PDA

View Full Version : PTU: The Sodai Region (1 Player) IC

INoKnowNames
2016-10-12, 04:59 PM
Spring. 10 Am.

The morning of the commencement of the 3rd Quinquennial Sodai League Competition.

Nature itself seems to be as excited as every up and coming trainer must be, the air flowing past the flying group carrying only the slightest caress of the months before. The sun above resplendent and bright, the sky bright blue, and the ocean below reflecting the same glorious sensation.

"It's great we're making good time this time." the man spirited along by his Crobat laughs, sharing in some communication with his friend -and his friend's Pokemon- being supported by a Golurk. "Last time I was almost late from oversleeping. Remember kids- earlier may be less convenient, but is absolutely better than being late."

They only had a brief period of time for conversation before their destination came into view. A moderately sized island at the base of the Sodai Region, Opal Island shines like a beacon even in an already bright day. The Resort District of the Sodai Region's Battle Frontier screams "tourist trap" once the eye can make out all of the buildings and shops, but the sheer energy and anticipation of the festivities to begin today are even more apparent.

"Ah, there we are. Ready to land." David remarks, as the Golurk and Crobat spiriting the 3 of them home in on the Champion's predetermined meeting point, a quaint little coffee shop only two blocks down from the main street, and a few streets down from a massive dome of a building. Despite the speed of their arrival, the touch-down couldn't be any more controlled, and both trainers and the little Riolu land easily. Looking around and spotting the shadow of the last member of their convoy, David checks his watch. "I'm going to be back in a minute. I need to make a quick call. Order anything you want; they know me and know you're coming, so you can enjoy what you'd like." he remarks offhandedly to Zane, pulling out an electronic device and a wireless headset to begin some alternate business.

After a few moments, and before Zane could begin to get in line to make any requests, both he and his Pokemon spot something out of the corner of their eyes. At the entrance to one of the neighboring alleys appeared a small rabbit Pokemon. But it appeared to have purple fluff instead of white, and it already had a belled collar.

...And even at this distance, a line of trickling blood could be seen under its feet. The reason why became similarly obvious, as a grey dog jumped past it in a burst of speed, snarling. And before it could turn back the way it came, something blocked by the cafe wall gave it pause, absolutely terrified.

There are a few other things I remember wanting to ask you about your sheet, but those shouldn't have much effect just yet. It is indeed time we get a move on.

I'm amused by the fact that I used to spell Sodai with a u in there, and yet for some reason I stopped doing so. Oh well.

Jumping right into it. I don't like the idea of railroading people, but I figured going ahead and pushing this out a bit would be the best way to start establishing a situation. I know this is a bit on the low end, but hope it's enough... If I don't need to just start over entirely, I'll craft a battlemap for this scenario and the next my next opportunity to do so.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-12, 11:27 PM
"Hey, wait-" Zane calls out casually to his teacher, sadly too late, as he is already out of earshot. The young man smiles lightly to himself and sighs. "I was gonna ask him if he wanted anything."

Rex, as patient and calm as he was, was adamantly stretching from the long flight over to Opal Island, and was clearly taking joy in the fresh sea air, now no longer being blasted into his face at half the speed of sound. "Rio?" The Aura-sensitive Pokémon intoned.

"Nah. It's not worth it to chase after him. Besides, there's this really cool seasonal flower tea I've been wanting to-" It was at this moment that Zane caught sight of the seeming assault before him, his body immediately tensing at the sight of the bleeding Buneary.

"Hey, what the heck is-" The young man's fear grew stronger as the Poochyena rounded the corner. "Oh no you don't! Rex, come on!" Zane shouts, before breaking into a sprint, and arriving in between the two Pokémon, with his trusty Riolu at his side. "Stop right there! I don't know who's making you do this, but it isn't right!" The Aura Guardian in training pleads to the Dark type Pokémon before him, begging it to understand the weight of its actions.

Charm check to calm this Poochyena down a peg or two: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-16, 02:22 AM
As Zane and Rex round the corner, the entity of the scene unveils itself before them. The Buneary is caught in the middle between the Poochyena and another Pokemon, a small purple and white creature with a bushy tail. Once more, a short distance away past some trashcans, two men can barely be glimpsed within the shadows of the alley. One of them is doing the bulk of the work in trying to get a large sack into a moveable container, and appears to be dressed as a janitor. The other, a man wearing a more formal looking suit, assists somewhat lazily. Both, however, are wearing the same nondescript mask.

"Who is it?" says the janitor? "Just some kid." replies the suited man, before he calls to Zane. "Hey, you. No one's making anyone do anything. Just some business. Get out of here." For Zane's attempt at making the Poochyena stop threatening the Buneary, he may as well have said nothing. The rabbit Pokemon, on the other hand, turns to Zane and Rex, desperate for their attention, pointing towards the sack before waving them away, blood still gathering below it.

Both the Poochyena and the Stunky share predominantly Black auras with their trainers, with secondary colors of Red and Gold. These beings are dangerous, and the darkness of their auras is enough to clue Zane into the fact that they are a definite threat up to no good.

Much more notably is the sack, which fails to dampen the emanation of an aura of Turquoise, Pink, Blue and Purple. Legs tied together, arms tied behind her and to her torso, and gagged firmly shut, a fair young girl around Zane's age can be clearly seen with his vision, struggling against both her captor's grip and the bonds holding her with terrified vigor.

The Buneary shares much of the same Aura as the girl does, making the connection between them as clear as it is with these ruffians and their Pokemon, if not somehow stronger.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-16, 05:11 PM
Zane was floored.

Completely, utterly, inconceivably floored at what he had come upon. As his Aura Sight came through, the true nature of the scene before him was revealed, every muscle in his body tensing at the scene before him.

His fists clenched and his body tensed, Zane looks straight at the blank-masked enforcers. And, were the two to genuinely pay attention, they'd see that Zane's eyes were literally glowing. Shining bright with the power of the Aura within him.

"Like hell I will!"

The boy was a blur, surging forward from standing to sprinting in a matter of moments, not even stopping to look at Rex as he gave his command. "Rex, Force Palm on the Poochyena! Make it count!"

As he ran forward, single-mindedly focused on the two kidnappers before him, Zane's next few thoughts, without intention or perhaps even awareness on his part, were projected outwards by his Aura. And there, inside the bag, the young girl would hear the young man's voice echo through her very being, the words directed straightly at her.

~I'll save you. I promise, no matter WHAT!~

Zane shouts, his hand thrusting forwards towards the masked janitor, just as Rex lunged forward at the Poochyena. The bright, shimmering blue in both their hands shone to a great intensity, as the Riolu thrust forward to strike the Dark type canine, and his master released an Aura-sealed sphere of void at the villainous kidnapper before him.

"Eat THIS!!!"

Zane

Using Vacuum Wave on the Janitor. Spending one AP to get an extra +1 on the roll (AC 2 + Spd. or Sp. Evasion): [roll0]

If it hits, damage: [roll1]

Rex

Move up and use Force Palm on the Poochyena, spending 1 AP to get a +1 to the roll (AC 2 + Spd. or Phys. Evasion): [roll2]

If it hits, damage: [roll3]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-18, 11:03 AM
Through the bag, Zane can see the girl's face make room for concern, shaking back and forth as Zane and Rex imperil themselves. Her expression loses every ounce of fear and worry and turns into bemusement, as Rex's incredible blow against the Poochyena hits its mark perfectly, striking the Dark Pokemon with so much power that in the next moment it lay against the back wall of the alley, having flown through the air from sheer force. The girl turned from it to her possible rescuers, contemplative and no longer struggling as frantically against her restraints.

"What the hell?!" the suited man remarks irritably, dropping the bag to the ground and pulling out a small device. "Stupid kid!" the janitor growls growls, turning away from the bag and letting it fall to the ground, adopting a fighting stance and preparing to rush Zane. Though shocked by Zane's ability (as were both the suited man and the girl), he prepares to duck under the shock-wave of energy and charge forward. Before the man could take another step, a movement from inside the bag is immediately followed by a cry and a brown and purple blur, as the Buneary dashes through the air at incredible speed and strikes the man in the chin. In his dazed recoiling state, Zane's shot of energy that would have flown over the man's head catches him square between the eyes, shattering the mask in the process.

"****ing Rabbit!" he roars in pain, gripping his face with one hand and aiming a blow downward. Even muffled and prone, the girl's scream could be heard as the Buneary nearly topples over from the blow. Meanwhile, the other whispers a message out on his device, before yelling outward "Use Poison Gas!". With a fizz of air, the Stunky shakes its tail, spraying purple gas at Rex and Zane. The bag begins thrashing about again on the ground.

One down, 3 to go. Gimme a DC 10 Perception Roll. Also, both Rex and Zane are, unfortunately, poisoned. If only there was someone nearby who could do something about that quite rapidly once the battle was finished...

Cheating little jackal. So, how's Rex going to communicate, if not now then in a bit, that he managed to hear the formal man whisper "We've almost got the girl, but a problem showed up. Get over here now!" to Zane?

