PDA

View Full Version : What Class should My Blink Dog take?

Gingernatar
2016-10-12, 03:14 PM
So, my Goblin Bard character is getting a blink Dog mount through the leadership feat. My DM has ruled that since the Blink Dog is an intelligent creature, it can take class levels. My question is, once it levels up, what class should it take?

Flickerdart
2016-10-12, 03:51 PM
Calculus 101.

DMVerdandi
2016-10-12, 07:04 PM
You should make it a paladin, who works off of a moral code surrounding being a "good boy". Have his smite always be initiated by starting a grapple with his bite and aim for ankles.
Make dog puns the whole time.

Alternatively, any type of caster for great effect. Dog wizard would be fantastic. Wizard hat, wizard robe, making crazy knowledge checks, and thinking about theoretical metaphysics, and then he compulsively licks himself.

A.A.King
2016-10-12, 07:30 PM
Crusader, because a Stance like "Leading the Charge" should really be taken by your mount.

Monk, pick up Sun School at Level 6. Now every time your blink dog dimension doors he gets a free attack.

Anything that works towards a Prestige Class that offers Shadow Pounce?

Wilderness Rogue: You get Survival as a Class Skill and Trapfinding. This way your Dog can focus on finding traps and people (disarming will be a bit of a trouble) two skill monkey tasks a Bard isn't really good at. you can also teach him other skills/'tricks'/Skilltricks(?) which your bard lacks. Finally it gives you Sneak Attack which synergies well with blink.

NomGarret
2016-10-12, 08:58 PM
Go with Scout. Skirmish without even trying. Or Totemist. Be a Blink Shirt-wearing Blink Dog!

Nifft
2016-10-12, 09:03 PM
Psion is great for intelligent people who lack such things as hands and vocal chords.

Seto
2016-10-12, 10:02 PM
Calculus 101.

Aww, you beat me to the punch. :smallfrown: