PDA

View Full Version : Roy as an angsty Vampyre

warmachine
2007-07-11, 07:16 AM
I've never played Vampyre: The Masquerade but I do know players struggle to maintain their humanity whilst needing to drink other people's blood, often killing them. Roy would have no end of morality problems whilst Belkar would regularly drain people dry to power his vampire abilities. But what about the others?

Kurald Galain
2007-07-11, 07:27 AM
Oh please, Vampire:tM isn't nearly angst'y enough to spell it Vampyre.

Also in VtM you don't need to kill anyone to drink their blood, and you can even drink from animals if you really have to (although it is considered lame by the vamp elite).

I suspect Roy would be a vigilante vamp, who drinks only from criminals. Kind of like Batman, only, more Bat.

:belkar: Belkar would join the Sabbat and go on a rampage.
:vaarsuvius: Vaarsuvius would make an excellent Tremere.
:elan: Elan would die the next morning from dancing around in sunlight.
:haley: Haley would be a decent manipulative type, trading for favors and such, although Nale's got her beat.
:durkon: Durkon would turn himself until he dusts.

NeonRonin
2007-07-11, 07:36 AM
So based off the previous post, would that make Elan a Malkavian?

I agree about Belkar joining the Sabbat, but I wonder if he'd be one of the actual Sabbat clans, or a Brujah antitribu. (The latter seems more likely to me.)

V as a Tremere- yeah, I can see that.

Durkon- well, there really isn't any turning in V:tM, but maybe he'd be something out of one of the other White Wolf games. (A dwarven werewolf, maybe? Okay, silly idea, but you never know...)

Haley is easy to see as a manipulator regardless of clan, but I'd place her as either Toreador or a Ventrue. (The latter is an option because, well, they're the 'leaders' and usually the ones with money. And we all know what Haley loves... besides Elan, anyway.)

Roderick_BR
2007-07-11, 08:46 AM
I stopped liking Vampire for a few reasons:
* Drama queens: Vampire the Maskerade turned into Vampire the Emorade.
* Non drama queens: People (specialy people I played with) that plays vampires like some sort of Marvel SuperHeroes (Uh? Humanity? Oh, yeah, I need to roll that sometimes)
* Superpopulation and World Domination: There's a vampire in every corner, and EVERYTHING is controled by vampires (except when it's controled by a mage)
* Elitists: People that think that Vampire is the ONLY game that you actually roleplay something, and D&D don't.

Other than these, Vampire was fairly entertaining to play, specially if you use one werewolf or one mage as a special NPC to keep the players on their toes.

Being a bard, of course Elan would be a Toreador. Haley would be a caitiff, a vampire without a clan.
Hmm... Durkon would be a mortal hunter, probably with lots of Faith points. And a heavy Scotish accent. If he were a vampire... I can't place him in any specific group.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-11, 09:12 AM
So based off the previous post, would that make Elan a Malkavian?
Not really, more like a really dumb vampire that gets killed in short order. Such tend to be common among Brujah :) although Elan is more likely a Tory.

Durkon- well, there really isn't any turning in V:tM,
True faith. Well, kind of. My point was that Durkon would look at himself in horror and proceed to destroy himself.

Quietus
2007-07-11, 10:27 AM
Hmm... Durkon would be a mortal hunter, probably with lots of Faith points. And a heavy Scotish accent. If he were a vampire... I can't place him in any specific group.

Is that a hunter, or a Hunter?

Rinquist
2007-07-11, 10:57 AM
Not really, more like a really dumb vampire that gets killed in short order. Such tend to be common among Brujah :) although Elan is more likely a Tory.

Elan refuses to play into the whole, "Brujah are dumb" cliche! He could have an MBA, you know.

Edit: And for the sake of argument, if Durkon didn't destroy himself upon being embraced, I'd say that he'd fit into one of those fanatically religious Malkavian archtypes. Kinda like Anatolie ... but shorter.

Porthos
2007-07-11, 11:18 AM
[Note these are all oWoD clans. Never got in to the nWoD]

I'd say Roy as Brujah, except for the whole "Rebel, Rebel" aspect. But I just can't see Roy as Ventrue either. Tremere is out (obviously), as is Malkavian. Nosferatu?? Perhaps. He's certainly got the whole "Internal Contradiction" theme of the Nosferatu going on. And he certainly has the intellegence, bitterness, and snarkiness required of most Nosferatu. Toreador? Absoluetly not. Gangrel? Next. :smalltongue:

If we're limiting ourselves to the "basic" clans, I'd guess Roy, if not a Nosferatu, would be a Brujah, but one that tries to go against the stereotypical "Rebel Without a Clue" angle of the clan. So he ordinarily tries to be an erudite, worldly member of the clan. But when he gets pissed off... .watch out. :smalltongue:

ETA: Elan is definitely either Toreador or Malkavian. It just depends on which vamp got to him first. :smalltongue: The whole "understanding dramatic moments" is right up the Toreador alley. But then again, this is a character who goes on "adventures" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0206.html) and created his own religion (by talking to a hand puppet).

