PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class My Crack at Fixing the Samurai [PEACH]

Nashira
2016-10-11, 03:24 PM
So I took a shot at fixing up the samurai to aim it at a solid tier 3 as best as I could. I mixed in some of the Martial's abilities because I like the class but always felt it was really underwhelming.
I also took some inspiration from this Samurai fix (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1124.0) with the combat styles. I am considering this a first draft as of right now and am open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

I'm no good with formatting my posts, so to save your brain some pain I've placed it in a google doc. Here is my Samurai Fix (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TLNqgk-ryHHW31Ej5FPh-MLuDon05ffLEvGgygMB_LU)

Waker
2016-10-11, 04:10 PM
An interesting fix, merging samurai and marshal together. A few things to note.
-samurai doesn't have exotic weapon proficiency (bastard sword), so it can't use the katana for niten style.
-are the aura bonuses meant to be untyped?
-Might want to include the mind-affecting tag for kiai. Perhaps include a note about creatures can't have the same kiai used against them more than once in a 24 hour period on a save.

Nashira
2016-10-11, 04:56 PM
An interesting fix, merging samurai and marshal together. A few things to note.
-samurai doesn't have exotic weapon proficiency (bastard sword), so it can't use the katana for niten style.
Oh I missed that, thank you, I'll fix that.

-are the aura bonuses meant to be untyped?
As far as I can remember, the Marshall's auras are untyped. I copied that text straight from the class listing. I could see making them competence bonuses though.

-Might want to include the mind-affecting tag for kiai. Perhaps include a note about creatures can't have the same kiai used against them more than once in a 24 hour period on a save.
I agree with both of your notes on this. I added these lines: "The Kiai abilities are mind-affecting. Any creature affected by a Kiai ability cannot be affected by the same Kiai ability within 24 hours. "