PDA

View Full Version : Class Advice for Sky Elf race

Foxydono
2016-10-14, 08:03 AM
I am considering playing a homebrew race called the Sky Elves in the near future. See: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Nescerei_(5e_Race) for more information.

I'll probably be lawful good, leaning towards lawful neutral. Also I'm most attracted to the ethereal variant. Getting +2 cha and +1 dex means I will probably be a caster without armor (sorcorer, warlock or bard). We roll stats (4d6) so they will probably be slightly better then standard array, but we shall see.

Anyway, I am undecided as to which class to take. So my question is what class do you guys think fits this race best? Anything goes, UA, EE, but also homebrew if it's not too powerful. Multiclassing is possible as well!

Belac93
2016-10-14, 09:24 AM
Holy jeez this race is way too powerful. Power Over Sky is broken, that is a 18th level wizard ability. Storm rider gives you immunity to a damage type (which nothing else does), and +1 AC, which is broken even if you add it on top of a balanced race, but you can potentially get it up to +3! Ethereal pretty much gives you a free 1-5 bonus to your AC against ranged attacks, and lets you ignore difficult terrain.

This race is probably at least twice as powerful as any other race in the game. I would automatically assume that anything on dandwiki is too powerful.

However, if your DM is willing to let this monstrosity through, I would suggest a ranged rogue, with sharpshooter and high dexterity to take advantage of your near-immunity to ranged attacks, and your ability to create total obscurment at-will.

If you want homebrew that isn't too powerful, stay far, far away from this race.

Foxydono
2016-10-14, 09:39 AM
Holy jeez this race is way too powerful. Power Over Sky is broken, that is a 18th level wizard ability. Storm rider gives you immunity to a damage type (which nothing else does), and +1 AC, which is broken even if you add it on top of a balanced race, but you can potentially get it up to +3! Ethereal pretty much gives you a free 1-5 bonus to your AC against ranged attacks, and lets you ignore difficult terrain.

This race is probably at least twice as powerful as any other race in the game. I would automatically assume that anything on dandwiki is too powerful.

However, if your DM is willing to let this monstrosity through, I would suggest a ranged rogue, with sharpshooter and high dexterity to take advantage of your near-immunity to ranged attacks, and your ability to create total obscurment at-will.

If you want homebrew that isn't too powerful, stay far, far away from this race.
Haha, well I know it's good, but most of the other players are playing homebrew races that are just as powerful, so I don't think it will be a problem. We play rather recklessly and even though the party is quite powerful our DM adjust it's campaign accordingly, so it balances out quite nicely.

A ranger/rogue is a good idea, but that's what I'm playing now, so I would like to play a caster next character

Foxydono
2016-10-14, 09:58 AM
What about a level 2 lock (Archfey: Queen of Air and Darkness) and then go Lore Bard? In this case lawful neutral with evil tendencies will be more appropriate, but it would fit the character concept.