PDA

View Full Version : RAW uses for wish/miracle

flappeercraft
2016-10-15, 08:34 PM
So a friend of mine asked me for RAW uses for wish/miracle that have been shown whether on an adventure, in a dragon magazine or in a book that is not core. Just something that was written explicitly other than those in core. Any you can recall?

DarkSoul
2016-10-15, 08:42 PM
I know of miracles but not wishes.

flappeercraft
2016-10-15, 08:42 PM
I know of miracles but not wishes.

Good enough

Flickerdart
2016-10-15, 08:43 PM
So a friend of mine asked me for RAW uses for wish that have been shown whether on an adventure, in a dragon magazine or in a book that is not core. Just something that was written explicitly other than those in core. Any you can recall?

A whole slew of spells and effects say that they can be undone only by wish or miracle, implicitly giving those spells the ability to do that.

Bullet06320
2016-10-15, 09:47 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?500400-Printed-uses-of-Wish-Limited-Wish

there was a similar thread recently

DarkSoul
2016-10-15, 10:20 PM
Good enoughPower of Faerun page 61. A miracle is cast to spare the effects of an entire city and the surrounding farmlands from the effects of a magical disaster taking place elsewhere in the world.

Later, the same cleric casts a miracle after a battle "healing all of the wounded and raising most of the dead".

There are no specific numbers given but cure wounds spells on dozens to hundreds of people and multiple raise dead spells on probably dozens of people at once with one casting, and long-term effects on the weather/climate of an area anywhere from ten to a hundred miles across with another.

Inevitability
2016-10-16, 01:26 AM
Killing the tarrasque forever requires one of those spells. Or at least that was the intention.