PDA

View Full Version : TV Arrow

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-13, 01:49 AM
Is it just me or is season 5 actually an improvement so far?

Seerow
2016-10-13, 02:04 AM
Having seen only episode one so far, Oliver is back to killing people, already an improvement.

But I swear if they do another flashback series after this season I am done.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-13, 02:06 AM
If they do another flashback next season it is going to be to things he was doing offscreen in season one.

Seerow
2016-10-13, 02:17 AM
If they do another flashback next season it is going to be to things he was doing offscreen in season one.

Nope, season 6 flashbacks become what Oliver was secretly doing offscreen season one, showing the story behind the story that we all already know!

Yeah, it's dumb. That's why I don't want it. (nevermind that all of the flashbacks since the first have felt really out of place).

khadgar567
2016-10-13, 02:26 AM
for all ı know they are out of flashback material and of this season

Swaoeaeieu
2016-10-13, 06:35 AM
Why did daddy Diggle leave the team again? because if its so he is in less danger to be with his family, why go back in the army?

Clertar
2016-10-13, 06:58 AM
Nope, season 6 flashbacks become what Oliver was secretly doing offscreen season one, showing the story behind the story that we all already know!

Arrow's Shadow: Oliver is Oliver's own Bean.

khadgar567
2016-10-13, 10:20 AM
Why did daddy Diggle leave the team again? because if its so he is in less danger to be with his family, why go back in the army?
I am not an oracle but how can explain things to you in simple terms.
So lets try to explain from 4th seasons end. They separate to have their own lives like rpg team separates when the last adventure ends but here is the prophecy diggle is gonna return in upcoming episodes why you ask. The reason is he's actually in infiltration mission in army he accidently create he plays good soldier and on second episode what he found is one of his superiors stealing from military and deffinetly gonna end up connecting in to arc villain of season so he is gonna connect with oliver and join co op operation

Kitten Champion
2016-10-13, 10:28 AM

Yeah, it's dumb. That's why I don't want it. (nevermind that all of the flashbacks since the first have felt really out of place).

For some reason when I read that I got the impression you were talking about them deciding to show flashbacks of what Stephen Amnell was doing during the first season. Ya'know, like editing in those making-of vignettes they often put in DVD collections.

Seerow
2016-10-13, 10:53 AM

He left because he is still pissed off at Oliver for shenanigans pulled last season. I don't remember the exact shenanigans, but it had to do with betraying Diggle's trust, and he didn't quite get over it. So once Damien Dark was taken care of, he took off.

Rogar Demonblud
2016-10-13, 03:32 PM

Without getting too far into things the mods frown on, military service is actually safer than ordinary life. I imagine that goes at least double for life in Starling City.

Quiver
2016-10-13, 04:45 PM
I'm an Arrow fan. Could you tell?

Anyhow, Arrowverse hasn't started airing in the UK yet, so...I'm avoiding spoilers.
But I will have opinions.

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-13, 05:10 PM
I'm an Arrow fan. Could you tell?

Anyhow, Arrowverse hasn't started airing in the UK yet, so...I'm avoiding spoilers.
But I will have opinions.

S3&4 for me really tanked. All the fight choreography with the women was piss-poor. Katie Cassidy is so uncoordinated it's embarrassing. And Willa Holland is such a tiny little thing that having her throw 200-lb. dudes around just looked stupid. Plus the camera-work meant you could see them whiffing everything and waiting for cues.

And the story. OMG. So, so, so bad. Almost as bad as Flash. The end of S4 made me decide that my boredom wasn't worth the pain of watching this ****e.

Then S5 came and I forgot why I hated S3&4. It's been a pleasant surprise so far. Still not great TV, but the last two episodes have definitely been a lot better than anything in S3 or 4.

Telonius
2016-10-16, 10:25 PM
My theory regarding flashbacks next season...