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-18, 12:31 PM
Rex and Zane are caught completely off guard by the Stunky's poisonous spray, and are left hacking an sickened in the face of the assault. However, even as his lung's still fill with noxious fumes, one of Rex's ears perks up in response to the suited man's words into the walky-talky. The Riolu turns to Zane and makes a worried growl towards his master. Though the minutia of conversation was lost between them, the spiritual transmission, followed by a series of feelings and images roughly approximating a message, cam in loud and clear.

Danger was coming. And it was going to be bad.

"Well then." Zane remarks between coughs as his face hardens, though the slightest edge of a grin cannot be hidden as the young Aura Guardian's blood begins to heat up in the face of the challenge before him. "I guess I'll have to make this quick! Rex, Force Palm again, this time on the Stunky! The young man commands of his partner, who rushes forward to attack the poisonous Pokémon before him.

Zane turns to look back at the would-be kidnappers. "If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's to never underestimate someone. Looks like you two will have to learn that the hard way!" The Junior Ranger proclaims, before firing off another blast of Aura, despite the stinging pain that lingers in his body because of it.

Zane

Vacuum Wave on the Janitor again (AC 2): [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Take a tick of HP damage.

Rex

Attack with Force Palm on the Stunky (AC 2): [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-23, 08:33 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hm... actually, I don't need -all- of these, but it'll do.

The powerful wave of energy in Rex's hand makes a direct hit against the Stunky, though it doesn't appear nearly as hurt as the Poochyena was. In fact, it springs back almost instantly to strike back, trying to claw at Rex's neck with sharp nails! However, the attack was poorly performed, and Rex dodges it almost with absolute ease.

The janitor grimaces as Zane's attack nearly strikes him, but in a quick move, his fellow steps before him, elbows forward, to take the blow. "This guy's a freak. If we don't put him down now, we'll need to abandon ship and report back." he growls, looking at the burned sleeves of his suit. "That's suicide! He's just one kid and his stupid Pokemon!" the janitor snaps, stepping forward at Zane. "Underestimate this, you nosy runt!" he roars, throwing a powerful punch that catches Zane square in the chest. Additional squirms from the bag are followed by a blur of movement and a curse that echos of the walls, as Buneary bounces around and slings itself into the side of the head of the suited man. As it bounces back to the ground, it appears a bit more steady and confident, as if it had just remembered the enjoyment of a nice treat.

I believe Zane takes, before his defenses, 19 damage? Unfortunately for you, the 1 went to the Stunky's Scratch. Sorries!

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-23, 10:40 PM
Zane reels backwards slightly, the punch having done a minor number on him, though the young man still stands resolute despite it. He is about to make a confident retort when the Buneary ends up doing it for him, rushing forward to perform a flying kick at the suited man's head.

The Juniour Ranger can't help but laugh. "I think you forgot someone there, friend. Like I said, don't underestimate anyone. And NEVER disregard the bond between trainer and Pokémon! Rex! Keep attacking!"

"Rio!" The Riolu acknowledges his master, deftly dodging out of the way of the Stunky's attack, before swinging back his arm to initiate a devastating Force Palm into the Poison-type's side.

Zane, for his part sends a message to the girl in the bag. ~It's okay. Your Buneary's got your back. And so do I!~

"Since you stepped in the way of your friend, I guess you can take his place! Vacuum Wave!" The Aura Guardian shouts at the suited man. An unnecessary outburst, yes. But one that needed saying in the current heat of the moment, as he unleashed yet another blast of Aura at his enemies before him.

Zane

Vacuum Wave on the suited man this time (AC 2): [roll0]

Rex

Attack with Force Palm on the Stunky (AC 2): [roll2]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-23, 11:18 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

Rex's follow up hit seems to fly in under the Stunky's guard, causing it to cough up blood, and barely stagger back to its feet. The Scratch it makes in desperate retaliation is delivered by a red soaked claw, as it seeks out Rex's sides.

As Zane makes his next attack, a thought occurs to him; a thought entirely alien to his mind. One delivered by a voice as demure and yet as amiable as the caress of the spring breeze, and yet so timorous with even still a hint of apprehension: ~I wish we are doing as satisfactory in aiding you. When I hoped for her to seek help, it was never with the intent for someone else to risk their lives.~ As this thought crosses his mind, his awareness of both the girl and the Buneary seems to increase for a moment.

Zane's shot catches its intended target in the gut, and the man visible doubles over in pain, audibly dry heaving from the pain. The other balls one fist into the other and attempts to slam down hard on Zane's head with a roar of rage, and though his attack was telegraphed a mile away, Zane is barely caught by the powerful blow. ~Bryanna, please cover him! If you would, perform Pound again!~; the melodious voice crosses Zane's mind again amidst more rusting of the bag, and a loud cry echoes outward again, as the Buneary spins through the air and delivers a hard kick to the spine of the janitor, who nearly falls to the ground from the surprising force of the blow.

"Enough of this ****! If we're caught that's worse than failing!" the suited man spat, drawing a small black ball from his pocket. "We can hang ourselves if we get stuck inside a cell!" "Fine. ****ing brats." the other spats, moving over to join his accomplice. The suited man throws the ball to the ground, and it explodes, releasing a blast of thick smoke, obscuring them. "Quick! Quick!" The Stunky jumps into it to escape, as the Poochyena vanishes by a beam of red light. An additional ball thrown obscures the mouth of the alleyway, ensuring an escape.

Rex takes 20 damage before defenses. Youch.

Zane takes another 19 damage before defenses. x.x (Random Hint: Doesn't Zane know Detect? Though I'm tempted to say that Zane's detect would eat up his next action, I think, so that might limit his options for the "next round". At least if you'd liked to have also attacked in this round too (and no retracting that just because we're lucky I've got this much inspiration to work with at all. XD). I think. I'm not completely sure. I'm learning here as you are. Heh.)

Weapons take a bit to be drawn, but items can actually be used as Standard Actions outright, apparently. Smoke escape! I went ahead and noted out their next actions. This fight's basically over.

The way I see it, you've got the following options:

-You can try to attack again, and I'm actually not 100% sure whether or not people who can see the aura of others have X-Ray vision or not, given that that's an actual ability. I'm willing to have it only be a -2 penalty to attacks made against them if you wanna bring one down, or I can check on a proper stance for that. I could see it Aura Reading being 100% ineffective against Smoke Balls (how much better a disguise is Cardboard?), or I could see the higher tech of them allowing them some defense against it, so I'm actually cool either way.
In any case, if you keep attacking and miss, I don't think you suffer for it (except that means no being able to Detect off that additional blow, and so that'll be some damage, and possibly an injury, to deal with later), and if you keep attacking and luck out and hit, you could try to chase them down before they can fully flee?

-Knowing that something bad might be on the way anyway, you could start making preparations to leave. Which might include finally investigating the bag?

-Possibly stay right here, wait for the additional attackers, and see if you can take on reinforcements? Not sure I'd recommend it in your state, but it is an option.

-Same as the 2nd, but decide all of this wasn't worth the trouble and just run along minding your own business. Screw the voice that finally started communicating with you.

Basically: +Detect: Prepare to try to chase them, but they've got a head start.

-Detect: Attempt another Vacuum Wave and hit one of the pursuers before they get too far.
Or: Chase them down with a head start! But what may or may not happen while you're gone?

Either way: Stay here and investigate a bit.
Or: Stay here and attempt more battles?!
Or: Leave and go elsewhere.

Keep in mind I'll write the next events based on what you let happen/do, and that I won't require you to knock out every enemy to "win" your battles. Also, you are still poisoned and hurt, if I recall. That doesn't go away so easily... at least not automatically.

Also, voice acting is now a thing indeed! Wonder what should officially happen if a Mind Reader reads the mind of a Channeler in action. I'll be totes honest, I'm aiming toward 2 different scenarios in my head. One provides more exposition and is interesting story-wise, and the other offers a chance for Sydney's favorite drug. I'll let you figure out what option goes where. My only hint: There's a Chekhov's gun still in play, for even if you had rolled badly during that fight. I wonder if Zane is perceptive enough to still note it.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-24, 01:10 PM
The final onslaught upon Zane and Rex was brutal, but one could forgive the adjacent viewer from believing otherwise. Rex's counter was executed masterfully, with the Stunky handily defeated. Whilst Zane, through a sudden burst of prescient combat prowess, caught the Janitor's gripped hands with one of his own, staring the man down. "You get one, friend. And not a single hit more."

The sudden smoke blast was what genuinely caught Zane off guard, and the Aura Guardian was left hacking loudly in the face of the sudden burst of blackened clouds. "Damn it! Hey! *cough cough* get back here!" He shouts, but the latent poison in his system holds him fast in dizziness and pain as he watches the hazy Auras of the two men make their escape.

By the time the area is cleared of smoke, Zane is left alone. With only Rex, the Buneary and, of course, the bag beside him.

