PDA

View Full Version : Age progression Half Fay/Half Nymph + Silverbrow Human

Thaneus
2016-10-10, 06:48 AM
Please do not discuss the choice as such.

I just want to know where the ago progression for such being can be found. Unfortunately the only reference i find is plain Human with his 15 +1d4|+1d6|+2d6 and progression |35y|53y|70y|+2D20
Since the character has the half nymph template (DragonMag #313) she has an immortal Nymph as mother.
But i don't seem to find any notch where age progression is for such.

Other ref i have half elves (where both side are not immortal but elves life longer at least): 20 years +1d6|+2d6|+3d6 and progression |62y|93y|125y|+3d20 years

Does anyone know of a source where half fey/half nymph age progression can be seen?

Bronk
2016-10-10, 09:07 AM
Sorry, it's all DM choice.

CasualViking
2016-10-10, 09:47 AM
Make some **** up. I guarantee you, *nobody* else at the table cares.

Hunter Noventa
2016-10-10, 09:52 AM
Sorry, it's all DM choice.

Pretty much this. For just about any half-X template like that.

If you're more worried about what the starting age should be, rather than when you'll accrue aging penalties, go with the mortal half.

Thaneus
2016-10-11, 04:26 AM
just for completion my DM an I agreed on following:
Middle Age of Half-breed = (Middle Age of parent A - (Middle Age Parent A - Middle Age Parent B)/2)*(0,9 up to 1,1 DM choice)
For immortal Races we assume 1000y as Middle Age
For Races which have no age progression but are mortals (e.g. Dragons) we go with the "Old" entry as base for Middle Age or 1000y (for which is the lesser)

Parent A is the older Races, B the younger; when the age are equal, its just Middle Age Half-breed = Middle Age Parent any * (0,9 up to 1,1)

For my example:
Half Nymph Human goes with Middle Age at 466 | Old 699 | Venerable 932 Max+4D100
Starting age for our example: since Nymph come into being as adults starting age is same a human

Jowgen
2016-10-11, 07:19 AM
I personally am a strong believer that the Fey type does indeed come with immortality. While the Fey feature articles describe is a DM's choice, there is a significant ammount of fluff in support of them being ageless, while there is virtually nothing to the contrary.

Bronk
2016-10-11, 08:45 AM
I personally am a strong believer that the Fey type does indeed come with immortality. While the Fey feature articles describe is a DM's choice, there is a significant ammount of fluff in support of them being ageless, while there is virtually nothing to the contrary.

Me too. There are a number of fey specifically called out as being either super long lived or have outright immortality, and the only ones that are specifically mortal are the dryads, bound to their long lived but otherwise normal oak trees.