PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if Raoh (Hokuto No Ken) was a vestige

gooddragon1
2016-10-08, 06:24 PM
I was just reading over some homebrew about binding and thought... what if Raoh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raoh) was a bind. I just can't help but laugh a little.

Âmesang
2016-10-08, 06:46 PM
Personally I'd rather go with Toki, since I can imagine a lot of healing and buffing abilities that could be derived from him… but either is better than Jagi. :smalltongue:

Having read portions of Fist of the Blue Sky, I wonder if binding Kenshiro's namesake, Kenshiro Kasumi/Yan Wang, would cause the character to develop a smoking habit?

gooddragon1
2016-10-08, 06:48 PM
Personally I'd rather go with Toki, since I can imagine a lot of healing and buffing abilities that could be derived from him… but either is better than Jagi. :smalltongue:

Having read portions of Fist of the Blue Sky, I wonder if binding Kenshiro's namesake, Kenshiro Kasumi/Yan Wang, would cause the character to develop a smoking habit?

But Toki isn't dead in my headcanon*.

*Wishful headcanon. Toki got robbed by the writers in his fight with Raoh (imo).

Prime32
2016-10-08, 07:27 PM
Vestiges tend to draw more from poetic interpretations of the character's legend, rather than their exact abilities. So I'd say binding Raoh might grant something like:

Monk unarmed damage + Ki Strike (magic); possibly treat unarmed strikes as two-handed weapons while both hands are free
Bonus to AC against attacks made by manufactured weapons and summoned creatures
An aura that suppresses clouds and darkness effects (can be turned on and off)
A ranged attack usable once per 5 rounds, which causes knockdown

Conradine
2016-10-08, 07:30 PM
Wishful headcanon. Toki got robbed by the writers in his fight with Raoh (imo).

Toki was terminally ill. It would be impossible for him to beat Raoh, let alone survive his illness.

Venger
2016-10-09, 02:38 PM
Vestiges tend to draw more from poetic interpretations of the character's legend, rather than their exact abilities. So I'd say binding Raoh might grant something like:

Monk unarmed damage + Ki Strike (magic); possibly treat unarmed strikes as two-handed weapons while both hands are free
Bonus to AC against attacks made by manufactured weapons and summoned creatures
An aura that suppresses clouds and darkness effects (can be turned on and off)
A ranged attack usable once per 5 rounds, which causes knockdown

there'd be a significant amount of overlap with leraje. vestiges are (mostly) designed not to supercede one another. maybe some desirable monk powers she doesn't have