"Oh, geeze. Here, let me help you." The Ranger in training asks to the girl in the bag, whilst fiddling with the top to open it. "Sorry about that, I didn't exactly have a lot of time to act in with those guys trying to take you away" He smiles cheerily as he works to open the bag to look at the new face before him. "Man, they really put some effort into this. I suppose you put up more than a fair amount of a fight, huh?" The young man explains, as he muscles through the process of untying the girl from the bag and her bindings in a way that, whilst effective, may be a bit too close-quarters for most people to find comfortable. A complete accident on his part, and nothing more than a mere side effect of spending the vast majority of one's life in a house full of books on a mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Rex, for his part, wandered over to the shattered fragments of the mask, picking them up and eyeing them with suspicion and intrigue, the Aura Pokémon tilting his head to one side as he attempts to move them on the floor to form a cohesive shape. Out of the corner of his eye, Rex finally makes not of the Buneary who had, up till the very end, been putting up more than a fair fight against her master's attempted kidnappers. The Riolu wanders over and outstretches a paw, barking happily and, in a language and mannerism lost to the human senses, congratulates the Buneary on her impressive skill and power to defend her friend.

INoKnowNames
2016-10-25, 05:44 PM
As the smoke fades, and with it the enemies, Bryanna's first instinct is to return to her partner, still concerned for her safety. When Zane starts attempting to open the bag, she squints at him and watches him carefully. Torn between grateful for his rescue and protectiveness toward her trainer, Bryanna doesn't notice Rex until he's fully introduced himself and extended his paw in greeting. She tilts her head to the side while appraising him, then jumps away, diving into the container the kidnappers were trying to use. After a few moments, she jumps back out, and offers Rex a small pink treat while expressing her gratitude for his assistance, and introducing herself with a playful and affectionate tap on the shoulder.

Zane's attempts to free the girl would be difficult even if there wasn't toxins coursing through his veins. Though their fighting ability might have left a bit to be desired alone, it becomes clear to Zane that they were dead set on their target. After working with the ropes tying it shut, the mouth of the bag opens up to her shoes, and to even more heavily tied bonds along her ankles, knees, waistline and wrists, and her arms, as well as a gag that all but keeps her from even breathing properly. She never would have escaped by herself. There might not have even been enough time for help to be sought.

Throughout the process of freeing her, the girl squirms at Zane's touch as his hands travel along her curvaceous body, even as his intentions remain pure. Her wriggles as he tries to free her body does not make his job easier. Once her wrists and legs are freed, she at least positions herself from flat on her back into a more dignified sitting position while she remains in his care. And once freed of all else, she reaches up, and after a few moments, removes the last restraint herself.

Zane finds a thin yet sonsy young woman sitting before him, wearing what appears to be a school uniform consisting of a long sleeved white shirt, a tight green vest, and an ivory skirt, with knee high white socks and brown loafers. He can see his shape reflected in her purple eyes, the color shared by her back-length hair. A red ribbon worn in her hair matches the crimson accents in her outfit, particularly the bow over her bust.

Though he just saved her life, her expression the moment he could see her face remains nervous, and even her freedom does little to ease her composure, though it at least allows her to stop shivering as much, and the redness in her face to recede. She trembles far less as she appraises him, before finally speaking, in the same timidly sweet voice. "I can not thank you enough for what you have done. The thought of what might have happened had you not appeared..." she shutters, looking away. "I am sorry for your troubles in saving my life. Do you and... Rex; do either of you require any aid?" she asks, struggling to try to rise to her feet.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-25, 07:08 PM
Zane tried his best to remain modest in his motions as he helped free the girl from her bonds. And, at least from his perspective, he readily succeeded. It was a bit unnerving to see her Aura wavering in what appeared to be distress and discomfort as he worked, alongside the strange flow of pinks and reds that sparked on occasion. He, however, simply took it for nervousness as he finished undoing the last of her restraints.

Rex smiles cheerily at the gift Bryanna handed him, and grabs it thankfully, bowing and yipping a grateful reply, before chowing down on the antitoxin-rich berry.

Zane finally finishes undoing the bindings on the young woman, and the Junior Ranger bends over to lend the girl a hand in standing up, moving to shoulder her weight in order to pull her up to standing when she looks as though she is having some trouble in doing so herself. He had done his best to pay her physicality as little mind as possible whilst untying her, and refrained from allowing his eyes to wander even now. But, once she was fully free and standing straight, the Junior Ranger had to concede that the girl's hair and eyes were quite stunning, to say nothing of her face in general. It wasn't often that Zane found people with eyes more exotic than his own iridescent blue, and to see the illusory shade of purple coupled with matching hair, it seemed like she had just wandered out of some form of fairy tale. He tries his best to maintain his composure, but can't help but force himself to look away in a hurry as he realizes he's been staring.

He smiles sheepishly. "Hey, don't mention it. I'm just glad I was in the right place at the right time. What were those guys after, anyway? Does it have something to do with that... Connection thing I felt when you spoke back to me?" Zane asks, making an apt inference on gut instinct. A rather haphazard means of guessing, but one that turns out with positive results a surprising amount of the time. boy suddenly realizes his error. "Ah. Sorry. Where are my manners? The name's Zane. Zane Grandsoul. Pleased to meet you!" The young man grins, ectending out a hand in greeting. He continues. "Oh. Me and Rex? Well, we both took a bit of a battering in the fight, but I think we're fine."

Zane turns over to look at his Riolu, who is happily chowing down on the Pecha berry that was presented to him. "Oh hey, that solves that probleeeu-" Zane teeters from side to side for a moment, managing to regain his balance just in time. "Oh right. The poison." He grunts to himself, before looking at the girl with violet hair and eyes. "I don't suppose you have another one of those pecha berries, do you? Or like, some bandages? That Stunky kinda gassed the both of us, and I'm pretty sure Rex is still bleeding." The Aura Guardian steadies himself by bending over slightly and weighing his right hand on one of his legs, though he still looks maintains a degree of eye contact with the girl, putting on a brave face against the mounting sting in the face of his slowly draining levels of adrenaline.

INoKnowNames
2016-10-26, 05:36 PM
As Zane helps lift the lass to her feet, he feel the fragility and softness of her hand, clean and unblemished, with an interesting choice of nail polish that matches her hair and eyes. At his continuing care, he can see her aura continue to fluctuate wildly in color, though the wisps of darkened blue appear less and less. A flash of silver and gray shakes through her aura as she responds to his first question. "Um... I am not too sure what that was. It has never happened to me before... and I do not think I could explain what it is they wanted with me." she remarks, refusing to meet his gaze while speaking.

She jumps a bit as he formally greets himself, but after being nudged by a smugly smiling Bryanna, the girl's frown shrinks significantly, and she grasps his hand in both of hers. "It has truly been a blessing to meet you, Sir Grandsoul. My name is Michelle... Michelle Johnson." she replies. Though he can faintly detect the beginnings of a minuscule smile cross her features, even as her aura flashes brightly, the slight silver and gray streaks are also unmistakable.

As Zane begins to tumble a bit, Michelle gasps and moves close to him, her hands at his sides to ensure his safety. Zane can't help but catch both the smell of flowery shampoo in her hair and fresh perfume on her blouse, as she steers him to a box to sit on. This close, the difference in their frames and sizes are also apparent; she would be even skinnier than he were it not for her figure, and she is easily half a foot or more shorter than he. Even a short distance supporting him is a bit of a struggle for her, though her movements helping him are nothing but gentle.

"Fortunately, I should be able to help you with a few more moments of your time." she replies, and she investigates the container the kidnappers intended to store her within, pulling out her own rucksack. After checking something else within it and smiling brightly to herself, she returns to Zane, sets the bag aside, and retrieves a First Aid Kit from within. "If you will pardon me, I will try to do my best with your wounds." Michelle tells him. And, with his blessing, she inspects his bruises and begins applying medicine as appropriate. It takes a few minutes, but aside from some gauze at certain parts of his body, Zane is expertly restored to as if he had never battled today. "I hope to have done a decent job. Are you okay, Sir Grandsoul? I would be happy to look over Rex if you are suitably taken care off." she asks him.

Any chance you want to roll any Intuition or Perception checks yourself? Not even hiding that she's not being entirely truthful, but still. Though how close is Zane willing to pry on possible hidden truths? Also about that mask still broken on the floor in pieces, covered in dirt and blood.

Zane can tell that she's speaking half truths. Little gets by him as he is, though he can tell Michelle is lying only of omission, rather than outright deception. For instance, while she appears to be honest in that her attackers might have not revealed much information, she might have more than one theory as to why someone might wish to seek her audience, consenting or otherwise. Likewise, her first name was given with genuine sincerity, though while her last name was common enough to be real, and her response was almost straightforward enough, a hint of secrecy still crossed Zane's mind and vision concerning her full identity.

Rex is able to find a few pieces of the mask that are more than just facial covering. Though he couldn't begin to make heads or tails of it, some appear to be worth enough to inspect closer by more able minds. Were Zane to pick them up, he'd not be able to discern too much about them, but note them more than interesting enough to show someone qualified, particularly one or more pieces that are still outright active.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-26, 11:10 PM
Zane knows that tone.

The young man could never quite recall the exact age when lying stopped working on him. It wasn't some grand revelation, or some dramatic reveal as to some great deception that had plagued him. It was almost as if he had woken up one morning to find that, with the souls of mankind laid out before him, falsehood ceased to be an effective means of tricking him.

