PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Adaptations (Building choices for StP Erudite)

one2thee
2016-10-12, 03:12 PM
I'm playing a game at a very small table (just me and a friend and the DM), and for this campaign we're jacking up the power. My friends taking a druid, and I'm taking StP Erudite. :smalltongue: Thing is, I don't want to take StP Erudite to 20. That's boring.

Since it's a small table, the DM is allowing 'conversions' of arcane PrCs to modify Psionic equivalents instead. Though he requested some help with conversions since he's not very good at homebrew or modifying existing stuff.
I'm tempted to take JPM, but I wanted to ask the boards first. Although I'm playing a caster, I like to hit things with a stick and be sneaky.
If possible, could someone throw SA in there as well? I've a soft spot for 'SURPRISE' moments.

DMVerdandi
2016-10-12, 06:59 PM
I'm playing a game at a very small table (just me and a friend and the DM), and for this campaign we're jacking up the power. My friends taking a druid, and I'm taking StP Erudite. :smalltongue: Thing is, I don't want to take StP Erudite to 20. That's boring.

Since it's a small table, the DM is allowing 'conversions' of arcane PrCs to modify Psionic equivalents instead. Though he requested some help with conversions since he's not very good at homebrew or modifying existing stuff.
I'm tempted to take JPM, but I wanted to ask the boards first. Although I'm playing a caster, I like to hit things with a stick and be sneaky.
If possible, could someone throw SA in there as well? I've a soft spot for 'SURPRISE' moments.

>stp erudite
>boring
>....

BOY IF YOU DON'T!:smallmad:

Really, the thing about prestige classes is that they either modify something the character can do, or give them the ability to do something they usually couldn't.

STP erudite can do it all (but not all at once of course)
If there is one single solitary class I would choose to work as a psionic class, it would be war weaver.
It's SO economical.
Second one? I don't really know. Most PRC's emphasize fluff over power. What would really be beneficial is him adding full manifester progression to classes that either have none or partial.
Mind spy and shadow mind both come to mind. Theoretically speaking, if both had full manifester progression
Erudite/mindspy 5/shadowmind 10 would be exactly what you want.

Also, I hope you are using the dragon 319 erudite.
It is the most balanced one by far, and actually makes sense.

Zanos
2016-10-13, 04:08 AM
As a warning, advancing your manifesting will not advanced your unique powers per day. I believe it's listed as a separate ability. Might not be as huge of an issue if your DM goes by RAW and says you get unique powers per power level per day.

Flickerdart
2016-10-13, 11:12 AM
You can get Sneak Attack off a persisted hunter's eye you got from a wizard/unseen seer that picked it for Advanced Learning.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-10-13, 03:36 PM
I'd go full Mind Mage, no need for much of a conversion. Just start as an Illumian, pick up a level in wizard, Improved Krau Sigil, and only convert the Krau sigil's CL boost to affect psionics, as well. You're a little behind on casting, but you can prepare lots of obscure/one-a-day spells, use your erudite side for on-the-fly adjustment, persist stuff, deliver touch spells with force powers (fun!), and get very high caster/manifester levels with Psiotheurgy. I'm talking a casual ML 25 at level 11, going up to ML 48 at level 16, though for limited spells and powers (e.g. just for metacreativity & non-healing non-teleporting conjurations, or just for transmutation targeting creatures & psychometabolism).

Your build is something like: illumian erudite 3/wizard 1/cerebremancer 2/mind mage 10/cerebremancer +4.\

The super-cheesy entry into Mind Mage treats your StP-ness as satisfying the arcane requirement, in which case you might be an erudite 5/mind mage 10 with 21st-level erudite manifesting, and +10 ML. But that's just against RAW, at that point.