PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PoW Grippli Chef

MindTheGap97
2016-10-13, 10:29 AM
Alright, I've got this idea that boggles me, I want to play a chef character, so my DM allowed Path of War and Path of War: Expanded, I think a Stalker would be pretty good, I know about the Ordre des Repas Exotique, so my character is a member of it.
The campaign starts at 3rd level
For the stats I thought:

Str: 6
Dex: 20
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 10

For the Arts: Killer's Implement, Critical Edge
Now, regarding feats, what should I pick? I have honestly no idea...
Also, for maneuvers, a big "?" there too...I know Steel Serpent is the associated style with the Ordre, maybe I should look there?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks :)

MilleniaAntares
2016-10-13, 11:36 AM
Before you choose feats, you should look at what everyone else is making... and decide what weapons you want to use.

Two-weapon fighting is popular with rogue types.

Since you're making a chef, you may wish to choose chef-like weapons. Refluff an axe as a meat cleaver. Use a sword/dagger like a knife. Some piercing weapon as a skewer or fork. Hammer as a tenderizer.

MindTheGap97
2016-10-14, 07:47 AM
My role in the party is that of the striker, the rest of the party is composed of a Barbarian, going the CAGM route, an Oracle of Life (new player, she wanted to play a healer) and a Sorcerer, mostly going for crowd control, with a pair of blasting spells

exelsisxax
2016-10-14, 08:39 AM
If you want to maximize boss-slaughtering, deadly strikes are your game.

Main-hand a cutlass, rapier, or scimitar. Off-hand something with a very high crit mult (heavy pick has highest for a martial, but gandassa, warhammer, and battleaxe have better base damage - as the previous poster said, some flavour for you in there). Main-hand strikes only until you fish a crit, then you can TWF for deadly strike bonus damage on every hit - which for the off-hand weapon will use better damage dice. Thrashing dragon will get you extra attacks and negate TWF drawbacks to make you the single-target destroyer your party can rely on to make big things die.

Steel serpent is kind of a weird discipline. It has craptons of wis-damage abilities, so if you fight clerics all the time you can just negate them completely. There's several other ability-damage maneuvers, and while not amazing, are pretty good just for that extra kick. The real benefit is that it makes poison not completely useless. You can pump DC and add poison damage relatively simply. Other than that, there's nothing really there except a few hilariously powerful grapple-related options that will always be held back by the fact that grappling is terrible.