This, however, was a special type of lie. This wasn't a lie for some gain, or an attempt to hurt him. Michelle (which he could tell was at the very least her real first name) was lying out of fear. Fear of the consequences. Fear of the world. All of them were valid fears, but they weren't the kind Zane was going ot stand for lying down.

At some point, his healing required Zane to take off his jacket, an act which Michelle was astonishingly timid in asking. As he did so, he caught a glint on the inside of his pocket, and seized an opportunity. "Oh hey, my badge!" The Aura Guardian plucks his Junior Ranger badge out from his inner jacket pocket. "I'm glad this made it out okay. I'd hate to see it get damaged." Zane turned the badge to Michelle, displaying the simplistic insignia of the Sodai division Pokémon Ranger Corp. "Man, the day I got this has gotta be one of the highlights of my life. I could barely sit still when I was waiting for them to call my name at the ceremony." He smiles at the badge, it's shining gold finish belying the intense polish and care the boy routinely gives it.

"It's not just the title either. This thing means a lot to me. It's a testament to why I joined the Rangers. Helping people, keeping the peace, making sure bad guys like them don't get away with things like this-" He points to the now empty sack. "I keep this thing close, knowing it means I promised to do my part to make the world a better place. That I'm doing everything in my power to be someone you can depend on. Someone people can trust."

Zane stands up, stretching. "Thanks, Michelle. You did great! I think Rex could use a bit of patching up, if you still have enough supplies." He turns to look her straight in the eye. "Thank you for everything. I know we barely just met, but it's good to know I managed to save someone as nice as you. I hope that, after this, we can still be friends. I'd love to get to know you better." HE spoke sincerely. Though the words were spoken with he intent to build trust, Zane still mean't every last one of them. He genuinely did like Michelle, and he hoped, in time, he could learn to get her to trust him too.

Zane scratches the back of his head. "Thanks for everything, Michelle. I'm sorry all of this happened to you." Zane looks down at Rex, who had suddenly approached the young man with some interesting fragments of the mask. "Huh. This is... Odd. We'll have to get someone to look at this a bit more."

A thought suddenly occurs to Zane. "Oh! Hey, my teacher said the café across the street is free for use on the house. What do you say we go there? You know, get our bearings and calm down a little, try and figure this out?" Zane asks, being genuinely friendly. "And hey, maybe while we're there, we can try and figure out a little more about why these guys tried to get you?" The Aura Guardian finishes, trying once again to make the girl trust him enough to speak in full truths.

Charm Roll to try and get Michelle to come along tot he café and calm down, whilst possibly also getting her to open up about the truth a bit more, at least in regards to the men's reasoning.: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-27, 05:45 PM
Michelle does her absolute best to mind Zane's privacy while dressing his wounds, and finds herself somewhat awed by his status as a Junior Ranger. While he talks, even after she's finished patching him up, her mouth gapes slightly as she admires his badge, then finds herself struggling to maintain eye-contact with him. As Zane states more of his intentions, even while she looks anywhere but at his dazzlingly blue eyes, his sight can clearly make out the bright ripples of color in her aura.

Before she can answer, his remark about the mask pieces brings her attention to it. She scrutinizes the fragments closely for a moment, looking at some of the smaller mechanical devices within. With a gasp, and in a flash of purple blurred movement, Michelle accidentally knocks both of them to the ground as she lies ontop of Zane, covering him with as much of herself as possible after trying to push him away from the remains. Only sparing a backwards glance to see Bryanna similarly pushing Rex to the ground and protecting him, Michelle leans into Zane's chest cringing as shrapnel is sprayed from the detonation of the mask, and Zane can hear the explosion punctuated by a wheeze of pain from her. Only once the sound had stopped again does Michelle loosen her stance, checking once again for safety, before looking back into his face, his eyes reflected in hers.

"Whomever they are, I am ever so glad to have met you if they would be this prepared in their endeavors." she skittishly remarks. "If you would not mind our intrusion, we would greatly appreciate your continued kindness and protection, Mr. Grandsoul. At least until our business here is concluded..." Looking at her close proximity to him, she starts as she aids and is aided by him in standing again, blushing furiously. Meanwhile, Bryanna's already given her aid in helping Rex back to his feet, her paw on the back of her head while regarding the burned bits of ground.

"I would be happy to talk further, and treat Rex, if you had more of your time to offer. I am waiting for someone myself. But are you not busy as well? Today of all days might be taxing for a Junior Ranger, if not for one with all the makings of an up and coming participant in the League." she inquires of Zane, after gathering up her First Aid Kit and as many pieces of the mask as possible, and storing both in her bag before joining him, Bryanna bouncing along with her.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-27, 06:24 PM
The wind is slightly knocked out of Zane as he is unceremoniously shoved to the ground, the explosion catching him completely off guard. Both he and Rex look away from the intense light of the explosion, as the mask auto-detonates just a few short meters away from them.

Once the sound dies down, Zane looks down at the woman who just saved him, and can't help but awkwardly blush at the compromising situation they had found themselves in. Luckily Michelle had the sense to back off from him before the Junior Ranger had to attempt the awkward task of asking the girl to kindly stop leaning her chest so heavily into his.

Rex, for his part, takes the whole explosion in stride, and rises casually to his feet afterwards, slightly aching from all the punishment he'd received. However, the minute Bryanna feels the back of her head, the Riolu is immediately beside her, checking the back of her head for any injuries, with a sorry look on his face for possibly putting her through anything harmful after the ordeal she'd been through.

Zane slowly rises to his own feet, dusting himself off as he does so. He turns to look at Michelle with a lopsided smile. "Thanks, Michelle. I guess I should've checked that thing more thuroughly." He chuckles to himself. "What do you say we get ourselves a change of scenery. I get the distinct impression this alleyway is hazardous to our healths." The young man explains, before turning to leave, hopefully with the others in tow.

As they make their way to the café, Zane begins answering Michelle's questions summarily. "Yeah, I guess I do have kind of a full day ahead of me. But my teacher will still be a while. I think it'd be best if we wait at the café together, at least until David shows back up again. He's a fully fledged Ranger, so I assume he'll be able to figure out the best course of action from there. And hey, if the person you're waiting for gets there before him, that's great. Heck, maybe they'll get here at the same time!" The Aura Guardian chuckles to himself, already regaining his lofty mood as the group approaches the café where Zane is set to meet up with his master.

Not sure if this is necessary, but Perception for Rex to see if he notices any genuine harm on Bryanna's body. Both from the explosion and in regards to the source of the blood from earlier: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-31, 01:34 PM
Both Michelle and Bryanna got hurt a bit by the spray of shrapnel from the exploding mask. Bryanna's cut was fortunately not deep; just a mild scratch on the back of her head, far less painful than the deeper one on her back, which matched the one Rex received from the Stunky. The bunny amusedly shrugs off Rex's concern, before continuing to show more concern for her trainer. Michelle caught a piece in the side of her thigh much more deeply, however, and perhaps because of it her walk is a little odd, her right leg almost as if it has a limp.

She does not comment on it, neither the pain nor the injury, only acknowledging it by using a cleaning cloth from her bag to wipe at the cut. She is far more interested in listening to Zane, her changing expressions solid evidence of that. At first her naturally timid face still held a look of awe about him and his status. At hearing the name David, shock immediately overtook her, followed by momentary contemplation, dawning comprehension, and another wave of surprise. "You're not only a Junior Ranger, but you even train under one of the Top Rangers? And the Champion to boot?" she asks, in the closest thing her demure whisper could pass off as a shout.

Though she grants Zane the majority of her attention, she still stays somewhat cognizant of her environment; enough to pull out a chair from a table for him to sit, before taking a seat herself. Rather than sitting entirely at the table, however, she is positioned so that her wide lap is exposed, to be used as a seat, with one hand gesturing to the pair of Pokémon with them to come to her, the other having retrieved her First Aid kit. While Bryanna comes close to Michelle, she instead jumps behind Rex and pushes him forward, inviting him to be cared for first. As Michelle sees this out of the corner of her eye, her face breaks into another rare warm smile for just a moment, before looking back at Zane, still gesturing for Rex to trust and enter her care. "I suppose it would make sense for another Aura Sensitive person to be trained by a Master Aura Guardian... but that is still quite amazing, Mr. Grandsoul!"

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-31, 03:11 PM
Zane leans back in his chair, an embarrassed smile on his face. "Aw come on. It's nothing, really. David's just a regular guy when you get to know him. He doesn't really talk about his time as the champion like it's anything big or impressive, so I guess the gravity never really hit me as hard as it should've."

Rex looks back in surprise when Bryanna shoves him forward, but quickly smiles as he hops up onto Michelle's lap, after having dusted himself off to avoid staining her dress. As she begins dressing his wounds, the Aura Pokémon sends a pulse of raw gratitude towards her. A straightforward and to the point means of thanking her for what she was doing for him.

