimed land in the Ghost Ash; for a few tense hours you move in, the skills of your pirate and mages help in keeping everyone on the right track. Blue knows a bit about navigating in a forest and keeps you from running into any of the massive beasts that might be looking for food.

Eventually, you find, what you would think, is the perfect spot. The trees here look dried and old, with patches of brownish grass spattered about. It felt like Autumn came to this area a month ahead of the rest of the woods.

The group decides to start clearing out a break line, so that you don't end up killing yourselves if the fire gets out of control, and gathering up logs and kindling around one of the larger trees in the area.

After a bit, the sparks and flames begin to grow and consume, the bonfire grows to an inferno around the large tree, and then you hear it, from the flames. A blood-curdling scream of pain and agony coming from the fire. You can't make out the language, Sylven - HELP! HELP ME! but it sounds loud and tragic.

Over the scream, you hear the trees behind you crash apart, and what looks like a cross between a large man and a tree pushes its way forward and bellows at you. HOW DARE YOU, ORCFOLK, SET CRUEL FIRE TO THIS PASSING ONE!.

It begins to step forward to you menacingly.

igordragonian
2016-12-19, 05:39 PM
"Oh! Hail my husband! A rabbit fell into our trap!" She prepared her chains.

Rendel Nep
2016-12-19, 08:20 PM
"Shiver me timbers!" Seakul exclaims in common and draws his crossbow.

Pol Detson
2016-12-20, 08:32 AM
"This seems like a perfect occasion to get what we want. Stop the walking tree. I will check the scream, we can get the sacrifice there. "

He then cast another spell, turning and shifting into red dragon, making himself immune to fire and capable to fly fast.

Polymorph into Red Dragon Wyrmling; I get fire subtype as per spell and immunity to fire. Then I move with full speed (150 ft) to the source of the scream.

Gilgamel is still invisible.

boj0
2016-12-20, 10:34 AM
Good polymorph choice!

As the group cautiously circles the large tree-beast, Gilgamel bends the magic around him, shifting his form to that of a small Red Dragon, with new speed and no fear if the fire, he discovers what screamed from the fire...it was the tree itself!

You must have built the fire right on top of an old Treant, all the same, it burnt as well as any other tree...

root
2016-12-22, 07:05 AM
[roll0]

The loud incomprehensible groans, almost like speech, interrupted the merry bonfire. As the tree turned person started to move, Rabak had no choice but to react. "Elvish treachery!", he spat through his teeth as he readied himself.

Pol Detson
2016-12-22, 10:04 AM
"Curses!" he roared with his dragon's lungs. He expected dryad or satyr, not another tree. He flew up and in direction of his crew and prepared for battle.

Red dragon wyrmlings are medium size.:smallwink: I will use move action to get back. If it's in initiative order:
[roll0]

igordragonian
2016-12-22, 06:22 PM
"Let it leave! It might be even worthier sacrifice than an elf!" Gerdga pulled her Elf Orphaner swirling it, above her head prepared to charge.

[roll0]

Rendel Nep
2016-12-23, 07:14 PM
"More awkward to kill too. Apart from the whole burning thing."

Initiative [roll0]

boj0
2016-12-28, 11:03 PM
The large Treant lumbers forward, and with a mighty roar you feel the dying trees around you rumble with pain and anger.

Group wins initiative and goes first, assume that the group is 70ft away from the creature. The battlefield is fairly bare, the ground is mostly dead grass and branches, so we'll bypass a map until tomorrow

root
2016-12-30, 03:06 AM
Thanks to my 40 ft speed, I can charge to the treant...

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] damage from Flying Kick feat

With a beastly howl, Rabak tackled the tree man. He's never seen a tree this large, not to mention animate... but it didn't look too different from his usual prey.

igordragonian
2017-01-01, 07:12 PM
Then she using her bow, I didn't knew it was THAT far.
if you agree-

[roll0]
[roll1]

If hit-
damage-
[roll2]
[roll3]

Gerdga pulled a long composite bow, which looked impressive and powerful enough to serve her.
"For the love of Gruumsh!" she roared as she sent one after another, two arrows toward the tree thing.

Rendel Nep
2017-01-03, 07:45 AM
Seakul fires a bolt before moving in closer, trying to keep reasonably close to the two frontliners.

Seakul attacks and move closer by 30 ft
Range Attack[roll0] Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] Critical Damage [roll3]

I know it's a bit meta but I actually need to make a critical success to even having the remote possibility of having Seakul damaging the treant. Until I get him into melee that is.

boj0
2017-01-03, 03:09 PM
Treants try to get into melee combat, so everyone will be able to fall in next initiative pass assuming they move. Pol Detson still needs to go, but then the treant will move forward[/I]

Pol Detson
2017-01-05, 05:15 PM
The dragon roars and fly up, not willing to attack, but observe the spread of fire.

Is our fire spreading according to plan? No attack, I don't want to get hit..

boj0
2017-01-11, 04:06 PM
The fire is still mostly centered around the original ignition point, but the wind should be able to carry it once it grows a bit more

The Treant roars in anger and disgust at the Orcs, the one closest to it is the first to feel it's wrath, swinging arms as thick and strong as any branch, the massive creature wastes no time in attempting to end this quickly.

Attack vs Rabak
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Rendel Nep
2017-01-20, 05:23 AM
Seakul sighs with a look of conflict strong across his face. He darts towards Rabak's opponent and attempts to slash at the treant.

Attempt to move into flanking with Rabak.
Tumble through the treant's space if necessary [roll]1d20+14/roll]
Designate the treant as the target of Seakul's dodge bonus
Activate Death Strike Bracers with a swift action allowing Seakul's critical hits and sneak attacks to affect plants lasts for one round.
Attack with +1 keen Kukri [roll0] maybe +2 with flanking Damage [roll1] (possibly +3 with insightful strike due to the Deathstrike bracer's effects) slashing + [roll2] sneak attack damage.
Crit confirmation [roll3] (+2?) Damage [roll4]

boj0
2017-01-20, 01:45 PM
Looks like that tumble roll got cut apart, if you want to try that again.

But otherwise, the attack hits across the Tree Best, to great effect, it howls as the enchanted blade slices across its bark leaving a nasty wound.

igordragonian
2017-01-21, 07:34 PM
Gerdga put her bow, back to place. Taking the Elf Orphaner, she roaring like a beast, charging forward slashing at the stupid tree creature like a wind of steel!

Elf Orphaner Flurry of attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

damage
[roll]1d8+9[roll]
[roll]1d8+9[roll]
[roll]1d8+9[roll]
[roll]1d8+9[roll]
[roll]1d8+9[roll]

boj0
2017-01-23, 06:17 PM
Assuming you charged into a flanking position with one of the other combatants (being expert warriors, I am just going to say that Seakul moved in to the most optimal position for this), Gerdga hits with one of her axe swings.

root
2017-01-30, 10:23 PM
Reeling from two terrible blows, Rabak barely held his ground. Grunting, he threw himself at the animated tree once again, twisting and tearing at its bark with his bare hands.

Going to get my Dark Companion adjacent to Treant in any empty space, so it should be at -2 AC/ saves

Not sure if flanking is applicable or not, so not going to include it. If it's possible to get into a flanking position with one of the others via 5 foot step, assume that I do it before full attack, I guess?

Flurry of blows
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Edit:

I should be at either 24/60 hp right now, or at 28/60 hp if my DR/magic applies.
AC back to 21. Welp...

Edit 2: I guess if we're trying to subdue it, I'm doing non-lethal damage.