PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Cambion Race

GR0PED
2016-10-10, 01:49 PM
So i never really liked the Cambion custom races i came across.. I would share links to sources used in this thread but i am unable to till the 10 post mark so please forgive me for that in advance :D

So i went ahead and crated the following using the existing Cambion as a template along with JamesMusicus Race creation guide.. With a focus on making a more custom half demon race.. I have only put together 2 races and 2 variants for both races ~ The main focus is the Spawn of Graz'zt race with or without the variants. Which i plan to use as a Barbarian if it looks ok !

Cambion
Age. Cambions can live up to 1000 years or more depending on their bloodline
Alignment. Due to their fiendish heritage most Cambions are evil. Although a select few manage to reject their natural tendencies.
Size. You typically resemble your humanoid parent in height and build, your size is medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Subrace. Your subrace depends on a mix of your parent's traits

Physical Description
Cambion's usually have a mix of the following: red tinted skin, partially functional leathery wings, small horns and/or a tail.. all other traits they inherit from their humanoid parent.

Cambion +2.5
The children of fiends
Languages: Common
[2 ] Charisma +2
[.5] Darkvision 60

Subrace.

Spawn of Graz'zt +3.5
You are the child of the Demon Lord Graz'zt, you have charcoal-black skin, and cloven hooves. Demonic creatures recognize your lineage through your aura immediately
Languages: You know Abyssal
[1 ] Charisma +1
[1.5] Innate Magic: [Charisma] Cantrip: Prestidigitation, 3rd Level: Charm Person 1/day, 5th Level: Alter Self 1/day
[1 ] Unearthly Beauty: You are considered exceedingly attractive to humanoid races. You have advantage in Persuasion and Deceptiontion against humanoid races.

Human Born +2.5
You are half Human, the most common type of Cambion you have reddish skin
Languages: You get an additional language of your choice.
[2 ] 1 to 2 different abilities
[ .5] 1 Skill Proficiency = .5
[Var] 1 Feat

Add Wing Variant to any Subrace +/- 0
[- 2] Wings
[3 ] Fly Speed 30
[-.5] Demon Traits must be Visible
[0.5] -5 feet movement

Add Tail Variant to any Subrace +/- 0
The creature flails at opponents with a powerful tail, dealing bludgeoning damage.
[ .5] Natural Weapon (1d4)
[ .5] Luck
[- 1] 1 Vulnerability (Radiant)