Zane continues onwards. "Yeah. I guess it was a lucky break. I grew up in a mountain village that had a long history of producing Aura Sensitive people. The funny thing was that I wasn't even a native! My parents moved there when my mom was pregnant with me. I guess David went there to scout for future Aura users, and I just happened to be the lucky Farfetch'd who needed training. He shrugs, smiling. "What about you? What's your story? Your powers seem... different from mine. Have you had any formal training?" He asks, genuinely curious as to the nature of this strangely-tinted girl. "Actually... What do you know about David? I mean, sure, he's my teacher. But that's ALL I've known him as. I'm curious what someone like you thinks of him."

As he lets the question hang, he looks over to the café, and gets an idea. "Oh! I know. Why don't you tell me over some snacks? Do you want anything?"

Charm in case it's needed to get a story out of her: [roll0]

Intuition to see her reaction to his story, as well as her general disposition when she was speaking earlier: [roll1]

INoKnowNames
2016-10-31, 05:47 PM
At Zane's remarks about the Champion, Michelle nods without seeing, perceiving something not physically present. Her eyebrows arch a bit as she hears about his origins, though her trepidation continues to ebb away as he talks to her. "I suppose they are. People with powers like ours are a bit rare, are they not. It is an odd connection I have always had, since before I could even walk. It was entirely unknown to my immediate family. The closest I have been to getting help in refining it has been more exposure to Pokemon, and being observed for it in the process."

She pauses at his last personal question, with an almost curious expression. Trying to decide how to address that one, she resolves to come back to it. "Please see if they have something these two might like. And I suppose, if it is alright, I would enjoy a sweet iced tea." she replies to the subject of treats, looking at Rex and Bryanna. Upon getting to the counter, Zane finds the barista watching him with a cheeky grin, a set of assorted poffins already prepared, and his and Michelle's drink orders easily filled. "I knew you'd be here on the Champ's bill, but I didn't think you'd be on a date! She's so pretty, and you're so handsome; you look so cute together! You enjoy yourselves, and lemme know if you need anythin'!" she teases him, loudly enough for her voice to carry.

By the time Zane returns, both Bryanna and Rex, his legs dangling off the side, are sitting on each of Michelle's thighs, their remaining injuries already treated. It's with an almost maternal affection and care that she sees to them with absolute glee on her face, scratching Rex behind the ears and gently patting Bryanna, who seems to be trying to play a paw-slapping game with Rex. Michelle looks at Zane for just a second as she hears him approach, her face crimson as she catches his eye. She goes back to staring at Bryanna and Rex, heat still emanating from her face. Despite this, she finally answers his last question. "It has been a long since since I have seen him, but I do have fond memory of him. A bit blunt, a bit proud, but always well meaning, and far more confident than he seemed. This was when I was much much younger, and before he became what he is today, though, so you probably know him better than I. Champion, Top Ranger..." she trails off, meaningfully.

Capt. Infinity
2016-10-31, 06:57 PM
Zane was unprepared for the woman's statement, and can't help but blush as she misinterprets the situation. "Wh- Hey! It's not like that! I just met her, and I thought she could use a bit of cheering up, you know. Okay well, when I say it like that it does kind sound like- I- Nevermind! Thank you for the food." He nods, remaining polite, as he turns and quickly recovers his composure as he moves to the table.

Zane grins at Michelle, clearly also embarassed. "Hey, sorry about that. She knows David and I guess she got the wrong idea. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable like that. Here's your iced tea." He hands the glass to the blushing girl. "And here's a tray of poffins for you two." Zane drops a tray between Rex and Bryanna, atop Michelle's lap. Rex, who had been indulging Bryanna in her game, was suddenly ecstatic at the selection, looking hungrily at the spread, before noticing Bryanna. The Riolu squints for a moment, as if truly taking in the Buneary's being, before reaching into the poffin pile, pulling out a particularly fluffy orange puff, and handing it to her, smiling.

Zane chuckles as Michelle continues. "That sounds like him, all right. If I had to use one word to describe David, it would probably be "genuine". Dude's got a good soul. And believe me, I would know."

He indulges her explanation of her powers a bit more. "I think I've always had my powers too. It's just that I never fully realized it until I was 13. It's like finding out that there was a colour of the rainbow only you could see. You have no frame of reference to put yourself against, so nobody knows anything is up until it's pointed out to you. David helped a bunch, though. Before him, I could only use my Aura Reading. Now, I'm a bonafide Guardian in training!" He cheers. "Hey, listen. People like us gotta stick together, right? If you ever need someone to talk to about your powers, or how to use them, don't be afraid to give us a call."

Zane's eyebrows perk up, suddenly realizing something. "Oh right! I forgot to ask you your number. You know, so we can stay in touch after this?" Zane asks, hoping he wasn't being to aggressive in making a new friend.

INoKnowNames
2016-11-11, 01:46 PM
Bryanna toys with the poffin given to her by Rex, tilting her head while looking between it and herself. Taking a nibble out of it, she suddenly puts on a disgusted expression just long enough to be convincing for a moment, before winking and popping the rest of it into her mouth in an instant, while presenting Rex with a light green poffin she was picking out before, a coy grin on her face.

Even as Zane and Michelle return to their conversation, their peripheral vision can't help but continue to notice the barista still smiling at them, and even having the nerve to call one of the others from the back to giggle at the two. Michelle appears to be somewhat stricken by this, unless something else in the back of her head is gnawing at her mind while Zane talks to her. Regardless, beyond thanking Zane for the tea, she says nothing other than nodding as she listens to him, her face still flushed, yet her eyes slightly unfocused.

When Zane asks her for her number, she gasps, almost coughing on her drink, hastily setting it down and covering her lips with one hand, her other to her heart through her chest. "Oh, I... If you wish to leave me yours, I would be pleased with that, if you truly wanted to. However, I cannot give you mine, at least not now. I left the only device to which I would be able to communicate on with my companion for this trip, when he and I were separated while traveling through the city. I was actually when I was on my way to a per-ordained meeting place that would let me find him again that those horrible men lured me into the alleyway..." she trails off with a shiver, still visibly terrified of her experience, and looking even more uncomfortable. She shakes it off before continuing, her frown shrinking. "If you would allow me to trouble you for a bit longer, I am quite sure that our destinations might be similar, knowing your companion and mine. I could stay with you until I am reunited with him, and then we can properly exchange contact information before we continue onward, if that is acceptable." she looks at Zane, somewhat expectantly.

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-15, 01:53 PM
Rex shows a moment of genuine confusion and surprise as Bryanna momentarily fools him, and puts on a bit of an upset pout in the wake of the deception. But said negative expression quickly falters and crumbles completely in the wake of the poffin presented.

Cautiously, the intrepid Pokémon takes a bite out of it. And, for a moment, a look of abject surprise crosses the Riolu's face as the bitterness washes over his taste buds. However, perhaps to Bryanna's surprise and mild chagrin, the expression quickly turns to one of astonishiment and intrigue, with Rex quickly scarfing down the rest, even licking his lips in the wake of it. "Rio, rio!" The Aura Pokémon chimes, evidently the type of Pokémon ready, willing, and able to enjoy all flavours equally.

Zane smiles at Michelle's request, completely content. "Sure! I'm more than happy to stick around here a while longer. Dangerous as things were for a while there, I've had fun meeting you, and I'd hate to lose touch." The young man explains, perhaps mildly oblivious to the fact that his overt friendliness, might still yet be a bit too forward for this sort of circumstance.

He does, however, pause to consider the full ramifications of what the young Channeler said. "Wait, similar destination? Your companion and- wait, am I missing something here? Who exactly are you waiting for?" Zane asks, having legitimately failed to question such things before now.

INoKnowNames
2016-11-28, 08:22 AM
Bryanna watches the Riolu with a look of anticipation, which slightly gives way to both concern and a bit of suspicion as he appears staggered by her choice. In the wake of his contentment, she comes dangerously close to playfully thumping him with her massive ears out of amusement and relief. Instead -and at the end of her near attempt at bopping Rex-, she uses them to launch a poffin in the air and juggle it, with the occasional glance back at him.

Her frown shrinks a little further as she receives his answer, and it becomes clear to Zane that, for whatever reason, that is more or less how she smiles at all. Maybe something in her nature or her past prevents her from baring those pearly whites of hers, or at least lifting the corners of her lips, at least to other people. She does tilt her head a tad while considering his confusion, her lavender sheet of hair rippling in the wind in the process. “Had I not explained my own business here, Sir Grandsoul?” she asks, slightly perplexed herself. “Please pardon my presumption. Much like yourself, knowing David, I was invited to come watch the commencement ceremony of the Sodai League Conference, alongside my own mentor, Professor Eucalyptus. He will be speaking alongside some of the League representatives, including the Elite 4. Or at least, that was my understanding of it.” She pauses meaningfully, eyes trailing out over the grounds to collect her thoughts, and giving Zane a moment to reflect on his instincts; how even as he can detect her genuine sincerity, he can tell that there was still more to her under the surface.

“That is why I tried to use the Main Street to reach the Battle Dome; if I wait there, I do believe he would be able to find me again. Or, at least,” she pauses in her explanation to look directly into Zane’s face, her frown almost nonexistent and her purple eyes twinkling, “I would be able to do so, following the protection of a brave hero.”

