PDA

View Full Version : That tears it. MitD needs professional help

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-11, 05:34 AM
That's just....wrong :smalleek:

Alfryd
2007-07-11, 05:40 AM
Sometimes, he eats to fill the loneliness.

Emperor Ing
2007-07-11, 05:43 AM
Aww, MITD is just a poor, lonely, superpowerful soul, looking for a friend. :smallsmile:

Castamir
2007-07-11, 05:44 AM
That is wrong?

Go read SoD, I'll show you real wrong!

Fiesta!

NeonRonin
2007-07-11, 07:27 AM
:mitd: just needs a hug. And maybe a stuffed Pikachu.

factotum
2007-07-11, 07:37 AM
:mitd: just needs a hug. And maybe a stuffed Pikachu.

He'd probably eat it. :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2007-07-11, 08:08 AM
He'd probably eat it. :smallsmile:

aww, we all know :mitd: wouldnt do that!! He not like that!

Rhyeira
2007-07-11, 08:30 AM
Because it's in fact a She. Didn't we agree on that? :smallsmile:

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-11, 08:48 AM
aww, we all know :mitd: wouldnt do that!! He not like that!

Who wouldn't want to eat a Pikachu? It looks lemon flavoured.

Vonriel
2007-07-11, 08:54 AM
I think the proper response to this is..

He's getting it, it's not helping. :smallannoyed:

squidthingy
2007-07-11, 08:56 AM
I don't think MitD needs help, I sounds like you are over-reacting just because you don't like MitD's character concept, I personally thought roy being included in the tea party is hilarious, I even predicted it:

When asked what Haley and Belkar would encounter I answered \/

Mitd *period*

or when asked what will happen to roy's body \/

srry if this has been said before but, it is very likely that Mitd came across roy's body and had him join the tea party as he did O-chul

Sigbru
2007-07-11, 10:08 AM
Well we at least learned he is strong enough to push Roy alone, he's not and undead or a Hodgoblin either, and why he needs help ? he just catch a body to his party, he just wanted to be nice to the poor guy being vulture lunch.
I wonder what O-chul is thinking...

The_Werebear
2007-07-11, 10:29 AM
The more I think about it, the more the MitD reminds me of GIR.

kpenguin
2007-07-11, 10:35 AM

"Mmmmm.... I wonder why this strange creature is giving me empty cups...."

Jorrath_Zek
2007-07-11, 10:41 AM
It's important to note that he invited Dead-Roy to the Tea party rather than make a snack of him at the Tea party.

We already knew he was strong from when he tapped Miko through the wall and further.

I think this is an interesting turn of events with the CE and CG members of the OoTS meeting up with Xykon's secret weapon before our favorite Lich wanted to reveal him...

I wonder if they will join the Tea Party as well....

Strengfellow
2007-07-11, 11:34 AM
MitD puts me in mind of watching someone singing Toreador from Bizets Carmen whilst being spanked by a spacehopper.

Wrong on an epic scale yet oddly hypnotic.

Mordokai
2007-07-11, 11:36 AM
It's important to note that he invited Dead-Roy to the Tea party rather than make a snack of him at the Tea party.

The thing probably has INT and WIS scores five and minus. Previous comics support that theory. Why make a snack of potential friend? So that means nothing, at least not for MitD.

And I also fail to see why MitD would need profesional help. What did it do to make you think that?

Dusk_Rider
2007-07-11, 11:41 AM
The more I think about it, the more the MitD reminds me of GIR.

Who/What is GIR?

Porthos
2007-07-11, 11:48 AM
Who/What is GIR?

