PDA

View Full Version : Usernames: Why did you choose yours?

Cluedrew
2016-10-08, 04:59 PM
So I have often wondered about where people's usernames (and avatars) come from. What made you pick that name/image from among the effectively infinite options?

I'll start by saying I chose Cluedrew a long time ago, when I signed up for my first online account ever. It had to do with a game I was playing at the time, or the clue part did. I added "-drew" because I felt it sounded better. I liked the repeating "ue/ew" sound (phonics people), still do actually. Anyways I have kept the name, despite the fact I don't care about the original meaning, for consistency sake and because I feel it hints at my inquisitive nature.

As for my avatar (or rather, my lack of avatar) I have just never had been able to find an image that represents me very well. Which leaves me with creating one, but even then my best ideas there have not been great. Plus there were some very intelligent people who, when I joined, also didn't use avatar and I liked the association.

Maybe as an art project I should do the sketched magnifying glass or Cluedrew.exe in OotS style, but for now I am just an idea in your head. Which also fits me sometimes.

Cluedrew
2016-10-08, 05:25 PM
My apologies: there is a thread about this already here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?501914-How-did-you-come-up-with-your-name). I missed it before I made this thread. Go there and maybe mention the story behind your avatar as well.