PDA

View Full Version : E6 E6 Builds

Blackhawk748
2016-10-08, 02:32 PM
I like E6, i find that it lets you get away with doing some pretty weird stuff. So im just curious what sort of weird/awesome stuff the playground has done in E6?

For example i recently had an idea for a Wizard 1/Rogue 5 who would dual wield wands of scorching ray (or any other decent ranged touch attack) and just chuck a crap ton of D6s.

So what interesting things have you come up with or done in E6?

illyahr
2016-10-08, 02:38 PM
I like E6 also. The best part is thinking up ways to be unique.

I played a Wu Jen that actually talked to his Watchful Spirit. No one else could see or hear it so everyone thought he was talking to himself. That is, until I started taking feats that boosted the versatility of my Watchful Spirit (if I used the initiative reroll I got extra AC, or the spirit attacked the first one to hit me, etc.).

Tvtyrant
2016-10-08, 07:04 PM
Goliath Barbarian/Dungeon Crasher Fighter with madfoam rager and a huge Minotaur Greathammer. 4d6 weapon that has a 18-20 4x crit, instantly leveled anything when critting.

bean illus
2016-10-08, 08:22 PM
E6 is the perfect game for the Martial Rogue2/ Passive Way Monk2/ Fighter2 tripper build.

What happens is:
Human / / / / / / / / feat: Improved Initiative
1st level / / / / / / / feat: Goliath Build (or Jotunbrud)
1. Martial Rogue1/ feat: Combat Reflexes
2. Martial Rogue2/ feat:Exotic Weapon Proficiency - Spiked Chain
3. 3rd level / / / / feat:
3. PW Monk 1 / / / Feat: Combat Expertise.
4. PW Monk 2 / / / Feat: Improved Trip.
5. Fighter 1 / / / / / feat
6. 6th level / / / / / feat
6. Fighter 2 / / / / / feat

For a total of 10 feats of which I think you get the point. Knock yourself out with the other 4. You can take Improved Charge, Improved Disarm, or more AoO feats. Hell, rearrange it a hundred ways, with levels of cleric for your own fear, or an arcane level for your own enlarge, or barbarian for movement, extra hit points, and rage bonuses. E6 doesn't punish multiclassing much.

The build falls behind casters in a 12+ level campaign, but will rage the battle field control in an e6.

PS: Evasion is duplicated in R2 and M2, so you might consider trading one of them out.

Rebel7284
2016-10-08, 11:35 PM
Wildshape Mystic Ranger 6 with sword of the arcane order can do all the things.

ekarney
2016-10-09, 12:33 AM
I haven't played much E6 but I have made some stuff for it. Forgive the obvious and shameful self-plug.

SpookyRPG (https://docs.google.com/document/d/10q0EP15LZNkstzfhPT7nB64foNHR68u5xsTaugLIHcw/edit?usp=sharing): Basically a collection of custom races and classes I made for a one off campaign, might expand it, might not. Mainly written in a tongue in cheek/half butted way for some Halloween fun, to be used with all the 3.X weapons and feats and crap. CAUTION NSFW due to swears.

Mechaspirit: 2041 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rGH6wyoYNRgX8jEhxH-d3TCBzZohB5RvbNHJksdmaGU/edit?usp=sharing) on the other hand, is a much larger, far more serious E6 experiment, that's only similarity to 3.X is that it uses the d20 system. What I've linked is basically the outline of it. For those so inclined, there's also a facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/927082274052326/) that I haven't updated for a while.

Why I like E6 is that it's much simpler I guess compared to standard E20. Plus it's easier to design classes for. :smallbiggrin:

bean illus
2016-10-09, 11:48 AM
This ought to keep you busy. It's a list of some of the best E6 builds.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6726.0

Also, a one level dip into Cloistered Cleric is a nice E6 boost. 3 domains whose domain powers can be traded for feats. On the above build take Strength for Enlarge Person (on a large build you'll be huge), Knowledge for Devotion, and Magic for Wizard scrolls and wands.

Replace MR2 with it. Now you're a tripping beast that buffs itself, and a skill monkey to boot.

Rebel7284
2016-10-09, 12:52 PM
All these build ideas that focus on your class levels give you feats are confusing to me. The way E6 works is that feats are very easy to get. You get more and more of them instead of leveling. However, class features are much more precious as you only get 6 levels of them.

Mr_Blue
2016-10-09, 08:45 PM
Warlock 5/ Enlightened Spirit 1
Can deal with Incorporeal enemies. A surprisingly useful thing to have in your pocket. The tiny Debuff aura can save your life, but I don't like counting on it.

Sorcerer 5 / Wild Mage 1
My personal favorite spell caster for E6.

Warlock 6
Is nuts compared to most E6 characters. Where a wizard has to use his slots carfully a warlock can just toss his abilites whenever and where ever he wants. I'm very fond of flight, see in magic darkness, and darkness invocations to take over the battlefield.

Name1
2016-10-09, 08:52 PM
I heard ToB classes are very good for E6 characters. From what I've heard, Warblade 5/Pounce Barbarian 1 is a good choice, even if it lacks spells.

gorfnab
2016-10-09, 10:42 PM
Some E6 postings of mine from the minmaxboards.

Mystic Ranger (Drg#336) + Sword of the Arcane Order feat (CoR) + Magical Training feat (PGtF) +Simple "Wildshape" Variant Ranger (UA) + Trapfinding ACF (DS) = BAB 6, 6D8 HP, 3rd level Ranger/Wizard Spells, Trapfinding, and Wildshape

Warrior or Expert (UA) 1/ Thief of Life (FoE) 5 - really fun with a lot of Incarnum feats

Beguiler (PHBII) 5/ Mage of the Arcane Order (CA) 1 - more skills and hp than a wizard, decent spell list, and access to any spell you need with spellpool

Paladin 5/ Beastmaster (CAdv) 1 with Devoted Tracker (CAdv) feat and Natural Bond (CAdv) feat - Mini Supermount

Ghaele or Trumpet Archon 6 (SS) - Highly debatable if you can do savage progressions in E6. If you can than these are awesome options.

Artificer 6 - just keep piling on the crafting feats, quite versatile since you can eat magic items to get XP for making useful magic items