Ask, and ye shall recieve:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIR_(Invader_Zim)

And I agree with The_Werebear, the CitD really does sound more like GIR each and every day, doesn't he? :smallbiggrin:

I can certainly see the CitD singing The Doom Song at least. :smalltongue:

Nathander
2007-07-11, 12:50 PM
Ask, and ye shall recieve:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIR_(Invader_Zim)

And I agree with The_Werebear, the CitD really does sound more like GIR each and every day, doesn't he? :smallbiggrin:

I can certainly see the CitD singing The Doom Song at least. :smalltongue:

Eh, kind of. If he was GIR, the MiTD wouldn't be able to even form a coherent thought. It still appears to have the facilities to do at least that.

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-11, 01:21 PM
I don't think MitD needs help, I sounds like you are over-reacting just because you don't like MitD's character concept

No, I'm overreacting for the purpose of comical exageration. Now drop your core body temperature by 30K.

fangthane
2007-07-11, 02:22 PM
No, I'm overreacting for the purpose of comical exageration. Now drop your core body temperature by 30K.

That's just not cool.

It'd have to be dropped to 30K for that... :smallbiggrin:

Of course, assuming you just wanted him to chill out rather than freezing or dying of hypothermia, 3K might be more appropriate - at least that's within short-term tolerance. :smallamused:

Siwenna
2007-07-11, 02:41 PM
It would be pretty cool after being dropped by 30K...

Because it's in fact a She. Didn't we agree on that?
Or not. "He's about as scarey as musty styrofoam (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0191.html).

Winterwind
2007-07-11, 02:47 PM
Eh, kind of. If he was GIR, the MiTD wouldn't be able to even form a coherent thought. It still appears to have the facilities to do at least that.Unless it happened to go into duty mode, that is.

Now that's a scary thought. Imagine the MiTD's eyes starting to glow red and it suddenly becoming competent (albeit briefly)... :smalleek:

But GIR is not as stupid as the MiTD. He's just completely, utterly and absolutely insane.

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-11, 03:44 PM
That's just not cool.

It'd have to be dropped to 30K for that... :smallbiggrin:

Of course, assuming you just wanted him to chill out rather than freezing or dying of hypothermia, 3K might be more appropriate - at least that's within short-term tolerance. :smallamused:

You didn't read the first part properly, did you? http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/9271/shiftyyx7.gif

fangthane
2007-07-11, 04:15 PM
You didn't read the first part properly, did you? http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/9271/shiftyyx7.gif

Sure did :)

Dropping someone's core body temperature by 30K leaves it well above the freezing point, but is low enough to cause hypothermia and death. And relative to 30K (which is roughly -240 degrees celsius, and an even bigger number for Yanks) that's not very cold (hence my "that's not cool" comment)

However, in order for it to be survivable, it should be on the order of 3K reduction.

So what you said equates to one of the following:
"Die of hypothermia," in which case it's mean-spirited, or "Chill." In which case it's too close to survivable norms to be obvious as an exaggeration.

So what kind of creatures die when I'm forced to explain how I was using excessive cleverness to unveil someone's accidental silliness?

Gol_Stoan
2007-07-11, 08:21 PM
I think that he was implying that his core temp was 30k above normal, hence a 30k drop would bring him back to normal. :smalltongue:

Oberon
2007-07-11, 08:38 PM
Well we at least learned he is strong enough to push Roy alone, he's not and undead or a Hodgoblin either, and why he needs help ? he just catch a body to his party, he just wanted to be nice to the poor guy being vulture lunch.

We already knew he was strong enough to knock miko through a wall with his lightest attack, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0374.html) and the size of the eyes suggest that it is something larger-headed than your standard humanoid.

And I don't think this comic is "wrong" at all. To the MitD, Roy is an inanimate object that resembles a living creature, and he therefore makes no distinction between him and a plushie.

Ubiq
2007-07-11, 08:56 PM
To the MitD, Roy is an inanimate object that resembles a living creature, and he therefore makes no distinction between him and a plushie.

He doesn't really need another plushie though between Mr. Dragon and Sir Beardy McScaryface. Of course, the latter is just me hoping that CitD lugs O-Chul around like a particularly large stuffed animal for the rest of the series.