PDA

View Full Version : A Poster's Signature

Tormsskull
2007-07-10, 09:30 PM
Hi mods,

If I reported a poster's signature early this morning due to it being religious in nature, and it hasn't been changed yet (12+ hours and you guys normally react within an hour) should I take that to mean that the signature is not breaking the rules?

Rawhide
2007-07-10, 09:55 PM
Never take silence as an A-OK.

It will take as long as it takes for someone to get to it.

Zherog
2007-07-10, 09:59 PM
Heh. I was wondering the same thing about a political sig I reported yesterday.

Should things such as that be re-reported? Or is a PM better? Or should we talk to that sexy beast known as Wampa after some period of time? Or some other follow-up remedy I haven't thought of?

Charity
2007-07-11, 02:04 AM
You need to fill out form P4560 i(B) in triplocate, tattoo it onto your body and slide down a water slide filled with crepe paper before mailing yourself to Timbuktu and wispering your request into the ear of a passing yak.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-07-11, 02:26 AM
You need to fill out form P4560 i(B) in triplocate, tattoo it onto your body and slide down a water slide filled with crepe paper before mailing yourself to Timbuktu and wispering your request into the ear of a passing yak.

Would making a Graft be ok instead of the tatoo?
Or is that only for form Q6521?

Zherog
2007-07-13, 06:44 PM
Heh. I was wondering the same thing about a political sig I reported yesterday.

Should things such as that be re-reported? Or is a PM better? Or should we talk to that sexy beast known as Wampa after some period of time? Or some other follow-up remedy I haven't thought of?

I want to bump this question again. Should something such as this be re-reported, or would it be time to contact mods in other ways? Or would contacting Wampa be the course of action after nothing was done after the initial report?

Zherog
2007-07-16, 12:01 PM
Bump again. I still need an answer to this question from a mod.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-16, 12:44 PM
Need? But I digress...

There is no formal process for this, but I would recommend that you report any problems using the reported post feature first. Just once. If no action appears to be taken after a significant period of time, PM a moderator for the relevant section. If it's just an overall board administration question, or you aren't satisfied with the answer the moderator gave you, PM WampaX.

Zherog
2007-07-16, 01:13 PM
Need? But I digress...

Yes - it's right up there with air and water and food. :smallwink:

There is no formal process for this, but I would recommend that you report any problems using the reported post feature first. Just once. If no action appears to be taken after a significant period of time, PM a moderator for the relevant section. If it's just an overall board administration question, or you aren't satisfied with the answer the moderator gave you, PM WampaX.

Maybe it's because it's Monday, and I was up later than expected last night. But I didn't quite understand the beginning part of this.

I reported a post that contains a signature with a political statement and link. Nothing has been done about said signature. I don't know if it was looked at and deemed OK, or if it's something that fell through the cracks.

I think what you're suggesting above is that I should, at this point, drop a PM to one or more moderators of the forum that contained the post I reported. Is that correct?

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-16, 03:34 PM
Yes - it's right up there with air and water and food. :smallwink:

Ah, yes the classic life-sustaining needs: air, water, food, answers from the GitP moderators, shelter - in that order. :smallamused:

Maybe it's because it's Monday, and I was up later than expected last night. But I didn't quite understand the beginning part of this.

I reported a post that contains a signature with a political statement and link. Nothing has been done about said signature. I don't know if it was looked at and deemed OK, or if it's something that fell through the cracks.

I think what you're suggesting above is that I should, at this point, drop a PM to one or more moderators of the forum that contained the post I reported. Is that correct?

My explanation starts at the very beginning - with a person who sees something amiss. (Re-read it from that perspective, and I think it makes more sense.)

For you specifically, you've reported something, and nothing's been done about it (visibly) for a week or so. Your next step would be to PM the forum moderator(s) for the relevant forum or go straight to WampaX, if it's more of a general board issue. (I think the content of a sig is probably a general board issue).

Though as I said above, this isn't really a formal process of any kind, just my own opinion on what would be a good course of action.

Zherog
2007-07-16, 05:11 PM
Cheers .

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-16, 05:14 PM
A Guinness that says 'cheers' to me. It's like a dream come true. :smallsmile:

Nightwing
2007-07-16, 05:38 PM
A Guinness that says 'cheers' to me. It's like a dream come true. :smallsmile:

Zherog, you should put that in your Sig.

Zherog
2007-07-16, 07:14 PM
My sig is long enough...

alanajoli
2007-07-16, 09:40 PM
My sig is long enough...

But it'd look great right under your icon... ;)

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-07-17, 12:31 AM
A suggestion for Zherog to add something to his Sig? :smalleek:

Why didn't I come up with that joke. :smallamused:

TheBoneSplitter
2007-07-17, 03:55 AM
There's always the option of PMing the person... if it so happened to be me, we could probably resolve things with me just writing in something else in the blanks.

I'm actually wondering if it is myself, cause I do need to change my text.

Alex Kidd
2007-07-17, 09:27 AM
At a guess I'd say it's the guy with the giant crying Jesus. Gonna report that myself but I was tired when I ran across it and haven't seen it since.

Charity
2007-07-19, 04:26 AM
There's always the option of PMing the person... if it so happened to be me, we could probably resolve things with me just writing in something else in the blanks..

That would be vigilante modding, so it is not an option sorry to say.

I'm actually wondering if it is myself, cause I do need to change my text.

It's not all about you :smallwink:

A suggestion for Zherog to add something to his Sig? :smalleek:

Why didn't I come up with that joke. :smallamused:

I know, I can't believe with all those eyes you failed to spot it, no popcorn for you.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-07-20, 07:14 AM
Bah, stick it to the man!

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-07-20, 07:25 AM
I know, I can't believe with all those eyes you failed to spot it, no popcorn for you.

HEY HEY HEY, let us not forget who is in charge of popcorn distribution around here!

And I can assure you that no popcorn will be given to Charity around here. :smalltongue:

Charity
2007-07-20, 07:41 AM
HEY HEY HEY, let us not forget who is in charge of popcorn distribution around here!

Come and see the violence inherant in the system, help, help I'm being repressed!

And I can assure you that no popcorn will be given to Charity around here. :smalltongue:

http://i0005.photobucket.com/albums/0005/icanhascheezburger/2007/7/20/6/128294103060157500hiswickednessi.jpg

Azrael
2007-07-20, 08:49 AM
There's always the option of PMing the person...
That would be vigilante modding, so it is not an option sorry to say.

I guess it really depends on the manner in which you do it. I've PM'd a couple of posters in the past with things like:

Hey,

Your signature is HUGE and rather distracting. Do you think you could trim it a little?

Thanks,
Az

With, as of yet, 100% effectivness.

Charity
2007-07-20, 08:56 AM
Don't admit it! Good lord plausible deniability, plausible deniability!

I have never done such a thing, oh goodness no, not me, uh uh, no sirree.

*Az gets bum rushed by the Mods*

Aw man.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-20, 09:12 AM
Don't admit it! Good lord plausible deniability, plausible deniability!
Hey, Az's phrasing doesn't even mention the rules. It's just a friendly request for a bit o' courtesy.

Charity
2007-07-20, 09:29 AM
http://i0005.photobucket.com/albums/0005/icanhascheezburger/2007/7/20/7/128294156431407500Youspoilallm.jpg

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-20, 10:07 AM
You spoil all ma fun.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1150059/laughingHeyna.jpg

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-20, 10:45 AM
Sheriff: Okay, the question's been answered and the Jokey McJokersons have taken over.

In the words of an lolcat mod I know: "My locking power let me show you it."