PDA

View Full Version : LF Halloween One-Shot

tbly1865
2016-10-17, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone. With Halloween around the corner, I am looking for a Halloween-themed one-shot to play with my normal group. We are putting our normal campaign (which next meets on Halloween) on hold for a single session where they will either create new characters, or I will give them pre-mades sheets. I am hoping for it to be a bit light-hearted, but with a sense of spookiness.

I've been searching for pre-made campaigns, but I can't find one that I am set on yet. If anyone knows of a good one that is already made, please let me know. I am happy to make my own, but am a bit busy for the next few weeks.

If I am unable to find one, then I'll make one. I am leaning towards setting something up in a village which has lore of a haunted house on a hill. The players would have been passing through the town when werewolves (lycanthropes) begin to attack the village. Random village-people would have gone missing over the course of a few evenings. Just the start of an idea.

Aembrosia
2016-10-17, 03:23 PM
Literally death house.

Google death house or death house pdf. There is a redit for notes on running it. Its a haunted house in a creepy village getting attacked by werewolves. Or in otherwords everything you asked for.

tbly1865
2016-10-17, 03:47 PM
Literally death house.

Google death house or death house pdf. There is a redit for notes on running it. Its a haunted house in a creepy village getting attacked by werewolves. Or in otherwords everything you asked for.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out.

BW022
2016-10-17, 06:34 PM
Ideas...

1. A storm of some kind has trapped people in an small roadside waystation (inn, stables, animal pens, shop, blacksmith, etc.) with about twenty guests and a dozen staff. One (or more) of them is a werewolf.

2. A headless wraith is terrorizing a community and rides a nightmare.

3. Players are sent to a bard college to investigate a murder. There is a 'spooky' MacBeth-like play going on about witches, ghosts, and murders... while cast and staff are being murdered.

4. Thieves' Guild is holding a scavenger hunt. Each group gets an invitation. Starts at midnight, each is given a dozen clues for places around the city (top of a guard tower, fountain, under an abandoned boat, in the rafters of the great library, cemetery, etc..). Each area has a clue -- plus a trick, trap, monster, etc. First group to arrive back with six clues wins. Other groups are more than happy attacking or tricking the PCs group.

5. Costume Party hosted by an assassin necromancer. He keeps killing people and putting doppelgangers in their costumes.

6. Zombie apocalypse. A strange red meteor appears over the city at night and everyone starts turning into zombies. Players need to flee the city.

7. Evil fey fair. Players visit a traveling fair during the day -- children, clowns, dogs, horses, bearded woman, trick archers, trained vultures, etc. each getting more and more elaborate leading to a giant man. They eat something and wake up after the fair has closed... only everything is a mirror opposite of the what they saw the first time... children are goblins, dog is a hellhound, clowns are ghouls, horses are nightmares, breaded woman is an evil dwarf, vultures are vroks, etc.

tbly1865
2016-10-17, 07:47 PM
Ideas...

1. A storm of some kind has trapped people in an small roadside waystation (inn, stables, animal pens, shop, blacksmith, etc.) with about twenty guests and a dozen staff. One (or more) of them is a werewolf.

2. A headless wraith is terrorizing a community and rides a nightmare.

3. Players are sent to a bard college to investigate a murder. There is a 'spooky' MacBeth-like play going on about witches, ghosts, and murders... while cast and staff are being murdered.

4. Thieves' Guild is holding a scavenger hunt. Each group gets an invitation. Starts at midnight, each is given a dozen clues for places around the city (top of a guard tower, fountain, under an abandoned boat, in the rafters of the great library, cemetery, etc..). Each area has a clue -- plus a trick, trap, monster, etc. First group to arrive back with six clues wins. Other groups are more than happy attacking or tricking the PCs group.

5. Costume Party hosted by an assassin necromancer. He keeps killing people and putting doppelgangers in their costumes.

6. Zombie apocalypse. A strange red meteor appears over the city at night and everyone starts turning into zombies. Players need to flee the city.

7. Evil fey fair. Players visit a traveling fair during the day -- children, clowns, dogs, horses, bearded woman, trick archers, trained vultures, etc. each getting more and more elaborate leading to a giant man. They eat something and wake up after the fair has closed... only everything is a mirror opposite of the what they saw the first time... children are goblins, dog is a hellhound, clowns are ghouls, horses are nightmares, breaded woman is an evil dwarf, vultures are vroks, etc.

All wonderful ideas. I'm actually going to incorporate a couple of these into my one-shot. I think an inn where residents are randomly attacked by werewolves is amazing!

DiceDiceBaby
2016-10-21, 07:23 AM
If you're looking for something premade, try refluffing this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?425679-Army-of-the-Damned-Free-lvl-1-5-adventure-set-in-Magic-the-Gathering-s-Innistrad) premade adventure to suit your campaign. Fits the horror theme and is very easy to use, based on experience. Werewolves, zombies, demons, devils, cursed swords, mad scientists, the whole shebang. At the very least would give you some ideas. :smallsmile: