PDA

View Full Version : 1 PC campaign

Gerner
2016-10-10, 04:58 AM
Hi,

So a friend and I are starting up a 1 PC game, and to make it a success I would like some advice.

First up his going to play a GISH and the Idea was a human fighter lvl2, sorcerer lvl4, Spellsword lvl1, as starting point. (But after reading some handbooks and guide I can see most people use Paladin lvl2? I thought the bonus feat from the fighter were a good starting point)

So the basics of the history is that he is a private investigator who is summoned to Westgate to investigate a missing person for one of the noble houses.

The person missing is the daughter of house who was a former student at the Sune temple but after a fire got her face scarred, after this she feels ugly and cuts her ties to the Sune temple. Her personality turns a bit darker in search for restoring her old beauty. Lots of soul search through different temples etc. she encounters the cult of Malcanthet. Who offers her beauty back, through a possession of a Succubus. Which leads to some the daughter to commit murder as sacrifices to Malcanthet.

The daughter is in her teens so the PC will be in a dilemma to rather he should kill the girl to end the possession and the murders or try to perform/arrange some kind of Exorcism.

Generally do you have any good advice regarding 1 PC campaigns as this is my first time having only one PC

Krazzman
2016-10-10, 05:53 AM
Hi,

So a friend and I are starting up a 1 PC game, and to make it a success I would like some advice.

Generally do you have any good advice regarding 1 PC campaigns as this is my first time having only one PC

Here is what I did/do (currently running through Hell's Vengeance with only my wife as a player).

A high stat array helps offset weaknesses, we use 18 18 16 16 14 14. He will still have a focus, but he can easier "power through" lower levels.
At first we went with Gestalt and now switched to Tristalt since Gestalt-Solo builds seemed rather limiting. Again the idea behind is access to skills, spells and other goodies.
Either weaken SoD/SoS spells/abilities or give him a save on each round he would be disabled (from Hold Person for example).

Now for pathfinder specific stuff:
We advance/create a race with 30 Racial Points. For each part done you get one Tier of Mythic or each part of the Adventure Path counts as a Trial (not sure right now).

Hope this helps.

PersonMan
2016-10-10, 09:22 AM
First thing I'd do is talk to the player. Since it's a one-player one-DM game, you can tailor it a lot more closely to their playstyle, their favorite type of story, etc. than if you have a group for four.

When planning combats, remember than a single strong enemy is probably better than multiple weaker ones, since the latter can overwhelm a single PC due to their larger number of actions per round.