PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Temposis: Bound by Loss

Morcleon
2016-10-16, 04:38 PM
Temposis: Bound by Loss
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?503613)
http://img11.deviantart.net/9a5b/i/2012/116/2/8/waterfall_city_speedy_by_kingcloud-d4xoaba.jpg

It's been four months since your family was attacked and you were cast out on your own into the wider world of Temposis. While a difficult life with such little preparation, you have managed to survive on your own with your wits and magic. You've even earned a little bit of money after defeating a bandit camp with a bounty on their heads and taking the odd job here or there. Despite this, it is only now that you've decided to leave the relatively neutral lands around your family home in search of an answer that may lie elsewhere. To east is Amiron, an old land steeped in magic and tradition. To the west is Duramel, a land of progress and power. Your journeys thus far have simply led you to the border city of Lantai, in the north of the continent. Once a military outpost for Amiron, it has since blossomed into a city in its own right, straddling both sides of the Lance River that leads from the Tor Mountains to the Border Sea.

The sun breaks over the horizon, light spilling out across the two massive spires and the uneven rooftops below them and, most importantly for you, through the thin slats of the window in your single inn room.

Lix Lorn
2016-11-17, 11:31 AM
Elizabeth yawns, awaking from an uneasy sleep in the unfamiliar bedroom. Of course, that part is nothing new - Faubern never sleep well. Even with a mostly quiescent 'partner', their dreams are influenced and changed by their use of fel power. Neither is traveling something new; for they travel across the world to go where they are needed. At least, that's what her uncle always taught her.

Who knows what they'll be doing now her father is in charge?

The thought was enough for her to finish waking up, sitting upright with a wince. Behind her, her shadow stretched out its arms, giving a magnificent, exaggerated yawn.
My dear partner. Drawled Salicia's voice in her head. I suppose there's no chance we're going to invite that delightful minstrel up to the room and play with her, instead of moving on to Amiron?
You suppose right. thought Elizabeth, without hint of rebuke. She was quite used to the succubus' sarcastic ways. I must find out what happened. Nothing else is permissible.
Yes, yes, you need to prove yourself to your father. I'm sure showing him up for yet another time will improve his feelings.

As they mentally sparred Elizabeth got dressed, ignoring her shadows lewd motions and flaunting.
It doesn't matter what he thinks. Elizabeth lied, knowing full well that neither of them believed it. Whatever he thinks, I care about my family. I must find out why this happened.
Become a mercenary. A soldier. A harlot. If you like, I have plenty of positions I could offer you below. said Salicia. Elizabeth could feel her grinning, and she scowled. That was one step further than she was going to dignify with response.

She put her rapier at her belt, joining her knife within her jacket, and heads downstairs. She dips her head politely at one of the serving staff, and orders breakfast.
I'd prefer we ordered the serving staff.
Not today.

Morcleon
2016-11-24, 02:03 PM
Lantai
Morning: June 1, 857

A young half-elf with bright pink hair hurries up to you, bowing. She holds out a menu for you to look through. "Hello miss, I'm Tena! What would you like for breakfast this morning?"

Lix Lorn
2016-11-24, 08:32 PM
The shadow opens her invisible mouth to reply, but Elizabeth is more than ready to give her a mental No., and she shuts it again.
"Some bread and cheese would be lovely." she says, giving the waitress a soft smile. "And some ham, if you have some?" she adds, glancing at the menu to see if it's on there.

Morcleon
2016-11-28, 04:36 PM
Lantai

Tena beams back at you and nods. "We do! I'll get you your food soon, ma'am." She spins around, skirt flaring up, then quickly strides over to the door. After a few minutes, she returns, carrying a platter of bread, cheese, and ham, as well as a cup of water.

"Will there be anything else, ma'am?"

Lix Lorn
2016-11-28, 08:37 PM
Seemingly from nowhere comes Elizabeth's voice, whispering, audible but just barely, saying "Sit down and join us~" with a lilting, teasing laugh. Elizabeth tries to speak over it.
"Thank you, no, that's all." she says, blushing faintly.

Eldest
2016-12-02, 10:04 AM
In Elizabeth's room, Tiana quietly climbs in through the window and sets about the room cleaning up, a tossed piece of clothing put away here, a vase of fresh flowers there. She puts her well-worn travel bag tucked away in the wardrobe, switching from traveling clothes to a season-appropriate green dress, and comes downstairs, looking to find her betrothed.

Morcleon
2017-01-23, 12:49 AM
Lantai

Seemingly from nowhere comes Elizabeth's voice, whispering, audible but just barely, saying "Sit down and join us~" with a lilting, teasing laugh. Elizabeth tries to speak over it.
"Thank you, no, that's all." she says, blushing faintly.

Tena blinks in confusion, ears twitching slightly as she tries to remember if she had heard that faint line correctly. Shaking away the hesitation, she gives Elizabeth a small bow before heading off. "It's my pleasure, ma'am. Have a nice meal!"

In Elizabeth's room, Tiana quietly climbs in through the window and sets about the room cleaning up, a tossed piece of clothing put away here, a vase of fresh flowers there. She puts her well-worn travel bag tucked away in the wardrobe, switching from traveling clothes to a season-appropriate green dress, and comes downstairs, looking to find her betrothed.

Downstairs, you find the dining hall of inn beginning to fill up, and Elizabeth off in a corner, having recently received her meal from a half-elf with bright pink hair.

Lix Lorn
2017-02-03, 03:05 AM
She smiles again, and starts to eat. She doesn't say anything to Salicia, but gives her the emotional equivalent of a disappointed glance.

Eldest
2017-02-03, 08:06 AM
Tiana slides behind Elizabeth and kisses her on the cheek. Hello, beloved! And hi, Salicia.

Lix Lorn
2017-02-03, 02:32 PM
There was a sharp intake of breath, and then Elizabeth breathed out.
"Tiana." she said, softly, but faintly accusatory. "You followed me."
"Tiana! I'm so glad, you followed us." said Salicia, simultaneously, her whispers amused and teasing.

Eldest
2017-02-03, 03:56 PM
Teeechnically yes... I am engaged to you, after all. She sits at the table and smiles at the waiter until her order is taken, and then turns back to her fiance.

Lix Lorn
2017-02-05, 05:35 AM
"If you're going to pull that out, then you should be somewhere safe where you're not in any danger." she points out, with all appearance of being serious.
"And ideally pregnant!"
"Stop helping."
"Helping?"

Eldest
2017-02-05, 08:58 AM
She blinks. I have herbs for that. And staying behind is boring. I want to see more of the world!

Lix Lorn
2017-02-05, 09:41 AM
"'Interesting' and 'dangerous' go hand in hand." she frowns. "As you yielded, shouldn't you listen to me?"

Eldest
2017-02-05, 01:02 PM
Her eyes go unfocused for a moment, and she chants. For these are the precepts of the battlemaiden's pride.
You shall suffer no insult to your betrothed, and will honor them.
You shall support them in all things.

Well that's the relevant section at least, there's a lot of those. Long story short, I'm here and staying. How else can you get supported, or more importantly. How else can I hit people that insult you?

Lix Lorn
2017-02-05, 11:59 PM
"That's from an entirely different noble tradition and you know it." she huffs. "But clearly you're not going to change your mind, so. I suppose I'll have to account for it."