PDA

View Full Version : My avatar

Hades' Watchdog
2007-07-10, 04:49 PM
I can see everyone else's avatars just fine, but not mine. When I'm looking at a post of mine and refresh, I see a little 80x80 frame appears below my name, with a little piece of paper with the polygons on it in the upper-left hand corner. But after a fraction of a second, the frame disappears.

Does this happen to anyone else? Can other people see my avatar? Is there some formatting rule that I'm missing? Is it related to the thing at the top of each page that talks about "bandwidth and server load capacity issues?"

Ego Slayer
2007-07-10, 04:53 PM
I don't see your avatar. Can you show me the url? Have you got the "use custom avatar" box checked?

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 04:55 PM
I can't see it either. It's possible that your host doesn't allow you to link to images from other sites. Or maybe you got the URL wrong.

The server load thingie doesn't affect avatars, since they aren't stored on the GiantITP server.

Quincunx
2007-07-10, 05:00 PM
That's odd, your avatar was working earlier today. . .say, three hours ago. (It was a representation of Cerberus facing the right-hand side?)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-10, 05:11 PM
Not sure what's going on with it, but when I check the direct link to your avatar url, I get a 404 Not Found error. Make sure your avatar didn't accidentally get deleted. If it's there, make sure there's no error in the filename you provided.

Hades' Watchdog
2007-07-10, 05:24 PM
Ah! I must have misclicked when I was deleting, then re-uploading a file earlier today. I notice that I have two copies of it. I must've deleted my avatar instead. Thanks, people.