It is precisely at this moment that Michelle's discomfort returns again, face further flushed and frown fortified. One of the baristas breaks out in a fit of giggles, the other doing her best to keep a straight face and even keeping a busboy from approaching Zane and Michelle's table. Though their dishes could be taken away, even out of the corner of his eye Zane can tell that the employee has a few other things on his mind, just judging where his gaze lingers.

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-28, 09:03 AM
Rex looks starry-eyed at Bryanna's artful dexterity, and applauds her as the Buneary performs her juggling act, a smile on the Riolu's face. An outside observer might call the display childlike, but Zane had always preferred the word "genuine" when it came to describing the smiley demeanour of his partner Pokémon.

Zane paused to consider everything he was just told by Michelle, moderately exasperated. "Whu- Seriously? The Professor? That's sounds really cool!" The compliment was genuine, but Zane really couldn't stop himself from feeling moderately disheartened by the continued closed-off information he could feel were hidden behind the Channeler's eyes. Were it anyone else, he would've been a bit more confrontational on it. But he could tell that she was less liable to be surprised by his accusation, that she was to flee rapidly in the most readily available direction.

What Zane detected precisely ZERO insincerity in, and what he was most-definitely NOT prepared for, was the precise wording of Michelle's request for a chaperone. Zane was not a hard blusher, by most definitions. But the redness on his face was readily visible in the wake of that comment, with his suddenly-surprised expression merely adding to it. He noticed out of the corner of his eye that the waitstaff was spying on them in a conspiratorial manner, and was both thankful, and further embarrassed by their attempts to stay uninvolved.

Wanting to keep the conversation from stagnating, Zane chuckled in an attempt to break the tension. "Heh heh. Well, I don't exactly now about a hero." He states, modestly. "But I've been called brave quite a bit. So I guess I'll have to do!" Zane looks around, evidently searching for his mentor, perhaps in hope of alleviating the rapidly building tension. "It's really kinda serendipitous that the two of us should meet up. I'm actually supposed to wait here for David to arrive. And, at this point, something tells me that we're both headed in the same direction, by the same route. So, I guess it's a good thing you're so fun to be around, otherwise this might've been bad for the both of us." Zane smiles, his compliment perhaps slightly awkward, but it was the best he could muster in the wake of his exasperation, and his raw charisma does its job at keeping it from sounding too foolish.

INoKnowNames
2016-11-29, 12:05 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Bryanna partially returns Rex’s grin, still focused on the bouncing of the poffin, before allowing it to land on her nose. After bobbing it one last time onto her ear, she holds it before him, inviting him to try his paw at performing, her expression a bit mischievous.

The moment Zane’s face began to crimson, Michelle broke eye-contact as if her life depended on it, the red in her face almost painful to observe. The snickers of the waitstaff only further punctuate the scene, thought the breaking of dishes in the back divert their attention and cause the 3 of them, the busboy dragged unwillingly from his goggling, to investigate. Only slightly does her discomfort appear to ease; she at least appears to listen, and even attempts to breathe a small laugh herself as Zane struggles to break the ice.

Before she can finish forming a response, the senses of most of their group immediately shifts elsewhere, and Michelle’s trembling hands on Bryanna’s shoulder is enough to get the unaware rabbit’s attention, causing Bryanna to drop the poffin she was still offering Rex onto the ground. Michelle herself turns to see the street outside, and though the rumbling of various conveyances up and down the road had been consistent for a while, it was paradoxically the indistinct style of the approaching pair of black vans, still a bit down the road, that caught their notice.

As if she had been slashed by a saber, the flush drained entirely from Michelle’s face, replaced by the pale whiteness of absolute horror. “You... You did say he would be here soon, did you not?” she asks Zane, her quivering voice even more diminished, and even more terrified. She instinctively holds Bryanna just below her bosom as she moves behind a pillar, to observe the vehicles and hide part of the group from immediate view. As she moves, it becomes apparent to Zane that she is still heavily damaged from her last encounter, her walk even still a bit lame from the shrapnel she took protecting him. She had not even thought to take care of herself after tending to everyone else. “What should we do?” she looks at Zane again as she asks, tears of terror already sliding down her cheeks. “Should we wait? Alert the staff? Possibly try to flee?”

Not that I'm not enjoying the hell out of the shipping, but more than enough time has passed, both out of character and hopefully conversationally, that this Chekov's Gun is just about overdue to fire.

You've got a couple options. If you need me to list them, I'll be happy to. Otherwise, ball's back in your corner, Champ in the making.

Just to be clear, for the sake of roleplaying, Rex and Zane were also both immediately aware of approaching trouble.

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-29, 03:16 PM
Zane's head whips to one side as the two black vans approach. He feels a sudden twinge of foolishness, having assumed that the backup had been called off in the wake of the masked men's defeat.

He gets up slowly as he sees the vans approach, and side-eyes Michelle with a look of sympathy. "We're not doing anything. You are alerting staff so they can hide you, getting out of sight with Bryanna, and fixing up your own wounds. Rex and I are going out there. I've got a plan. AND an ace up my sleeve. Just stay safe" Zane explains, hoping that the surprise might actually be a bit of a pick-me-up for the shrinking violet of a girl.

"Come on Rex."

"Rio!" The Riolu more or less frontflips out of Michelle's arms. Landing feet-first, and turning to give Bryanna a thumbs-up once he does so.

Zane looks at Michelle, imploring her to work with him on this. "You've done enough as it is. Please, you gotta trust me."

INoKnowNames
2016-11-29, 03:23 PM
[roll0]

Tears still falling and knees quivering with anxiety, Michelle mouths silently, almost about to utter a protest, before Zane fully explains himself, joined by his partner. She looks down at her own companion, who returns her concerned expression with a nod, and a thumbs-up to Rex. With that, Michelle sets Bryanna to the ground, and motions toward the inside of the facility, upon which the purple fluffed Buneary squeaks with another nod before bounding inside.

With a look at the oncoming trouble, Michelle moves as quick as she can to Zane. “Please be careful, Sir Grandsoul. Please do not be too reckless.” she whispers in his ear, lightly putting both trembling hands on his shoulder in what might be the most fleeting of hugs; yet her touch and bodily contact combined with her floral scent cause an involuntary tingling sensation down Zane’s body. Before he respond, she’s already begun moving back across the lobby, her head down below table level, concealed by the rest of the chairs as she limps her way in the wake of her Pokemon.

The vans have not yet pulled up to the store, though it would be less than half a minute before they would stop. Before that could happen, however, the woman who served Zane has returned to the front counter, her positive demeanor gone. “What are you doing out here? That Buneary interrupted us, and your date said we need to call the police; what in the world’s going on?” she asks, in an overbearing tone.

The Charm check was successful. She' might not have obeyed him entirely (he might find her health-kit still untouched later), but he at least got her out of the way. So long as they don't search the place or anything like that, she shouldn't be involved in what happens. Had [the check] been a little less, for better or worse (given that she was their main target before), she would have tried to leave Bryanna to help defend Zane, with the advantage of being additional help, and the disadvantage of being a dead giveaway to her involvement. Had it been less than 15, she would have refused to let him risk his life again, either begging him to flee/hide with her or not wanting to leave his side.

What now? There's still time to try hiding yourself, if you want. The barmaid (I've had a lot of girls making drinks recently) could help with that. Perk for him being so amusing and polite concerning being teased. Almost as if I try to give all of your actions, or at least as many of them as possible, depth by having consequences. Look at me, I'm Peter Moloneux!

And yes, one last tribute for the God of Shipping. Had a bit of fun with Cute Charm there.

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-29, 04:50 PM
Zane blushes once more at Michelle's hug. More so astonished that she mustered up the courage to do so than anything. As she limps away, he gets a look of concern on his face, since the light scent of Gracidea flowers was almost entirely snuffed out by the cold mix of blue which denoted the worry within her soul.

As the barmaid speaks, Zane looks a bit pensive, trying to find the right words to address her.

"Er, well. You see, I wasn't lying when I said I'd just met her. I met her in that alleyway down there, as two thugs were trying to kidnap her." He explains, keeping his gaze oscillated between the barmaid and the vans. "I thought we'd seen the last of them, but it seems the backup they called in made good on their promise." He turns to look at the woman directly.

"Please don't worry about me, I've been training for exactly this." The young man brings out his Junior Ranger badge from his coat pocket, flashing it to the woman. "I'll keep them preoccupied until my own backup can arrive. But, in case they don't get here in time, I need you to alert the authorities that two vans full of men intent on kidnapping that girl-" He motions to Michelle with his eyes. "Are attempting to try it a second time. Tell them David's student Zane is calling it in. They'll know my teacher, if not me." Zane tries his best to sound assuring to the woman. He himself being rather confident, but the sheer pressure of the situation being just as likely to make him seem unconvincing.