So... A person who should have been embraced by a Toreador, but a Childe of Malkav got him first, I think. Remember, Malkavians don't have to be bat-<blank>, drooling-on-themselves, insane. Just a bit..... touched. :smalltongue:

And the "tapping the direction of the force plot" from his Dashing Swordsman PrC could be his Malkavian Madness Network at play. Handly little ability, that. :smallwink:

psychoticbarber
2007-07-11, 11:53 AM

The way you have it spelled out here "mortal hunter" could mean "one who hunts mortals", which really is every vampire.

[/grammarnazi]

Rinquist
2007-07-11, 12:38 PM
Derf! I just realized, Durkon would be a Salubri! In the games that I've been in, childer of Saulot do still exist, they're just very very rare. You can thank clan Tremere for that, usurping bastards!

Senex
2007-07-11, 01:20 PM
:roy:: Oldschool Brujah. Intelligence, physical prowess, charismatic presence, and a healthy dose of butt-kicking rage for the occasions when all else fails.

:durkon:: With just a little bit of reindoctrination, he would make for a rather frightening Lasombra. Either that, or a Malkavian prophet of Gehenna.

:vaarsuvius:: Tremere is an obvious option; however, other 'cerebral' clans and bloodlines (Giovanni, Kyasid) are also quite viable.

:belkar:: It will be pretty much impossible to determine his real clan, given the number of Cainites that he'll diablerize in short order.

:elan:: Toreador. Who else would be stupid enough to embrace him? :smallbiggrin:

:haley:: Tough choice. On one hand, her affinity for stealth and her penchant for hoarding secrets make her a natural target for an Embrace into the Nosferatu clan. On other hand, her unsatiable greed and skills at thievery could very well tempt a Ravnos to claim her as his childe. And let's not forget that red hair is a clear sign of Set's favor... :smallwink:

psychoticbarber
2007-07-11, 02:36 PM
:elan:: Toreador. Who else would be stupid enough to embrace him? :smallbiggrin:

Hey, easy on my favourite clan :smalltongue:.

Roderick_BR
2007-07-11, 03:15 PM
The way you have it spelled out here "mortal hunter" could mean "one who hunts mortals", which really is every vampire.

[/grammarnazi]
Next time, GrammarNazi, next time *shakefist*

Derf! I just realized, Durkon would be a Salubri! In the games that I've been in, childer of Saulot do still exist, they're just very very rare. You can thank clan Tremere for that, usurping bastards!
Oh, alright! That would work perfectly :smallsmile:

Ancalagon
2007-07-11, 03:27 PM
Belkar is clearly Malkavian. And probably the target of a Blood Hunt after half an hour of gaming/half a night.

Rogue9dlb
2007-07-11, 03:46 PM
To modernize things (ie Vampire the Requiem)

:belkar: Gangrel, possibly Brujah bloodline. More than likely an unaligned.
:roy: Gangrel, either part of VII or unaligned.
:haley: Mekhet, unaligned/Carthans.
:elan: Deava, unaligned/Carthans.
:vaarsuvius: Venture, either unaligned or Invictus.
:durkon: Most likely a Mekhet with some kind of bloodline, either Lancea Sanctum or VII.

Grendita
2007-07-11, 04:04 PM
Old school WoD time!

:belkar: - Bhaali or a really blood thristy Assamite (Stealthy evil killer of course)
:haley: - Ravnos, what else?
:durkon: - Brujah, once he'd come to terms with his existance his bouts of kick assness and his devotion to an ideal would be typical of a Brujah
:vaarsuvius: - Tremere, obviously
:roy: - Brujah, for the reasons mentioned above, although perhaps Ventrue as he is a leader, the merit based ones of course
:elan: - Child of Malkav, or Toreador for reasons mentioned above.

Now for the Linear Guild!

:thog: - Gangrel, what other clan would let him get to know puppies and hit things with a big axe?
:nale: - Lasombra, he is a conninving manipulative bastard, would fit right in :smallbiggrin:
:sabine: - Bhaali I would say

Discuss the last three at your leisure