PDA

View Full Version : Death by Snu Snu?

Braininthejar2
2016-10-16, 12:46 PM
Well, not exactly.

I'm designing a fortress for fire giants and I want the boss to have a slave harem.

I need some comely women between 9 and 12 feet tall, that wouldn't be a pain to keep from escaping.

What species should I be looking for?

Inevitability
2016-10-16, 12:51 PM
I need some comely women between 9 and 12 feet tall, that wouldn't be a pain to keep from escaping.

I wanted to remark this question probably isn't forum-appropriate, but I can't stop wondering how people would respond to this remark if it was made anywhere else on the internet. Except /d/, where it's a perfectly logical thing to say.

Braininthejar2
2016-10-16, 12:55 PM
Come on, we're playing D&D here, not FATAL. :smallsigh:

I meant no natural flight, invisibility SLAs and such like...

Cerefel
2016-10-16, 01:01 PM
Jotunbrud humans are about 7-8 feet tall

They also have no LA which could allow for some fun NPC builds once they're free

Flickerdart
2016-10-16, 01:03 PM
The easiest way would be to get enlarge person and permanency onto some human peasants. Most naturally large creatures have exceptional strength, but you could use relatively weak walls and doors to keep someone with ~12 STR trapped.

Malimar
2016-10-16, 01:03 PM
My first thought is frost giants, stone giants, goliaths, half-giants, and other fire giants (could get a bit of a Craster thing going on with the half-giants and fire giants, if you want to creep your players out).

Inevitability
2016-10-16, 01:19 PM
Jotunbrud humans are about 7-8 feet tall

They also have no LA which could allow for some fun NPC builds once they're free

LA is irrelevant for NPC's anyway.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-10-16, 02:51 PM
Well, mindless creatures are convenient. How about fire giant skeletons?

...no? Whyever not? Oh, I see. Yes, that's going to be a problem.

Maybe a (sentry ooze) living spell, based on blinding beauty, major image and unseen servant? Not technically RAW (as the beauty would apply to anyone inside the ooze), but close enough. Easy to keep, attractive, and - depending on implementation - possibly adjustable to all tastes.

Wha...? What is it with you people, not appreciating practical solutions?

Okay, final offer. Fire elemental weirds. Large, fiery, beautiful, easy to keep captive (comes with free pool), great and powerful spellcasters (sorc 18), know all your dirty little secrets...

Hey! Stop hitting me! Alright, I'll go away... grumble grumble nobody appreciates a good suggestion anymore grumble

Braininthejar2
2016-10-16, 03:04 PM
I just realized that putting innocent people there will prevent the player from earthquaking the place before going in.

If she does erthquake the lower levels though... what happens if you cast earthquake inside a semi-active volcano?

MisterKaws
2016-10-16, 03:30 PM
I just realized that putting innocent people there will prevent the player from earthquaking the place before going in.

If she does erthquake the lower levels though... what happens if you cast earthquake inside a semi-active volcano?

Dunno, something about eruptions and all that.

Braininthejar2
2016-10-16, 03:42 PM
So, it then becomes a timed mission?

Endarire
2016-10-16, 04:00 PM
What if they're real giants with bestow curse on them to reduce their STR?

MasterFu
2016-10-16, 04:49 PM
Depending on the levels we're talking about, they may have contact with the efreet, who are notorious slavers and who may have a wide selection of "indentured hospitality workers" to choose from. For fire giants, I would probably pick frost giants to play up the whole elemental/tribal rivalry angle.

But if this was my campaign? I would just use simulacra. Maybe the efreet have found a cheap way to make them. You can start with any species as a base and then sculpt it to look like any other species with a 2nd level spell (think "Bladerunner" or "Westworld" here). Maybe they're charging the giants outrageous prices for cloned goblins in horned helms and dresses. More plot hooks, less grey morality, less... squick.