PDA

View Full Version : Manuevers for a longsword human fighter

Dr paradox
2016-10-13, 02:17 PM
So, to start things off, this is not an optimized character. He's not meant to be, and I'm mostly just looking for advice on this specific thing.

My human fighter has the charlatan background, sort of a Mal Reynolds style two-fisted scoundrel. He fights with a longsword, switching between one and two handed as the situation needs. At fourth level he'll pick up great weapon fighter, but right now he's only just hit third level.

My question is this: what battle master manuevers suit this characterization best? What manuevers provide the best bonus to boost his chances of connecting with a great weapon swing? What manuevers work best for keeping him alive, since he doesn't use a shield and fights in scale mail?

The fighter has 16 str, 14 dex, and 11 con. He's got some light hammers as backup weapons.

(My DM has okayed GWM working for versatile attacks as long as I'm not pulling any equipping shenanigans with a shield)

(Please no commentary on how bad his build is. I know. He's built for aesthetics and characterization mostly.)

Specter
2016-10-13, 02:29 PM
Precision Attack is a given, to make sure an average die roll counts. Trip Attack too, if you have other melee characters with you. To make up for a bad CON, Menacing Attack can help with the disadvantage against you.