So, in the "Legends of Tomorrow" season premiere, Oliver ushers Random Historian Guy onto the Waverider to wake up Lincoln Burrows. Er, Mick Rory. Anyway, they never actually show him leaving the ship. I'm figuring he was trying to find the bathroom and got lost. Then, when they parked in 1942, he got out and started wandering around New York. Eventually they'll pick him back up. So next season's flashbacks will be his adventures fighting Nazis.

ryuplaneswalker
2016-10-17, 02:34 AM
My theory regarding flashbacks next season...

So, in the "Legends of Tomorrow" season premiere, Oliver ushers Random Historian Guy onto the Waverider to wake up Lincoln Burrows. Er, Mick Rory. Anyway, they never actually show him leaving the ship. I'm figuring he was trying to find the bathroom and got lost. Then, when they parked in 1942, he got out and started wandering around New York. Eventually they'll pick him back up. So next season's flashbacks will be his adventures fighting Nazis.

That is so goofy and terrible..that it wraps around and becomes great again.

Hopeless
2016-10-17, 10:33 AM
When the JSA absconds with the Legends, Oliver goes looking for them in full costume and is directed by the first policeman he meets towards the JSA Brownstone or as he calls them where all the costumed idiots are kept out of their way!😼
No way they'd allow Ollie to pull off an entrance better than Green Arrow's entrance in the JSA Brownstone in the Smallville series!😼

(Apologies having spellchecker problems!)

DiscipleofBob
2016-10-17, 11:57 AM
S3&4 for me really tanked. All the fight choreography with the women was piss-poor. Katie Cassidy is so uncoordinated it's embarrassing. And Willa Holland is such a tiny little thing that having her throw 200-lb. dudes around just looked stupid. Plus the camera-work meant you could see them whiffing everything and waiting for cues.

Katie Cassidy was a competitive gymnast for 12 years. The actress is definitely not uncoordinated. The blame for her fight scenes goes to the writers, choreographers, and whoever Katie Cassidy apparently pissed off to have her character screwed over every season.

I swear, they gave her, like, three different martial arts training backstories with different mentors only so she could awkwardly swing around a pole like Striperella or something.

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-17, 04:19 PM
Katie Cassidy was a competitive gymnast for 12 years. The actress is definitely not uncoordinated. The blame for her fight scenes goes to the writers, choreographers, and whoever Katie Cassidy apparently pissed off to have her character screwed over every season.

I swear, they gave her, like, three different martial arts training backstories with different mentors only so she could awkwardly swing around a pole like Striperella or something.

Her and fight choreography have a long history of awkwardness. It was a complaint people had about her in Supernatural as well. She might be able to balance on a beam, but she sure as **** can't pretend fight on camera. And yes, the choreography in this show is awful for the women, primarily because they're using power moves that simply can't be pulled off realistically by women. That's not a sexist thing, it's just a fact based on size, strength and mass. There are ways to make small females look impressive in a fight but it has to be done with the right choreography. Camera work is also important and they tended to use single shot, wide angles for many fight scenes where you're going to expose everyone for fake fighting and it's always going to look worse for the women.

But she definitely cops some of the blame. Also, she's on record saying that she loves what the writers did with her character so...

DiscipleofBob
2016-10-18, 03:01 PM
But she definitely cops some of the blame. Also, she's on record saying that she loves what the writers did with her character so...

Any record of her saying she "loves what the writers did with her character" is either purely her being professional, or is in context to one of the times when her character was treated even worse. There are a lot more of accounts of not just Katie Cassidy, but other cast members not names Stephen Amell or Emily Rickards, being very uncomfortable with how Cassidy and her character are treated. It's the worst kept secret about the show.

It got so bad that prior to this season, new DC entertainment director Geoff Johns needed to hold an emergency meeting with Cassidy to keep her on the show.

That's not to say she's the only character treated poorly. Quite a few major characters left as soon as they were able. Hence the string of deaths of major long-term characters, characters being put on a bus, characters being fridged, etc.

I do hope Season 5 starts to get better. Laurel being treated better (as well as coming back in the first place) is the sole condition for my wife to give the series a chance again, and she's the one who introduced me to Green Arrow and Black Canary in the comics in the first place.