PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Archetype] Angelhost

Amechra
2016-10-09, 01:52 PM
Angelhost (Paladin Archetype)

Some people have choices when they were growing up - you did not. You've got a fragment of an angel in your mind, and it worms and wriggles around, replacing the things that make you you with the pure perfection of Good.

No wonder you took up the sword.

Alignment: Unlike most Paladins, you can be of any Good Alignment - your gifts are sustained by the angelic echo bouncing around your skull rather than your own deep convictions.

Touched By An Angel: Being an angel's vessel has its ups and downs. At 1st level, you gain the Possessed Corruption - your possessing spirit is an echo of an angel, and is Lawful Good. In addition, removing this Corruption suppresses all of your Paladin class features other than proficiencies, which may only be restored by somehow becoming re-possessed. This replaces the standard Paladin's Code of Conduct.

Manifest the Angel (Su): At 3rd level, and every 3 levels thereafter, you gain a Manifestation. This replaces the Mercy class feature.

Inner Peace (Su): At 5th level, you've managed to reach a sort of equilibrium. The angelic echo is considered to have an additional point of Influence over you for the purposes of positive effects, and one less point for all other purposes. In addition, you ignore the Stain of one of your Manifestations - you may change which Stain you are ignoring by spending 15 minutes in meditation. This replaces the Divine Bond class feature.

khadgar567
2016-10-09, 11:52 PM
I know xulnidar created corruption for power trent but this feals to me attempt to make shadow lasciel from Dresden files

Xuldarinar
2016-10-10, 12:14 PM
Alright! A paladin who never wanted to be a paladin. Lets break things down;

Alignment; Any good. A solid choice, but there is something I want to know, and that is if they must retain their good alignment. There are a few ways to approach this.

1. If they stop being of good alignment, their possessor stops giving them anything.

2. If they stop being of good alignment, or perform acts that strongly go against the good alignment, their possessor begins to acquire more influence.

3. If they stop being of good, they simply cannot advance any further until they are good again.

4. if they stop being good... nothing happens. It is the alignment they start as and are encouraged to be, but there are no mechanical drawbacks to leaving the good alignment behind.

Touched by an Angel; You are possessed and thats where your powers come from. If you violate your code.. nothing happens. Perfectly sound.

Manifest the Angel; Here we get into a problem. Ordinarily you get manifestations for every 2 character levels you live with your corruption. Does this class feature provide possession manifestations in addition to, or instead of, those granted normally? In other words, without this feature such a character would gain one at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and 19th (total; 9. You'd have all the manifestations). If you say this is instead of normally gaining them, such a paladin would gain manifestations at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th (total; 6). If you gain both, you'd gain manifestations as follows; 3rd (x2?), 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th (x2?), 11th, 12th, 13th, 15th (x2?), 17th, 18th, 19th (Total; 12 without doubles, 15 with. You'd have them all at 15th level one way, and 12th the other). Clarifying text would be valuable here.

Inner Peace: What an interesting class feature. I assume then your threshold then becomes 6 influence, but upon succeeding upon resisting losing control you'd still jump back down to 4. Contaminated personality's gift kicks in at 3 influence, and Traitorous Hand's stain at 4 influence. All in all, I like this class feature.

All in all, a fun little archetype (and one that would work equally well flipped to antipaladins possessed by demons).

I know xulnidar created corruption for power trent but this feals to me attempt to make shadow lasciel from Dresden files

Not the corruption I have created, but one I rather enjoy regardless. Just a few things to establish and it will be perfect.

Amechra
2016-10-10, 06:04 PM
Who the what is Lasciel?

Anyway:

Alignment: Originally, they had to be Good. Then I remembered the existence of Gamemaster, Gamemaster What Have You Done?

Manifestations: that's the thing - I only have the PFSRD to go by, and it didn't give a definite "OK, you get a Manifestation at each level". I wrote the class feature with the idea that they wouldn't get them normally.

But yeah, I was actually inspired by your Corrupted Oracle. Good show there, by the way.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant to say "they don't have to stay Good."

khadgar567
2016-10-10, 11:55 PM
Who the what is Lasciel?

Anyway:

Alignment: Originally, they had to be Good. Then I remembered the existence of Gamemaster, Gamemaster What Have You Done?

Manifestations: that's the thing - I only have the PFSRD to go by, and it didn't give a definite "OK, you get a Manifestation at each level". I wrote the class feature with the idea that they wouldn't get them normally.

But yeah, I was actually inspired by your Corrupted Oracle. Good show there, by the way.
from dresden files she is a fallen angel stuck in heros mind trying to tempt him to dark side but getting tempted by him to make heel face turn by mental suicide living hero with perform string instrument and spiritual child

digiman619
2016-10-11, 01:24 PM
Lash was clearly a modified Hellbound corruption (or rather, the Hellbound corruption was influenced/inspired by her). Dresden had modified versions of the Devil's Mark (because he had her symbol reverse-branded into his hand) and Fiendish Tutelage (as he got bonus languages form her). He was at the first stage of his corruption (going from CG to CN because he willingly used the hellfire) before he, through amazing roleplay and awesome DM, removed the corruption and was granted soulfire, which is clearly accepting burn like a kineticist to get metamagic feats on his spells in a world that doesn't normally have them.

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 01:30 PM
Lash was clearly a modified Hellbound corruption (or rather, the Hellbound corruption was influenced/inspired by her). Dresden had modified versions of the Devil's Mark (because he had her symbol reverse-branded into his hand) and Fiendish Tutelage (as he got bonus languages form her). He was at the first stage of his corruption (going from CG to CN because he willingly used the hellfire) before he, through amazing roleplay and awesome DM, removed the corruption and was granted soulfire, which is clearly accepting burn like a kineticist to get metamagic feats on his spells in a world that doesn't normally have them.
you know thats basicly her