PDA

View Full Version : Crafting human bone dice 3.5?

ArtikSnow
2016-10-12, 05:12 PM
What craft skill would you need to craft bone dice? My group can not decide since I need to make some for a spell.

Cerefel
2016-10-12, 05:14 PM
Craft: Carving/Whittling/etc

ArtikSnow
2016-10-12, 05:23 PM
Craft: Carving/Whittling/etc Cool so rolling for that be a d20 plus the craft skill. Thank a lot.

Venger
2016-10-12, 07:19 PM
Cool so rolling for that be a d20 plus the craft skill. Thank a lot.

plus the character's intelligence bonus.

Zanos
2016-10-13, 04:06 AM
Bone dice probably aren't very expensive or complex. Craft can be used untrained, and you can take 10. If your intelligence is good and you've got say, some masterwork tools or someone to give you a hand, you shouldn't have any issues making the DC. The check for Simple Items is only DC 10, and even high quality items are only 15.

If this is for a printed spell, spell component pouches are assumed to contain any components you might need that don't have a cost listed elsewhere. So you might not need to jump through these hoops.

Venger
2016-10-13, 08:11 AM
Bone dice probably aren't very expensive or complex. Craft can be used untrained, and you can take 10. If your intelligence is good and you've got say, some masterwork tools or someone to give you a hand, you shouldn't have any issues making the DC. The check for Simple Items is only DC 10, and even high quality items are only 15.

If this is for a printed spell, spell component pouches are assumed to contain any components you might need that don't have a cost listed elsewhere. So you might not need to jump through these hoops.

I assume he needs them for bovd's cheat spell. there is indeed no listed cost, and you can be assumed to just have them, or have bought them at the evil store during downtime for no cost. assume he gave you this and you gave him the umbilical cord of a dwarf or something

weckar
2016-10-13, 08:25 AM
Umbilical cord of a dwarf?

... Man I hope baby dwarves have a more human-like width-to-height ratio...

Venger
2016-10-13, 08:30 AM
Umbilical cord of a dwarf?

... Man I hope baby dwarves have a more human-like width-to-height ratio...

yeah I think it's the material component for one of the corrupt spells in hoh