PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Cleric/Wizard build for Planescape Homebrew

DoomedPaladin
2016-10-09, 04:23 PM
I'm building a 10-level Cleric/Wizard for my DM's Planescape homebrew (he's using this (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/193100/Planar-Bestiary) for Monsters/NPCs and the old box set). The only restriction (so far) is that I've got to be a Wood Elf which is fine by me.

I was thinking of taking my first level in Rogue, just for skills and sneak attack, because Bladesinger looks pretty damn cool (I expect to do Whip+GFB/BB+Spell Sniper, though H-t-H is not the focus).

Probably Arcane domain for the Cleric part (to turn all those planar things).

City Watch background is likely, though Urchin's feature would be damned helpful in a city like Sigil.

Ability scores haven't been selected yet.

I'm not looking for a min/MAXed badass, the DM is very experienced and, in a place like Sigil, I expect that flexibility will save my character's life more than just power. I'd just like your suggestions/recommendations, also, any spell combos you'd recommend. Thank you.

JellyPooga
2016-10-09, 05:07 PM
Arcane Domain Cleric should stand you in good stead. Is there a particular reason you want to go Bladesinger if melee isn't your focus? AT Rogue/ Arcane Cleric is a solid and versatile multiclass. Adding on Wizard will only dilute your potential and you already have some Wizarding-lite, including the option to take GFB/BB, through both AT and Arcane Domain.

AT Rogue 6/Cleric 4 gives you spellcasting as a 6th level full caster, 3d6 Sneak Attack, 4 Expertise Skills, 2 ASI's and Uncanny Dodge. A solid base to build upon. Next level you'll have the option of going Rogue 7 for +1d6 SA and Evasion OR Cleric 5 for 4th level spell slots, which allows you to tailor your character very quickly for the style of play you want/need.