PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 brimorak

Kish
2016-10-07, 11:09 PM
Very simple question. To which I expect the answer will be a very simple "no," but it can't hurt to ask.

Does the brimorak demon exist in 3.5 (or 3.0, for that matter) D&D?

Eisfalken
2016-10-07, 11:55 PM
Very simple question. To which I expect the answer will be a very simple "no," but it can't hurt to ask.

Does the brimorak demon exist in 3.5 (or 3.0, for that matter) D&D?

Short answer: no, I can find no official source for it in 3.5 (and I tried to spot-check for it by another name, but didn't see anything).

Long answer: Even in official D&D, the Abyss is a huge, twisted place of almost pure Chaos. The brimorak "could" exist, easily, simply by importing it and re-tuning its stats for 3.5 slightly as needed.

And as a DM... I'd do it in a heartbeat. Of all the places in this game where DM fiat has merit, the Abyss is it, hands down. That plane is thought to be partially sentient and malicious anyway; the notion that it wouldn't dream up some new horror to torment the players with is laughable.

I have always run the Abyss as the worst of the worst of the worst places any player can go to, simply because I let them know straight off the bat that the only thing separating it from the Far Realms is the notion that the Abyss still follows a few very basic cosmological constants; it mostly won't break your mind just trying to look at it.

If you're a DM looking to bring it in, do it.

If you're a player, I can tell you how the DM might warm to the idea: horrific arcane experimentation. As in, your PC doing stuff that only other demons like obyriths normally do...