PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Pugilistic Empowerment

Ozymandias
2007-07-10, 09:27 PM
I've always found it silly that the ability to be an effective unarmed fighter was intrinsically tied to the ability to be a weird Kung Fu Mystic/Shaolin pastiche.

Ergo...

Iron Fist
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, possibly Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike
Benefit: Unarmed strike damage scales as Monk of equal class level.
Normal: Unarmed strikes deal low damage.

I'm not sure the next one is actually necessary, as the SRD is more than a little ambiguous. Anyway, it can help to replace the Monk's flurry of strikes ability, although it's somewhat less powerful and feat-intensive.

Twin Blow

Prerequisites:Dex 15, Improved Unarmed Strike
Benefit: You may treat unarmed strike as an additional light weapon for the purpose of making off-hand attacks. Also, you may act as if you possess the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for the purposes of using Unarmed Attacks. Similarly, this acts as a prerequisite for all feats requiring Two-Weapon Fighting, but those feats' effects only work while using two unarmed strikes, unless the real Two-Weapon Fighting feat is taken.
Normal:Unarmed strike is counted as one light weapon.

It's a little complicated, but it basically makes the TWF tree open subbing in extra unarmed attacks for offhand weapon ones, with the same penalties.

With these two feats I tried to make unarmed combat more viable to a non-Monk character, particularly a Fighter.

Comments?

katarl
2007-07-11, 06:00 AM
the book of nine blades already has the feats you seek- superior unarmed strike, and snap kick.