PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Side Quest

EkulNagrom
2016-10-10, 05:03 PM
Our group didn't have enough people, so the DM decided to make us go on a side quest. He randomly pulled out a book and flipped to a random page. Now our lv. 3 Characters are on a lv. 15 quest. We paused next to a scrying pool that can literally show us anything. What should we scry for, at lv. 3? Because I haven't been playing D&D long enough to delve into the lore and look for something amazing. So I need help with what broken thing I should look for. Thank you!

Aembrosia
2016-10-10, 09:21 PM
Not enough information. What realm/plane are you on. What is your character's background race and class so assumptions can be drawn on what where and who you may reasonably be aware of; would you have reservations about eavesdropping on beings that may harbor a grudge when they inevitably pass the save and are made aware that you are the interloper?

Scry your exboyfriend/exgirlfriend.

Throne room of a king.

Bathing house.

Orcus isnt on your plane. Your character has no idea who Elminster is.

Scry is a spell for finding an enemy you have been tracking or checking up on an old friend expecting you to do so. Neither of these conditions apply to you.

EkulNagrom
2016-10-12, 04:49 PM
Not enough information. What realm/plane are you on. What is your character's background race and class so assumptions can be drawn on what where and who you may reasonably be aware of; would you have reservations about eavesdropping on beings that may harbor a grudge when they inevitably pass the save and are made aware that you are the interloper?

Scry your exboyfriend/exgirlfriend.

Throne room of a king.

Bathing house.

Orcus isnt on your plane. Your character has no idea who Elminster is.

Scry is a spell for finding an enemy you have been tracking or checking up on an old friend expecting you to do so. Neither of these conditions apply to you.

Sorry! We are on the sword coast. I say scry, but I really mean that we just say something aloud and the pool will show us it's location. I am a Gnome Bard and the only spell caster in our group. I don't think our party would care if some all-powerful being realizes we're the ones watching as long as he pays us a visit. (At level three I have +10 persuasion). My character has been in the woods witch docter-ing for decades so he wouldn't have relationships or know any king names.

So far all our party could think of to ask the pool is "Where is the nearest, most easily accessible Wish-casting Genie". But I feel like, on the sword coast, there's something better out there. I'll rephrase the question, What is something amazing to in the sword coast to search for?

Thank you Thank you Thank you