PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mind has some original AD&D miniatures still inbox...

PangolinPie
2016-10-14, 09:46 PM
So yeah I literally met this guy as another nerd dad while at my daughters swim class. He has some original AD&D figures in box and asked me if they were worth anything. So as with most things of this nature I turn to you good people.

https://i.imgur.com/ks3vaAX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/W39jyep.jpg

Are these worth anything?

dysprosium
2016-10-14, 10:11 PM
Taking a quick look on ebay, it seems like both would be worth about $20 US each.

Basically taking an average of the listings there. Some of them were as high as $40 and as low as $10.

YMMV

Starwulf
2016-10-14, 10:25 PM
There were only 3 SOLD(this is what matters, it doesn't matter one lick what you see people listing something for, that does not define it's price, you have to look at sold listings, and just as importantly, how recently they were sold, I'm a long time E-Bayer and I can tell you right now that things prices change with the seasons, and quite drastically at times) that were still in their boxes. However, there appears to be two different types of Strongheart Paladins, and only one of those sold recently, for $26.00. The other two are in a different position and appear to be slightly larger, so they are unimportant to the matter at hand.

The 2nd one(Skylla) also only has 3 sold, but all 3 are in fact the same one your new friend has. One for $26, one for $20, the other for $4. The $4 would appear to be an outlier, I honestly have no clue as to why it was sold so much cheaply then the other two, the E-bayer has a decent amount of feedback(nearly 700), and appears to in fact sell stuff like that fairly frequently. Maybe they just didn't do their research, I don't know.

So yeah, I'd absolutely say $20-$25 for each of them, but no more then that, and he may very well have to relist them a few times before they sell, given how infrequently they do in fact sell(3 sold listings over a period of 3-4 months indicates either a shortage of supply(which price disputes, if it was that rare it'd be worth a bit more), or just not that uncommon and there isn't much of a demand on top of it.

AMFV
2016-10-14, 10:31 PM
At those prices I think you might be better off keeping them for the sentimental value, or even just the cool factor of having them instead of selling them. Unless they're taking up a buncha room.