Rolling Charm, spending one AP for a +1 on the roll: [roll0]

INoKnowNames
2016-11-30, 09:18 AM
“Don’t get in over your head, boy.” she says, starting to lower her voice, though Zane’s explanation made her eyes widen. “I already got one of my employees on the phone with the 5-O, the second your... friend started blubbering to us. Hopefully help'll be here soon. They’re good about coming when Thelma calls.” She glares out at the vans, the first now meters from stopping in front of the store. “Listen, Zane. You say you’re ready; I say you’re foolhardy. No offense, but I could take you on, young'in'; my Louise could give your buddy a run for his money. And if they failed once, they’ll aim to succeed again.” Thelma’s eyes shift slightly, to keep Zane in her peripheral vision. “I ain’t goin’ anywhere either way; this is my store. But why don’t you try to hide yourself, slip behind the counter like sheila. Let me deal with 'em first, and keep whatever hair-brained scheme you’ve got in mind for when you need it.”

As the charm check was as to ask the ocean for salt-water, your check was entirely pointless. Your ap is not spent.

I'm tempted to be nice and let that dice roll be used again in the future, if only because of how rare it is to get decent dice rolls on the forum. Or at least give you the chance for it. Give me a roll of even or odd in your next post, and if you get even, consider that stocked for Zane or Rex' next 4d6 roll.

I was gonna save colors for reoccurring npcs, like rivals and higher priority bad guys...

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-30, 05:28 PM
Zane considers Thelma's offer, then comes up with a plan. "I get the feeling these guys aren't going to give up that easily. I have a plan on how to beat them, but I need you to trust me for it to work." The young man implores. "I just need you to keep them busy for a little while while I sneak around the back. I'll get behind them while you have them occupied, and from there I can alert some... "Backup", and then stall them myself until help arrives."

Zane looks pleadingly at Thelma. "Please. You have to trust me on this. I know this will work, but only if you help me. You don't have to worry about me after that. I may not look like it, but I promise I can more than hold my own in a fight." The Aura Guardian does his best to seem confident in his assertions. And, although he himself believed that he could manage it, he knew that the stress of the situation alone could leave her in disbelief, necessitating all his effort to seem genuine enough to win the older woman over.

IF you need it again: [roll0] (Also, am I banking this INDEFINITELY? Or just of for this roll coming up?)

As for the Charm check if that doesn't work out: [roll1]

INoKnowNames
2016-12-01, 03:27 PM
Thelma gives Zane a hard, searching look of suspicion, before groaning. “As reckless as he is charming, just like his guru. If I were her age...” she smiles to herself, shaking her head. “Alright. Go get ready to play hero. I’ll give you your chance.” she points her thumb behind her, somewhat resignedly while walking into the center of the lobby.

The doors to the cafeteria section of the snack bar barely swing closed in time to conceal Zane, as car doors start opening out front. Through the window, he can see no less than 10 men in crisp suits, faces obscured by those same indistinct coverings, coming out of both cars. Thelma’s aura of Orange and Brown seems almost unbelievable faced with such odds, standing out particularly among the incoming wave of dark Red and Black. Nevertheless, she seems content to face them down as they approach, hands on her hips. However, they aren’t speaking nearly loud enough to be heard over the ambient noise of the store equipment.

Turning back, Zane sees a few more employees looking his way. Some of them looking frightened, others intrigued; at least one girl wiping down equipment openly ogling his svelte form. Before any of them can respond, the woman who had joined Thelma at the bar to giggle at Zane’s ‘date’ walks forward. “You ready to take your sweetheart and get out of here?” she asks. “Assistant Manager. I’ll unlock the exit for you. Just gotta pick up Lavender, first. Left her with Louise, if only because we had to drag Kenny away from her.”

Sure enough, near the back in front of the dish washer is the busboy from earlier, his right ear red and raw as if yanked incredibly hard, at work cleaning plates. Every now and then, he turns to throw a lecherous look of longing at a small nook near the office, in which sits a massive shaggy gray dog, aiding Bryanna in keeping a distraught Michelle company.

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-01, 04:32 PM
Zane eyes the disheveled Michelle, almost tuning out the world around him as her frightened blue aura shines brightly. He turns to the woman in front of him. "Look I've already told you. She's not my- look, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm not going with her. I have a plan, but I need to head out alone to do it. Please, can I trust you to keep her safe and get her out of here? Oh, and keep Kenny off of her. Guy's not even being subtle about it." The Junior Ranger adds as an addendum, side-eying the busboy that had been ogling the two of them earlier. It was enough that people couldn't hide their opinion of him from him (the other girl's gaze would've been more embarrassing if it weren't for how urgent the circumstances were). But, seeing what he can see, Zane often felt responsible in making sure people's inner negatives don't turn outwards, and that those who are outwardly negative get beaten outside in.

INoKnowNames
2016-12-01, 06:00 PM
The assistant manager throws up her eyebrows. “Lavender’ll be fine so long as she stays put. Boss’ a pretty good trainer herself, and it’s not like none of us aren’t ready either if someone’s making trouble in our store.” she replies, gesturing at her coworkers, who in near-unison give something of a combination between a shout and a war-cry, the girl staring at Zane blowing him a kiss and a wink as she turns back to work.

Walking Zane to the back, assistant manager continues in a whisper. “Don’t worry about him. If he tries anything funny, he’ll be fired if he doesn’t end up a Pokeblock for Louise. She’s already bitten him once for trying his funny business with Lavender; he’ll deserve losing a finger if he tries again.” As they pass the office and head for the back door, Bryanna waves happily at Zane and Rex, and Michelle looks up from stroking the Stoutland’s fur, staring at Zane’s eyes, her own sparkling with unshed tears. She looked as if she wanted desperately to try to say something to him again, but after a moment, fails to manage it, and goes back to her treatment of Louise, still looking miserable, somewhat uncomfortable, and a bit flushed again. The momentary flash of Pink, followed by an even deeper shade of Green tinged Blue speaks volumes of her feelings of culpability.

At the back door, Zane can see the only exit armed with an alarmed lock. No one can get in or out illegally without someone noticing. It takes a bit to unlock it, but eventually the assistant manager pushes the door slightly open for him, enough to slip outside. “Good luck out there, champ in the making.” she says. Zane finds himself staring at a brick wall and door of a different store, in the middle of the alleyway, one turn away from where this all began in the first place, and back in the open air. Turning left or right twice and heading directly forward would take him right back to the entrance, the main street, and danger.

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-01, 11:42 PM
Zane looks down the alleyway, and he stands slightly taller in the wake of it, bracing for action.

Though Zane had never been able to view his own Aura properly (he just kind of saw THROUGH mirrors, after all), David had always been quick to note how, almost without fault, the vast majority of it was always coloured a bright and shining orange. He never felt like he'd earned it, really. And even now, he'd be doubtful if you told him. But it was here, standing before almost impossible odds, that the reasoning behind it could not be more clear.

Zane chances a look at the woman. "Thanks for the help ma'am. If I could ask one last thing, could you please tell Michelle not to worry about me, and that this isn't her fault. Even if I'd never met her, I'd still be doing this. But I'm glad that I had, because now I've got a stake in doing it right." The young man smiles, and gives a reassuring thumbs up, before beginning to walk down the alley. Suddenly remembering something, Zane fishes out his Pokétch, and calls up David, leaving a message and text if need be. "Ten men in masks are currently trying to re-abduct the professor's assistant after I stopped them a few minutes ago. Get over here as soon as you can. I'll try and make sure your partner gets here first."

As Zane attempts to be quiet approaching the alley entrance, he looks up to the sky, and focuses all his thoughts towards the presence he knows to be there.

~There's trouble. BIG trouble. And I need you to get here. Fast. I'll hold them off as long as I can, but I'm gonna need backup if I'm going to keep everyone safe.~

And, with that message for reinforcements sent, Zane heads around the back, attempting to sneak up on the masked men from behind.

Here goes basically nothing! Spending that refunded AP for a bonus +1 on the roll:

As Zane approaches the alleyway entrance, he pauses, and turns to Rex. "Scout ahead. Send me what you see. We gotta play this safe."

"Riorio!" Rex nods assuringly, before deftly making his way forward, the Riolu trying his best to remain silent as he gets behind the vans.

Rex Stealth: [roll]3d6+2

Perception (if need be): 2d6+2

INoKnowNames
2016-12-02, 06:20 PM
“I’ll let you tell her yourself that once you’ve saved the day. It’ll mean more coming from you.” she replies with a shrewd look, before shutting the door behind Zane. "Don't expect to get back through here immediately if something worse happens." she finishes, and Zane can faintly hear the sounds of the locks being re-triggered.

Zane’s attempt to sneak up the alley is nearly marred by the vibration of his Poketch seconds after his message. Checking it reveals a short, audio-only response: “On my way. Go. All. Out.” The voice matched David’s, but the tone behind the order was almost unrecognizably vicious, cloaked in an outright fury Zane had rarely heard before.

Serendipitously, Zane’s approach had been signaled by the assurance from Rex that it was clear to do so, and as he himself continued along Zane could see that most of the men within the cafe were sitting down, somehow convinced to actually stop and drink. Zane’s count was somewhat off, however; there seem to have been even more people present within those vehicles than just the bulk of them who came forth at first. As he moves, he can count about 16 people in total, between those sitting down and a few still talking to Thelma. One or two had looked in his direction as the Poketch went off, but don’t seem to have noticed anything yet.

