PDA

View Full Version : NIN-Year Zero-Capital G

squidthingy
2007-07-10, 07:54 PM
I have heard a lot of different theories about what the "G" stands for in this Nine Inch Nails song (http://www.lyrics-celebrities.anekatips.com/song-lyrics/capital-g-lyrics-nine-inch-nails-year-zero).

I'd like to see most people on GitP think.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-10, 10:45 PM
Almost certainly George.

Samiam303
2007-07-10, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I'd defiantly agree with the poster above me. I don't see what else it would be besides "George".

Lucky
2007-07-10, 11:48 PM
Never heard that song, but I read the lyrics for about 10 seconds before I knew it was George. Honestly, it's not that hard to figure out.

Zmek
2007-07-11, 12:11 AM
Well if you havent followed the Year Zero stuff you may have missed some points such as the album is a concenpt album depicting events that take place 20 or so years in the future, so to say that its George would be a double meaning to it. As for what takes place in the Year Zero future that is revent to the song is that terrorests radiate LA and kill millons, in the ensuing after math they Elect a Religious Cristian Right wing, who then goes and bombs the middle east to glass, killing all of them.

So in revlance to the the Concept tie-in to the CD you have to look at these facts.

At first i thought it was Greed, possible Goverment as in Big Brother doing whats the think is good for you even if you dont agree and possible not the best thing.

Now after reading the lyrics I am thinking it may be God do to the Cristain zelots basicly making Amarica about as unamerican as you can be. (think V-Vendetta british goverment).

I am sure it was left open ended as such for people to fill in what they think best and i am sure it as a double meaning alteast dealing with Now-Aday events and the Year-Zero events.

Zmek

TSGames
2007-07-11, 12:17 AM
I think it stands for George Dubya, but I can't deny the fact that a case can be made for it standing for other things. Guess we'll have to wait for the author to answer the question.

squidthingy
2007-07-14, 09:10 AM
I think Zmec wins the thread, because he was the first to point out that year zero takes place in the future, I had forgoten about that. He also goes on to say greed which, according to my friend who is part of the spiral, is what T-Rez says it stands for, but you never really can believe him