Before Zane can contemplate the increased odds, a wave of sheer credence flows through his body, as a shadow covers him. Zane not even need look up into the sky to know what and why the sunlight above him is blocked out, as he makes his way to behind the vans. Zane can almost feel the perspective far above in the sky, focusing on the ground below.

I was going to have him say "Shoot. To. Kill.", but that might be a bit much. Or will it? I'm actually still trying to decide my color, though... even though I'd already done so. Heheh... speaking of which, it bothers me that the two words I made up seem to be messed up, but I swear those are legitimate uses for them....

If you hadn't spent that Ap, you would have failed that check. 1-3 would have been a failure. You barely survived them -IMMEDIATELY- breaking off to come back at you. So, the Heavy Artillery is on alert, the Target is hopefully in safe custody so long as the fight doesn't go back into the bar, and Zane is still undetected for now. What next? I'm tempted to start mapping out a battle arena for fighting on the main roads, which are still otherwise safely unbusy. How convenient for the plot. :smallwink:

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-03, 03:12 AM
Zane is honestly kind of taken aback at his mentor's tone of sheer anger in his message. It was not often that David truly grew cold in his speech, but the fact that he HAD meant that not only did he probably know who these people are, but he knew they were serious business.

Upon sensing his Teacher's Pokémon above him, grins with renewed confidence. Looking at the group of men set up in the shop, Zane sends another signal to the Dragonite above. ~Get ready to attack on my signal.~ He explains to the Dragon above.

Looking to his partner Rex, he whispers a simple command. "Get underneath the van. No need to make them wary." He advises, with the young Riolu giving a nod of approval, before attempting to make himself unknown beneath the nearest black van. Finally ready for his confrontation, Zane enters a readied stance, and gives the side of the nearest van a few good, hard knocks. Not hard enough to dent the metal, but with enough forcce for it to make a sizeable noise. One that would easily draw the attention of the men inside.

"Hey! Masked guys! Get out here. I wanna ask you some questions!"

Not the GREATEST of plans, but one that was no doubt going to at least be moderately effective.

Rex Stealth: [roll0]

Zane Charm (If it matters in not making them immediately hostile towards Zane): [roll1]

INoKnowNames
2016-12-03, 10:47 AM
Right on point, the men closest to the entrance of the shop and those talking to Thelma turn at the sound of the noise, Thelma herself wearing a look of somewhat urked shock. Within seconds, the entire team of men, equipment back in place, have quickly exited the building, moving to begin surrounding and confronting Zane, a few of the ones who hadn’t had anything to drink talking to each other first. “Not the smartest choice, lingering around where you’ve caused trouble, boy.” One of the men facing Zane dead on calls out. “Didn’t your parents teach you not to meddle in other people’s business?” another jeers. “Even if you -do- make up for it, you might not get away without a lesson in manners, unless you answer promptly.” prompts another. “We don’t have time for your worthless curiosity, brat, Thankfully for you. Just answer us, and you might get out of this easily, as even your bull**** powers won’t save you here.” the original man prompts, in a somewhat level voice that gives way to a snarl: “Where. Is. She.”

Their attempts at intimidation are moderately convincing, but even as they threaten Zane, another wave of encouragement flows through his body, with a hint of concern, as if warning Zane to keep his distance from the van Rex had not hidden under. As if that van would not be safe in the immediate future.

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-03, 09:14 PM
Zane remains cool and in control in the wake of the aggressive men. "My parents taught me to help those in need when they needed it. My mentor told me that sticking your head into trouble was the world's best policy." He gave a confident smirk to the men around him.

The young man tries his best to remain cordial. "Come on guys. Stop acting all defensive. I'm clearly outnumbered, and you all seem fairly strong." He gestures at the men surrounding him. "You all know my type. I'm sure of it. I'm the kind of guy who stubbornly refuses to give an inch till their final, dying breath. But hey, maybe I can be reasoned with. After all, I know nothing about the lot of you. For all I know, you could be perfectly reasonable. I've only heard the one side of the story, after all."

"Tell you what. If you guys honestly believe in whatever you're fighting for so much that you're willing to kidnap someone in broad daylight to get it, why not try and sell it to me? Who knows? Maybe I'll finally get out of your way, once I see your point." Zane wasn't lying. He was GENUINELY curious what could possibly bring these men to such awful action. After all, as heinous as it was, the sheer specificity in their kidnapping, and the amount of force they're willing to put towards it, means there's DEFINITELY more going on here than meets the eye.

Now, he'd be willing to bet every cent he owned their reasons were nowhere near good, but that was beside the point.

I'ma cash in that earlier roll for this one. I want me some context! :smalltongue:

INoKnowNames
2016-12-04, 11:47 AM
“As if a bargaining chip has a story at all-”, one begins, before being almost knocked off balance by the harsh push of a fellow. Though little is said, much is seen; even as the greenhorn is silenced, flashes of gloomy gold and bright orange and green intermingle with the hell-fire aura exuded by the men. Their plans, while murky, become a bit more clear; this group, whomever they are, seek to turn a healthy profit from their actions.

“No more games, brat.” the spokesperson of this number cuts through in a spitting voice. “What you think doesn’t matter. Only that you’re wasting our time. If the next words out of your mouth aren’t informative, then you'll be wishing you were giving your dying breath before you know it, just for delaying us. Where. Is. The girl.” His last words are punctuated by each of the men, almost simultaneously pulling out Pokeballs.

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-04, 09:24 PM
Zane looks around at the menacing figures around him, taking in the sheer magnitude of their killing intent. In response, the Aura Guardian can only smile.

"Well. I can certainly tell you where she's not." The young man smirks.

"Up."

~NOW RAND!~ The Junior Ranger projects to the dragon above, willing it to come to his aid.

Should the Dragonite make an impressive enough entrance to get the masked men's attention, Zane will dig in his heel, ready his stance, and rush forward at the man standing closest to the van Rex is under, leaping straight onto the man's mask-covered face, and then springboarding off of that to spin-flip onto the van behind him, blasting said thug with a wave of raw Aura midair as he does so. In the midst of this display of combat prowess, Zane calls out to his partner in crime-stopping. "Rex, use Force Palm!"

"RIIIIO!" The Riolu shouts, before jumping out from underneath the van, and striking the nearest thug in the back.

The game, it seems, was on.

Rex

Use Force Palm on nearest Goon (DC 2): [roll0]

Zane

PARKOUR (Spending AP for +1): [roll2]

Use Vacuum Wave on same guy as Rex (DC 2): [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]

INoKnowNames
2017-01-10, 02:35 PM
Zane’s smirk and lack of immediate response falls flat on the enemies before him. Though a few men looked up, and did indeed pause for a moment to glance at the object cutting through the air, as the more focused of them release their Pokemon, the remaining all follow suite; Zane finds himself surrounded by 16 hostile combinations of trainers and Pokemon alike.

Yet the sound of slicing wind grows loud and louder, for the few seconds remaining it takes before a crash entirely obliterates the remaining calm of the day. The far-side van finds itself crunched in half like the stomped remains of an empty soda can.

In the immediate confusion, Zane’s attempt at parkour comes off almost effortlessly; stumbling only slightly to maintain his balance even after he’s successfully blasted his impromptu springboard. Rex easily capitalizes on the immediate confusion to make his own successful attack, dropping said thug to the ground.

Before the remaining group can fully focus on Zane and Rex, the furled wings of the monster spread wide, blowing away the remaining smoke from the inoperable vehicle. With a load roar, Randi slashes the air with a glowing claw, releasing a wave of energy that causes the air around part of the enemy to violently shutter and glow orange before outright exploding. Even as they dove to avoid it, the intensity of the attack still knocked several opponents -in particular 3 of the trainers, an Inkay, a Skorupi, and a Venipede- absolutely senseless.

“WHAT THE HELL! No one said there’d be anything like this!” One man puts to words the panic shared by most, the hellfire aura of the group given way to an intense wave of blue.

For my own sanity, we're running this round as a, for want of a better term, Sneak Attack. Even as the enemy prepared to attack, your "ambush" was successful.

And lucky you, when I decided to roll to figure out what Randi would do first, the result was to try out Randi's Signature Move. If it had hit properly, most of those people might have been close to being outright dead, actually.

Capt. Infinity
2017-01-26, 11:12 PM
"What can I tell ya, friends? Life FULL of surprises!" Zane Shouts from on high, before firing another blast of Aura at the nearest masked man. "Rex! Double it up with a Force Palm!"

"Rio!" The Riolu cheers, surging forward to strike the same man, or the masked goon next to him, should the first one go down.

~And Rand! ...Uh. Dragon Claw on one of the guys, I guess. I'll leave the details to you!~ Zane adds as he finishes his attack, trying his best to stay out of the Dragonite's way as she levied the full force of her power so very, VERY near to him.

Zane

Vacuum Wave the nearest goon:

Attack (AC 2): [roll0]

Rex

Move up and attack the same goon with Force Palm, or the next nearest one, should that goon go down:

Attack (AC 2): [roll2]